• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Lich King Reanimated 1.2

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Rise of the Lich King Reanimated

A remake of the Rise of the lich king campaign from ~15 years ago

What is Rise of the lich king ?
(c'n'p from map description)
An alternate story following the Frozen throne campaign. WOW and the Rexxar story never happened and the Lich King is not content to just sit on his cold chair for years. Play as blood elves, nagas, humans and undead.

Patch version : made and tested with 1.27 , it should work on later patches

Overview :​

• 10 playable maps + 4 cutscenes
  • Difficulty : between Blizzard normal and hard overall
  • Playable races : bloodelves, nagas, undead and humans
  • Gameplay : varied like the Frozen Throne campaigns, with some inspiration from Starcraft 2

Why would you want to play this campaign ?​

• Gameplay-wise each map has a twist
    → for example : a holdout mission but it's a naval mission or a whole city, or a squad mission with a stealth phase + 3 maps have scripted boss battles

• Expanded tech-tree for each playable race + the dwarven race as an enemy
    → at least 1 new playable unit on each map, and most new units are introduced on a map where they are particularly useful (like in Starcraft 2 campaign)

• Maps with different tilesets (and different weather conditions/atmosphere)
    → from the ice of Northrend to the jungles and city of Theramore, but also the ruins of Lordaeron, mountains of Khaz Modan and desert of Barrens

• Rewarding exploration : side quests, creep camps and items to find + One special hidden Easter egg on each playable map

• No padding in the cleanup of enemy bases : you can destroy every enemy unit and building if that's what you like, but the objective is usually a particular building or at worst stopping the production capabilities of the enemies (there is one exception but it's not exactly a traditional base)

• Quality-of-life features : all cutscenes are skippable (duh), all units are paused when the camera shows you something, creeps buildings are either auto-attacked or non attackable, crates that can contain items are a different color than those that are just scenery, rocks chunks all die when you destroy one, etc.

• All custom music : for cutscenes and gameplay, with different tracks for some maps (holdout missions for example) for better immersion : 36 tracks total

• Tons of custom resources mostly from this site for units, icons, spells, and doodads for better terraining + a few sounds for atmosphere : almost 500 files total

• An alternative storyline that gives character arcs or at least some personality to all main heroes – but keep in mind Blizzard didn't do much with some of them like Vashj so your interpretation of them could be different from mine– it IS a fanfiction in campaign form after all

• Terraining is at least at Blizzard campaigns level

• Cutscenes are not just people talking : camera work and details like units moving in the background should make even simple conversations feel dynamic + more than a few battles/spells etc.

• It should be a very polished experience (barring unexpected bugs)

Characters​

full

Prince Kael'Thas Sunstrider

Now that his master has been defeated and this source of magic lost, the situation of the bloodelves seems more desperate than ever. With the undead coming after him, he will soon have to decide between avenging the fallen and saving the survivors...
full

Lady Vashj

Still as cold-blooded and power-hungry as ever, the leader of the nagas still hates the nightelves but has found an even stronger hatred for Arthas after he killed Illidan. The Lich King is now her primary target for revenge, but the nagas alone can't hope to defeat the Scourge...

full

Sylvanas Windrunner

Unaware of the new situation in Northrend, the banshee managed to conquer almost all of Lordaeron. The Forsaken have won each battle against the forces of Kel'Thuzad, and now it's time to slay the favorite servant of the hatred Arthas and become the Queen of his former kingdom.

full
Varimathras

Still the cowardly and scheming demon we all know and love hate, he is happy to serve Sylvanas until an opportunity to overthrow her presents itself. But he's eager to finish the conquest of Lordaeron because fighting only undead enemies gets old after a while...

full

Kel'Thuzad

The loyal lich which stayed in Lordaeron to hold the kingdom for Arthas is in a tricky situation as Sylvanas is a much better tactician than him. But even as he's about to lose his last stronghold, he's not too worried, as he trusts his master the Lich King will save him or, in the worst case scenario, will raise him again.
full

The Lich King

After the fusion between the mortal Arthas and the entity that was once called Ner'zhul, the new Lich King has retained most of the death knight's personality. However, with each passing day his perspective is expanding more beyond individual concerns. He now wants to unify all of Azeroth under the undead banner of the Scourge to prepare for the inevitable return of the Legion.

