• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Heroes v2.0b

[rainbow]

-Rise of Heroes-
[map is protected]

How game works
At start, Red player choses the game’s settings:

1) Easy - Creeps have 50% reduced hit points. At start, Hero gains power to learn all 6 spells.
2) Normal - Creeps have normal hit points. At start, Hero gains power to learn only 3 spells. Other 3 powers will be gained after Hero's 5th, 10th and 15th level.
3) Hell - Creeps have 100% increased hit points. At start, Hero gains power to learn only 2 spells. Other 4 powers will be gained after Hero's 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th level.

1) All Pick Mode - Players can pick hero from both Light and Dark Forces.
2) All Random Mode - Random Light or Dark hero will be given to each player.
3) Random Mode - Random hero will be given to each player.
4) All Strength - All players can pick only strength heroes.
5) All Intelligence - All players can pick only intelligence heroes.
6) All Agility - All players can pick only agility heroes.
7) Normal Mode - Players can pick heroes only from their own temple.

Every hero has a different integrated ability which makes him/her unique!

Objective of the map is to prevent the main building from being destroyed by upgrading the Hero you have chosen by learning 6 abilities for him. Vary between active and passive spells in order to make a winning, but also a teamwork, combination.

In order to purchase an ability, you will need Power, which is gained throughout the game (faster or slower, depending form the game difficulty you have chosen). All abilities *WILL UPGRADE AS THE HERO LEVELS UP*!!!!!!!

185870-albums2859-picture23764.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23763.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23762.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23761.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23758.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23760.jpg

185870-albums2859-picture23759.jpg

Credits and Thanks

Special thanks to: The_Mirai for help with English.
Also thanks to:
- Icons: KelThuzad (Cancel Command Button), GooS (All Potions), 67chrome (High Elf Assassin), AbstractCreativity (Frozen Slayer), Mc ! (Demon Sword), General Frank (Blood Elfa Assassin), CRAZYRUSSIAN (High Elf Assassin)
- Models: Expresso (Ultimate Light Monster), Pyritie (Freezing Aura), Dan van Ohllus (Archmage), General Frank (Blood Elf Assassin)

- SFX: WILLTHEALMIGHTY (Ancient Explosion)

Loading Screen is from PC Game: "Blade of Darkness"

Also thanks for all animated doodads and terrain staff goes to creators of The Ultimate Terraining Map v4x

1. Shops are now smaller and visible on minimap
  2. Game difficulty is reduced
  3. Fixed some bugs with creep movements
  4. Fountain of Power heals only heroes
  5. Meteor skill glitch fixed
  6. Hero will get 10 bonus gold after each lvl
  7. Hero gain 10% level faster
  8. Lots of small fixes, upgrades and improvements
---Have Fun and Good Game---
[/rainbow]

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Heroes, Rise, Kobas, -Kobas-, Survival, Defense
Contents

Rise of Heroes v2.0b (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 27th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 17
What a coincidence we got the same preview image ;) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darknesschasersv1-8-a-94495/?prev=u%3D[K40$]-Spectre. OTP, from what I see from the pictures, your terrain is good but try to not scale some doodads to much (e.g. rocks near waterfall). Some doodads look better when they are clustered in stead of loosly placed (like the flowers and bushes). If I understand correct this AOS gameplay, therefore I won't play it since I don't love AOS very much (to many AOS maps have been made in my opnion). Judging from the icons from the abilities which be seen on the screenshots, your abilities aren't custom. In my opnion this is a must have for AOS maps to make at least a bit unique compared to others.

[K40$]-Spectre;1454686 said:
What a coincidence we got the same preview image ;) http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darknesschasersv1-8-a-94495/?prev=u%3D[K40$]-Spectre. OTP, from what I see from the pictures, your terrain is good but try to not scale some doodads to much (e.g. rocks near waterfall). Some doodads look better when they are clustered in stead of loosly placed (like the flowers and bushes). If I understand correct this AOS gameplay, therefore I won't play it since I don't love AOS very much (to many AOS maps have been made in my opnion). Judging from the icons from the abilities which be seen on the screenshots, your abilities aren't custom. In my opnion this is a must have for AOS maps to make at least a bit unique compared to others.

