• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Destroyer v1.0.6 (Canceled)

Hello everyone! Long time no see.
It is with pleasure to present you my newest custom campaign: Rise of the Destroyer. Go check it out now. I am looking forward for your feedback. The story is based on World of Warcraft novels which are set during the Cataclysm.
I have managed to fix pretty much all the game breaking bugs, though there may be still some left. if you find any, please point them out.

How to install:

- Make sure you have Patch 1.29.2 or newer. https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-download-archive-1-00-1-31-1-beta-demo.326836/
- Download CataclysmOp.mpq cinematic and move it into your Warcraft III\Movies folder. (Only works on patch 1.29.2!)
- Download the campaign and move it into Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns folder.

I hope you will like this campaign and don't hestitate to post feedback. Check out my walkthrough on my youtube channel:
Get in contact with me on Discord: https://discord.com/invite/8mVQy9QGdu

Known Issues : - Aggra's totems may spawn behind walls or trees.

Change Log

1.0 - 25/05/2022
  • Released
1.0.1 - 01/06/2022
  • Fixed chapter five game cache.
  • Goblin units have new soundset.
  • Sassy Hardwrench has a new soundset.
  • Fixed Thrall's cage in chapter four.
  • Fixed searing totem base damage scaling.
  • Disabled paladin xp gain in chapter four.
  • Reduced Mo'arg's damage and HP in Chapter 2.
  • Replaced Maidan of Pain with Vile Temptress in Chapter 2.
  • Optional quests rewards are now dropped near the quest giver rather than given directly to Thrall (Chpt 2)
1.0.2 - 20/06/2022
  • Minor bug fixes.
  • Fixed stash cache.
  • Removed goblin mines in chapter 6.
1.0.3 - 17/08/2022
  • Thrall has a new model.
  • Thrall is now a strength based hero.
  • Renamed Thrall's Thunder Clap ability to Primal Strike and added a remove buff bonus.
  • Replaced Thrall's Snowfury ultimate with Thunderstorm.
  • Renamed Aggra's Soul Burn ability to Flame Shock.
1.0.4 - 24/08/2022
  • Bug fixes.
  • Optimized the triggers.
1.0.5 - 24/11/2022
  • Added zone music from WoW.
1.0.6 - 24/08/2023
  • Primal Strike now dispel buffs properly.
  • Lowered the difficulty a litle
  • Minor bug fixes.

Credits :

- Warseeker.
Contents

Rise of the Destroyer v1.0.6 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The enemy seems to prioritize on attacking Thrall rather than the wolf. Abilities are normal Warcraft III ones. Thrall's are quite underwhelming, a mix of Rexxar and Muradin, mostly the latter though. Eitrigg is just a Blademaster but he's called...
Level 4
Despite the gameplay being the weakest aspect of this campaign (repetitive style), story-driven campaigns are worthwhile playing for people who want to immerse themselves deeper into the narrative of warcraft. It's better to play this before Shadows of the Twilight Hammer.

Level 13
An interesting adventure that is better played on Hard difficulty. Overall, the game managed to hold my interest until the end above average so I look forward to the sequel.

What I liked:
  • varied levels
  • the music
  • some very good cues that I assume were taken from somewhere
  • the goblins and their voice cues
  • Thrall's ability icons

I wish the terrain was at least a little inspiring because now it's just terrain - 70% empty. Anyway, there is a limit in the leveling up of the Hero, give us battles, give us surprises, give us traps, give us Bosses because that way revealing the whole map is quite boring.

Other things that impressed me:
  • Primal Strike spell: does this spell remove opponent's buffs or not? Besides there being some difference in the description I also found out that it does not remove the buffs or maybe only removes them in some special situations or am i wrong about buffs in general

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 14.05.19.42.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 14.05.48.92.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 14.11.51.23.png

• at First Level Thrall can only summon one wolf but later towards the end of the level he can summon more than one - this is before and after returning to Ogrimar
  • the battle with the Stone Golem: I'm very curious, what is the idea you have here? He is immune to spells; Thrall cannot run fast enough to avoid being hit on a turn; he can't even defeat him - he can only reincarnate until he defeats him. I am really curious about this scene and would be glad if you could share.
  • throughout the game the enemy units are almost waiting for you to kiss them to attack you and the distance they are located from each other allows you to attract them one by one which makes things very uneven and too easy. Look at the man, how he stands while I beat up the Boss he's guarding and the others who just sit and watch impassively as I kill them one by one. At this distance everyone should attack as ONE and chase long enough for you to consider attacking them lightly again.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 15.10.26.33.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 14.38.48.54.png Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.16 - 14.36.03.01.png

• the same goes for Centaurs and Clefthoof Bull and Humans

I played v.1.0.5 on 1.30 Normal difficulty. Hopefully the game behavior on Hard difficulty is times better because Normal difficulty with the drawbacks described above is actually a Very Easy difficulty. The campaign still seems to me like you want to lay the foundations first and then do the incremental improvements.

Last edited:
Level 28
Hey guys!

I have some bad news concerning the future of this project: This campaign will no longer recieve updates. The four remaining acts will be released as seperate campaigns rather than a single one and act one will be remade from stretch. My ultimate goal when I started working on this project was to tell the Cataclysm lore focusing mainly on Thrall. However, this left a lot of empty space in the story. In order to fix this, I decided to remake this project to include everything written in the books.

I don't know when will I come back to this project as I got other projects in mind right now so stay tuned for news!

Level 7
Hey guys!

I have some bad news concerning the future of this project: This campaign will no longer recieve updates. The four remaining acts will be released as seperate campaigns rather than a single one and act one will be remade from stretch. My ultimate goal when I started working on this project was to tell the Cataclysm lore focusing mainly on Thrall. However, this left a lot of empty space in the story. In order to fix this, I decided to remake this project to include everything written in the books.

I don't know when will I come back to this project as I got other projects in mind right now so stay tuned for news!
No problem! and i think it is a great decision. Good luck for future projects!

Level 10
darn it! I only noticed it's an unfinished campaign after it ended abruptly in the last available chapter. And when I was getting hooked with it too! :ogre_rage:.

It's great, and the story is interesting. Lacking a little bit of dialogue in the chapters, I think. But maybe that's a decision made since it's supposed to be a long campaign and this was just the first act. 4/5 for now, looking forward to the finished product to give it that perfect score. Keep it up and thanks !