• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Destroyer v1.0.6 (Canceled)

Hello everyone! Long time no see.
It is with pleasure to present you my newest custom campaign: Rise of the Destroyer. Go check it out now. I am looking forward for your feedback. The story is based on World of Warcraft novels which are set during the Cataclysm.
I have managed to fix pretty much all the game breaking bugs, though there may be still some left. if you find any, please point them out.

How to install:

- Make sure you have Patch 1.29.2 or newer. https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-download-archive-1-00-1-31-1-beta-demo.326836/
- Download CataclysmOp.mpq cinematic and move it into your Warcraft III\Movies folder. (Only works on patch 1.29.2!)
- Download the campaign and move it into Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns folder.

I hope you will like this campaign and don't hestitate to post feedback. Check out my walkthrough on my youtube channel:
Get in contact with me on Discord: https://discord.com/invite/8mVQy9QGdu

Known Issues : - Aggra's totems may spawn behind walls or trees.

Change Log

1.0 - 25/05/2022
  • Released
1.0.1 - 01/06/2022
  • Fixed chapter five game cache.
  • Goblin units have new soundset.
  • Sassy Hardwrench has a new soundset.
  • Fixed Thrall's cage in chapter four.
  • Fixed searing totem base damage scaling.
  • Disabled paladin xp gain in chapter four.
  • Reduced Mo'arg's damage and HP in Chapter 2.
  • Replaced Maidan of Pain with Vile Temptress in Chapter 2.
  • Optional quests rewards are now dropped near the quest giver rather than given directly to Thrall (Chpt 2)
1.0.2 - 20/06/2022
  • Minor bug fixes.
  • Fixed stash cache.
  • Removed goblin mines in chapter 6.
1.0.3 - 17/08/2022
  • Thrall has a new model.
  • Thrall is now a strength based hero.
  • Renamed Thrall's Thunder Clap ability to Primal Strike and added a remove buff bonus.
  • Replaced Thrall's Snowfury ultimate with Thunderstorm.
  • Renamed Aggra's Soul Burn ability to Flame Shock.
1.0.4 - 24/08/2022
  • Bug fixes.
  • Optimized the triggers.
1.0.5 - 24/11/2022
  • Added zone music from WoW.
1.0.6 - 24/08/2023
  • Primal Strike now dispel buffs properly.
  • Lowered the difficulty a litle
  • Minor bug fixes.

Credits :

- Warseeker.
Contents

Rise of the Destroyer v1.0.6 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The enemy seems to prioritize on attacking Thrall rather than the wolf. Abilities are normal Warcraft III ones. Thrall's are quite underwhelming, a mix of Rexxar and Muradin, mostly the latter though. Eitrigg is just a Blademaster but he's called...
Level 3
Small issue/bug I found, etrigg keeps spawning on this spot or in that illusion's spot, and he would be stuck there. I presume it's because of the troll headhunter and the trees around the stone. This forced me to immediately lose the new ally/hero I just got from this same area of the map lol. Please fix, I suggest moving the stone a little far back or just moving that troll. (Ended up killing the troll then etrigg to get him out)
1653536802290.png

Level 28
Can I play the campaign without downloading the music and mpq file?
Yes, but you won't be able to hear music during cutscenes.
Hello! Is this campaign the sequel of the dawn of the twilight hammer campaign?
No, this is a remake of the old campaign.
Small issue/bug I found, etrigg keeps spawning on this spot or in that illusion's spot, and he would be stuck there. I presume it's because of the troll headhunter and the trees around the stone. This forced me to immediately lose the new ally/hero I just got from this same area of the map lol. Please fix, I suggest moving the stone a little far back or just moving that troll. (Ended up killing the troll then etrigg to get him out)
View attachment 400184
Noted.

Level 29
I will begin my review

Chapter One:
-While not truly needed, you could add a description of Snowsong. Also, Thrall's summoning ability doesn't state that he has Resistant Skin.
-The Search and Rescue quest says that the prisoners we have to free are orcs, however there are orcs and trolls.
-Since we can't get the Pillage upgrade, there's no need for its icon to appear
-The Snowsong we can summon from the Level 2 ability doesn't have Bash, it has Critical Strike
"... before it start causing trouble..." --> "... before it starts causing trouble..."
-The Elemental Revenant quest has a green icon

Chapter Two
-I noticed a grammar problem in the Warden Bullrok's line while asking us for help: "... how can we you..."
-Pity that Aggra doesn't receive rewards during the optional quests
Ending cinematic: "Have you ever gone a vision..." --> "Have you ever got a vision..."

Level 28
Update: v1.0.1
  • Fixed chapter five game cache.
  • Goblin units have new soundset.
  • Sassy Hardwrench has a new soundset.
  • Fixed Thrall's cage in chapter four.
  • Fixed searing totem base damage scaling.
  • Disabled paladin xp gain in chapter four.
  • Reduced Mo'arg's damage and HP in Chapter 2.
  • Replaced Maidan of Pain with Vile Temptress in Chapter 2.
  • Optional quests rewards are now dropped near the quest giver rather than given directly to Thrall (Chpt 2)
  • Minor bug fixes

Level 17
I like this campaign and I can't wait to play it when it is finished.
Just some things:
-There is a bug in chapter one when Eitrigg gets stuck in the monolith located in the orcish base.
-In the mission to protect the goblin base, I think some workers can repair the defense towers, and have a few more units to defend the base as well.
-When you play the dungeon mission to save Thrall, the items you had from the previous mission dissapear.

So far, is a good jewel that will shine in the future just like the Forsaken campaign you made and I loved it. Keep going, Warseeker.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. The enemy seems to prioritize on attacking Thrall rather than the wolf.
  2. Abilities are normal Warcraft III ones. Thrall's are quite underwhelming, a mix of Rexxar and Muradin, mostly the latter though. Eitrigg is just a Blademaster but he's called Warrior and we don't get to choose his abilities from the start. Vol'jin=Rokhan/Shadow Hunter. Garosh is also a Warrior but his abilities=Cairne's.
  3. Elemental Revenant quest's icon is a green square.
  4. Snowsong wasn't moved to the attacked Orgrimmar after the secret meeting.
  5. Some transmissions run too fast.
  6. Should make quest items into runes/variable so that they won't occupy inventory space.
  7. The Glyph of Purification remains, can it be used later on? Same with the Family Locket.
  8. Sucks that you tease players with stuff that could have been but isn't in the campaign yet (unavailable "instance" in this version). Could have just added the stuff in an update rather than have dummy material lying around.
  9. Gladiator Thrall's Storm Bolt isn't on Q but on T hotkey.
  10. Can't beat all arena contenders as there's no healing. You have to resort to respawning which is lame. Actually, the golem kills you two times.
  11. Control Elemental's hotkey is T as the Feral Spirit's. Spells in this chapter are not QWERT anymore besides Thunder Clap.
  12. Some of the centaurs attacking Cairne's party are going back from whence they came to their caves, both Khans actually and some smaller ones.
  13. Level 2 Searing Totem says it gives 0-0 damage.
  14. Not sure how the orc and goblin reached the other island after their boss got the ship for himself. I guess, they used a rowboat?
  15. Thrall has his armour back now, in the prison?
  16. Something invisible attacks Aggra during the scene where they rescue Thrall.
  17. Three heroes based on intelligence is pretty gameplay diversity killing.
  18. Apparently they also locked the wolf with him.
  19. Chapter 6 could have been designed as a race against the greedy goblin to get the caches. Instead, you have to kill a dozen Snowsongs to avoid the mines. That if you don't care about immersion and just use the hero respawn system continuously.
  20. Rockets destroyed trees two chapters ago but not in this one, hence the counter-intuitiveness using them in that chapter for that specific thing.
  21. Linearity could be done nicely; trees suddenly falling after a quest completion is immersion breaking.
  22. There are two burning caches near the Trade Prince; if you destroy them, you get the Big G quest message each time.
It's a more story driven campaign than anything else, the gameplay being classic non-melee and repetitive.
To make matters worse, it's not even finished. You might want to mention that so no one else would be fooled.
But it's quite enough to be

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 13
About "Resurrection Stones"

This isn't the first map I've played with the Resurrection Stones, it just happened to 'fill the pitcher' with water. Excluding a single Creator of such campaigns to all others, I want to say the following:

- the charm of the game is lost when you can be reborn to infinity INSTANTLY. There is no challenge for you because you are immortal. Play the last two campaigns of Resyak (High Death: The Scourge of Kalimdor and The Legend of Mikokoro) and see a possible solution.