It's a coincidence that we have the same preview image, sry I had no idea about your map:)
Luckily the colors are different xD
Due to some bugs with imported doodads i had to scale them that way!
About the spells you are talking about: I kept original wc3 icons but half of the spells are custom made!

I am currently doing a rmk of this map and accepting all criticism!!!
Thank you for your remarks! ^^

Level 10
Lets see:

Bad things:
Some doodats are to big,they block sight.
Fountain heal enemy units.
When you cast Meteor ability for a second you can see 1 unit (lava spawn),this becouse this spell is maded from "inferno" spell ,just set unit duration to 0.1 second.
Trigger for unit movement is bad,enemy units somethimes stop.
Also i see some DOTA elements in map and i dont like that :p

Good Things:
You can chose ability for your hero,that is not something new but i like it.
Map is not boring.
Map info and tips are very good.
You have some good imports.
Map file size is not big.

Vote for approval? YES

+rep for you!

Some doodats are to big,they block sight.
-Just use command: -cam2 and u will see map really nice! :razz:
Fountain heal enemy units.
-I dont know what to say :sad: (it will be done in a sec)
When you cast Meteor ability for a second you can see 1 unit (lava spawn),this becouse this spell is maded from "inferno" spell ,just set unit duration to 0.1 second.
-It's set but it play unit dead animation (np, i will also fix this :xxd:)
Trigger for unit movement is bad,enemy units somethimes stop.
-Because of 1000 incoming creeps but ok i will fix this! :thumbs_up:
Also i see some DOTA elements in map and i dont like that :p
-Omg i really don't want to copy Dota (Can you be more specific :grin:)

Bdw thank you for comment and rep :infl_thumbs_up:

[K40$]-Spectre;1454837 said:
, that's good, abilities are very important for AOS. Do you make use of triggered abilities also?

I only and use triggered abilities :xxd:, i try that JASS and VJASS thing but, for now school is on first place so no time for play :grin: If is this what you mean? Dl and test, maybe you find something interesting :thumbs_up:

Btw thanks for comments :xxd:

Level 7
Awesome map :p

Omg Finally someone who uploads a map with a decent description and actually a decent map.

Well this is deserving of a review and thus it will get one.

*NOTE: I played easy all pick*

• Nice description
  • Nice Loading screen (pictures)
  • Nice custom heroes
  • Nice custom spells
  • Nice concept
  • No bugs that I noticed
  • Everything seemed balanced
  • It seemed to work
  • It was FUN!

• Shops are too far away from the building you are protecting
  • Tree should be upgradable/heal-able
  • Need building symbol for shops, as the holy altar is not a building
  • permanent immolation, it should drain mana by the second not stay on
  • No AI

• Make more items
  • Move the shops closer to the building you are protecting
  • Make a shop to upgrade your building you are protecting (Upgrades in the shop could be; hitpoints, armor, a heal building, add a auto cast turret to the building you are protecting) All shop upgrades should cost a bit of gold.
  • Make the spell immolation drain x mana by the second not be permanently on.
  • Make the shops have a building symbol so they are easier to find (The altar is not a building and does not need a symbol)
  • Add a wave counter (For example in the top right hand corner have a timer that counts down how long it is until the next wave enters the arena)
    Maybe every 6 or 10 hero levels you could make it that the hero gets +10 to their main attribute skill.
  • Maybe add AI so people can practice your map or play it with a full house, if they can't fill that one slot

• An Upcoming update log
  • A youtube video of ingame play

My rating: 3/5

I APPROVE THIS!

Hope you like my review,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Awesome map bro, good luck with it and I hope this is approved!

