• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
All you need to know for now:

Creating on the models at the moment.
2D Diablo Style.
Play as a Member of the Defias Brotherhood located in the south of the Eastern Kingdoms.
Work your way up the ranks of the Defias chain and get your revenge on storm-wind for the banishment with the "Alternate Ending" that we always wanted to see but never got in World of Warcraft.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning on doing some model updates here.

It is going to take a while (I am very new to blender)

In fact, look at my first finished model ever, and at the same time, the first item of the game:

The Emberstone Staff:
0001hw.png

5 hours "work-time". But my speed is improving quickly.

:vw_love:

Level 3
Me. But for this project I am mostly using Construct2.

So for now there is not much real programming going on in this project.
(Gives me time to learn to improve my programming on the side)

Edit:

I am cheating a little though.. Right now I am working on a Human Male, and because I am not very good at human modeling I use the Wow model as a basic mesh in places.

Level 3
Current male Model.
WoW left, My Version Right:

I might remodel the body, because I used the body (except head and hands) from wow and remodeled it.
WowCompareToMyMesh.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Adding more polygons is not the same as making it better. If anything you could be making it worse as similar smooth details can be obtained with complex render effects. You could even use Tesselation to up the polygone count dynamicly which is more efficient on modern graphic cards. I agree the hands were junk in the WoW one though.

Level 3
I am working in 2D. Everything will be converted into Sprite-sheets.

Else yes, a lot can be done without making more polygons.

I am reading up on copyright though, So I will probably use a staff that is not this similar to the original. And also definitely make the entire mesh of the Human myself to avoid the whole Derivative work problem.

And the story line is going to be changed up just enough to avoid troubles there :)

Level 2
Hi there. I see you have some great skills and i hope that you finish your game and i do hope it is a nice and successful game. Good luck and try your best my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.