- what I could suggest is to have a delay in the rebirth of the character with a minimum of 5 minutes. So at least I would feel encouraged not to walk around the map like a tank crushing everything in its path, but I would be more careful and make more effort to keep the character from dying as infrequently as possible.

- a limit on the number of rebirths can be set

- maybe at some level in the game these things will not be appropriate to apply but it would be great to minimize this as much as possible

ABOUT THIS map: It's a good idea to store items in the stones, but why are there no items on the next level and the stone is empty?
Played on v.1.30 unfinished - I like the terrain, the story but I miss the challenge in the way of the hero.

Ou - Ou -Ou Warseeker - Gold. For what purpose do I accumulate gold coins when I kill an enemy? I saw nowhere a store or a way to use them. But these are "white kahari" :)

Last edited:
Level 7
played till 5th misson these are the changes i want

1 there are some rock chunks near the end which should break instantly if even one dies not need asap but a good qol change in the future

2 remove the granite golem magic immunity to make the fight against it more interesting and not just a drag and maybe even nerf it a bit because the fight was just thrall reviving and then dying over and over and i had to do nothing

3 in third mission centaur ai keeps running back to cave when you fight them and as they come from two sides i didn't notice that and then they had stacked up and it was a nightmare

overall a very fun campaign and a good way to experince my sec fav wow expansion

and i will be waiting for it to get completed so i can give my 5 star :goblin_yeah:

EDIT - finished it today and another thing i want is maybe items dropping from those staches for the player or maybe put some items of the prison mission in the last? because i felt like there was a lack of good items and suddenly all the items appeared in that mission and a gem of true sight so that mines just don't feel like a annoying thing you can't do something about

Last edited:
Level 28
The enemy seems to prioritize on attacking Thrall rather than the wolf.
I know. I think that's because he is an intellect based hero.
Eitrigg is just a Blademaster but he's called Warrior and we don't get to choose his abilities from the start. Vol'jin=Rokhan/Shadow Hunter. Garosh is also a Warrior but his abilities=Cairne's.
They are minor characters that don't play anymore role later in the game.
Should make quest items into runes/variable so that they won't occupy inventory space.
Which quest items are you talking about?
The Glyph of Purification remains, can it be used later on? Same with the Family Locket.
No.
Sucks that you tease players with stuff that could have been but isn't in the campaign yet (unavailable "instance" in this version). Could have just added the stuff in an update rather than have dummy material lying around.
I'm still thinking whether it's necessary to add those instances or not.

Thanks for the approval!

Hey its a great campaign, but anychance you will made campaign base on Warlord of Draenor
Unlikely.
It's a good idea to store items in the stones, but why are there no items on the next level and the stone is empty?
The items don't transfer to the next level?
Gold. For what purpose do I accumulate gold coins when I kill an enemy?
I will add shops later on.

Level 2
some characters are not seen, Jaina, elementals and Thrall sometimes, in mission 3 I can't select the earth elemental with the spell and I can't advance. this happened to me in other campaigns, is there a solution?
1656182826673.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
some characters are not seen, Jaina, elementals and Thrall sometimes, in mission 3 I can't select the earth elemental with the spell and I can't advance. this happened to me in other campaigns, is there a solution?
Just play on the recommended version. Read what it is at the bottom of the map thread description.
I played it on 1.30.4 and it worked perfectly.

