• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection of the Scourge

Resurrection of the Scourge

Created by Turnro

183891-albums3097-picture69133.jpg

Map Info

Resurrection of the Scourge is the third campaign of Turnro’s series of alternate Warcraft 3 campaigns. Its story immediately follows from Jeopardy for the Horde.

With Azgalor defeated, Tichondrius, leading dreadlord of the Nathrezim, is burdened to take on the task of invading Azeroth. Accompanied by the dreadlords Varimathras and Dalvengyr, he plans to first resurrect the armies of the Undead Scourge, who had once terrorized the human kingdom of Lordaeron.

Throughout Resurrection of the Scourge, the story will refer to several key events that occurred in The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and Jeopardy for the Horde, revealing important events that have so far been hidden from the story. You will also encounter some familiar characters from both these Campaigns.

The campaigns in Turnro’s series of epic Warcraft 3 campaigns include:

THE ADVENTURES OF ROWAN THE WISE - Click here to view/download
JEOPARDY FOR THE HORDE - Click here to view/download
MALFURION’S QUESTCurrently in Development

Features

14 maps, including 10 Chapters and 4 Interludes
Continue the story from Jeopardy for the Horde as you travel to new places, cross paths with familiar faces, and declare war with the races of Azeroth!

Control 3 Unique Dreadlords
Ever wanted to play a campaign where you control the dreadlords? Then this campaign is for you! Play as Tichondrius, Varimathras and Dalvengyr, with each dreadlord having their own spells and attribute bonus'

Command the Armies of the Scourge to the Excess!
In Resurrection of the Scourge, take command of Flesh Golems, Orc Skeletons, Ice Revenants, or basically any unit that can be raised back as undead!

New Units and Abilities
Includes a variety of new custom units including Tauren workers, Soul Towers and the custom hero Magroth the Defender. Also take command of new spells, such as Dalvangyr's Death Curse ability

Play Through a Variety of Different Map Types!
Resurrection of the Scourge offers a variety of different gameplay missions, including RPG, RTS, and Tower Defense

Variable Difficulty Levels
You can choose to play the campaign in either Normal or Hard version. This allows you to choose the difficulty of the gameplay appropriate to your skills

Screenshots

183891-albums3097-picture56470.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture36454.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71072.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture56469.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71073.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71074.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture71071.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69134.jpg

183891-albums3097-picture69135.jpg

Change Log

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 6: The Sorcerer and the Horde
Interlude: The Will of Kil'jaeden
- The necromantic spells each dreadlord possesses are no longer items, they are now normal abilities
- Changed Varimathras' necromantic ability to 'Summon Dark Minion'.
- Made changes to dialogue
- Fixed a problem with Night Elves being invulnerable in Chapter 1
- Fixed a problem which allowed the Naga Royal Guard to follow units owned by the player
- Minor changes to terrain, mainly to Chapters 1-4
- Skeletons summoned by Dalvengyr can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- Fixed pathing problems with Pig Farms (for AI reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Minor changes to gameplay

- Added in Chapter 7: Disobeying Orders
- The player is now able to choose the difficulty of the campaign, Normal or Hard
- Players are now able to start playing the campaign from chapters 1 to 7, for game catching reasons
- Minor changes to terrain
- Tichondrius’ Shadow Strike ability had been replaced by Firebolt
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 4 which disabled the player from completing the main quest as the result of skipping certain cinematics
- Fixed game catch saving problems between Chapters 6 and 7
- Slight changes to dialogue in previous chapters
- Skeletons summoned by Varimathras can now learn attack/armor upgrades
- The Dark Minions that Varimathras raises have been renamed Giant Skeleton Warriors, since the Dark Ranger raises skeletons of the same name
- Dalvengyr now has selection priority over Varimathras (for storyline reasons)
- Minor changes to cinematics
- Considerable changes to gameplay, other than the difficulty

