• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defense of Skeletoria Chapter 3 Beta (+ Old Chapter 1) (CANCELLED)

[Chapter 1]
This is a demo for an upcoming custom campaign called "Rise of Skeletoria: A Skeleton Faction Campaign"

(Still a WIP so expect some bugs)
Enjoy!!!

[Latest Chapter]
Here is a beta map for my campaign, Defense of Skeletoria. Play as Ordin Skullwhisperer and battle against the dangerous elves in their pursued their goal in securing Skeletoria from future dangers.

Note: Some bugs are so be expected so please talk about it in the comments. It helps me and my friends a lot.

Stay safe and hail Skeletoria...

Special Thanks to @Warseeker for the AI in this map.

All ff assets belongs to the ff users:

ElvenGuardTower by armel
ElvenForge by Mc !
Either or all of the following:
RockGolem by Mc !
Raven by Kuhneghetz
Undead Tower Shield by Horn
The Grim Reaper by Kuhneghetz
Swordsman by Elenai
ElvenArchCleric by Elenai
VampiricAura by Sandro
SentryWard by alfredx_sotn
Spire by Zin-Creator
Bloodelf Mage by General Frank
Bloodelf Ranger by General Frank
SkeletonLord by levigeorge1617
BTNSpell_Shadow_FingerOfDeath by Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard Entertainment
BTNINV_Axe_15 by Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard Entertainment
BTNGargoyleSpire by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNPoisonArrows by DeathKnight
BTNBK_Blue_Book by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNBK_Red_Book by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNPoisonArrow by Nightmare_X
BTNDarkAura by Mc !
BTN_CR_Claw_UPB by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTN_CR_Claw_UPC by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTN_CR_Claw_UPD by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNRaven by Kuhneghetz
BTNHeroGrimReaper by Kuhneghetz
BTN_SkeletonPeasant by Cavman
BTNHighElvenCleric by Elenai
PlagueCloudTarget by crl
PlagueCloud by crl
Demon Tower by HappyTauren
BTNDemonTower by HappyTauren
BTNFrost by SkriK
Item Short Axe/ Throwing Axe by Lord_T
Shadow Bolt by Champara Bros
BTNMoonShield by Volvox
BTNMoonShield1 by Volvox
BTNMoonShield2 by Volvox
BTNBleed by Volvox
New Graveyard by MasterHaosis
BTNGrave by MasterHaosis
BTNBioHazardRed by oh_snap
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
Blank Shield by dansaDisco
Skeleton Archer by assasin_lord
Leoric the Skeleton King (Diablo 1 version) by Kuhneghetz
BTND1KingLeoric by Kuhneghetz
BTNDevouringBlade by Infinitynexus
BTNShadowDragon by Thrikodius
BTNBoneArmorA by Crabby_Spider
BTNScythe by Raging Ent
BTNDarkSylvanasby67chrome by 67chrome
BTNScythe by Golden-Drake
BTNFingerOfDeath by 4eNNightmare
BTNBash by Golden-Drake
BTNPoisonBlast by Hemske