Last edited:
Level 1
ive hosted this map a few times and there are some things that bothered me:

-the bosses are waaaay too hard imho(even on easy....1 boss would be hardly managable ...but 3?)
-after i tried that "play again " button the wave didnt start from the beginning but just continued(wave 11 in my circumstance)
-as already mentioned, shops are too far away from the base (and quite unnecessary big...oO)
-more items !
-maybe some uhm...passive skills? im not talking about auras...i mean something like cleave,crit,drunken brawler and all that stuff

even its hardly playable atm, this map has a huge potential.

oh and to spectre: ITS A HERO DEF AND NOT AN AOS FFS
aos: towers,REAL base, friendly spawns, chance to attack the opponent by yourself
hero def: creeps upgrade themselves after each wave

ive hosted this map a few times and there are some things that bothered me:

-the bosses are waaaay too hard imho(even on easy....1 boss would be hardly managable ...but 3?)
-after i tried that "play again " button the wave didnt start from the beginning but just continued(wave 11 in my circumstance)
-as already mentioned, shops are too far away from the base (and quite unnecessary big...oO)
-more items !
-maybe some uhm...passive skills? im not talking about auras...i mean something like cleave,crit,drunken brawler and all that stuff

Ok, lets see, bosses and waves are hard (yes and i fixed that :grin:)
About -play again- i don't know what to say, i played map with friend all night and it's seams fine :eekani:
Shops are now smaller and displayed on minimap :razz:
And passive skills will be given from items, like cleaving, critical evasion ...

Just wait i will soon upload 2.0b version with all up fixed stuff and some small improvements :thumbs_up:

Level 1
About -play again- i don't know what to say, i played map with friend all night and it's seams fine :eekani:
hm i remember that our base was still intact while the opponents team got raped and the play again option popped up...maybe a tiny trigger failure cause by leavers?_?
could also be one of those stupid and rare bnet-bugs which just happen randomly...it seems they like me alot =_________=
And passive skills will be given from items, like cleaving, critical evasion ...
ah okay i didnt know this...cause i always died till we could buy some of them haha

Level 2
Got A Good idea As I Think..
until both team's boss is killed, no more waves will come

this idea is better so which team hunts the boss first will have some time to buy items, etc..

Got A Good idea As I Think..
until both team's boss is killed, no more waves will come

this idea is better so which team hunts the boss first will have some time to buy items, etc..

It is good idea, i will make something like that but for now I am working on something new, unique!

I make something special you will see! Just wait :razz:

Btw, thanks for comment!

Level 1
finally its quite playable =D
just a few notes:
-all skills and items which increase your mana reg are extremely USELESS even for "almost-no int" heroes. every character can easily out-reg immolation at least at lvl 5.
-burning aura doesnt reset its damage after lvl up but after revival(suggesting resetting itself every 20secs so u dont need to die to deal the supposed dmg)
-is there a difference between that splash of the naga hero and the splash of that other str her?*forgot his name*
-im suggesting 3 additional modes: like those "only int/str/agi heroes" modes, but with the permission to choose from BOTH sides (so its like a limited all pick)
-please add some items/skills that reduce magic dmg/create a magic shell....those creeps t wave 16-19 are just pissing me off >_<

-burning aura doesnt reset its damage after lvl up but after revival(suggesting resetting itself every 20secs so u dont need to die to deal the supposed dmg)
-I have made mistake with trigger that upgrades ability after hero lvl, thanks for comment i will fix this with next map version!
-is there a difference between that splash of the naga hero and the splash of that other str her?*forgot his name*
-Naga splash is attack type (100%dmg/50aoe; 50%dmg/100; 25%/dmg200aoe) and Sea Giant has Cleaving ability!
-im suggesting 3 additional modes: like those "only int/str/agi heroes" modes, but with the permission to choose from BOTH sides (so its like a limited all pick)
I make now new project, but it will be done with time, ty for ideas
-please add some items/skills that reduce magic dmg/create a magic shell....those creeps t wave 16-19 are just pissing me off >_<
I know, but game is created for team play, single player is only used for test and learning! 1 hero can have 7 spells, but 3 heroes can have 7+7+7 (aura will increase friendly hero dmg, armor, as, ms ... if u know what I mean)2+2+2(auras that left for 2th hero)+5+7 active abilities of 2th and 3thhero)=39 max abilities

Level 15
I am here to report a bug and let you know of my suggestions.

