Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Rise of the Horde

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Hardtime, Oct 9, 2014.

1. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks so fucking amazing man. I love the idea behind the project.

Question: You have a lot of really amazing models presented. Are those unreleased? I'm currently working on a WoD campaign and I was wondering if your project would be open to the public after it's released?

2. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, most of the models we're using are unreleased but at least half of them is on the Hive. Im sorry to say but the models WONT be released publicly. The project itself would be protected. It's not a matter of being selfish and all, but when we give out our models we actually want to see them being used. Most people ask for them because they have an "important project at home" but we'd prefer seeing them in action. I guess, it's up to our modelers to release them. Most models were made and edited by Hayate with a few edited by Wolffman and yours truly. Some came from Sellenisko, Hawkwing, Cavman, Deolrin, JokeMaster, Tauer, chr2, and many many more sources.

3. BLazeKraze

BLazeKraze

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I like this one, I hope this project will become success.. Because I saw many abandoned map project thread here . They started to post a thread then after a month of working , they will abandoned it. Good Luck ... :thumbs_up:

4. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Been working for 6 months now :p don't think that'll happen soon, nope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT MAGGOTS. I'VE GOT AN UPDATE FOR YOU. THE FIRST CHAPTER IS CALLED BEYOND BORDERS. IT IS AT LEAST 30%-40% FINISHED NOW WITH JUST 2 DAYS OF WORK. I THINK I'LL BE ABLE TO FINISH THE CHAPTER BY MONDAY. HERE'S SOME PROOF OF MY EFFORTS:

WARNING: VERY LARGE IMAGES

Loading Screen: Beyond Borders

[​IMG]

Thrall's Introduction of the Story

[​IMG]

The Original Horde's Birth

[​IMG]

Durotan and Orgrim's First Meeting

[​IMG]

Rise of the Horde - Gameplay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look There!

[​IMG]

A Very Boring Conversation

[​IMG]

The Very First Challenge

[​IMG]

A Brighter Future

[​IMG]

PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES.

EDIT:
    BTW, SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED THE MAIN PAGE GUYS XD VERY LAZY TO DO SO SINCE BBCODES ARE
    A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS AND I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT PHASE AGAIN :p JUST PLEASE CHECK OUT
    THE FOLLOWING PAGES FOR FURTHER UPDATES. I'LL UPDATE IT WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT I GUESS, SO JUST BE
    PATIENT. VERY PATIENT IF YOU ASK ME XD

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Mah god, Epic stuff

6. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems I came back at an epic time! :D Good job you guys!

7. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, this wouldn't have been possible without your epic modeling skills :)

Well I hope you stay this time :p and by stay, I mean stay until this thing is done ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT MAGGOTS. I'VE GOT SOME NEW PICTURES FOR YOU.

Racing off into Terokkar

[​IMG]

You Woke Up the Ogre

[​IMG]

Run!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW. STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    little > puny.

Anyway, the progress is pretty fast :eek:

9. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Terrain looks good and imported models seem to be implemented well. You add a lot of custom content created with the object editor; that seems good, I just hope you don't overburden yourself.

I always like it when the main focus of a campaign is on interesting missions; You seem to have that covered: I like the idea of controlling two children and avoiding confrontation.

I don't like that the intro cinematic will take around 10 to 11 minutes. Unless it is REALLY WELL made I would just keep asking when I can finally start playing. I would trim it down to about 4-5 minutes; probably by removing as many narrator texts as possible.

The loading screen should be better and it's way too clear that it's just unconnected images from different art styles. If you have something like Photoshop you could try the masks or alpha stuff. Not that good myself but I did manage to create this a couple of days ago: http://imgur.com/YmCvGwp

The book is actually my favorite WC book and I have been looking at this thread every now and then. If I had made it would probably not have as much custom stuff, but then again I'm not really in touch with the WC fan base any more (meaning I don't know what's expected of campaigns nowadays). Overall I think the campaign is in good hands.

edit: gave the loading screen a try with a night elf (could not find proper trees quickly) and an roth title: http://imgur.com/hsAHpTm

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  10. Crixis48

Crixis48

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cant wait for it i look all the days for updates! good luck

11. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your review is very much appreciated man. You were my inspiration in making this. I wanted to be like the next generation you heh. This campaign uses 80% custom models and skins for the overall project.

I already developed ideas with Wolffman about the missions even before we started triggering. We didn't want the typical build units and destroy an enemy base kind of gameplay so we improvised a few quests and explored more options.

The intro cinematic is made with 100% of my efforts. Im just not that good with special effects but I think what I've come up with should suffice. It's actually my style of campaign making to rely on the narrator to express the story fully so the player can easily understand what's going on.

And about the loading screens... yeah those were made by yours truly and sadly Im not really good at making loading screens. I intended to put the icon of the race you're about to play as just like the ones from the original campaigns made by Blizzard. Then I just added a picture of a scene that was about to happen. I didn't really put much effort into it. That was like 5 minutes of work and Im not really good at making these kinds of things.

Anyway thanks so much for the review :) Really appreciate the suggestions. I'll try to trimdown the cinematic and maybe ask someone to make better loading screens for the rest of the campaign.

Well thanks :) I'll try to update this as much as possible :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT, I'VE GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU GUYS TODAY.
    I UPDATED THE CAMPAIGN SCREEN AND THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

Campaign Screen

[​IMG]

PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

12. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That's Amazing, How you get this? Or who made this?

13. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wow...Just wow. anyways that green baby orc in the meeting looks cute :)

14. OutsiderXE

OutsiderXE

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you like the style of my loading screens Ask me in about 3 months from now. maybe i'll have time to make them.

15. youness

youness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good progress.
    But I have a question, why did you give orgrim the hammer in the first place.

16. Unknown

Unknown

Resources:
    Resources:
    That loading screen is amaizing!!!
    If I understand well, first mission is about Durotan and Ogrim. Sounds interesting :D

17. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Excellent progress, good sir.

If there is anything that needs fiddling with the map, send a runner through a series of strange mazes filled with naga to me.

:grin::fp: [RotH]

18. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    A friendly umm... friend (xD) donated it :) not from the Hive though

Wow? Thanks :) lol worked hard on it. The Orc baby was just a reskin of the one here on the Hive.

Hmm... I'll think about it. Your loading screens are actually very impressive I have to admit.

I gave Orgrim a "simplified" version of the Doomhammer as a kid. When he was young, he really loved bragging about that weapon and it was someday destined to be his own. As described in the book, Orgrim always carried a handmade simplified replica of the famed weapon.

5 minutes of work isn't all that amazing really but thanks xD Well duh :p the entire book is about Durotan and Orgrim -.- you gotta be kidding me xD

We're almost moving to the next map. Expect something next week or the week after that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This campaign will rely HEAVILY, and I mean REALLY HEAVILY on cinematics. There'll be a lot of cinematics in the first few maps since I'll be RPG-ish but as the campaign progress, it'll start becoming more like the original WC3 with minimap cutscenes. I'll be posting images tomorrow I guess. I've been really busy packing because of a family vacation trip that's coming this Saturday. I might be gone for a week but that shouldn't stop me from working on RotH.

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just make sure you make 'em skipable so lore haters can play for the gameplay alone.

20. veher18

veher18

Resources:
    Resources:
    That, and also for people who have to redo a level (like if they forgot to save or their computer crashed while playing) it can be annoying to have to sit through everything all over again.