• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revenge of Diablo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Revenge of Diablo Two!

This map is based on Act 1 from diablo 2, the basic idea of the map is that instead of Diablo 3, its Diablo 2 back for revenge hense the name. You will start outside the cloisters and you'll battle your way deeper and deeper untill you find the demon herself, Andarial, at the end of the map. Ive tried to vary the different themes such as the grassy outlands, the bloody cloisters and then another part which seems cooler (towards the Countess). I've attempted making them look as much like the original from Diablo 2 itself. As you've probably guesses the Bosses from Diablo 2 shall be in this map,(SPOILER ALERT!) I've included Corpsefire, Smith, Bloodraven, Griswold, Countess and Andarial.

The Bosses
Corpsefire is probably the easiest of all the bosses on the map (apart from Bashibosh who is as simple as saying hello), he's simply with a small group of undead which you must kill for experience books,once killed a trigger will awaken his group of undead beneath him for you to hack away at. :)

Bloodraven should be a rather fun boss to kill, she still stands in the Graveyard with her walking undead. Triggers should maker her an anoying boss, randomly running to parts of the Graveyard almost certainly pulling mobs of spawning undead.
P.S I think it is her damage which has not gone to scale and may cause a problem. (Trying to fix)

The Smith is the simplist of all the bosses on the map, and much greater health maximum. The only real threat of the Smith is that the mobs around him could challenge you if not dealt with before hand.

Griswold is just a simple hack and slash enemey surrounded by undead like he is in Tristram, look out for the summoning Altar, there may be something of use hidden there ;)

The Countess stands in a large room with glowing runes along with four of her Court mombers. The Countess shall warp out upon arrival and she'll leave you to deal with her court. once they're dead she'll warp back for you to hack at, she'll then warp back out again leaving 'Nightmares' behind for to kill. These monsters from hell i suspect will get on your nerves, small damage but LARGE health. Finally the Countess will warp back one last time for you to rightfully murder.

The Screenshots!!!

- Latest screenshots are attatched as thumbnails, please check 'em out.
Also uploaded the Games picture, finally!

CURRENT MAP ATTATCHED

- The current map attatched is the newest as of today ( 27/11/2010) /day/month/year.

- Current map is amongst completion, Andarials area is what ive added today(date above).

- Everything should work correctly, i havn't had chance to test out past Bloodraven yet for various reason like the badly leaking teleport trigger I had:p I have FIXED that problem and now you just walk over to her via bridge system.

- I recently added a new class, Demon Hunter. I havn't done much to that hero yet so i have changed the spells and ive only tweaked the stats.

IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE!

HELP
-Need someone to help out with custom spells cus I seem to be hopeless at it when it comes to making them and/or importing them :p:goblin_boom:

p.s. If u wanna help out then please post onto my profile or pm me.

Please coment leaving feedback, contructive critisism is accepted :p

Sorry about not updating recently! (23/02/11) I'm now redoing all the stats for monsters and fixing some triggers hopefully and then making some so that it is a ONE player map and when TWO players exist the map will change stats to TWO player.

HAVE FUN!

Attachments

• Revenge of Diablo 2.w3x
    8.5 MB · Views: 151
  • altar_of_pain.JPEG
    altar_of_pain.JPEG
    115.8 KB · Views: 652
  • andarials_gate.JPEG
    andarials_gate.JPEG
    133.4 KB · Views: 317
  • bashibosh.JPEG
    bashibosh.JPEG
    123.2 KB · Views: 294
  • bloodraven.JPEG
    bloodraven.JPEG
    106 KB · Views: 1,559
  • collapsing_dungeon.JPEG
    collapsing_dungeon.JPEG
    135.2 KB · Views: 567
  • corpsefire.JPEG
    corpsefire.JPEG
    107.7 KB · Views: 390
  • countess.JPEG
    countess.JPEG
    155 KB · Views: 1,066
  • countess_entrance.JPEG
    countess_entrance.JPEG
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 'fallen'_camp.JPEG
    'fallen'_camp.JPEG
    100.8 KB · Views: 531
  • griswold.JPEG
    griswold.JPEG
    155.4 KB · Views: 2,430
  • hero_select.JPEG
    hero_select.JPEG
    103 KB · Views: 272
  • loading_screen.JPEG
    loading_screen.JPEG
    122.5 KB · Views: 413
  • shop.JPEG
    shop.JPEG
    142.1 KB · Views: 335
  • portals.JPEG
    portals.JPEG
    144.4 KB · Views: 244
  • monastary.JPEG
    monastary.JPEG
    147.8 KB · Views: 235
  • looking_over_pond.JPEG
    looking_over_pond.JPEG
    118.6 KB · Views: 288
  • spiders.JPEG
    spiders.JPEG
    129.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Revenge of Diablo II finished Logo.png
    Revenge of Diablo II finished Logo.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7,213
Last edited:
Level 4
the terrain seems abit plain to me :/.... Ey why dont you just have some variation on the terrain and try to improve it abit :)!?

(im just telling, myself i ain't good at terraining either) Good Luck!