full

Jaina Proudmoore

After organizing the exodus of the survivors from the human kingdoms with the help of the fleet of her father, the young sorceress has become the leader of the new nation founded on Theramore. The small island colony has become a real city in record time, thanks to the magic of the surviving mages all working together.

full

Admiral Daelin Proudmoore

Jaina's father is a grizzled soldier from the Second war, but he didn't fight directly in the recent battles against the Scourge and the Legion that much, as he was tasked to protect the civilians and bombard the coastal bases of the enemy from the sea. He trusts the dwarves and elves of the old alliance, but is still wary of the new allies his daughter found, especially the orcs.

full

Danzil Rainweaver

This old archmage from the Kirin Tor was lucky enough to be outside Dalaran when Archimonde attacked the city. He is now technically the senior archmage and could order Jaina if the old hierarchy still existed, and more importantly, if he cared. But fortunately this good-natured but odd character prefers to leave those responsibilities to “people-persons”.

Video

Changelog

Credits

Known bugs/limitations

2022/23 playthrough by Jayborino (version 1.1) :

[2022-06-26] version 1.0 release
[2022-07-21] version 1.01 release
[2022-08-07] version 1.02 release
[2022-11-28] version 1.1 release
[2023-05-07] version 1.2 release (post-jayborino showcase, thanks again !)
-minor translation fixes
-minor fixes on unit descriptions
-changed a few dialogs in cutscenes
-players can now choose all heroes abilities on the 1st map they appear (1,2,4)
-fixed some cutscenes when the preparation was briefly visible in-game before the cutscene starts
-destructibles that can contain items now appear in a different color
-changed one Easter egg so it's more visible
-added a hero glow on vashj & varimathras
-fixed possessed units still receiving orders from former AI owner
-in the prologue the cutscene won't wait for some undead units to dispel anymore
-in map1 fixed the tuskarr quest in case you complete the objective before meeting them
-in map1 the enemy hero shouldn't pick up items anymore
-in map2 the Scourge won't attack the bandits if they're not already dead anymore
-in map4 fixed the portal stone not dropping from the gnoll
-the basilisk acidic attack ability now has a passive icon
-fixed the ending of map5 if you destroy the undead buildings instead of holding until the counter ends (speedrun)
-Monsoon now has a unique icon
-in map7 fixed the (living) eredar in the fel orc base
-in map7 killing a fel hound now makes its indicator disappear
-rephrased the tip for map8, hopefully it's clearer now
-in map8 the ambushes can't happen anymore if you already destroyed the portal of the undead faction
-in map8 fixed the transition between the 2nd portal destroyed and ending cutscenes
-fixed the bug with fire shield taking all mana of upgraded spellcasters on which it is cast (worldedit works in mysterious ways...)
-in map1 fixed the animation bug on spiderwebs after death
-in map1 prevented dialogs between the heroes to interfere with side quests cutscenes
-reset health&mana to max for squad sections following base sections (map2&4)
-in map4 fixed some places where units could go on lava
-nerfed basilisk a little bit (damage, armor and health reduced, more expensive)
-in map6 put Kelthuzad's portal a bit farther from the enemy base
-in map6 fixed cemetary side quest not existing if you do it without the shade discovering it first
-in map6 fixed some groups of palmtrees looking unnatural
-in map7 removed quilboar prisoners which gave wrong expectations to players
-in map8 made buyable books more expensive and longer to restock
-in map9 the teleport staff doesn't work on allies anymore so you can't use it to go beyond barricades
-in map9 reduced the probability of seeing the allies idle before you approach them
-in map10 fixed hotkeys for jaina and malfurion new abilities
-in map10 you now lose if you let the admiral die while he's recuperating in the base
-in map10 gave hero ghosts a few more levels and health
-changed the loading screen : Arthas now appears as the Lich King
-gutface is now properly dead after his death cutscene even if the player skips the cinematic before he dies on screen
-the admiral should now stay in the base after his injury until he joins you in the last boss fight
-the enemy and allies spawn waves shouldn't interfere during the cutscenes anymore
-changed 3 unit icons for better versions
-fixed and changed some text : dialogues, tooltips etc.
-buffed the eredar's tentacles by giving them the damage & armor upgrades like the skeletons
-the eredar's finger of pain no longer works on your own units
-in map1 the ambush now gives a tome
-in map1 fixed the animation bug on more spiderwebs after death
-in map1 fixed the ending cutscene firing multiple times if you buy multiple ships
-in map2 rock chunks at the base of sylvanas's base are now invulnerable before the scourge destroys it
-in map2 fixed the siege quest not firing after you've eliminated the traitors in the base if you use possession on the last one
-in map3 all "atmosphere" creeps are now invulnerable
-in map3 the cycloned units don't block your way anymore so the hydra part should be easier
-in map4 changed the color of the AoE indicator of the boss so it's hopefully easier to see + changed the voice line
-in map4 removed the enemy sheep in the pass :D
-in map6 the player shouldn't be able to sequence break the kelthuzad part by attacking buildings across the bridge before finishing the 1st part anymore
-in map6 fixed the bug where some player units stayed hidden and were unavailable after the 2nd kelthuzad cutscene
-in map7 fixed the possible exploit with centaurs not moving when the player goes in their village, now they're gonna make you regret it
-in map7 removed some cacti doodads that could be confusing with the message about water
-in map7 changed the fel orc dialogue about mannoroth so it makes more sense
-in map9 made the city center visible to hopefully give a better idea of the layout of the map at the start
-in map9 decreased the blue fog a bit for better readability
-in map10 fixed the druids of the claw still looking elven in bear form
-in map10 the terrorizing howl of Sapphiron should be more effective
-in map10 changed the hotkey to Z for all new hero abilities

