1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Revenge of Mal'Ganis Ch.1 (v1.0)

Submitted by Quinten, Zenonoth
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Zenonoth & Sapprine Presents

[​IMG]
Zenonoth, Sapprine (also known as Quinten)
[This map ONLY WORKS with Reforged WC3 and is incompatible with any other versions]

Official Map Development Page

"Revenge of Mal'Ganis reforged is a remake and an enhanced version of the original Revenge of Mal'Ganis meant for the original past WC3, it is posted in the form of several maps meant to provide several unique features such as multiplayer co-oop and various difficulties"

Please remember that you can always:
  • You have the full privileges to translate the map into any language/gameplay version you want. It would be nice if you mention me, Sapprine, Blizzard Entertainment in your credits list.
  • You may send screenshots of your gameplay experience and I will gladly post them and give you the appropriate credits
  • You could send a replay file of your gameplay and I will upload it on youtube to record your achievements.
=========
Known Issues
=========

1. Some ingame text messages appear not separated by spaces as intended due to a Reforged issue.
  2. Random disconnections may also occur due to problems with reforged hosting.
  3. Music overlays may occur at sometimes due to a reforged music playlist error.

Story

[​IMG]
After his defeat in Northrend at the hands of Prince Arthas Menethil; Mal'Ganis eventually survives his presumed murder, and plans for revenge against Arthas (Now the champion of the Lich King) and the Lich King himself, the malefic Dreadlord is far from beaten and his burning masters won't tolerate another failure!

Features

[​IMG]
- 2 Player Co-op mode ( You can choose to play the map as singleplayer or with a friend! )
- 3 Difficulties ( Easy, Normal, Hard ) .. Each with unique additions!
- Challenge Mode ( A time-limit to beat! )
- Voice acting
- Skippable Cinematics
- AI

Screenshots

[​IMG]
View

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Videos

[​IMG]

Project Signature

[​IMG]

Credits

[​IMG]
- Arthas by Bob from the guild ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuWS... )
- Marwyn by Ripjaw ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-k9... )
- Xink by darskovia ( https://twitter.com/darskovia )
- Anub'arak by ArthurD2 ( D2 on Air )

Contents

Revenge of Mal'Ganis Ch.1 (v1.2) (Map)

1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    view

[15/2/2020] Version 1.0 announced, map posted on Hive.
    [17/2/2020] Version 1.1 announced.
    [21/2/2020] Version 1.2 announced.

[17/2/2020] VERSION 1.2 UPDATE DETAILS & HOTFIXES..

- Fixed most of Mal'Ganis' spell icons.
    - Fixed Murloc Sorcerer's name.
    - Fixed Murloc Sorcerer's elite mode spells.
    - Fixed Sarathstra's spells.
    - Fixed Sarathstra's targeting height.
    - Fixed Tichondrius cinematic glitch.
    - Fixed final cinematic fade out.
    - Fixed camera fixation on Ice Troll Colossus.
    - Anub'arak's skeleton(s)' summons fixed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM
  2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can I ask what you mean by "Only compatible with Reforged and no other version" means?

You referring to 1.32, or Reforged itself?

If Reforged itself, does this mean you are using some kind of doodad or model that does not have an equivalent in classic Wc3? (I do not quite understand what it means by a map can only be played with Reforged).

3. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It requires reforged to be played as it's only using most of it's HD assets + newly added implementations that won't function on normal WC3 versions.

4. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If it is just HD assets, then it can be played on classic, unless I am mistaken? Only a few models do not have classic equivalents, like some doodads from the campaign, especially city doodads.

And what implementations are you referring to? Classic + Reforged are the same in terms of world editor features.

Edit: It is possible to force Reforged by making it a requirement in the options setting of World Editor, but I am guessing you were not referring to that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My favorite campaign maker is back!

6. Herod

Herod

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map, only few isses "I heed the voice of frostmourne", lighting unable to cast himself?

7. TheGamerEdgaras12

TheGamerEdgaras12

Resources:
    Resources:
    You cant add custom campaign into reforged?

8. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maps are uploaded separately, this is ch. 1 for instance.

This is as to provide co-oop experience.

9. Fyo

Fyo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Love Cheese

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hopefully grouped in one thread.

By the way, you're still advertising the Dark Below in your signature.

[​IMG]

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From looking at the "Preview Trigger" function, there seems to not be a save/load system.
    Can I recommend you using this one:
    Save System for Matt/Russian | HIVE
    Really easy to use, just need to import it then set the spells to the corresponding trigger, and it is finished. For missions where the 2nd hero changes from one hero to another, you can still use the system, but the previous mission's second hero can just be used to load the items from the previous mission, then you can move the items in his/her inventory out of that previous hero and delete it.

12. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Version 1.1 announced on 17/2/2020 check above!

Also thanks @tulee I'll be certain to implement it as soon as possible in this chapter's newer versions and all upcoming chapters in the future!

- EDIT [19/2/2020]: Changed the map's category to RPG from Campaign as it's illegal to name a single map posted as a campaign and I intend to post every chapter separately.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 2:08 PM
  13. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think Co-Op already serves the map type quite well :D

Anyway, a nitpick from the video (since I don't have Reforged): why you prefer to use Arthas slash animation instead of the new stab animation? Just curious.