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 8: The Ruins of Dalaran
Interlude: Old Hatreds
- The campaign has been updated to match the unit stats of the user’s current version of Warcraft 3
- Varimathras' Banish ability has been replaced with Call of Waning: It reduces the movement and attack speed of all nearby enemy units around the dreadlord
- Dalvangyr's Earthquake ability has been replaced with Death Curse: The dreadlord curses a unit so when he dies, he spawns almost instantly from it
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the timers in the optional quest 'Stop the Tauren' would restart after they have expired
- Fixed an error which disabled the user from selecting the difficulty of the campaign. In addition, the whole difficulty system has been changed. Instead of selecting the campaign's difficulty from the campaign main menu, the option is now given at the start of each map
- Slight changes to dialogue in several chapters
- Drek'Thar's Shadow Strike ability has been replaced with Stone Totem
- Other minor changes within the cinematics and gameplay may be evident

- Added in 1 map:
Chapter 9: Power of the Alliance
- Slight dialogue changes in cinematics
- Fix a camera angle problem in the last cinematic of Chapter 1
- Fix game catching problems in Chapters 2 and 3
- Fix a problem in Chapter 7 where Murlocs could cast Death Curse
- Random items on the ground will no longer appear in cinematics
- Fix the icon XY coordinates for the dreadlords necromantic abilities
- Fix the in-game dialogue skipping problems in Chapter 8
- Re-edited Varimathras' fading in part in the first cinematic of Chapter 5
- Fix a problem where Doom Guards were unable to cast Cripple

- Added in 2 maps:
Chapter 10: Apocalypse
Interlude: The Last Demonlord

- All the custom campaign buttons in the campaign loading screen have been reset
- Increased the model size of all dreadlords by 0.15
- Minor changes to cinematics in all maps, including dialogue changes
- Added in additional in-game dialogue when the player saves the Doom Guard in Chapter 1
- Minor terrain changes in all maps
- The Night Elves in Chapter 1 no longer have Shadow Meld
- Decreased the experience gain rate for the player’s heroes in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 2 when no in-game dialogue would play the first time the player encounters Naga
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 2 where a Hydra creep would not drop any items when killed
- Increased the Naga Sea Witch’s damage by 15 in Hard version for Chapters 2 & 3
- Added in more runes from killing enemy units/crates in Chapters 3, 4, 8 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where Varimathras would appear at the undead shipyard if the first cinematic is skipped
- Added in-game dialogue the first time Wind Riders attack the player in Chapter 5
- Increased the starting gold for the player in Hard version in Chapter 5 from 1000 to 1250
- Improved the AI for the Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6
- The buff animation for Death Curse has been changed (to not look like Parasite)
- Increased the cooldown of the Tauren’s reincarnation ability in Chapter 6 from 0 seconds to 60 seconds
- The Human Archmage can no longer use Mass Teleport in Chapter 7
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapters 7 & 9, for both Normal and Hard version
- Siege Engines can now attack ground units in Chapter 7
- Searing Blade now allows heroes to attack air units
- Added an additional gold mine in Chapter 9
- Increased the gradual handicap gained by Garithos’s Forces in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Increased the damage caused by all enemy heroes in Hard version for Chapter 10
- Numerous small changes throughout the campaign have been made

- Fixed a bug in Chapter 1 where the Fel Stalkers would start attacking randomly
- Fixed all spelling errors in all dialogues
- You can now collect Dalvengyr's items at the end of the 2nd cinematic in Chapter 9
- The text description for Finger of Death has been changed
- Added in more battle scenes at the start of Chapter 9
- The Power Obelisk in Chapter 10 can now be repaired
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where the invisible mercenaries would give away their positions by attacking nearby enemy units
- Fixed a sound mute problem in Chapter 10
- The Death Towers and Lightning Towers in Chapter 10 have been buffed
- Reduced the overall difficulty of Chapter 10 in Normal version
- Changed the dialogue in Chapters 7, 8, 10, and the last 2 Interludes to implement new storyline changes
- Included an additional scene at the end of Chapter 8
- Samuro's spells have been changed to suit the spell changes that will take place in the upcoming version of Jeopardy for the Horde