First thanks to CosmicBard for the constructive criticism on the ongoing project,
to Warseeker for the campaign loading screen
and to Jayborino for showcasing the campaign on his channel

• I made the cutscenes for 16/9 (I use the widescreen mode) so the framing may be wonky if you play in 4/3

• Reloading can change the custom music playlist (in sieges maps for example)

• some custom models lack buff attachements or have other small bugs

• in map3 the saving/loading/exiting can lag

• if you use the mana recharge ability with more than one Lightbearer, they all use it, like it worked in starcraft 1

• in map 5 the runes of mana/health are randomly dropped when some enemy ships die but the game spawn items only on ground so some might spawn in unreachable islands

Contents

Rise of the Lich King Reanimated 1.2 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Overall, a lovely remaster, well, more than a remaster actually, part remaster, part remake. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S...
Level 3
Yes I love this model, I got it on this very site but it's not here anymore. It was ported from WOW by FeelsGoodMan. No idea why it's been taken down along with the Lich King model I used, so ask him if you want the model (or if I can give it to you if it comes to that)
Yes please give it to me, he doesn't respond:(

Level 4
I played this since I was around 12 or 13 lol xD I'm now 22. Damn, the nostalgia. Very Impressive remake, with astonishing models and gameplay. But the storyline could be improved a little bit. I really love Arthas, I hope you'll make another custom campaign playing as Arthas DK/ LK. Thank you for this wonderful campaign. I'm absolutely looking forward to your next campaign, hopefully you will make them lmao xD

Level 23
Some notes I wrote down

Interlude
Nice environment affects, the wind sound at the start really showed how cold it is in Northrend.
Great to have humour between Vash and Kael--- its real dialogue, not stilted.
I remember your old version just had Arthas fighting 2 naga royal guards. This one felt more like a battle with lots of units fighting him. It was great.

Ch1
"the usual, make base kill another + sidequest" really is a bit casual for a map description, but I guess it cant be seen when playing a campaign in the normal custom campaign menu so its fine.
Kael actually talking to Vash about things not related to the mission- like asking her about naga craving for magic- is great dialogue, and made me a lot more interested in the story.
Nerubian poisoners are hard to click on or select when attacking or using spells on them- their hit box is quite small i think.
As the 4 ships leave in the end, there are 3 gargoyles who just stay flying watching them leave, without trying to destroy the ships.

Ch2
I love how arthas causes the ground to become snow wherever he walks.
The base defense part of this mission was pretty neat.
How does the LK know Sylvanas will likely go to Kalimdor? Sylvanas has no friends or allies there.

Ch3
The Hydra minigame was fantastic, it really forced me to think about how to beat it. 🙂
This is a pretty cool short type mission.
Seeing the radius of the ships' detection circles was very creative.

Ch4
The ironforge mission is so much better with the new portals, dont need to navigate around narrow paths to push into their base.
The ending boss fight is a great addition. It was actually quite tough, I am not sure if our heroes dying there would be a mission fail.
Did I hear spellforce 1 music at the end after Magni died? 🙂

Will keep playing later.