Night Elf Shield (Right & Left) by TheSlaveOfGod
ShadowDragon by Forgotten_Warlord by Forgotten_Warlord
BTNGreenPhoenixDart by 4eNNightmare
Small Green Fire Missile by Imnotprol
PlagueDoctor by Gottfrei
ArcaneRocket_Projectile by sPy
BTNLeftDarkBlade by 8512590215848
Undead Ziggurat by MasterHaosis
Undead Fire Mage by -Grendel
BTNIceSkeleton by Golden-Drake
Advanced White and Metal Heavy Armour by Astaroth Zion
Acolyte'sRobe by Sin'dorei300
SkeletalKnight by Sin'dorei300
FemaleNecromancer by Sin'dorei300
Living Statue by WhiteDeath
Ranger by HappyTauren
Wooden Skull Shield by InfernalTater
Simple Cape by imforfun
Solarverse by NightSkyAurora
Forsaken Catapult by Edge45
Draenei Battle Master by Kimbo
BElfArcaneGlaiveThrower by Edge45
Building (Sunken Ruins) and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Zombie and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
BTNCurseBlade by Blizzard Entertainment, Darkfang
BTNMaceZombie2 by Just_Spectating
BTNParasiteVirus by The Panda
BTNNerubianWatchTower by Windrunner29
Elf Paladins by Direfury
BTNHighElfPaladin by Direfury
Floating_GrassSphere by Solu9
Nerubian Ziggurat by Blizzard Entertainment, MatiS
Crypt by HerrDave
Amored StalHound (Skeletal-Wolf) by Mister_Haudrauf
Skeleton Archer - with Helm and Shoulderpads by Eagle XI
Dark Ancient by Direfury
Archer, Dark Ranger, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Scythe by ~Nightmare
Plague Spreader by infrenus
Skeletal Razormane by Mister_Haudrauf
BTNBones by The Panda
Skeletal Dreadlord by BossGengar
ElfAltar by Itius Leurn Freim
Blood Mage by Stefan.K
Skeletal Felguard by BossGengar
Priest (Elf), Mage (Human), and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Altar of Darkness by stonneash
BTNSkeletonBrute by Scias
Rifleman and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Spell Breaker and Derivatives by Ujimasa Hojo
Undead altar by tillinghast
Dominate Death by Darkfang
BTNPoisonRain by The Panda
BTNFemaleNecromancer by Scias
Wretched Priest by 84chrome
Poison Elemental by icewolf055
Poison Elemental by icewolf055
Dark Harvest by stonneash
Fire Missiles by Vinz
Pillar of Flame by Vinz
Skeleton Death Knight by Stefan.K
Armored Skeleton by Anvil, Direfury, Galadgod, HappyCockroach, Paultaker
Voidspawn Building Pack by Vendro the Wind Mage
Blood Mage by Himperion
The Revenant Covenant by Ceterai
Revenant Covenant by Rhapsodie
High Elf and Blood Elf Runner (Re-Classic) by johnwar
High Elf and Blood Elf Swordsman (Re-Classic) by johnwar
Skeleton Warriors (pack I) by Villagerino
Black Legion Soldiers (Pack) by johnwar
Black Legion Soldiers, Infantry and Cavalry by r.ace613
BTNTouch of Darkness by Null
Skeletal Wolf by Nightmare2077
Skeleton Berserker by Achille
Previews
Contents

