1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

RiflemanElite

Submitted by TurieL
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Rifleman Elite v1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of them as dwarven special forces - extremely skilled warriors trained to battle in both ranged and close combat, on any terrain and in any weather conditions. They are veterans of many wars and battles, most of them played key roles in defence of Dun Morgoth during the Second War. Elite Riflemen squads count up to 5 members, every one of them has a special squad insignia (the one presented here is a Hammer Squad member). They use modified Blunder Buss rifles with sniper scopes and bayonets, a deadly weapon for all occasions, and gnomish fragmentation grenades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walkspeed for this unit is: 240.

If you want the rifleman to attack with rifle animation only turn on only 1st attck.
If you want him to attack melee only - turn only 2nd attack.
Unfortunately - it is NOT possible for this unit to ranged attack units that are far
away and then melee attack them when they get close - because both (1st and 2nd) attacks use the same minimum range, so you must choose the attack you want, folks (well, you can also set the ranged attack to harm only air units and groud attack to damage land ones - but it's not to funny).

If you have questions about this model - mail me: turiel@o2.pl

Have fun. =]

TurieL

Keywords:
rifleman gun elite
Contents

RiflemanElite (Model)

RiflemanElite (Model)

Reviews
20:44, 1st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: I can't believe this model hasn't a model moderate review. Director's cut for it's awesome usage of animations, and the quality of the model itself is great
  1. Narandza

Narandza

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ET ftw!

2. lollol123

lollol123

Resources:
    Resources:
    4.5/5 :D...

Nothing against the model (it's one of the best Wc3 Models I have ever seen), but the file size is large.

3. DanThanh

DanThanh

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No doubt about it's quality, however 800k+ for a model is too expensive !

4. Reedoxx

Reedoxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    HUGE FILE SIZE DUDE!!!! Ain't gonna use that!

5. best_player

best_player

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow nice model I use it! 5/5.
    Which voice you think will be the best for it? I think archmage's voice is snob but not confident enought

Maybe Peon sound? he sounds different when have this body.

"I am not this kind of orc" FTW

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. Antisoul

Antisoul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yikes, amazing! I usually am just a lurker here for the tuts and resources (not quite skilled enough to really participate. Well that and I thought the site was dead.) But this model is top notch stuff, excellent job good sir I do say you are a genius a gentleman and a scholar!

7. Pauliester

Pauliester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wonderful

This is an awesome model. Although when ever i try to use in game i can only see the model. Can anyone help me?

8. sadvisor

sadvisor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would never waste almost 1 MB for such model. I really don't see any difference between the default warcraft III rifleman, and this one.

To be decent, this model should have max 70 KB.

Not to mention the fact that it's a DC. Why is that model a DC, it's a fucking mystery, I swear!

9. night...fade

night...fade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omfg you are the best this is the best model ever omfg this is incredeble this may go in my loap as the police hero to much thanks (yeah i'm pretty exited of this model bus its incredible) still working dude ;d you could make that the spell animation throws sth like a granade anyway very good

10. Danxy

Danxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    u should make a animation for stabing :D

11. Spoontoobig

Spoontoobig

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ou MAI GAD !!! YOU JUST LOOK AT THAT!!! DUUUUUUUDE the file size is near 1mb !!! damn.... BTW this one is aaaaaaaawesome :)

12. Spoontoobig

Spoontoobig

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Luv... !!! <3 5/5 Credits are given.

13. Chaotic-Wolf

Chaotic-Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sooooo freakin cool but 800 KB o_O

14. Scippi

Scippi

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome model, it's so detailed and amazingly animated 5.5/5

15. vicky frosmoure2

vicky frosmoure2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Like This Model

16. GacusS

GacusS

Resources:
    Resources:
    sweet.. can i use ur model in my map?? :D

17. Mr. Psycho

Mr. Psycho

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow... Just... WOW!!! That's the most awesome dwarf yet.

18. KatsuyaHyao

KatsuyaHyao

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't you solve the problem by putting a skill and a trigger that turn him into an identical unit that has bayonet enabled? Zombie Survival does it with their equipment system, and I don't see the problem with doing it here. Just set a skill called say, Bayonet Stance and then set up a trigger that will replace him with an identical unit with bayonet enabled. This solution, however, does not work with hero maps.
    Oh, and also, Best. Dwarf. EVER. You are god. 10/5

19. willyvereb

willyvereb

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like this but due to some reason I can't make it work. Something is wrong with the mdx file or so it seems. Both the model and portrait has the same problem. I guess it's just a weird hijinks of my World Editor.
    Well, I am new to this so maybe I did something wrong. I imported other models just fine though. I am using the latest patch. Could that be a problem?

EDIT: Solved. Now it works. The file is quite large but it's excellent overall. I especially like bolt-action ejection you made.
    Great model. 5/5

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  20. MrStonefist

MrStonefist

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll use them as Elite Marines in a new map.

This model is awesome:thumbs_up: