Rexxar with fixed animations

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Deleted his unused attack-2 and gave him beastmaster's attack-2 (basically, now he attacks with both his left and right axe).
Thanks to @EmirDaud for pointing it out.

To replace the file:
import it to: units\other\rexxar\rexxar.mdx
or
save it under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\_retail_\units\other\rexxar\rexxar.mdx

Disclaimer: While the loincloth still clips a bit, it's better than what is seen in the gif. I just realised it after posting the gif, and it's a minimal change to bother making another video

UPDATE: Fixed the weird floaty axe thingy between animations.
Contents

Rexxar with fixed animations (Model)

Level 1
this, does put a smile on my face. now i can actually play the rexxar reforged campaign
thank you again sir!

It is buggy in game on this second attack animation. The axes fly out of hands and back again when he finishes attack animation and switches to the attack 1 or stand ready.
Yup, thanks for pointing it out! The issue is now fixed

Level 4
Hei guys. Question regarding the location of the files.
It seems that after I did my intalation of the game.I oppened it and play a game to be sure.
When I tried to go to the location of my \Warcraft III\retail\ there are no other folders like units, etc.
What am I missing?
I mean i did not installed my game in the C: folder mine is on the E: it has the \Warcraft III\retail\ folders but nothing else
1638275436438.png

Only in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\ there is nothing

After i use the mod Quenching they appear in the Warcraft folder were the game is added but is that ok?

Hei guys. Question regarding the location of the files.
It seems that after I did my intalation of the game.I oppened it and play a game to be sure.
When I tried to go to the location of my \Warcraft III\retail\ there are no other folders like units, etc.
What am I missing?
I mean i did not installed my game in the C: folder mine is on the E: it has the \Warcraft III\retail\ folders but nothing else View attachment 390946
Only in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\ there is nothing

After i use the mod Quenching they appear in the Warcraft folder were the game is added but is that ok?
If you don't have the files (when you don't have quenching, for example), it is safe to create them. The game recognises the local folders and overrides the model. If you delete it afterwards, the game remembers the old model as well.

Level 4
To be sure I create the folders models where I installed the game right? Not in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\

To be sure I create the folders models where I installed the game right? Not in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\
Yeah, in your case it'd be something like
E:\Jocuri\Battle.net\Warcraft III\retail\units\other\rexxar\rexxar.mdx

Long story short, you have to open retail and create a folder named units. Inside that, a folder named other. Inside, another named rexxar. In that folder, you have to save this model.

If for some reason you prefer the old version, you just have to delete this model and the game automatically sets the old rexxar.

Level 11
Is this supposed to work when you check the animation via "Test Map" in the editor?

As Fireaxe64 wrote, I didn't have the folders. So I created the following path:
E:\Programme\Warcraft III\retail\units\other\rexxar

... and then pasted your model into it. But when "testing" the map, the unit with the Rexxar model still only uses the left attack.

1638366733566.png

Level 4
Hei. I decided to use Quenching because it creates all the folders I need. I used all the fixed models that are uploaded on Hive until now and all worked in the game and editor
Regarding rexxar's attack I mean you need to let him attack more times right? I uses attack like attack 1 2 with right hand or left hand then changes to the other hand. Before he only attacked with his left

Level 11
it's really weird. I also installed Quenching for it to install the folders. Then I copied in your mdx and it worked.

But I didnt like the look of Quenching, so I uninstalled again, created the same folders again and copied the model in. Didn't work anymore... If anyone else has the same issue and fixed it somehow, let me please know.

Level 3
@Mr Ogre man

Is there any chance you could take a look at a few other models that were neglected when it comes to animations? Grom Hellscream (Possessed) would be the easiest fix, as his model is missing an attack animation that can be copied over from the standard Grom Hellscream model.

Human Campaign Units:

Swordsman (Thalassian)

• Stand 1, 2 and 4 are completely identical. Attack 1 and 2 are completely identical. I think one of the other Blood Elf models (Lieutenant?) has the proper animations? If I'm incorrect, perhaps some Footman animations could be used here?

Anasterian Sunstrider and Thalorien Dawnseeker

• These two units have one Attack Spell animation and that’s it, aside from a walk animation, standing animations and a death animation. I wonder if there are any other animations that could be copied over from other units?

Arthas (wielding Frostmourne)

• Attack 1 and Attack 2 used to be different in Classic. For Arthas' Reforged model, attack 1 and 2 are identical. I'm not sure if a second attack animation can be copied over from another unit.

Dagren the Orcslayer and the rest of the new Paladins

• Attack 1 and Attack 2 are identical for all of them. Not sure if other attack animations could be used.

Orc Campaign Units

Mathog, Slave Master & Orc Warchief

• Attack 1 and Attack 2 are identical. Stand 1, 2 and 3 are all identical.

Gar’thok

• 3 stand animations and, of course, they’re all completely identical. However, I believe a fixed version of Gar'thok has already been submitted on the Hive.

Chen Stormstout, Rexxar & Grom Hellscream (Possessed)

• Attack 1 was copied and pasted over to Attack 2. You have already fixed Rexxar. Grom Hellscream (Possessed) can use the other attack animation from the standard Grom Hellscream.

Undead Melee Units

Crypt Lord

• The Attack 1 animation was merely copied and pasted to the Attack 2 animation. Not sure if a second animation exists.
Infernal

• This unit has two attack animations, though they both only make use of one of the Infernal's arms. I think the attack ready animation of the infernal is symmetric enough to warrant mirroring the two pre-existing attack animations and adding them to its attack animation pool?

Undead Campaign Units

All Pit Lords

• All of the Attack 2 animations, for each Pit Lord respectively, were copied and pasted to fill the Attack 3 slots (or Attack 1 and Attack 3 in the case of Magtheridon). Not sure if you could mix and match animations from all of the Pit Lords.

Detheroc

• The Attack 1 animation was copied and pasted to Attack 2. Not sure if you could use the other Dreadlord attack animations due to Detheroc's unique model.

Night Elf Melee Units

Druid of the Talon

• Attack 1 was copied to Attack 2.

Warden (and Maiev)

Ancient Buildings (Uprooted)

• All of the uprooted Ancient buildings (minus the main structure) have had their Attack 1 animation merely copied to fill the Attack 2 animation slot.

Ghost (Keeper of the Grove)

Malfurion (all variants)

Neutral Units

Forest Troll Berserkers (and others with axes)

• The stand 1 animation was copied and pasted to fill the other stand animation slots. Spell -Berserk / Buff animation removed.

Forest Troll Priest (and variants)

• The stand 1 animation was copied and pasted to fill the other stand animation slots.

Centaur Khan

• Attack 1 animation was copied to Attack 2.

Pandaren Brewmaster

Giant Skeleton Warrior

Furbolgs

• Some Furbolgs have two Attack Spell animation slots, but Blizzard copied and pasted them.

Dragonspawns

Ancient Wendigo

• While all of the other Wendigo units have a roar-like Attack Spell Slam animation, the Ancient Wendigo uses its Attack 1 animation for its Attack Spell Slam animation.

Sea Giant Behemoth

• The Sea Giant and Sea Giant Hunter have two attack animations, yet the Sea Giant Behemoth only has one for whatever reason.

Skeletal Orcs

• Attack 1 animation copied to Attack 2.

Level 4
it's really weird. I also installed Quenching for it to install the folders. Then I copied in your mdx and it worked.

But I didnt like the look of Quenching, so I uninstalled again, created the same folders again and copied the model in. Didn't work anymore... If anyone else has the same issue and fixed it somehow, let me please know.
You can keep quenching just for the folders also but disable all the changes that you do not like and the game will look as before. This can be as a workaround