Chapter 3 (Map)

Rise of Skeletoria (Demo) (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Usual Warcraft III units and abilities renamed. When you reach the human stronghold, the hero is attacked and attacks during the scene. Try avoiding making playable areas near the map edges as you can see the "sky" and it looks ugly. The hero is...
Level 2
this map i pretty good,lots of side quests,cool models, some item to find. Yeah i enjoyed it a lot .good job 👍

Level 2
Why thank you so much! It means so much for me.:ogre_haosis:

Please share this map with your friends!
Thank you dude for making it😂👍 I enjoyed the story line as well it's only mission one but it's encouraging the player to continue playing the campaign and see where the story goes
My suggestions: 1.its kinda odd that the main hero is agility based, he has armor aura,death pact and acid bomb so he is kinda a tank/strength hero. you might wanna make him strength based or just give him a dmg ability instead of death pact(death pact is pretty boring anyway)
2. The single purge(shaman totem) item is good,but against AI, its not that usefull,i guess a staff of dispel would be better specially since enemy casters have lots of slow.
3.i personally love the idea of lots of cool and useable items and i would love to see more cool items or shops in the next chapters like the first one.
I didint see any bugs btw
And when will u releas the whole campaign? Is it almost done or u just started it?

Level 7
Thank you dude for making it😂👍 I enjoyed the story line as well it's only mission one but it's encouraging the player to continue playing the campaign and see where the story goes
My suggestions: 1.its kinda odd that the main hero is agility based, he has armor aura,death pact and acid bomb so he is kinda a tank/strength hero. you might wanna make him strength based or just give him a dmg ability instead of death pact(death pact is pretty boring anyway)
2. The single purge(shaman totem) item is good,but against AI, its not that usefull,i guess a staff of dispel would be better specially since enemy casters have lots of slow.
3.i personally love the idea of lots of cool and useable items and i would love to see more cool items or shops in the next chapters like the first one.
I didint see any bugs btw
And when will u releas the whole campaign? Is it almost done or u just started it?
I just started it and just about finishing chapter 2 (This campaign will only be 5 chapters + interludes). I don't know when I'll exactly release the full campaign but imagine it's gonna be in September (same month as my birthday)... Not sure yet but stay tuned.

You know, I'm looking for someone who can make an enemy AI (base).... If you know what I mean

Last edited:
Level 12
Hello!

The idea of a faction of boneman/skeletons is always cool. :ogre_datass:
The terrains it's good, but can be improved.
I have to agree with Mamal about the death pact, looks like this skeletons aren't cannon fodder and you can't just sacrificed one in this chapter.
The catapult of the skeletons throw meat rather that bones.
What is the point to speak with the optional skeleton? Something in the future?
About bugs:
-A bug that could happen, is that the cinematic that show you the enemy base, your units can walk in middle of the cinematic (and die in a horrible way).
-The rune of resurrection that drop the optional boss doesn't work because the skeletons lacks of corpse, maybe replace it with rune of restauration?

Everything else is fine. I hope to see the campaign, I really hope that get crazy :grin:

Level 7
Hello!

The idea of a faction of boneman/skeletons is always cool. :ogre_datass:
The terrains it's good, but can be improved.
I have to agree with Mamal about the death pact, looks like this skeletons aren't cannon fodder and you can't just sacrificed one in this chapter.
The catapult of the skeletons throw meat rather that bones.
What is the point to speak with the optional skeleton? Something in the future?
About bugs:
-A bug that could happen, is that the cinematic that show you the enemy base, your units can walk in middle of the cinematic (and die in a horrible way).
-The rune of resurrection that drop the optional boss doesn't work because the skeletons lacks of corpse, maybe replace it with rune of restauration?

Everything else is fine. I hope to see the campaign, I really hope that get crazy :grin:
Thanks you, my friend. Feedback like this really helps me improve my campaign.:grin::grin::grin:

Level 2
i just made an account and is here to say this is the best campaign i will ever experience when its out i love undead especially skeletons
one more thing can you make it so i can play it on 1.26 if you can thanks very much :D

Last edited:
Level 10
Overall it was a nice map I liked the new undead units/tech rather than just using baseline wc3 skeleton units. Lots of custom models make sure to credit those creators if some where used.

Suggestions:
Skeleton warriors should auto use mana shield when they are trained once the research has been done
oranges attack was kinda weak idk if it was just the number of units that attack or just their hp was low or I just had a decent defense up at that time

Level 7
Overall it was a nice map I liked the new undead units/tech rather than just using baseline wc3 skeleton units. Lots of custom models make sure to credit those creators if some where used.

Suggestions:
Skeleton warriors should auto use mana shield when they are trained once the research has been done
oranges attack was kinda weak idk if it was just the number of units that attack or just their hp was low or I just had a decent defense up at that time
Thank you so much. These kinds of feedback helps me improve my map making. Also let's just say you kinda expected that orange attack did you?

Maxlaid

Banned
Level 4
I just passed the map. In general, I liked it, there is no special effort and it is quite pleasant to play. I was confused during the game by the rapid regeneration of mana, but it turned out that an aura was imposed on the units, although I did not understand where ...
When you start to besiege the purple camp, for some reason the fps suddenly drops, but then everything is fine. Also, during the dialogue of the elves, the elves themselves are poorly visible.

I wish you good luck in your promotion:thumbs_up:
Снимок экрана 2022-08-17 в 11.55.29.pngСнимок экрана 2022-08-17 в 12.29.53.pngСнимок экрана 2022-08-17 в 12.36.19.png

Level 7
I just passed the map. In general, I liked it, there is no special effort and it is quite pleasant to play. I was confused during the game by the rapid regeneration of mana, but it turned out that an aura was imposed on the units, although I did not understand where ...
When you start to besiege the purple camp, for some reason the fps suddenly drops, but then everything is fine. Also, during the dialogue of the elves, the elves themselves are poorly visible.

