1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of Winterchill 0.71m

Submitted by Softmints
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
After months of supposed inactivity, Rage Winterchill has amassed a rogue legion of demons, satyr, and undead to use in a fanatical strike against the Night Elves in an attempt to avenge Archimonde's death. After demolishing several elven outposts, he has stationed himself in the ruins of a former city, and is prepared to fight. The Elves are underprepared and doom lingers overhead; can you turn the tides of the battle?

Features:
* A high-level AoS with engaging, action-packed gameplay.
* Thirty completely
original heroes to fight with.
* Focus on
interesting abilities which take aiming/timing, and reward skilled players.
* Almost
no stuns/complete disables which leave your character helpless.
* Stat-based abilities which scale differently depending on your item build.
* Optional Tournament Mode with ordered bans and picks.
8 years of iteration and polish.

* Very
progressive item systems, designed for ease of use:
* Clearly organised Marketplace interface (see screenshots below) with full information about effects stacking and recipe components.
* No overlapping 'orb abilities': everything works on every hero and with every other item.
* 'Recipe' items will auto-complete if you already have enough gold.
* Type -i itemname to buy an itemname, saves time on searching (various other shortcuts available).
* Interesting items which improve ability fields such as Duration and AoE, to add more build options.

* Clean visual style without gaudy effects.
* All necessary information is contained within the map, no need for an external reference.
* Continued
on-demand support for bugs/balance fixes, though active development has ended.

Shortfalls:
* There are no AI/bot players in the map, nor any immediate plans to add them. Sorry!
* Large (8MB) file size due to lots of custom assets.

Screenshots:
(Plenty available below!)

Want to play?
* You can find players on the RoW Steam group.
* The latest versions are always on MakeMeHost.com.
* RoW takes approximately 50 minutes, and it's best played with at least 4v4. For 3v3 or less, the game will activate an all-mid mode.

More details about the game can be found on the Homepage!

Changelog:
* View it online here.
* Or find it in the map's quest menu (along with accreditations).

Video!
Check out recorded streams at the Twitch.tv channel.

Below, a video featuring out-takes from couple of games from 2012. Huge thanks to Sep for putting it together!

Related Content:
Softmints' other work includes:
* DotA Outland, which is this map's predecessor.
* Leraux, a single-player puzzle-adventure game.
* Lane-Pushing Games, a blag about AoS maps.

Keywords:
AoS, Winterchill, Rise, DotA, Outland, RoW, Softmints, Rise of Winterchill, DotA Outland, Hero, Heroes, Spell, Custom, Moba
Contents

Rise of Winterchill 0.71m (Map)

Reviews
18:41, 23rd Dec 2008 Rui: Not a bad AoS. Its bases were well covered up, but concretely, it did not come out so well. See my full review. With a full 3/5 (Useful), this map is Approved! 21:44, 16th May 2011 Cweener: Went back through it on...
  1. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And can you tell us what you like about this map to manifest your feeling, transforming it to a reasonable evaluation that helps the project, to actually give a meaning?

2. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quick note: We have a new video in the map description: give it a look!

Thanks for taking the time to write that up. I think most of the bugs mentioned have been fixed by now. I tried playercolours on presents a while back and didn't get far, but I might take another look at it soon. Voismasochists are intended to drop coins. -i commands are readable in the Marketplace; for example, the item titled Adelaster can be purchased with the orange shortcut -i ade, or its full name -i adelaster.

Poison is graphically distinct, but new players understandably don't know what it does. In our games, we just tell new players in chat, but as we're not always there, I'll add a new tip activated on being poisoned.

I don't derive much satisfaction from landing homing abilities, and obviously can't enjoy dodging them, so I generally don't include them. I don't enjoy being completely disabled (stun, sleep), so I don't include those either. They're features inherited from an RTS background, which the AoS genre should have shed a long time ago. There are plenty of easier maps in the genre around for those who prefer them.

With respect to variety, I'm excluding one kind of disable, and one way to aim an ability. That leaves a lot of room for variety, as the map itself should attest.

That's out of my hands. Use Warkeys? I just use numpad myself.

Moderately long cooldowns are necessary for aiming to have any meaning. If an ability is too spammy/available, there's no incentive to make an effort because missing is inconsequential. Furthermore, having downtime after using an ability provides strategic depth and opportunities; Oracle for example is very difficult to kill while he has his abilities ready, so he needs to be baited, or taken down with numbers.