- Slight terrain improvements in all Chapters
- Slight dialogue changes in all Chapters
- The Crystal Ball in Chapter 2 has been removed. Instead, it has been replaced with additional creeps
- Drek’Thar no longer casts Earth Totem in Chapter 6
- Included additional in-game dialogues throughout Chapters 1 to 9. Many of these dialogues include character voices taken directly from the Warcraft 3 Sound Editor
- Ancient Protectors in Chapter 1 now have Heavy Armor in Normal version
- All Quest Descriptions have been revised to fix grammar errors
- In Chapter 4, the Halls of the Dead can no longer be upgraded into a Black Citadel. In addition, Scrolls of Town Portal are no longer available for purchase in this mission
- Fixed a bug which allowed the player’s heroes to teleport away during the start of a cinematic
- The cooldown for Dalvengyr’s Death Curse ability has been reduced from 240 to 180 seconds. In addition, Dalvengyr will have full mana when he revives from a unit
- The Santron Reinforcements in Chapter 6 have gained a new Hero: Rokhan
- The doodad Watch Towers in Chapter 6 have been replaced with unit Towers that attack the player’s forces
- Destroyers are now available for training in Chapter 6. In addition, Frost Wryms are now available for training in Chapter 7
- A Gold Mine in Chapter 9 has been replaced with a Goblin Merchant
- Fixed Araj’s Tome of the Shadow Order description in Chapter 8
- The second main Quest Objective in Chapter 9 has been slightly modified: Once the Human Guards have been destroyed, a cinematic will play of the Undead establishing a base and taking over the Human’s Gold Mine. This saves the player from building an entire base from scratch
- The Human waves in Chapter 10 now choose their paths in a more random fashion
- Included more health items at the start of Chapter 8 in Normal version
- The health of enemy Heroes in Chapter 10 have been slightly increased
- Magroth the Defender now casts Sleep in Chapter 10
- Fixed a problem in Chapter 10 where Araj would not regenerate any health after receiving damage
- Enemy Human Heroes no longer gain experience or levels in Chapter 7
- Reduced the attack range of Ballista from 1150 to 1000

- Fixed a problem in Chapter 6 where the player could not transform Obsidian Statues into Destroyers after researching the Destroyer upgrade
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 6 where the Quest and mission objectives for the Optional Quest “Santron Reinforcements” would not appear
- The player now starts off with an Altar of Darkness in Chapter 6
- In Chapter 7, the Paladin model has been replaced with Proudmoore’s model
- The terrain in Chapter 10 has been improved
- Fixed a few grammar/spelling errors throughout the campaign
- Added in a new Optional Quest in Chapter 7: “Dragon Firepower”. From completing this Quest, the player will be able to build Frost Wryms
- Fixed some in-game dialogue/cinematic skipping problems in Chapter 7 & 9
- Increased the damage of Tichondrius’ Firebolt ability from 100/150/200 per level to 100/200/300
- The mana cost of Book of the Dead has increased from 100 to 120
- The mana cost for Death Curse has been slightly reduced to 150. In addition, the player can no longer use this ability on a target friendly unit
- Varimathras’ Call of Waning now has a new custom effect model
- The cooldown for Varimathras’ Raise Giant Skeleton Warrior has been reduced from 8 to 7 seconds. In addition, the mana cost for this spell has been reduced from 50 to 40
- Changed the armor type of Nerubian Towers in Chapter 4 to Heavy. In addition, a few Towers have been removed from the path between the player and the Gargoyles
- The dreadlords’ and Araj’s necromantic abilities now have their own custom icons
- Gargoyles can now be built in Chapter 4 when the player acquires them. In addition, Gargoyles have been fixed to always require a Halls of the Dead (in earlier patches of Warcraft 3, a Black Citadel was required instead)
- The difficulty of the game in Normal version has been decreased in the following ways:

