• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The board is made into a checkerboard
-Every 15 seconds, your units regain their mana and can do something

Unit Production-Via "Bases" Built on Squares.
Each turn you can choose to create in each of your bases
--Melee units-It takes three turns for melee units to die
--Archer units-It takes 1 turn for archer units to die however it can attack squares next to them
--Builders-It takes 1 turn for Builders to die however can create Buildings
Each unit does 1 damage per turn

Builders Build
5 turns to make-2 turns to kill-Bases
1 turns to make-3 turns to kill-Towers-Archers can still attack while in towers
5 turns to make-2 turns-Docks-Make them near the Shore
3 turns to make-1 turn to kill-Horse Ranch-Units that go there get horses

When you units are made it creates "Officers" and some men
The Way Movement works is through the unit "Officers"
To move your Officers your officers create a Healing ward at location you want to go (it has a maximum range of one checkerboards) which uses up your units MP. When the Round ends, Your unit Regains MP

Different Squares Feature Different Terrain
-Trees-Allow you to be unseen by enemies
-Water-You can't move there
-Horses-Your units Can go on horse back

Horses
-Allow people to move 2 moves each turn
-they die after the first turn they are in combat but you can dismount them and leave them behind.

Boats
-Allow units to move 3 moves each turn
-Only works on water though
-Boat combat is the same as normal combat

Give me credit...
Seriously... I need it for something I'm working on...

Level 34
There should be made a réál Risk map actually, the Risk maps I've viewed from start to today are just plain ''grab a army and rush'' thing, not a One-by-One gameplay.

Level 12
It sounds quite tricky... Good luck making it!

(when you write "give me credit" you mean "Add me reputation"?)

Nah...
I'
m working on another map right now...
Which is a lot more simple
This game I don't think will be nearly as successfull... THough it could be...

But if someone sees it, and decides to make it, I would hope they give me credit cuz I'm preparing a clan right now thats all about game concepts...

I noticed (which wasn't too hard) that I have a lot of ideas and never can get around to actually making them... So... I decided to make a forum dedicated to just game ideas.

I just want the publicity...
I could care less about making people think I'm an all star Game Concept Guru...
But... I want them to know that I have a bunch of ideas and willing to put them out there... And they could feel free to do the same in my forum... which has a name that anybody can respect... in my opinion... (
The Best Game ever...

Also I'm putting in a mini school for people to submit tutorials or walkthrough people to do it...

PS: I don't consider this publicizing... I just threw it out there because you asked...

There should be made a réál Risk map actually, the Risk maps I've viewed from start to today are just plain ''grab a army and rush'' thing, not a One-by-One gameplay.

Yep! Thats what it would be
-With the Serpent ward ability people could only move to certain locations...
--Just
If-Serpent ward is casted in location
then-Move casting unit and 6 "men" to location

Seprent ward uses all the mana of the unit...
-Every 15 seconds every units mana is recharged...

Level 12
Errrm... Too hard to understand for me. But sounds good)

Pretty much...
Risk where each turn lasts 15 seconds or maybe 30...
+Zone Control

Melee units Take 3 turns to kill
Archer units can hit things that are two spaces away
Builders Build Protective Bases, Unit spawners, Docks (for sea travel) and horse ranches

ANy unit can ride a horse
Horsemen can move three times in one turn

Level 24
A few questions/suggections:

1) It sounds rather strange. Are the bases going to be like techwar bases?
2) Rather than having horses as terrain perhaps have them as items which can be purchased because it is extremely unrealistic to just jump on a wild horse.
3) Instead of waiting for (3?) turns to wipe out the whole unit develop a system which kills off randomly selected units in the square that you are in (not including officers)
4) I would recommend having a few different levels of unit (ie: veteran, elite. . .) also diffent levels of officers (ie: captain, general. . .) the higher level officers should have auras which help friendly troops or disable enemy troops.
5) Gameplay-wise it sounds like archers are going to be really weak and only ever able to attack once before dieing. See, the archer moves beside a unit and deals damage. It's turn then ends. The unit then moves onto the archer and kills it.

If you use any of these I am trying to earn some rep and would be happy if you gave me some. (I gave you some (for the idea))

Level 12
A few questions/suggections:

1) It sounds rather strange. Are the bases going to be like techwar bases?
2) Rather than having horses as terrain perhaps have them as items which can be purchased because it is extremely unrealistic to just jump on a wild horse.
3) Instead of waiting for (3?) turns to wipe out the whole unit develop a system which kills off randomly selected units in the square that you are in (not including officers)
4) I would recommend having a few different levels of unit (ie: veteran, elite. . .) also diffent levels of officers (ie: captain, general. . .) the higher level officers should have auras which help friendly troops or disable enemy troops.
5) Gameplay-wise it sounds like archers are going to be really weak and only ever able to attack once before dieing. See, the archer moves beside a unit and deals damage. It's turn then ends. The unit then moves onto the archer and kills it.

If you use any of these I am trying to earn some rep and would be happy if you gave me some. (I gave you some (for the idea))

The Archer I'm changing to two spaces away... So they can be far away.... Basically going to balance it out so that if Melee units get within targeting range of Archers and Charge at them, they will die at the same time

I'm a little concerned about giving Officers too much power.... CUz I want the game to be about tactics.... not about raw power over time.........

I might have to work on this shet.... Cuz another Map I'm doing is Still in concept... while this Is FAR more simple....

I'll give yew rep.... If yew help me........

Status
Not open for further replies.