Yes, lots of abilities are situational, and part of the game is getting your hero into situations which suit you, and out of situations which suit the opponent. Sun Tzu has a lot to say about this. If you don't like Ty, don't play her is all I can suggest.

I'm glad you liked it. I'll take a look at Pyth's descriptions; do you know exactly which ones are mixed up and where?

I have no plans to include more game modes, aside from possibly a tournament draft. All pick would be a headache to balance which I do not intend to give myself.

3. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's with the poison at 0:15? The panda is rather disabled while in iceblock and some of the knockbacks are kind of hard.

Your promotional video shows some movement and "spectacular" combos tearing up victim heroes within seconds even with the positions being totally off and in random scenarios. But what I would like to see is some structural setup displaying the standard tactics that is not destroyed by a sudden mistake/one-shot.

It's not about what I use. You should raise the question when designing the game. So you currently expect numpad or that people load Warkeys on their own.

If the effect stacks up well, it won't be inconsequential. Yeah, I did not mean that you should turn everything to 4 seconds but the avoidance of down-time was your point.

What if I only do not like that one ability? And should I force everyone else in the game to not pick her? Winning is not everything, I would also like to face a reasonable challenge when playing against her or her as a teammate and after all, she belongs to the game.

4. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Hi, great you still develop this.
    I just played 062o, and didn't notice many changes:
    Druid
    If you played druid 1-2 times, it's basically the best (left team) hero. He is ranged, Spells are aoe, global range, selfbuff, disable - the Lighting Spell has just insane dmg output once you learn how to use it.
    The global cast range and dmg increae per distance is just so damn overpowered, especially against melee heros and in mid. You can nuke a hero standing by a msochist e.g. so easily, with help of a mate you can even hit heros half across the map and 1hit them basically.
    I had the vampire hero against the druids once, and there was nothing I could do. He could harass me as ranged all the time, I didn't have any ranged spells and when I wanted to get near he just used gale and ran away without getting 1 hit.
    Even when we get near with a gank or invis, he can use whirlwind and disable us long enough to run away/wait for mana/cd on gale.
    And I also played him a few times myself and always won easily, even against players who knew the map and items and some heros.
    Def op.

That tauren melee/ranged swapper

Oh well I wanted to test out this new? Hero, just to find out it's total garbage.
    There are again, few useable dmgspells, only 1 ranged, so you are lost against ranged in melee mode, like most other melee heros, you will most certainly never hit with double-edge except you got rocket boots, your ult ist just taunt which wont inflict ranged heros too.
    He was so squichy, I don#t remeber what my lane enmy was, some ranged tho and I got my ass handed to me, because the poison in ranged mode does 0! really 0 dmg andeven with attributes you can't buff it up enough.
    oh an like most other Spells in Row, the main dmg-spell doesn't use the main attribute of the hero. why?
    I had the emperor once, but then I lost against the panda in lategame because he could improve his rolling-dmg so much he one-hit me on ice, even with health & armor items.

Gameplay
    RoW is SloW. Really. It's not that I have abig problem with that, but the gameplay speed isn't spread out balanced on the gametime.
    In the beginning creeps kill you with like 7 hits and you can't even get near the tower, but with a few kills you can buy a few items and get the tower down very easily, if the lane partner ganks or is back for shopping.
    The pushing and snowballing is very high in this aspect, and the main buildings are so near to the mid tower, that we couldn't even really defend it when the mid was gone.

the time is kinda like that
    |---------------Early-------------||-----Mid----||--End--| Game
    In early you can't do shit (except you are druid)and have to boringly help killing creeps, the only harass are ranged heros against melee.
    This takes so long and nothing happens, maybe with more players some action would happen, but you canÄt get this map full, also because it's like 8 mb and no1 @garena wants to wait that long.
    From mid starts the ganking phase. You have your dmg spells lvl 3-4 and some items for dmg & mana/health. All heros with a stun/knockback/movement attack get so strong now because they can disable/knockback an enemy and also chase better (with movement). With a 2nd hero you can't even run most the time.
    Most melee heros without a movement/ranged spell that doesnt depend on some other attribute and gets multiplied with 0.000002 are garbage now.
    You can't gank, you can't stun7disable, you can't chase.
    You're getting raped in the ass.
    When the enemies killed like 4-5 enemys or just 4-5 more than your team, it's over(unless you got druid because he can gangrape a whole team) because you can take a tower down now with 2-3 creepwaves and in mid let creeps attack the main so easily, that the enemys always have to defend and can't farm gold at towers.

Thats also another thing..the gold for tower attacking is kinda funny, but imbalanced for the team the gets it first. If you can farm long enough at a tower you get much much more gold and better items.

Items...why wouldn't any hero get adelaster first? Chasing/First blood is mostly undoable or kamikaze, so just farm your mana a bit.
    It's really a profit and almost no1 buys it lvl1, buys some other stuff thats mostly useless so early.
    Is there even a recipe for Str-gauntlets lvl 3? Couldn't find any.

Ugh. RoW is a bitch. To be honest, I would wanna play it because of the interesting heros/spells/(items), the automatic killgold and refined game mechanics, but the balance and the control is just horrendous!!!
    Some heros are soo strong and versatile, others are so poor and weak.
    Some Spells just require some aim and attribute-buff, for others you have to read the tooltip 100x times to even get what to do/what the spell does(ofc it does no dmg :troll:) and click 5 times and get a spell thats worse than some straight missiles, like the draenei one....
    Damn man.

The difficulty thing you display at heropick is also totally off.
    The draenai is hard, because you have to control your invisibility??
    I used that once in a while to escape or just to init, the missile does so much dmg and heals you up so much, if the enemy hero would pick up the meat I would kill him in melee combat with my 4 illusions.

Oh and that shielditems that casts healingwave is way too strong. 15% chance? my ass, that thing casts so damn often you can't even get the hero wearing it to 1/2 hp so a nuke would kill him.

5. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What panda? :crazz: The polar bear's Hibernate is a complete disable, but because the trapped units are invulnerable, it seems to work out. Probably could be improved somehow; the regulars were saying they want a way for it to interact with Rollout more. Knockbacks last half a second at most: they're interrupts, but hardly "disables".

Yeah it's a trick shots video. It's difficult to populate inhouses, so most games have a few regulars, a few pubs, no teamwork, and are pretty casual. Hence, I don't have good replays of recent proper games.

Inhouse games see more use of Ivory Ring, Baton, team abilities like Ogake's Mortal Mastery, and heroes like Nadir who suddenly become viable and work wonders. Combos like Psy + Geo, or Hakkar + Maw are awesome with coordinated players. Better players can use the abilities differently too; one of the regulars is known for using Psychic's Barrier very offensively. I wish I could play them more often!

What do other maps do to resolve this issue?

Kukulza is a hero who does this by building momentum off his low(ish) cooldown abilities.

I don't know of anyone else who takes issue with her. Impose an inhouse ban? :croll:

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for taking the time to write up a reply, much appreciated.

Tempest is not considered imbalanced by me or the regulars at the moment (0.62o). Gale has a 60 second cooldown, and he's very squishy.

Outrunner is not considered imbalanced (too strong or too weak) by me or the regulars at the moment (0.62o). Right now, building either a lot of strength (Lothars + Comets) or a lot of agility (Stormstrike) seems to work well: try that. Just use ranged form on the lane early. His abilities (Stampede, Taunt, and Flak) still need work.

0 damage? That sounds like a bug to me. Are you sure you weren't playing against Garry or a shielded Lich?

To open more item build options. Primary attribute already gives you damage, so having other attributes on abilities means you can build in different directions.

Vamp, Emperor, Flisk, and Kukulza (among others) are melee heroes with excellent harass if they use their abilities. Stop buying Adelaster and get Mirror Shield, or at least block so you can survive running up and casting.

This isn't really a problem on B.net. I suppose I could release a lite version without music which would be about 2.5mb smaller if that helps.

If the enemy team lets you hammer their towers without retaliating, they're doing it wrong.

Often, people prefer survivability in the form of block/regen, or like to get an early start on their recipe components. Even boots first is viable on many heroes.

Turtle Shell provides 8 seconds of immunity to troops, it was an item intended to introduce more early game action. Maybe that's worth a shot?

Alas! As we play in different environments, it's not easy for me to judge how you see balance. If you send me replays, it would help with this, because the people I play with can generally handle a good Tempest, etc., so I'm not used to him dominating like you say he does.

If a hero is too hard to control, try one of the easier heroes I guess? I'm open to feedback on any of this stuff.

If you have particular changes you'd like to suggest, please go ahead. Flisk used to be a lot harder I suppose.

Hyperion isn't considered imbalanced at this time to my knowledge.

6. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I strongly advice and demand AI

7. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No plans for it, and too much time/effort required. :cneut:

8. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Find someone for it, please :goblin_cry:

9. jpnzln

jpnzln

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes it might be a good idea to implement AI because some people might not have anyone to play with.

10. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If anyone was looking for a replay of a 'proper' match, here's a good one from tonight's tournament. Enjoy!

11. KuWe

KuWe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I prefer this map over dota any day.

12. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just Like HAvoc

13. Luffy

Luffy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still requesting AI.

14. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Changelog ?

15. asdasdgfrw

asdasdgfrw

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    what is Necrosis?
    I have lost the game because of this permanent debuff

16. crehym

crehym

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sweet. Very nice spells. Too bad I can't play it with friends so all I did was test the spells in single player and also gaze on the terrain. Also nice interfaces.

The only cons I can think of are that some spells are too complicated and it has no AI. Well not a big deal. 4.5/5 for me!

17. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    The updates made it better, but it's still not that enjoyable with all the bugs, missing visuals & feedback and imbalances.

I told you most of them already and you just don't fix them...

• Playercolor for presents or some other indicator for the owner
    • Update Shoptrackables (color) after purchasing 1
    • Closing shop while the hero is dead makes the camera stay at left top corner
    • Alert(Sound + message) when the main is under attack
    • Scale tower durability...In the beginning they are strong as fuck, in mid/end game they go down in 2 secs
    • The shadowdancer custom movement bugs on the last 2 levels. He keeps running circles or against trees/buildings
    • The cryptlord ultimate stays after he died? And it is missing a visual for the enemies. Most players don#t get they can't die next to me (allies and enemies) from different reasons. Allies don#t know what the circle does unless I tell them and enemies don't even see the circle.
    • The armor debuff from the Tauren sometimes stays after it's duration, being on the hero until the real castDuration runs out. This made 1 player have -400 armor and instantly dying.
    • the poison that damages when you move doesn't have a clear visual itself and you don't know that it dmgs when moving unless you read the buff-tooltip..
    • The missile spell from the black archer didnt work anymore after lvl 1
    • The bonus players get when a teammate leaves is WAAAAY too high. We were 3on2 because of a leaver and they were lvl 23 and 25 when we were 16-17, also they had immense amounts of gold and therefore very strong
    • Just so many spells almost have no visual/explanation, like the assasin backstab. Evereyone wonders why his hero behaves so shitty and can't turn anymore, just like the poison.
    • Revivetimes get too high in late game. it just gets boring to wait 2 minutes.
    • I don't get the lightning rods, do they have any other effect than the instant teleport?
    • void masochist don't work for a few versions now, when will you fix them?
    • Killing /denying allied units like creeps/masochist drops coins
    • The list of the required items in a recipe should also state where to find the item
    • 2 heros miss a description in the selection screen
    • disables like 7 seconds silence (?) or the black fog cloud are insanely strong against casters and most the times you don't even know where it's coming from (when the cloud is casted upon u. e.g.)
    • often times, creeps get stuck on the lane because of spell influence.
    • The Moonwell bugs too, sometimes it doesn't really go empty, but doesn't provide any health or mana either.
    • The effect of the infernal machine to consume dmg doesn't have any visual either...just like so many other things.

But really, the list of improvements, bugs and annoyances could go on forever in this map, tho I still enjoy it because of the interesting Heros and items, but the general AoS game play is kinda lacking.
    There is no jungle, very few auras/supporting stuff, no spawn variety and spawns stay insanely strong in normal combat even in mid/end game.
    There isn't a controlled game flow - heros are very weak at the beginning, but as soon as they get some items and lvls they can destroy towers.
    It starts evry slow and boring and only gets interesting later, but then the game ends so fast because there isn't much of a choice other than running through and killing the main building.
    And because the main building is so weak you can't even stop the enemy.
    In almost all games the winning team either just rushed through and attacked the main without noticing or attacked it and couldn't be stopped/killed or all enemies were reviving because of the horrendous respawn times.

Just keep the updates coming please.

18. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Frotty: Thanks for taking the time to draw up that list; I'll start ploughing through it once exams are out of the way. Sadly, I haven't had much time for RoW over the last few months, but it'll get some love over the holidays.

Specific Stuff:

• Most bugs on the list: easy fixes once I find time.
    • Missing visuals: I make them myself and it's time consuming/difficult to come up with appropriate new effects. I agree more could be done here, but in some cases (Poison, Spinelock, Diversion) an effect alone won't be sufficient to convey the mechanic. I'll work on it though!
    • The subsection of the shop in which to find an item isn't listed, as the -i command will either buy it for you or tell you the cost. It would be neat to have it select the item in the marketplace if the marketplace is open though!
    • Leaver gold: 1/3 of the leaver's gold is split between remaining teammates. This isn't intended to rebalance the game so both teams have a 50/50 chance of winning, it's intended to roughly balance out the loss of a player. In your example, it sounds like one team had won anyway.
    • Ogake's ult: I'll try letting Elves see it.
    • Shadowdancer's movement: How do I reproduce the problem?
    • Void Masochists and Moon Wells: I've never had a problem with them? Note that they change colour and can't regain mana while enemy troops are nearby (they can still heal with the mana they have though).
    • Balance: If you have balance concerns feel free to voice them.

General Stuff:
    • Gameplay: This has always been an issue in RoW. I'm at fault for it, but it's difficult to iterate on a design without feedback from players who are a) playing regularly, and b) trying to win. I have reluctantly discarded many features which encourage a metagame because players (myself included) are more interested in throwing spells. There is definitely room for improvement though.
    • Towers & Troops: Towers can go down early if they're pushed. Woodhammer and Foghorn are suitable items for early pushing. Troops have always been dangerous, but I wouldn't mind giving them 50% damage reduction against heroes and seeing how people react. Towers mid/late game, main base life, and revive times are blunt instruments which ensure the game doesn't stalemate; if you have an improvement to offer I'm all ears.
    • Other roles: In 66e+ (on the homepage), there is a new support item, and Flisk's new ultimate is a support ability. The biggest issue for support is the lack of viable item options; resolving this is a big priority of mine.
    • Lightning Rod: Lightning Rod is my calculated attempt at introducing a feature which players might actually incorporate into their gameplay. It doesn't easily lead to snowballing for teams which use it (so it won't ruin pubs), but it does provide a tactical advantage. It is relatively recent, so I don't know how players have reacted to it.

19. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    It's the 2nd time actually, but the last one was more subjective (https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2107565/) - tho many issues me and water addressed remain unfixed/unsolved. Get your ass up!
    Yes, I noticed that most of them are your own and took a look at them too - is there a way to retrieve them from you with description (without ripping them from the map) - they are mostly sweet, but as for the mentioned Spells maybe a help message or textag would be helpful the first few times (if help activated), telling you what the actual effect is.
    Also for stuff like Ogake's ulti, the infernal machine dmg eating and even more the emperor's tax-thingy where the effect isn't visible to the enemies, confusion is aboard.
    Even I myself had to remember the tax circle around emperor when I was wondering about random dmg.
    This adresses also another problem I have with items in RoW.
    As you may know from dota, and other maps, where you can pickup items with full inventory, it's a handy thing to have and especially with the quirky recipes in RoW it is kinda annoying that I have to put down 1 item, then pick the recipe up, because I can't do it with full inventory, then use it, pick the dropped item up again etc.
    It is quite annoying.
    Creating a duplicate for each item as a tome would be alot of work, but in the end it's, in my opinion, worth the effort.
    Also I saw noone ever using the buycommands. Either because they didn't know they exist or they are just not intuitive.
    Feedback about the current status is even more important if you shop:
    I often had the problem that, especially new players, were shopping 1-2 minutes because they had to search around in the whole shop to find the items they need/items that were good for them.
    Maybe you should add some subsections in the recipe category that describe the basic usage or herotype that they are good for.
    Also the banton/baton whatever staff that gives you movespeed when passing is like veeeery limited useable.
    Most players me included have a full inventory most of the time after 5-10 minutes, because you desperately need the bonuses to gain power and therefore rendering the item useless.
    Also it's, again, not intuitive and when I could have needed a pass back I didn't get one.
    Either change this item or make it just an SFX if some1 owns it and throwing an ability. I hate having no ability for an itemspell that can be used in combat or for escaping.
    AND:
    Teamcolor those goddamn presents!!!!