Level 26
I played this campaign many times (mostly from the beginning, because of the unique way to play it), and I encountered on the second chapter strange things. The enemies are doing way less damage than should be on normal difficulty. Fel Stalker do 1-4 damage, Bloodfiend 1-4 damage, and ect. The Last patch are did things right, but some things are just... makes too easy to play.
WC3ScrnShot_081822_091244_03.png
WC3ScrnShot_081822_091242_02.png
WC3ScrnShot_081822_090921_01.png

Level 28
Great! now those strength items gonna roll! :goblin_yeah:
Yes, in addition Thrall is a melee hero so him being an intelligence based hero makes him weak.
I played this campaign many times (mostly from the beginning, because of the unique way to play it), and I encountered on the second chapter strange things. The enemies are doing way less damage than should be on normal difficulty. Fel Stalker do 1-4 damage, Bloodfiend 1-4 damage, and ect. The Last patch are did things right, but some things are just... makes too easy to play.View attachment 405340View attachment 405341View attachment 405342
Fixed.

Level 2
Second Map:
After completend the Family Locket quest, the locket is not disappered from the inventory. (Not a big bug, but it's here)
Somewhat similar problem, Locket does go away and I do get the Tome reward but the optional Quest doesn't get marked as complete, but it's not that big of a deal. What I wanna know is where can I watch The Shattering Cinematic? In-game it says that it won't work in 1.31 so I can watch it alternatively in youtube but I can't seem to find anything not even in Warseeker YT channel.

Level 26
Somewhat similar problem, Locket does go away and I do get the Tome reward but the optional Quest doesn't get marked as complete, but it's not that big of a deal. What I wanna know is where can I watch The Shattering Cinematic? In-game it says that it won't work in 1.31 so I can watch it alternatively in youtube but I can't seem to find anything not even in Warseeker YT channel.
it's in the description. You can find the link there here. I don't played this campaign nowdays honestly, because of the fact, that author/creator updating the campaign here, and you downloading it: you can replay the whole campaign from the beginning, because it's incompatible with your existing save files. I had some swearing words when I experienced it, and I still swearing when I see a notification here, so I'm probably never going to play again. Because: NEW UPDATE MEANS A REPLAY FROM THE BEGINNING. No matter what... (It's a good campaign either way, but my nerves are never going to be better)

Level 28
it's in the description. You can find the link there here. I don't played this campaign nowdays honestly, because of the fact, that author/creator updating the campaign here, and you downloading it: you can replay the whole campaign from the beginning, because it's incompatible with your existing save files. I had some swearing words when I experienced it, and I still swearing when I see a notification here, so I'm probably never going to play again. Because: NEW UPDATE MEANS A REPLAY FROM THE BEGINNING. No matter what... (It's a good campaign either way, but my nerves are never going to be better)
Updating the campaign may break the save files sometimes. I know it's frustating to replay from the beginning, but this is the case for most of the campaigns and there is nothing you can do about it. Nonetheless, you can use cheats to complete the missions quickly.

Level 2

Updating the campaign may break the save files sometimes. I know it's frustating to replay from the beginning, but this is the case for most of the campaigns and there is nothing you can do about it. Nonetheless, you can use cheats to complete the missions quickly.
Didn't realize it was just the Cataclysm Trailer, thought it was something you made. Ty for the replies ^^

Level 9
I must say I enjoyed this one a bit, however it is a bit rough around the edges in some instances. In the first mission, before entering Orgrimmar where Eitrigg and Thrall have their little monologue, Thrall says the same thing twice, (I do not remember what he said as I just breezed through the entire act in one sitting). Also, in my opinion, spell immune enemies in a hero-based campaign that really need to use their spells, sort of...ruin the fun of it. It makes it a repetitive sitting of "wait till they bash each other to death", which was MOST prevalent with the Granite Golem (god I hated fighting that). It became repetitive even more so when I had to respawn 3 times on hard difficulty just to sit and wait till Thrall kills it. Or I get lucky with the Bashes enough times.

Flavor text would also be nice, albeit not required, such as changing the tooltips of heroes to match their own titles, or the descriptions of units when hovering over their icons, and also fixing the stats told in the tooltips. Thrall's slam says it removes buffs in the learning tooltip, but when hovering over the actual ability, it only says it slows movement AND attack speed (something which it does not, only MS). Aggra's fire totem (the one that stood out the most to me) says something around 30-ish damage, when in reality it deals like 10, according to its stats in-game. Also, the end objective in the first mission felt...incredibly underwhelming, considering it had the tone of "at least one horde building must survive" but only 1 or 2 elementals spawned at once (although thinking about it now, I understand it is the very first mission, so I'll gloss over it).

Lastly, did you pull the dialogue from like, the books or something? Because honestly, its insanely good. If you wrote it yourself, then props, it's been a while since I actually sat through cinematics and not being bored. And should Knights only have 400ish HP on hard difficulty? Also I loved the autosave.

Gameplay was average, it wasn't outstanding, nor downright unplayable or boring.
Terrain was sometimes great sometimes just okay.
Cinematics were pretty good.

I'll definitely be popping back in to check if its been updated from time to time, and I am looking forward to its progress as its got potential.

If I could, I'd give it a 3.5, but Hive only allows for 3. Regardless, keep going!

P.S. Spice up the description of the post a little bit, maybe, since (as a person who didn't watch the vid linked) I had no idea this was a Founding of Durotar-ish styled campaign. Buut that's up to you.

Level 28
I must say I enjoyed this one a bit, however it is a bit rough around the edges in some instances. In the first mission, before entering Orgrimmar where Eitrigg and Thrall have their little monologue, Thrall says the same thing twice, (I do not remember what he said as I just breezed through the entire act in one sitting). Also, in my opinion, spell immune enemies in a hero-based campaign that really need to use their spells, sort of...ruin the fun of it. It makes it a repetitive sitting of "wait till they bash each other to death", which was MOST prevalent with the Granite Golem (god I hated fighting that). It became repetitive even more so when I had to respawn 3 times on hard difficulty just to sit and wait till Thrall kills it. Or I get lucky with the Bashes enough times.

Flavor text would also be nice, albeit not required, such as changing the tooltips of heroes to match their own titles, or the descriptions of units when hovering over their icons, and also fixing the stats told in the tooltips. Thrall's slam says it removes buffs in the learning tooltip, but when hovering over the actual ability, it only says it slows movement AND attack speed (something which it does not, only MS). Aggra's fire totem (the one that stood out the most to me) says something around 30-ish damage, when in reality it deals like 10, according to its stats in-game. Also, the end objective in the first mission felt...incredibly underwhelming, considering it had the tone of "at least one horde building must survive" but only 1 or 2 elementals spawned at once (although thinking about it now, I understand it is the very first mission, so I'll gloss over it).

Lastly, did you pull the dialogue from like, the books or something? Because honestly, its insanely good. If you wrote it yourself, then props, it's been a while since I actually sat through cinematics and not being bored. And should Knights only have 400ish HP on hard difficulty? Also I loved the autosave.

Gameplay was average, it wasn't outstanding, nor downright unplayable or boring.
Terrain was sometimes great sometimes just okay.
Cinematics were pretty good.

I'll definitely be popping back in to check if its been updated from time to time, and I am looking forward to its progress as its got potential.

If I could, I'd give it a 3.5, but Hive only allows for 3. Regardless, keep going!

P.S. Spice up the description of the post a little bit, maybe, since (as a person who didn't watch the vid linked) I had no idea this was a Founding of Durotar-ish styled campaign. Buut that's up to you.
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, the dialogues in the first missions was copied from the books but with some changes.

Level 4
So far so good, I surprisingly enjoy the gameplay a lot, and while so, the storyline. Props to you for doing this for our community. The story of pre-Cata is pretty damn well-written but kinda underrated, the ppl should know the horror of Deathwing and his destructive nature, the love story of our Warchief, the tragic death of Cairne, the growth of Go'el and his journey to becoming a Shaman. All very well executive through your campaign. Cheers to that! Looking forward to the next Act!
(In some of the late chapters, Thrall did abandon his armour but his model doesn't get replaced while imprisoned by the Alliance.)

Level 26
Update 1.0.5:

- Added zone music from WoW into the campaign. You can now play without having to download the external files and enable local files.

I also tried to make the Cataclysm cinematic work on patch 1.31 using this tutorial but to no avail. The custom movies only work on patch 1.29.
I liked Act I, hope Act II soon released. The Remnants named campaign with 3 chapters are not going to be ever finished?