• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ridding a hero of "Patrol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm almost certain that there is no way to remove patrol. This is because all the move commands are attached to the ability move. If you remove this ability, you remove all of the move commands.

Level 8
On DBZ Supreme RPG Patrol was replaced by I think it was either Revert or Transform, so I think there is a way to get rid of it...Or change it atleast...

Level 11
You can change icon/text. This can be done in Advance --> Game Interface
However I still have never seen anyone remove it.

Level 9
Attack can be removed unit-type by unit-type
in the object editor, in the unit-types, there is this field to set to false :
Fight - Attack 1 - Show UI (direct french translation)

Then, use the attack command's texts and icons for patrol and create 2 triggers wich do
"a unit is issued to patrol point/object > issue triggering unit to attack target point/object"

(to replace the patrol's texts, extract Units\CommandFunc.txt and Units\CommandStrings.txt from War3Patch.mpq, edit what you need to change, import these files in your map and repath them to make them overwrite the mpq's ones)

Level 11
Personally, I wouldn't do that because it tends to mess up the next game you play. Its true it works, but it works so well it effects both the current game, and the next one. (sometimes) I've had that happen many different times.

But besides that small downfall, that method works great!

Level 9
Personally, I wouldn't do that because it tends to mess up the next game you play. Its true it works, but it works so well it effects both the current game, and the next one. (sometimes) I've had that happen many different times.
I've never had that happen...
What exactly is the "that" i had underline?
the file import i guess... is it that "that"?

Level 9
I made a tutorial about it here

Now go extract ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAttack.blp from the MPQ and import it into your map as ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPatrol.blp
You can simply change the patrol's icon's path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAttack.blp in the game interface instead of import some useless bytes ;)

and i also found something funny in your tut :
How to get rid of Patrol
Disadvantages
- You cannot use patrol anymore
You sould remove this "disavantage", that's the aim ^^

Level 11
This is kind of off-topic but the disadvantage is you cannot use a triggered order to patrol anymore which can be useful. What would be the ideal solutions is to remove it from the command card, but still be ordered.

Level 9
This is kind of off-topic but the disadvantage is you cannot use a triggered order to patrol anymore which can be useful.
Ok, i wasn't thinking about this
anyway, patrol can be simulate with multiple move orders

there is probably an other file in the mpq to edit to really remove useless command button, but i guess this file is more complex than a simple txt file...

Level 9
i've already see mods with an other interface (i don't mean graphical)
and the exe looks like a simple launcher, and i don't see any other file where it could be (except in the .dll, but it would be really unprofessionnal to put it in one of them), so that's should be in the mpq
now, it can be an "unreadable" file like a binary one, of course nobody can find this kind of information in these kinds of file, nobody but someone who already know the file mapping (means the use of each byte of the file) like the devs who has worked on the game...

"invisible" isn't the same than "away"

Status
Not open for further replies.