You didn't get it yet?
    Just skill bamboleo to lvl 3/4 and order from fountain to mid or vice versa or try walking through forest with a few clicks - he gets stuck all the time, sometimes at buildings/destructables, sometimes out of random, running in circles.
    When we play the new RoW version and some1 picks it I will show you a replay.
    Well I didn't know void masochist don't work with nearby troops (how should I?) but even without enemies around it's doesn't seem to have an effect.
    I remember from old versions that he did some cast animation and effect and that some hp/mp were replenished, but in the new versions just some hearts spawn when he gets attacked, but nothing more happens.
    Well I don't know them exactly, but some heros ae really strong, especially with just attribute bonus.
    The infernal machine can just get purely naga rings and win most playerbattles or at least getting the kill first because of the damage eating and the strong nuke/lightning dmg.
    Also, heros with knockback are pretty strong. You mentioned that there are no one-click stuns and thats true, but knockback still is very strong.
    Stumpy and the Ice panda disable for a long time AND do alot of dmg with their knockback spell, panda even more with the ice.
    In the leavergame we had, panda's rolling on ice killed me almost 1 hit and because of my low speed (okage) there wasn't much I could do.
    Also hitting me (okage) with the knockback seperated me from my friends, being unable to protect them with my aura.

I don't know who Flisk is, but another spell that seems totally useless to me are the poison bombs from the assasin.
    I rarely got them to actually hit people, and even if it hit them, the effect is rather dull.
    I like the idea of a non-stealth-dispelling ultimate for the assasin, but in the end I never used it AND - this is actually the worse part, always won with her.
    The ultimate which should, in my definition AND since almost all spellbuilds in RoW are designed like that, be a strong improvement on the hero or a great spell, but for this hero it doesn't really matter.
    Same goes with shadowdancer!
    I kinda like the idea of drawing a shape (also the tooltip, like so many others in RoW [srsly dude :D, you do like really complex spells sometimes and the tooltip tells you nothing about how it works] kinda doesn#t tell you really what you have to do), but again, rarely used it and even more rarely got it to do actual damage/effect, because it's not really applicable in a normal fight.
    if you engage alone, people will mostly run away or harass you to death with their spells/ranged attack, if it's a teamfight some1 will probably focus on you, because you are squichy and again, you can't really make use of your ultimate.
    Well an instant teleportation is a very hard getaway chance.
    It would be more cool if it would teleport you to the selected ally hero with a 3 second cast time or something, making it a versatile support item.

Well, good to hear from you and nice to hear that you will spend some more hours working on RoW.
    Me and some mates sort of enjoy it, but it still has alot of flaws which make it hard for new players and being an AoS makes 95% of the people not even wanting to play it.
    This is supported by a very slow start/gameply and overkill spawns that, if focusing you, kill you easily.
    Also long respawntimes make people leave and just bore you.

Consider adding modes too, maybe?

Also, how about you (and your guys) play with us or vice versa?
    I looked for you in the hivechat but you don't seem active there anymore. Got any other contact possibility?

However, have a nice day.

20. Softmints

Softmints

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Frotty: I'm on Xfire and Steam as "Softmints", but Hive PMs are more reliable if you want to arrange something. I'd say I could drum up a few players for a match in the near future if you're interested.

More stuff:
    • Recipe dropping: When you click a recipe in RoW, it scans your inventory for components, then checks if you have enough gold to buy the rest. If you have enough gold and/or components, it completes the item. This is important! If I bought an Ivory Band recipe as part of my starting items, I could then activate the recipe item in-lane once I have enough gold to complete it without a shopping trip. I consider this a healthy strategic option, so I have no intention of adding auto-activating recipes.
    • Baton: Fully agree, it's impractical.
    • Missing hints: When you've coded everything from the ground up, it's easy to forget the new player's perspective. Tooltips are something I often skim over because I want to play a version now or because abilities get changed a few times and the meaning drifts. I'll add error text to a few things like Spinelock and the voidmasos/wells; that should help.
    • Shadowdancer's ult: I like Totentanz' targeting, but not its effect. I don't have a better plan for it yet.
    • Knockback: Yes it's strong, but it's situational and can be dodged. Ogake's ult has to have some counters!
    • Assassin's Toxin Bombs: If you time it right, you can make sure anyone running from you does so poisoned. They're great with a Ribbonmaker or Septic Sceptre. I know most people prefer to focus on her dps though.