I wish you good luck in your promotion:thumbs_up:
View attachment 405318View attachment 405317View attachment 405316
Thank you deeply for your feedback, my friend. I knew my work would find a place in the hearts of many. Did you check the hero's items? And this is just a beta. Adjustments are still being implemented as I progress through making this campaign.

Edit: Also it would be better experience if you do not use the vision cheat. It sometimes ruins the experience...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hello! I have merged the two bundles into a single one. Please update your description or the files if needed! :D

Level 10
Thank you so much. These kinds of feedback helps me improve my map making. Also let's just say you kinda expected that orange attack did you?
Went back and played it again and I think it was just the timing of my first go cause this time orange attack was a little tougher

Level 7
I really like the concept and the map is very fun to play I hope that your campaign gets completed
P.S. Saphira Whisperwind nice arkain easter egg
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Went back and played it again and I think it was just the timing of my first go cause this time orange attack was a little tougher
well expect them to be a little more tougher when the campaign is released.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Please update the credits list with all the resources you've used! You can easily do that using the "view resources in use" option. 😀

Level 2
i encountered a bug on demo defense of skeletoria part 3 of your campaign, im getting lag spikes whenever i look at the final gate at purples base and the final cutscene can ye fix it please on the final release if you can it would be so much appreciated ^_^, and i liked it btw, i hope you continue to make this campaign cause im so hype to play it keep up the good work :D

Level 7
i encountered a bug on demo defense of skeletoria part 3 of your campaign, im getting lag spikes whenever i look at the final gate at purples base and the final cutscene can ye fix it please on the final release if you can it would be so much appreciated ^_^, and i liked it btw, i hope you continue to make this campaign cause im so hype to play it keep up the good work :D
Will do, lad!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop:
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Read the guides below to learn what a map thread description should look like or inform about.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 7
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop:
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Read the guides below to learn what a map thread description should look like or inform about.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Man, those the description has to be a proper one. What are important features I had to include?

Level 7
Please put the credits list between

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

or

[hidden="credits list or whatever"]
[/hidden]

You can also write a title for the spoiler tags if you want like with the hidden ones.
Can you altleast give me a screenshot sample on what the description supposed to look like?!

I had a rough day and getting pretty moody lately. Please???

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Usual Warcraft III units and abilities renamed.
When you reach the human stronghold, the hero is attacked and attacks during the scene.
Try avoiding making playable areas near the map edges as you can see the "sky" and it looks ugly.
The hero is intermitently selected during the cinematic scene after freeing the fortress.
Chapter 1 is kind of monotonous. Could use some more gameplay variety.
Chapter 3 has no description on the loading screen.
Soul Tower's tower upgrades have the same icon.
Chapter 3 is much better than the first one.
Arcane Forge's selection circle is not visible; probably too small.

So generally, it's a nice thing but could use more creative gameplay mechanics, custom spells, less if not any Warcraft III exact same stuff. Chapter 1 really needs some improvement.

Approved.

Level 7
Usual Warcraft III units and abilities renamed.
When you reach the human stronghold, the hero is attacked and attacks during the scene.
Try avoiding making playable areas near the map edges as you can see the "sky" and it looks ugly.
The hero is intermittently selected during the cinematic scene after freeing the fortress.
Chapter 1 is kind of monotonous. Could use some more gameplay variety.
Chapter 3 has no description on the loading screen.
Soul Tower's tower upgrades have the same icon.
Chapter 3 is much better than the first one.
Arcane Forge's selection circle is not visible; probably too small.

So generally, it's a nice thing but could use more creative gameplay mechanics, custom spells, less if not any Warcraft III exact same stuff. Chapter 1 really needs some improvement.

Approved.
Thank you so much. You know why it's called (Demo and Beta) right? It was bound to have bugs (not to criticize or anything, okay?).