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3.

Ann

Ann

Level 3
Wew, that Reanimated or Remake compared to the original one, has much more content and much more enjoyable. Especially there is a mechanic that makes you choose a unit for a certain number, which is new to me and I like that.
Still remember the original ending was an ignorance curious about the Lich King Crown on the ground and I think he is going to wear it, leaving us to imagine the aftermath. Now, The Lich King is dead, I begin to wonder what happened to Varimathras now.
Actually, Lich King boss fight was supposed to be hard but it didn't meet my expectation to me. Heroes and super many units just overwhelm him like nothing. If only you could keep this choose unit to accompany system when entering this boss fight. Also, I found it strange when Abomination is last standing with Lich King. Lich King should have the ability to summon more or convert units.
And actually, I might be stupid to ask, but I thought of the idea is when 4 heroes attacked the Lich King at certain health, he suddenly burst out, making everyone injured, and at that moment, Admiral Daelin Proudmoore catches up. Malfurion attempts to use Tranquility to heal others injured, during that time, Admiral has to 1v1 against The Lich King and his Taunt will be useful here because it can prevent Lich King from trying to attack Malfurion. I kinda wish Admiral vs Lich King idea can be kept, and maybe recreate like this.
Anyway, I'm still looking forward to your next custom campaign. I'm playing with version 1.31. So something needs to take note of. For chapter 1, do not pick anything before you take an optional mission. More insurance, better don't load the game, just clear this chapter straight away.

Level 13
....I'm playing with version 1.31. So something needs to take note of. For chapter 1, do not pick anything before you take an optional mission. More insurance, better don't load the game, just clear this chapter straight away.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 09-18-54 Rise of the Lich King Reanimated 1.01.png

If you don't know where to download it, click on the picture below and read

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 26
So....
I was played this campaign in the Demo stage 2 times, and after offical release two times. This is my second playtrough after release. It's a very good, enjoyable campaign! I like every moment during playing! But sadly, as in apple tree, there are the good ones, and there are the bad ones: the BUGS!
I experienced a visual and a game breaking bug - it's easy to solve by the player, but it's the irritating one.
Let me begin the bug fest!

WC3ScrnShot_112722_201414_2.png

Chapter 7 Mana fountain.

WC3ScrnShot_112822_011259_01.png

Last chapter (not the secret one). During the chapter, the player meets with a very big Giant of Abomination. A flesh golem on certain chemicals. If the player skips the cinematic (during they kill the Giant again, after you killed and before this cinematic), the giant is resurrected and you need to kill it again. If the player not skip the cinematic, than the other thing can happened: the player controlled heroes (they are important for the mission, if they die, you failed the chapter) can be killed by enemy units during the cinematic, because the waves are not stopping. They are coming!

I hope I can defeat this mini boss without any headache now, and thank you very much guys for the campaign! Hopefully I can make it to the end!

Update:

After cinematic, the player looses control over Admiral Proudmoore, and he is replaced by Furion. After cinematic during the fight against the various sources of Undead, the A.I controlled Admiral is stopped somehow, and doesn't want to fight against the waves. The other non-hero A.I controlled units from the Alliance are fine. They are fighting alongside with the player, against the undead, but Admiral Proudmoore are not.

Last edited:
Level 20
First, thanks for the feedback ! :thumbs_up:

-chapter7 oasis : you mean the camera angle ? After the dialog about the mountain, the camera is supposed to go back to the normal view, I don't remember what happens if you try to change it yourself, is that what happened to you ? Anyway you only need to use the mouse wheel to get back to normal

-chapter10 giant abo : I'm not sure what you're saying, but I guess you skipped the boss death scene before it got killed on screen and I forgot to make sure it's dead if you skip early... I'll check / and about the enemy waves they should be paused during all cutscenes, I'll have to check that too

-chapter10 admiral post-abo : after the cutscene he's automatically teleported to the base camp where he gets healed - I made him inactive there so he doesn't wander off if enemies come close, but if you let the undead come near him at this stage of the map you're doing something very wrong :smile: and you have to also defend the buildings in any case

Level 26
First, thanks for the feedback ! :thumbs_up:

-chapter7 oasis : you mean the camera angle ? After the dialog about the mountain, the camera is supposed to go back to the normal view, I don't remember what happens if you try to change it yourself, is that what happened to you ? Anyway you only need to use the mouse wheel to get back to normal

