• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of Heroes II v2.5

185870-albums2859-picture34446.png
[tr][TD]

185870-albums2859-picture34441.png

Hello great spirits and welcome to our base called Jewel of the Moon!
This is place where all started and place where will all end!
Forces of Darkness come again to destory our holy home!
Pick your hero and Fight agains the Darkness, fight like never before, this night it time when all World hold a breath, this base is place where will Light or Darkness fall, RISE HEROES to fame and glory we all depends on you!

Author: -Kobas-
Game type: Defense
Players: 5 users + 1 computer vs 1 computer
Size: 96x96 (Playable 92x92)
Map size: 1.77 MB (1,863,680 bytes)
Map Version: 2.5
Current Progress: Update number 15

MAP ISN'T PROTECTED

Click to go to right forum
185870-albums2859-picture34435.png

Let me show you basic map setup and some in game commands!
You can see in my map:

1. Different Game Modes
  2. Ability Show System
  3. Damage Show System
  4. Custom Item Level Up System
  5. Custom ability system
  6. Custom Camera System
  7. Good Terrain
  8. Nice team play, each hero has differnet skills for different enemies

185870-albums2859-picture34438.png

Rocky (Mountain Giant)
Leyla (Lightning Archer)
Omaga (Nature Druid)
Un'shalah (Shadow Assassin)
Kael the Wrathbringer (Warrior Druid)
Shalis Darkhunter (Warden)
Skar (Silencer)

185870-albums2859-picture34439.png

185870-albums2859-picture34433.png

"XIII update"(Map Version 2.4) Date: 01.10.2010.

-Updated Loading Screen
-Fixed Ability: Roar, Slam, Starfall
-Fixed wave counter system
-Aded Random Events
-Added New Shop
-Reduced Armor Reduction
-Reduced mana regeneration
-6 new items
-3 recipes
-Increased monster base damage by 10
-Fixed few bugs

185870-albums2859-picture34444.png

If you want to help me to improve this map, post your comment here as well!
Rise of Heroes II - Idea Factory

or check Official map site
I post there everything what I need!
Thanks

185870-albums2859-picture34434.png

Special Thanks to:

# Skar
# ApherazLucent

Resources:
- Icons:
# GooS
# D3ath

- Skins:
# D3ath
- Models:
# WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- Systems/Abilities:
# Caedrus
# Klingo
# The_Flood!

Else:
# The_Mirai
# Vengeancekael

[/TD][/tr]

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Hero, Heroes, Defense, Survival, Night Elf, Night, Darkness, Monsters, War, Battle, Ancient, Ancients, -Kobas-
Contents

Rise of Heroes II v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
19:34, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: re-moderating with rating and review Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:39:16 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints...
Level 6
Hero selection island is confusing.
There are normal units standing near heroes and there is even one hero that can't be seen from a tree.

You should remove those terrible str/agi/int items and recipes (the whole shop)
Use upgraded items for all since you started it but give each level of item a different icon.

Great icons for this can be found in UPGRADES section of WE.
Just look for any armor/weapon upgrade with three levels.
Example1:
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLeatherUpgradeOne.blp
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLeatherUpgradeTwo.blp
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLeatherUpgradeThree.blp

Example2:
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSteelMelee.blp
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNThoriumMelee.blp
  • ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNArcaniteMelee.blp

Also your map lags terribly because you spawn creeps in a timer.
This also makes lots of creeps stuck and not moving, because when you have more than 200 units attack orders get ignored sometimes.

To fix this make each of your creep units use 1 food, than before spawning new units check if total food used by computer player is greater than 100.
This way your game will never lag.

EDIT:
Btw, Rise of Heroes is a terrible name.
Night Elf Hero Defense would be better.

Level 1
Great map! just some skill bug fixes and scaling to be done most already mentioned in the thread

Its a really great map hope you update it some time soon

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hello -Kobas-, I know I'm replying very late to your map, Rise of Heroes II, but I have to say, I quite like it. I'm a fan of nearly all your maps (with the exception of the doodad maps because of the fact that I'm not a terrainer). In Rise of Heroes II, the players choose a hero, buy items, and then defend the Night Elf base from hordes of enemies. I liked all of your heroes, they had great backstories and descriptions, and they had decent looking abilities that weren't all customized warcraft 3 spells, but the heroes weren't all balanced. Skar had no attribute bonus ability, a nearly useless Silence Ability, and his Dispel Magic Ability seemed pretty useless too. Omaga's Summon Treant ability seemed to summon useless treants after level 3. At first he had treants with 100 damage, but then he had treants with 15-17. The game also seemed biased towards ranged agility heroes. The melee heroes, although they could somewhat tank the enemies, the bosses shredded them in 3 seconds, and the agility heroes could just sit back while the night elves took the damage. The bosses never seemed to target the ranged heroes unless they got very close. That brings me to another point, the bosses. Although I think the bosses are sort of cool, they had no "eye candy" spells, and other than the occasional weak spell, they were just juggernauts. Extreme hp, extreme damage, extreme attack speed. That's pretty much the lowest form of boss making! "I want this unit to be a boss, so he has to have more health and damage than the heroes fighting it!" I don't like those kind of bosses. They're boring. Although your bosses weren't the five minute bosses (the ones where you send in your permastun hero and afk while he bashes the boss to oblivion), they still weren't good. I'd recommend reducing the damage and the attack rate - heavily. Give them more eye candy spells, especially dodgeable ones. No one likes a tracking firebolt! I'd also like to comment on your Bandit Lord boss. To me, he seems undefeatable. His Divine Shield has too long of a duration, and too short of a cooldown. He also has way too much damage and way too much health for a boss with divine shield. Nerf that ability! Onto the gameplay. I like how the player can kill hordes of monsters and how he or she gets Inner Power for every monster killed. It was quite a nice touch. I also love the random drops, such as the increased exp rate and how the gold amounts were randomized for the items Gold and Treasure. However, the player couldn't pick up the items if he or she has a full inventory. Another thing I suggest is increasing the time between waves. Players barely have enough time to rest and shop between the waves, and no time at all on the boss waves due to the fact that EVERYONE has to focus on the boss to prevent it from annihilating four or more ancient protectors. This makes for a huge creep pileup. You also seemed to have very little area of effect damage spells, and the spells often do not have enough power to take out huge creep masses, rather reduce them to 1/8 health or more. Since the spells seem to have such a long cooldown, give them more damage! Now, the items. You don't seem to have very many items for a hero defense game, but the upgradable items are cool. However, I'd still like more items. You should also reduce the cost of potions. Although they are very useful, it is impossible to save up for the permanent items because your potion stocks are exhausted so quickly. And in the end, the permanent items beat the potions because permanent items don't constantly drain your money (or force you to go back and shop). Your terrain is stunning, with great use of doodads and height, but the players only see half of it. You restrict the bottom of the map from the heroes, and the western part has no use, other than to see the -Kobas- hero and annoy him. I like how you made so many different responses for him, but I think the responses were kind of unnecessary. As far as I can see, there is no other reason to go to that side of the map. Maybe the player could find potions or do optional boss fights on that side? Other things I liked about your game were the loading screen, the respawning allies, the adjusting difficulty, the many different types of enemies, and the regrowing trees.
I'm pretty sure you aren't continuing this map, but if you are, could you do something about the bugs and maybe implement my suggestions? One last thing I suggest is to make the game easier. I think it is way too hard.
I really liked your map -Kobas-. Although it isn't perfect, I really liked it and I hope you improve it.
I give you a
5/5
EDIT: I'm curious, how much time have you spent on this map?

Thank you for your time.

Dunno from where to start, map is really old, I was just terrainer back then, so everything
else isn't so great. All triggers are bad and slow, and converting everything into vjass is
just waste of time, maybe if somehow I found out that players host it constantly on web I
decide to continue. I worked almost 6 months on it if I remember right :)