1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Lich King

Submitted by Malvodion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Campaign by: Armelior
Uploaded by: Malvodion

Keywords:

rey,king,lich,liche,warcraft,frozen,throne,
Contents

Rise of the Lich King (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. An old but good campaign.
  1. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nice Gameplay! But the grammar....I understand it, but, can I make a version of mine with fixed grammars?

2. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not like the campaign only because the story does not make any sense. The one part of the story face a huge contradict with the original because the Admiral was slayed by the Thrall forces so the Alliance and Horde reached a peace pact. Second ,the core idea is that Lich King control the scourge from the Icecrown Citadel ,his attendance in the Island is out of concern.
    The Lich King's objective is to keep the scourge on balance and not to lead them into assault unless there is no important reason.
    In the end ,"the fall of the Lich" ended up in a ridiculous way. Ner'Zul and Arthas are one ,Ner'Zul cannot appear anymore in the brain of Arthas like it did before. Ner'Zul spirit lives as one heart the power of the Lich cannot diminish but rather than ending up as a dead character.
    Thanks for the effort but not worthy to play it.
    Thanks for understanding :)

3. kinGoFpaiN

kinGoFpaiN

Resources:
    Resources:

..First of all, who said this campaign is connected to the original campaign in any sense...? Secondly, you seem unaware of that some of the highest rated campaigns on this site is in fact self-made story-wise, are you gonna go complain on those as well? That alone is no reason at ALL to dislike this campaign. Also, funny how you only mention the negative, like there's nothing positive and fun about this campaign at all. The terrain was great, the missions were entertaining and they were unique. I mean, how often do you get to defend against humans as Naga? Hell, how often do you even GET to PLAY as the Naga??.. Instead of only seeing the negative (according to you), try to see the positive as well. Hard to take you seriously when you only mention the negative.

4. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh...here you come...
    It is not about defending humans it is about that how Ner'Zhul and Arthas are ONE ! There is no the whisper of Ner'Zhul anymore ,he could have slayed his beloved with one shot without interruption lol
    The assassination of Lich could have been more interesting. The pact would be made by Alliance & Horde not just a fraction of it ;)

5. theorcofdead

theorcofdead

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great campaign, it was one of the best I've ever played I must say, it wasn't too easy and it had some nice jokes once in a while, but at some points it was a little too hard and I wasn't in the mood to spend time and do my best for one small point, and some things were in French, all that I couldn't understand I knew or it didn't matter (for an example in the bonus a skeleton was in French but I can live with that as I know almost all units with full names from the top of my head)

6. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    This game was boring and glitch.

Plus, how could you kill the main character, Illidian.

It was glitch because I wasn't able to upgrade my units or build siege works in certain maps, yet my enemy had fully upgraded troops and siege works.

Other glitches are.... some of the game is easy at points, for example, I destroyed the undead portals before the timer expired...

The map lay out is also a bit bizarre, because in certain places you actually have to search out the natural enemy units... instead of avoiding them I had to find them before I could kill/avoid.

The story line wasn't totally boring, it had a lot of good ideas in there, but how could you end the game the way you did. That totally sucks, the bad guy basically killed himself... that's totally gay

7. Darxy

Darxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    The overall dialogue in the campaign is incredibly bad. The worst part was when Lady Vashj captured Sylvanas and warned Kael to not let her be their ally. She then had a mood swing within seconds which is absurd. Construction of a sentence is bad, grammar is bad. Half of the subtitles / hints are in French. Also, some subtitles in a cinematic are insanely fast and it is not possible to read what character said which ruins the storyline. Terrain ain't bad and gameplay is really good.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  8. shipplier

shipplier

Resources:
    Resources:
    This campaign is actually very impressive 10/10
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  9. Cioco

Cioco

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just finished it. So let's see.
    What disappointed me the most was that it didn't follow up the real story and that the characters were not the same.
    Like... Sylvanas for example. There is no way she would've made team with humans and nagas.
    Another thing is the grammar/spelling errors and too many times I saw french words/sentences. I found like 3/4 bugs, I won't start to explain them because there is no way someone's gonna try to fix/update this old campaign. I saw many guys saying this campaign was difficult, I, for one, can't say that it really was. Only mission 4 and 8 we're a little difficult. I mean, not difficult, just require 1-3 hours of playing to finish them. It took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish the 4th mission, and 1 hour and a little to finish the last one.

Didn't like that much the story either, the end was a *facepalm*.
    Lich King dying because Arthas remembers Jaina? Hell no, please!

Some of the missions, like the first one, had too little texture space for the "crew" to move thru. If you have 2 groups it's kinda impossible to fight using 40% of them. As you can see there are plenty of things I didn't like. But I had fun tho, I really had. Some of the missions were really fun, some not (like the 4th), but that's life.
    And I liked the scene where that random guy comes and picks up the Lich King's armor and sword. And I laughed when the Abomination was hitting that Necromancer and he said "Hey, stop hitting me!" or something like that. XD

I give it 3/5 because I had fun. If there would've been no random french words in the game I would've given it 4.

**EDIT** Oh, and I forgot to say about the dialogues. Were way too fast most of the times!
    ***EDIT 2nd***
    And... what's up with Iron Forge? Why did I play 2 hours beating that mission? After that mission, there was nothing about that. It was too random that shit. Why did they conquer Iron Forge in the first place if they will not use it in the next missions? That reminds me of Gilneas and the Forsaken in WoW. Rofl.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. metinturgut

metinturgut

Resources:
    Resources:
    great campaign

great campaign man really i can see your effort while doing this but don't you think the all mighty lich king's death was a little lame ? I mean he died because he couldn't kill Jaina ? And why arthas was executed ? He is the greatest warcraft character and he's killed by some sea snake, a homeless prince and a ghost ? Campaign was good but storyline and dialogues were not that great and my only advice is that you should work on that.But again it was really great to play my favorite characters again in a different story and i am waiting for a second campaign which continues from the peasant wields frostmourne :D

11. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love it

Just loved it. But the ending was rather funny, when the guy picked up the sword. :grin:

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've played this a very long time ago and it was really nice gameplay experience. The story wasn't impressive but it was better than normal.
    All of Warcraft's fans should try it.

13. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this campaign so much,it's one of the first custom campaigns I played

14. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This

15. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, mine too!

16. EmiX

EmiX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like an alternative campaign based than the died and the fight with the orcs and night elves

17. carlos cadavid

carlos cadavid

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I enjoyed every moments of this campaign, the story and the cinematics are well-made, too. :wink:

Terrain

It was beautifully done, perfectly fits the story.
    Units

Mostly I liked the Lich Kings's abilities, and the other units. I was glad that I could train Naga Royal Guards.

Story
    I liked where the sotry was going and when I had to defeat Anub'arak. The first map was good, too. And the cinematics are nice, the chose of songs was also great.

However, sometimes I see french language in the cinematics, which makes some parts harder to understand, sorry. And I would have enjoyed playing with the Lich King more. Finally, althought I liked the ending, it should have been longer: the defeat of the Lich King should be a bit longer, so you can practice to defeat him and not only see a cinemaitc of it.

But, apart from this, it is a really great campaign, there is lot of work in it, and one of my favourite was when the villager picks up Ner'zhul's helmet at the end. :thumbs_up:
    5/5, of course

19. hassanbob

hassanbob

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think begginers will find this difficult. buf for me it's a great campaign

20. GoodLucifer

GoodLucifer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's better then what Blizzard is doing with universe now. Constant retcons, character derailment (Thrall, for example), etc. Not an excellent campaign, but solidly good.