Bugs
I found out that when you remake, the spawns will screw up, meaning it spawns level 3 monsters instead of level 1, sometimes the level even when random.

Balancing
I think you should make the unique ability for the hero so that every hero gets improvement every 6 levels. E.G: Evasion from demon hunter does not improve, stays at constant 50% evasion, which is lame (truth)

Suggestions
Add hotkeys(I don't know what is preventing you to. I think you can do unique hotkeys so that they won't crash, it will be a whole lot easier to cast and spam spells with hotkeys!

Overview
Rise of Heroes is a fun and interactive hero defence game, players play as a team to defend their ancient from waves of oncoming monsters trying to destroy it, the team that succeed in outlasting the other wins.

Each player play as a hero chosen from tarverns who then proceeds to pick their own set of abilities, since aura does not stack, social and teamwork is needed to ensure the correct set of abilities.

Players are awarded gold as they kill monsters and they can choose to buy powerful items to combinate with their abilities.

Boss rounds are powerful and exciting, not to mention the normal monsters are already kicking some ass. Making this game very replayable as you have to learn all the item fuses and what to buy, when to buy, forcing a challenge in every match. The massive monster that spawns from many sides are on their way to trap you, players are therefore required to dodge monsters from surrounding else an instant death.

Ratings and Opinions
I had fun playing single player, nowadays players don't play new maps, so it is very hard to host it for them to 'join'. As you know single player does not allow you to finish the game because the other team will always die before you.
Anyways I am just printing this ratings and not rating on the hive because I only got 1 vote, tell me when it's the right time to vote but for the time being, I will give this:

Ratings: 3.5/5

Bugs
I found out that when you remake, the spawns will screw up, meaning it spawns level 3 monsters instead of level 1, sometimes the level even when random.
Each time when i test map it works fine, but I noticed that when I compress map (protect) it has small bugs, i will fix this ofc!
Balancing
I think you should make the unique ability for the hero so that every hero gets improvement every 6 levels. E.G: Evasion from demon hunter does not improve, stays at constant 50% evasion, which is lame (truth)
I don't pay attention at all, it's good idea, i will improve that!
Suggestions
Add hotkeys(I don't know what is preventing you to. I think you can do unique hotkeys so that they won't crash, it will be a whole lot easier to cast and spam spells with hotkeys!
I was thinking this way: 12 hotkeys for abilities in only 1 shop, and I have 4, for now, = 48
I must then make at least 2 abilities with same hotkey :hohum:

Btw thanks dude!

Level 2
Ok, let's do a small review ;>

First of all - just make SP possible. All Hero Defenses and Survivals I've ever played have such an option, so why not this one?

Second thing - BE Assassin is too much OP. Too high stats maybe? And troll assassin, in comparison with BE, is too weak, even with agi-gain skill.

Third thing - Lich King (or whatever it calls - darkenss-thing-to-defense) has 3500 hp when Good Side-thing-to-defend only 2500 hp.

I can't find more because of lack of interest on BN. I found everything when playing on LAN with brother.

Ah. One more thing - play again button doesn't remove recent played wave. When I chose this option, last wave remained (11 if i remember it good).

Hi guys, I have 1 bad and 1 good thing to tell you and i don't know how to start :sad:
So here goes: I decided to stop working on Rise of Heroes
Why? Because that was my first greater map, triggers are fail, there is to many memory leaks to clean, object and import manager and like WTF + OMG together you know what i mean! :sad:
Good thing is that i started working on Rise of Heroes 2, o jea whole new game (I will kept only few elements from first part) Terrain is finished, I am working on spells and heroes now! What can i say wish me luck and I hope you will like that new defense game!

Link to map Development Forum and Rise of Heroes II

Last edited: