1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Rise of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Zektr, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Zektr

Zektr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I absolutely agree with you. :) Looks like someone catched my idea. ;)

Read the answer above, please. :) And if you are not satisfied with the way I'm working, noone forces you to play the campaign or to be even interested in it.

2. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you want this campaign tossed in the substandard section by all means keep using vanilla maps.

3. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you plan do use original campaign maps for all chapters in your campaign or is this only a singular case where you decided to do so for some reason?

4. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not necessarily: The Scourge of Lordaeron - Enhanced

However, I do agree that if you use a pre-existing map it should be complimented with very enhanced mechanics. Remember, there's probably not one user in this site who hasn't played the RoC maps.

5. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That campaign is exactly what the name implies. This? Not the same thing

6. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So, what? You think he's trying to cheat you? He didn't seem to have a problem admitting he took the vanilla terrain. So whatever the name implies is not a problem.

@Zektr by the way I suggest you play the Scourge enhanced to see just how many elements can be added to the map. Second mission is a great example.

7. Zektr

Zektr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the defence I'll check it thanks for the advice.

8. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I think it's lazy as hell and it's nothing compared to the vast rework and AI changes and 2 human and undead race revamps Teozamait did

I'm entitlted to my opinion. My opinion is that it's a bare bones lazy as hell campaign that has units simply placed on an overland map with the cringe Calia Menethil fanfic reclaiming lordaeron that oh so many people have spewed over the years.

talk about uninspired
    calia menethil reclaims lordaeron - Google-Suche

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, yes. You are very much entitled to your opinion, ain't no one going to take it away from you and all. I'll just point out you're basing this opinion

over one screenshot and barely two paragraphs of text. Way to go objective criticism.

As for that, the name is uninspired (I'd be the first one to whale on campaigns called "rise of the X"), the story is WoW based and blah blah. So are Tomoraider's campaigns, as well as chasing the dawn, and other notable projects. Talk about generic in this site, but sometimes it works.

10. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Why the hate? And also, why are you even talking about tossing projects to substandard section?
    It's legit to use pre-made work. Everyone does this. With spells, systems, models, icons... but that he uses terrain is big drama? There are even terrain templates out there only for this purpose. Your personal core is maybe creating terrain yourself for a map, and this is fine. But let him give credits for the work he uses, and it's ok.

11. Zektr

Zektr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just few words according to last lines of this text: "I have no problem to admit, that I'm quite bad at making my own terrain. And because I don't want my campaign to contain my really bad creations, I've decided to use either templates or some vanilla maps. The credits are going to be on every loading screen of every chapter. "

12. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seems interesting! SUbscribing for updates. :)

13. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any updates?
    sorry just seeing many campaign developments

14. Jirouls

Jirouls

Resources:
    Resources:
    the campaign is dead?

15. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I fear that @Zektr won't finish any campaign ever . This is his 4th campaign in WiP status so . . . It seems, that he allways lose his will to continue projects after 1-2 levels are finished.

16. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welp that's new :(

True. I can't make maps of my own at all. no hate please -_- and Don't be keemstar/drama Alert (the biased entitled opinionated guy)