EDIT: Wow how did you manage to get that file size o_O?

Level 4
I just mean 17.25 MB!!! <---- Max size for wc3 multiplayer is 8 mb and this is like double o_O... so how did you get it THAT high?

Level 4
Yeh i bet your right but he should reduce the models heavily if he wants to have it multiplayer, also the terrain needs to be improved abit but else i will keep watching the progress of this :)

Level 4
i sorted out the giant size matter, there was a giant music file but ive goten rid of that and got another one on loop (Y) i will re-atach the newer smaller one soon, been ill so very slow progress a mo :/ im working on the terrain and getting better each time. thanks for the comments so far!

Level 4
okay guys now uploading the new improved map, it shouldn't freeze when u get to cave and the money system should be alrite. please leave feedback and i'll happilly take any suggestions into thought. btw... just INCASE u download before ive updated the old version freezes at cave for sure and i think some of the imps are friendly, newer version has NO friendly imps and shouldn't freeze at cave. ty again.

Level 4
Oh great gonna test it now btw you double posted use the edit button! ill soon post an review (Not a super good review as i suck at reviews but a okay one :p)

EDIT: Well you got some balancing to do there...! The terrain is pretty plain i suggest you use the raise and lower tool to create some cliffs and use the pitch and roll on stones... Spells could need some work as they are ONLY normal spells, make some customs this will make this game fun to play.... I played as a Monk but why does he got a ranged attack when he is supposed to be meele o_O? Also i opened the map in world editor.... Wow that music file does take ALOT of space! Btw the ally trigger can be done whitout a trigger go to Properties and so on. Last: You kinda spammed monsters wich took the fun out of it.... But ill give ya a 1/5-2/5 . Work and you'll get better :p!

Last edited:
Level 4
Dont double post use the EDIT button...gonna test it tonight, and I'll leave a comment/review...

I can help you with custom spells if you want...

EDIT:

also, the file size is too big, I suggest putting the custom models after...

The file size is huge becuse of a music file wich is 5500 kb

Level 29
@Shock.Game

Well, depends on your computer, suggested filesize should be under 4mb, since bigger than that cant be hosted on battle.net & it can load slower also...this map is in its early stage & it has a big filesize, how much more if 75% complete?

@Zylvanness

Map review & pointers:
1. Lock the camera to the unit
2. Make a town
3. Make enemy hit points lower OR your hero attack higher coz its very hard to do this in single player
4. Make some 'camera bounds' for the levels/areas & for sellecting the heroes
5. Make some 'cinematic skips'
6. Make keys to open the gates, make puzzles
7. Make some traps like fire trap, etc...

and many things to improve...

Level 4
@Shock.Game

Well, depends on your computer, suggested filesize should be under 4mb, since bigger than that cant be hosted on battle.net & it can load slower also...this map is in its early stage & it has a big filesize, how much more if 75% complete?

@Zylvanness

Map review & pointers:
1. Lock the camera to the unit
2. Make a town
3. Make enemy hit points lower OR your hero attack higher coz its very hard to do this in single player
4. Make some 'camera bounds' for the levels/areas & for sellecting the heroes
5. Make some 'cinematic skips'
6. Make keys to open the gates, make puzzles
7. Make some traps like fire trap, etc...

and many things to improve...

You're wrong there. The limit has been increased to 8 mb just try it if you would like it, but i know it :p!

Level 4
hmm i thought i got rid of the gigantic music file, i'll av another look soon. the custom spells i shall work on and spamming the monsters... i'll work on that too, probs is a bit much of em :p AH forgot about the leveling of terrain, ty for that. and as for the monks atack, i found that a while back and totally forgot about him i'll get that fixed a.s.a.p. thanks for feed back so far.

Level 4
Np if you want i can be a beta tester and test this for ya :)! Send me a private message when it's updated and ill take a look

Level 4
Hey guys, well ive decided to take a short break from this map, but dont worry! im going to create 2 cinematics for it instead. one as a prologue, kinda showing Diablo being resummoned and another one to be a trailer for the map. im coming along quite good with the trailer, and im reli looking forward to making the prologue cinematic so the trailer should be done in a few days i would think, but i'll release the prologue first which i am yet to start. i wil also release these cinematics to youtube which i shall make a NEW account for as old account a complete fail, plus has wrong email adress. i reckon the youtube version shall be slightly longer for the cinematics as i'll add certain effects and slides which i can't do in War3. thanks for feedback, all of the above problems / suggestions everyone has said i will work on. thanks.

Level 4
aha dont worry, im not im focusing on one thing at a time, just need a break from that mapping cus its kinda frustrating when things go wrong lol. but the cenematics are coming along beautfully i personally think. and about the testing, and what other people have sed about making it easier for 1player. this map is being made to be a 2-player map, not 1 player so it's got to be hard enough that one person CANNOT do it. but yeah if u can find someone els to test it with you?

Level 4
hmmm i'll probably leave the locking part, dunno how to do it and to be honest i dont reli like it :p well the trailer for the this map is almost done, but i shall finish it and make it better hopefully once ive finished the prologue cinematic which is like.... early stages.

Level 4
okay time to update! i got held back a lil by some coursework and an exam but ive got free time back YAY. the cinematic prologue is amongth completion, ive jsut go to finish the end of the triggers for cameras etc and i'll then just touch it up and stuff, then i'll release it here and slightly edited version onto youtube hopefully if it doesn't upload slow as usual ¬_¬. i will then hopefully finish the Trailer for this map and i'll release it in the same way around maybe a week after the prologue. as for the map about 50% as the terraining and triggers will take up most of the other 50%. im going to try out my skills and try to make the later bosses good. i will add some idea's for boss's at top in descripton. ty for feedback so far

p.s. i will attach newer half completed version once ive released the trailer( or around that time) so keep waiting :p prologue should hopefully be done within the end of the month, if not. take my cyber cookies from me :( :p.

If you havnt already updated your terrain, have a look at how CloudWould terrains, that Might help you out a bit.

Tips if not known:
Ctrl+ Page up will raises doodads
Ctrl+ Page down will lower doodads
Ctrl+ Left Click Rotates doodads/units
Ctrl+ Right Click adjusts camera angle

If you need any explanations of anything just PM me and I can help you out.

Level 7
Ok, this is my "review" for this map :

[+] Models are fine

[-]

• effect
    • Events
      • Unit - Corpsefire(Zombie) 0018 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- effect before spawn --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of centre of CorseF <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of corspeF summon left <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpeF summon bottom <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpseF summon top 1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of CorpeF summon top 2 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
There's no need to use wait in that. Special effect will play animation til end no matther if there's Destroy action there (destroy is there just because of trigger's leakless).

[-] Terrain is really bad ... Lot of doddoas without purpose in the place they are placed.
[-] Triggering looks really messy, and bad.
[-] Still need some balance
[-] Spells ...
[-] No DISBNT icons ..
[-] Music isn't compresed ...

First of all, fix those spells mate because nobody will play map if there are just orginal Blizzard spells. Second, get rid of that soundtrack. Then, fix that terrain, make triggering much better and balance units more.

Also, I didn't see any Credits, so please fix that.

GL in future work.

Level 7
Wow nice review bihmapmaker but maybe tell him how to improve and fix some triggers :)?

Well, I already told him for one. Triggering isn't wrong, but it's just ... messy ... bad, I don't really know how to express my self ... I hope you understand me. However, triggering is the smallest problem in this map, first of all he needs to create hero abilities and terrain, triggering is easiest part of map making if you ask me ...

Level 4
ive already fixed the Terrain of the map and it looks better, i'll redo the pics and map file soon around time of Prologue release. Custom spells i was going to add in more or less towards completion of the map, i need some practise with them though or i'll get some suiting ones from here and thank creators on release. and ino the triggering is messy but it works for me, and where i have put -wait(secs) becouse i want the effects to happen one by one, not as same time.... may change it though to same...

No disbnt icons???? u mean custom ones? (as im sure i said at beggining :S im still inda new to some parts)

yeah im doing the credits towards completion of map, ive only attached half finished versions, im focusing on main parts( what i think are main parts) of the map at the moment.

i'm not going to get rid of the music which plays as map isn't too big to play but how do i compress it and still use it for background track?

tyvm for feedback again.

Level 4
ahh thankyou. i'll look into doing that soon, now doing prologue.. at mo think its about 60-70%.

P.S thanks everyone for their feedback, really helpful. will thank everyone on the release of map.... oh btw, once map has finished.. i beleive i then release it as beta version and then obviously update to make better, then finally upload last and offical version, when i do beta map i upload to where all the maps go right? and name it BETA?

Level 4
right, ive uploaded my prologue to the map section under cinematics, please please pleaseeee watch and give me your feedback. tags to find it easier are Zylvanness, Revenge of Diablo II/2 and some other obviouse tags, if u can't find i'll post a link :p thanks again guys! now workin on the trailer which should be done by end of this month!

Level 4
Sorry about tripple posting now, been a while so thought no point in just editing a post which is completly old. I've finished all trailers and stuff now and im amongst completing the actual map, ive uplaoded new pics and the maps Picture/logo or whatever u call it to represent it, get that sorted on the actual map at some point. please i need ANYONE to import or create custom spells and to probably try and test it.. if possible if someone els would like to test it with me i can't host maps for some reason :S but yeah, all newer info on the actual description and images/printscreens.

p.s. newest map is uploaded too, bloodraven is fixed and it should be possible to get to Andarial, please be aware it is not finished and Andarial is no where near finished so i have no idea how she will turn out. there will be minor things that are out of place and stuff.

thanks guys.

Level 13
well if this map is set to be multi-player than as long as it don't go too far over 8mb than after its protected it will be B.Net set.

Level 4
kk, ty for check it out, it's mostly finished just gotta finish off andarial boss match, there is also going to be a slight tower def bit outside her part of the cloister, just a few small groups with 2 towers then finalyl some ptions and books. bloodraven triggers should work and countess should do too, not sure if B raven damage is right or not and soz about no weather, triggers won't work >.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.