1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rifleman.blp

Submitted by shinji
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is my first skin. Feel free to rate and comment.

Also, don't forget to give credits when used.

Keywords:
marine, camo, woods, hide
Contents

Marine (Texture)

Reviews
19:37, 8th Jun 2012 67chrome: WC3 models are small enough that in-game shading doesn't go a long way to make them look 3D, you have to accomplish the feel through adding shading and highlights on the skin wrapped onto it. As this has no shading, you...
  1. 19:37, 8th Jun 2012
    67chrome: WC3 models are small enough that in-game shading doesn't go a long way to make them look 3D, you have to accomplish the feel through adding shading and highlights on the skin wrapped onto it. As this has no shading, you really need to work on adding some XD. In all it's not a bad start, but this skin is so underdeveloped I'm going to have to reject it.

I'd strongly recommend you check out the 2D art tutorials on this site (they cover techniques for creating skins and icons, and are listed under the tutorials section on the top of the page). They do a pretty good job at pointing out the free tools available to you to skin and how to use them (I'd guess you used MS Paint to make this, which is a painfully limited art program. GIMP is free and allows you to create skins and icons at the same level of many of the in-game resources from WC3).

For now you seem to have a lot of room to improve, I'd recommend on getting feedback in the 2D art forums for your work for now as well until you get more comfortable using tools like GIMP and WC3 Viewer.

2. shinji

shinji

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    subscribing. Feel free to rate and comment.

3. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You used paint, right? -_-

4. shinji

shinji

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sorry. I'm a noob.... I painted it.

5. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At least you got the point in how textures work, but a texture without shadings or better quality would never be accepted in any where.

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its kinda uhhm, odd for a warcraft 3 map, lacks of shading, etc etc. But what can you expect on paint right? Anyway its a good try specially that you used paint, try to get photoshop or GIMP <- Its free!

7. shinji

shinji

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I didn't know that painting was bad...

Anyways, thank you for appreciating my work.

I used irfan view. Any good way to add shadings?

EDIT: How is the camo uniform? Does it look good?