1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Revenge of Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Zylvanness, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, well ive decided to take a short break from this map, but dont worry! im going to create 2 cinematics for it instead. one as a prologue, kinda showing Diablo being resummoned and another one to be a trailer for the map. im coming along quite good with the trailer, and im reli looking forward to making the prologue cinematic so the trailer should be done in a few days i would think, but i'll release the prologue first which i am yet to start. i wil also release these cinematics to youtube which i shall make a NEW account for as old account a complete fail, plus has wrong email adress. i reckon the youtube version shall be slightly longer for the cinematics as i'll add certain effects and slides which i can't do in War3. thanks for feedback, all of the above problems / suggestions everyone has said i will work on. thanks.

2. Shock.Game

Shock.Game

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just remember , dont work at to many things at the same time

3. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    aha dont worry, im not im focusing on one thing at a time, just need a break from that mapping cus its kinda frustrating when things go wrong lol. but the cenematics are coming along beautfully i personally think. and about the testing, and what other people have sed about making it easier for 1player. this map is being made to be a 2-player map, not 1 player so it's got to be hard enough that one person CANNOT do it. but yeah if u can find someone els to test it with you?

4. Shock.Game

Shock.Game

Resources:
    Resources:
    kinda diffeculd when i cant host at battle.net :( <.<

5. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm i serpose you have a torrented version? soz bout that then if so, also from above, how do u lock camera to the character?

6. Eldubs

Eldubs

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please dont lock, people hate it.

7. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm i'll probably leave the locking part, dunno how to do it and to be honest i dont reli like it :p well the trailer for the this map is almost done, but i shall finish it and make it better hopefully once ive finished the prologue cinematic which is like.... early stages.

8. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay time to update! i got held back a lil by some coursework and an exam but ive got free time back YAY. the cinematic prologue is amongth completion, ive jsut go to finish the end of the triggers for cameras etc and i'll then just touch it up and stuff, then i'll release it here and slightly edited version onto youtube hopefully if it doesn't upload slow as usual ¬_¬. i will then hopefully finish the Trailer for this map and i'll release it in the same way around maybe a week after the prologue. as for the map about 50% as the terraining and triggers will take up most of the other 50%. im going to try out my skills and try to make the later bosses good. i will add some idea's for boss's at top in descripton. ty for feedback so far

p.s. i will attach newer half completed version once ive released the trailer( or around that time) so keep waiting :p prologue should hopefully be done within the end of the month, if not. take my cyber cookies from me :( :p.

9. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If you havnt already updated your terrain, have a look at how CloudWould terrains, that Might help you out a bit.

Tips if not known:
    Ctrl+ Page up will raises doodads
    Ctrl+ Page down will lower doodads
    Ctrl+ Left Click Rotates doodads/units
    Ctrl+ Right Click adjusts camera angle

If you need any explanations of anything just PM me and I can help you out.

10. biHmapmaker

biHmapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, this is my "review" for this map :

[+] Models are fine

[-]

• effect
      • Events
        • Unit - Corpsefire(Zombie) 0018 <gen> Dies
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • -------- effect before spawn --------
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of centre of CorseF <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
        • Wait 3.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of corspeF summon left <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpeF summon bottom <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpseF summon top 1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpeF summon top 2 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Wait 3.00 seconds
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

There's no need to use wait in that. Special effect will play animation til end no matther if there's Destroy action there (destroy is there just because of trigger's leakless).

[-] Terrain is really bad ... Lot of doddoas without purpose in the place they are placed.
    [-] Triggering looks really messy, and bad.
    [-] Still need some balance
    [-] Spells ...
    [-] No DISBNT icons ..
    [-] Music isn't compresed ...

First of all, fix those spells mate because nobody will play map if there are just orginal Blizzard spells. Second, get rid of that soundtrack. Then, fix that terrain, make triggering much better and balance units more.

Also, I didn't see any Credits, so please fix that.

GL in future work.

11. Shock.Game

Shock.Game

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow nice review bihmapmaker but maybe tell him how to improve and fix some triggers :)?

12. biHmapmaker

biHmapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I already told him for one. Triggering isn't wrong, but it's just ... messy ... bad, I don't really know how to express my self ... I hope you understand me. However, triggering is the smallest problem in this map, first of all he needs to create hero abilities and terrain, triggering is easiest part of map making if you ask me ...

13. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive already fixed the Terrain of the map and it looks better, i'll redo the pics and map file soon around time of Prologue release. Custom spells i was going to add in more or less towards completion of the map, i need some practise with them though or i'll get some suiting ones from here and thank creators on release. and ino the triggering is messy but it works for me, and where i have put -wait(secs) becouse i want the effects to happen one by one, not as same time.... may change it though to same...

No disbnt icons???? u mean custom ones? (as im sure i said at beggining :S im still inda new to some parts)

yeah im doing the credits towards completion of map, ive only attached half finished versions, im focusing on main parts( what i think are main parts) of the map at the moment.

i'm not going to get rid of the music which plays as map isn't too big to play but how do i compress it and still use it for background track?

tyvm for feedback again.

14. biHmapmaker

biHmapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    DISBNT icon - You have, for example, Barbarian icon, and it's ok. Press F10 and see that his icon is Green ... That's the DISBNT icon (disable icon) ... :)

15. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    ohhhh now i get it, yeah ive been meaning to check those out... how do they work? the green is rather anoying

16. biHmapmaker

biHmapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you have program on Hive called Button Maker. Download it, open, open icon, find Disable option, and save as BLP. Import in map, and change path to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\NameOfIcon.blp
    That's the job :)

17. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    ahh thankyou. i'll look into doing that soon, now doing prologue.. at mo think its about 60-70%.

P.S thanks everyone for their feedback, really helpful. will thank everyone on the release of map.... oh btw, once map has finished.. i beleive i then release it as beta version and then obviously update to make better, then finally upload last and offical version, when i do beta map i upload to where all the maps go right? and name it BETA?

18. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    right, ive uploaded my prologue to the map section under cinematics, please please pleaseeee watch and give me your feedback. tags to find it easier are Zylvanness, Revenge of Diablo II/2 and some other obviouse tags, if u can't find i'll post a link :p thanks again guys! now workin on the trailer which should be done by end of this month!

19. Zylvanness

Zylvanness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry about tripple posting now, been a while so thought no point in just editing a post which is completly old. I've finished all trailers and stuff now and im amongst completing the actual map, ive uplaoded new pics and the maps Picture/logo or whatever u call it to represent it, get that sorted on the actual map at some point. please i need ANYONE to import or create custom spells and to probably try and test it.. if possible if someone els would like to test it with me i can't host maps for some reason :S but yeah, all newer info on the actual description and images/printscreens.

p.s. newest map is uploaded too, bloodraven is fixed and it should be possible to get to Andarial, please be aware it is not finished and Andarial is no where near finished so i have no idea how she will turn out. there will be minor things that are out of place and stuff.

thanks guys.

20. greasontim

greasontim

Resources:
    Resources:
    well if this map is set to be multi-player than as long as it don't go too far over 8mb than after its protected it will be B.Net set.