-chapter10 giant abo : I'm not sure what you're saying, but I guess you skipped the boss death scene before it got killed on screen and I forgot to make sure it's dead if you skip early... I'll check / and about the enemy waves they should be paused during all cutscenes, I'll have to check that too

-chapter10 admiral post-abo : after the cutscene he's automatically teleported to the base camp where he gets healed - I made him inactive there so he doesn't wander off if enemies come close, but if you let the undead come near him at this stage of the map you're doing something very wrong :smile: and you have to also defend the buildings in any case
Chapter 7 Mana fountain: I don't changed the camera angle or something with commands or without commands. I Only zoomed in, and with PageUp or Down changed the angle, to see better this bug. This is vanilla as it can be, I only use RenderEdge widescreen fix for widescreen, but that doesn't do
anything with this bug. The Mana fountain - from my perspective / point of view - is wrongly positioned, that's why it's fixed in the air.
The screenshot is made after I finally escape from the Centaurs, and after I defeated the Quillboards/Razormane enemies in the Mana Fountain.
I also discovered in the Fel Orc Base that, there is a few green skinned orcs (normal orcs, they are not red skinned like the Fel ones). It's not a problem, since story wise the Fel Orcs loosing their "gift" from their master.

Chapter 10 Admiral Proudmoore Post-Abo: He stayed back but after a while he was wandered forward to the second skeleton crypt spawn (which was deactivated). He was did nothing until I met with the Lich King....

It was not an easy chapter, and was a fantastic end-game, but If my memory is correct: if the player finds all the easter eggs, than a secret chapter is going to be available. The secret chapter is deactivated or was never existed in your campaign?

Last edited:
Level 20
The fountain is floating above ground ? :eekani:I didn't realize that was what you were talking about, I've never seen that bug on my version

The admiral shouldn't move at all until he joins you for the last boss, maybe I forgot to pause him again after a cutscene or something.

Finding all the easter eggs gives you a couple items, there is no secret level. In the old version there were 2 last maps (the ending + a credit cutscene map) that were unlocked when you won the campaign, but no secret level.

Last edited:
Level 26
I posted the 1.1 version, with a new campaign loading screen + a few bug fixes in map 10.
Very good, I'm a bit shocked how fast are you responded, and fixed some bugs after report. Please delete this posting of yours, and put this text to your previous post here. Double posting are not welcomed on the site. I'm no one to judge, but I don't want to see someone as you meet the ban hammer of HiveWorkshop, or making the site admins and moderators life harder.

Level 6
It seems that I am not able to launch Chapter/Mission 10. It keeps routing me back to the chapter levels screen. I'm on version 1.27 btw. If it's a version problem can anyone send me a link for 1.28?

Level 26
It seems that I am not able to launch Chapter/Mission 10. It keeps routing me back to the chapter levels screen. I'm on version 1.27 btw. If it's a version problem can anyone send me a link for 1.28?
Let me guess, Windows 11 is your operating system? I just asking, because that did many troubles with WC3 and campaigns on my PC...

Level 6
1.27 is the version I made/tested the campaign on.
If it's a windows problem I don't know, I'm still on windows 7 (I'm a weirdo I know) but I only had 1 person talking about this same problem before and I suppose most people who played must be on windows 10 like you so...
So I guess it's also possible that it may not be because of Windows then? Hmm, this really sucks because I really wanted to play this so much! Your Original work of this way back then was very good, and being able to see it getting remade is very emotional for me. Lots of nostalgic stuff awakened in my mind. I guess you could say Warcraft 3 as a whole had a very huge impact on my early life, especially custom campaigns. But alas, some things are just the way they are I guess. I enjoyed it though! I wish you luck in your next project if ever you decide to make another one, if not, then I'd like to thank you for being one of those who created fantastic adventures.

Level 20
That's really nice of you to say. :cute:
I'm bummed out because I think the last map is one of the most fun, as a climax should be (and the map that took me the longest to make but that's not really a factor for players). I don't understand why this would be the only one that doesn't work. :confused:2

Maybe I could give you a version without the imports to test (it's only 4 music tracks and a skin but who knows) ? If it's not the source of the problem, I'm stuck.

Level 13
It seems that I am not able to launch Chapter/Mission 10. It keeps routing me back to the chapter levels screen. I'm on version 1.27 btw.

Possible solutions: re download campaign, reinstall Wc3, prepatch 1.27 again, clean up windows unnecessary files and registries, clean up your Wc3 profile folder from unnecessary saved games.

Level 6
Possible solutions: re download campaign, reinstall Wc3, prepatch 1.27 again, clean up windows unnecessary files and registries, clean up your Wc3 profile folder from unnecessary saved games.
Just tried redownloading the game and it still didn't work, unfortunately. I'm gonna try and reinstall war3 but does that mean that my progress for this campaign will be lost? Also, an off-topic question, but do you know where I can download other versions of the game? I only have 1.27 at the moment and I can't really play any other custom campaign, due to the reason that the other campaigns require 1.28 and up.

Level 6
Yes. I will suggest you to read a complete guide not only to fix the most common errors in Wc3 but also where to download other versions of the game. Just click on the picture below. You will find everything you need + links there.

There are no game installers for 1.28 and up, and the same goes for the patches. There are, however, versions for them in "Game files". What should I do with the game files? I am terribly sorry for the number of questions in regard to the matter. I have really no idea what to do.

Level 12
Just finished playing this campaign, it is a great remake/remaster with tons of new things, had lots of fun playing it!

The only negative i can say is that the new models/skins for the heroes don't look good, best example of this would be Kael, he looks like an 80 year old man when in fact he should look young and beautiful since he is an immortal High Elf Prince you know, same can be said about all the other heroes, I will give you that the models for Sindragosa and the Lich King look "good", while the Lich king model does somewhat still look like is from the same universe of War3, the Sindragosa model looks waaay to CGI/sophisticated and it looks like it doesn't belong at all to the War3 universe.

Now you can say this is mostly subjective, how the heroes/units look, but in my opinion is not, since the base core of this game, of War3, has a certain style of how the world looks, and how the units look, and if you drastically change that fact, then sadly the game loses some of its charm, it sure did for me, dispite the fact this custom campaign is really well done with beautiful maps, story, gameplay, quests, boss fights, the fact that the skins of some units and most of the heroes look so damn out of place and ugly, is just sad, kinda ruined the mood. :sad:

I have seen this trend with lots of map makers, not only for custom campaigns, where they implement these new HD models and replace the old ones trying to "Improve" the maps, somehow? as if that improves the maps in any way, is mostly a cop-out, is a way for some map makers to show to the public and to themselves how good their maps are, with these new HD models, but in fact is the opposite, very rarely those HD new models work, and in the other 99% of the cases they don't and only make the maps look uglier.

Is pretty much what reforged did to war3 with the new graphics, you can't just replace the old models with new HD models that look totally different and out of place, War3 is War3 because of how it looks, and when you change that you made the game worse, that's just a fact.

People don't play Warcraft 3 custom maps to see WOW models and HD models from other games that are out of place, people play War3 custom maps to experience the War3 vibes and style of the game, of the units, of the world! This style is an unique one and it shouldn't be changed/ruined.

Sorry for rambling so much about this one aspect, but i think it matters a lot, games having their own unique style and maintaining that, playing with that said style, instead of replacing it!

There are milions of Classic War3 skins and models on this site that maintain the classic war3 style, so i don't understand why people choose the HD models from other games that look out of place to implement in their maps instead of those ones...

Anyway, i didn't encounter any bugs while playing this custom campaign, i played on version 1.29 of War3

- I really liked most of it like i said, also the music was really good, i really liked that.

This is one aspect of the game that can be replaced, the music, since it doesn't take away from the original style of the game, and the music you chose fits well with the game, not taking away from it, but working with it, improving the atmosphere of the game!

- I also liked how each map had a secret to be found.

- Like other people pointed out, i wish we were able to play more with the Lich King himself, having just that 1 tiny map to play with him wasn't enough.

- My favorite mission from the whole campaign was the last one "The forgotten fortress" i have a soft spot for these kind of maps where you only need to control your heroes and you fight this long war with your allied units versus the enemy units getting deeper and deeper into the enemy teritory and winning checkpoints.

Like that one mission from the original Campaign where we have to save Illidan (in the cage) from Maiev playing with kael and Vash (and the Panda hero), these type of missions are my favorite, and i really enjoyed playing this type of mission in this custom campaign.

I liked how Sylvanas was controlled by the Lich King at first and was fighting against us.

I also liked the fight against that Undead meat king boss, that is a good example of a skin/model that works well with the war3 style.

The fight against Sindragosa was kinda weak tho, it didn't feel like she was doing much of anything, most of the times flying and being invulnerable.

The Fight against the Lich King was much better, i really liked that moment where the Lich King releases the souls of powerful slain heroes to fight us and Uther's soul was having none of that and went to attack him instead!:gg:

My rating for this Custom campaign is an A tier with 89 points out of 100

Level 29
There are no game installers for 1.28 and up, and the same goes for the patches. There are, however, versions for them in "Game files". What should I do with the game files? I am terribly sorry for the number of questions in regard to the matter. I have really no idea what to do.
To be fair, all versions from 1.28 to 1.31 that you got it from this thread are actually the pre-installed one, meaning you don't actually have to install the game from the installer because Blizzard had killed the option to install Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne from the official installer no matter the versions you are currently downloaded. Just extract the content and then run the game using "Warcraft III.exe" (be sure to enter the CD-keys first). Optionally, you can delete the Launcher if you don't want the game to be auto-updated to Reforged.

Level 29
You can save your campaign progress by copying the profile folder of the relevant Wc3 version somewhere else before starting the "fix". Once you're done, copy it back to the game directory.

For old Wc3 versions to 1.27 search in for example Program Files\Warcraft III\Save\Profile1 ( this is your profile folder which contains the progress in the campaigns you are playing as well as the saved games ). Just copy that folder Profile 1 somewhere else and when you're done with the "fix" copy it back to the same location.

For new Wc3 versions from 1.28 to 1.31 search in C:\Users\Your User Name\Saved Games\Warcraft III\Profile1

If you have created more than one profile, they will be marked as profile 1, profile 2, etc. Copy them to another place and after the "fix" put them back.
I just confirmed that 1.28 had an old path format for the "User Game Saved Folder". It uses a proper slashes rather than a backslashes. This might result in "Create New Profile" notification once you restarted the game. You can solve this bug by running this fix.
Nonetheless, just place the "w3z" files into an appropriate folders and you can now continue your progress.

Level 20

@Blasterixx :​

Thanks a lot for the kind words and feedback.
About the HD models, I know most players don't care about cutscenes but I do, and the old models are really rough in closeups, so I changed the heroes and a couple of other units (footmen, red dragon). The new models also have some unique animations I used. I personally don't like the Reforged style and feel it's not warcraft anymore, but the WOW models still look like something from a Samwise artwork to me.

I don't have strong feelings about The Kael model, so if you know another model I could use feel free to suggest one, I used what I could find. The current Kelthuzad one is not the one on the loading image I started with for example.

If you liked the last map, I will soon release a solo map called Zombie Hordemaster that is also "control 1 hero with AI allies to cross a map".

@Jayred0320 :​

The game cache is saved in a file called "lich king reanimated.w3p". Maybe keep a save of the end of map9 in case the buttons are hidden again also.

Last edited:
Level 4
Indeed, high quality mark is appropriate. I have played the original and the new one. The original one has its own "magic". There is no way than 5/5 although there are some minor issues.
Some models in the new version aren't pleasant .... for example Jainas portrait. Naga RG is really missing in the first mission 🙁 . Ironforge mission was and still is hard. The original version was sometimes a bit naive ... Daelin was too nice 😃

Level 26
New update : mostly fixes of rare but important bugs (map 2&6), some translation fixes, a bit of rebalancing (eredars, some bosses) and 3 unit icons updated for more fitting versions + lots of small stuff
The Mana fountain on the desert ( Rainweaver Mission), after the Centaur section is not fixed yet. Not a big deal, only a visual bug. Thank you for the update, I doing my second run. So far, so good. Little changes, better experience.

Level 4
Just a headsup

The orcs and dwarves have a techtree you can steal with the Scepter of Mastery on Chapter 4

The orc has an item called Great Town Hall which allows you to build an army on the final chapter

Screenshot (1258).png

And it does tell me one thing: The Lich King should fear the Pegasus Riders

Level 20
The fact that you can make orcs and dwarves units in chapter 4 is intentional. I didn't thought about the town hall item, but if you're willing to jump through all the hoops to make a base in last chapter go ahead :gg:
That's like the time when someone said that you can end chapter 8 quickly by using an invisible unit and teleport a bunch of siege units on top of the enemy portals, that's fine by me.