- Added in more healing items in Chapter 1, as well as switching a few items between creeps
- Decreased the build times of Naga units in Chapter 3
- Buildings in Chapter 3 now have Heavy armor. However, defensive towers will still have Fortified armor in Hard version
- Increased the time it takes for enemy AI teams to attack in Chapters 5, 6 & 9. In addition, the enemy attack waves in these chapters have also been reduced
- Many enemies in Chapter 8 have either been nerfed or removed

- The player is now given a key to unlock the Sunken Ruins Gate in Chapter 2 (for story reasons)
- Added in additional dialogues in Chapter 4
- Added more gold into the Gold Mines in Chapters 4, 5 & 9
- Fixed a bug in Chapter 5 where putting any hero in a Transport Ship before the final cinematic plays will cause that hero to not appear during the cinematic
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 8 where enemy Water Elementals would get stuck in amongst doodads
- Added in more trees in Chapters 9 & 10
- The Mask of Death has been removed from the game
- Dalvengyr’s items will now be given to the player in Chapter 10 instead of Chapter 9
- Slightly increased the gold cost of the towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10
- The player’s main team in Chapter 10 will now be the Undead Scourge (Purple) instead of the Acolytes (Green). This fixes a problem where the player’s heroes were untargeted by Rally Points. In addition, any gold earned during the game will now be transferred to the Undead Scourge team
- Towers summoned by the Acolytes in Chapter 10 can now be unsummoned
- Death Towers in Chapter 10 will now deal less damage against air units
- Added in a new item in Chapter 10 called the Staff of Blight: this allows the player to create Blight in a target location, as well as giving the user Aura of Blight

Credits

Models:
  • apaka
  • Klayton
  • Norinrad
  • Whisperwind Archer
  • MasterHaosis
  • Vermillion Edict
  • Pyritie

Skins:
  • R.A.N.G.I.T

Icons:
  • Elainiel
  • M0rbid
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • zbc
  • Hellx-Magnus

Other:

I would like to thank -Kobas-, who gave me some useful advice on how to write map descriptions. His 'Map Description - Templates' page has helped me a lot.

I would also like to thank Fallen Angel Boy. His reviews and feedback for Resurrection of the Scourge has allowed me to make great improvements in the campaign.

Finally, I would like to thank all those who have played Resurrection of the Scourge. Your advice and suggestions allow me to make better campaigns :)

Keywords:
Undead, Tichondrius, Varimathras, Dalvengyr, Scourge, Araj, Burning Legion, Kil'jaeden, Samuro, Azgalor, Lord Garithos, Nathrezim, Demon, Dalaran.
Contents

Resurrection of the Scourge (Campaign)

Level 31
Only two days left before the final version of Jeopardy for the Horde is released!

Here are some of the main improvements that have been made:

- Additional cinematics added in Chapter 3, 5, and 7
- Major quest and gameplay changes in Chapters 4, 5, and 7
- The final battle in Chapter 10 will be greatly improved
- New dialogue improvements
- And many more changes along the way!

After the release of the final update for Jeopardy for the Horde, I will move straight into improving Resurrection of the Scourge.

In regards to Malfurion's Quest, the story and campaign is well on its way to ensure that development will officially commence soon. Development is expected to begin within the next 2-3 weeks.

Level 31
Jeopardy for the Horde has recently received its final update for the time being. You can download the new version here.

During the next fortnight, I'll be updating Resurrection of the Scourge before getting started into the development of the final campaign in my series of Warcraft 3 Campaigns, Malfurion's Quest. The update is scheduled for a 10th May release, but we'll see how we go ;)

Level 31
This may be a day early (or two days late if you go with 10th May), but Resurrection of the Scourge has been updated! You can find the list of changes made in the Change Log section.

With my Undead Campaign updated, all thoughts now turn towards the development of the final campaign in my series of alternate Warcraft 3 Campaigns: Malfurion's Quest. The proposed project is HUGE, which twice the amount of maps and an overload of new models and spells.

Apart from The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, I will be working solely on Malfurion's Quest over the next year or so.

More news will be given soon.

Level 1
Hello Turnro. A couple of bugs I found in chapter 6:

.Although now I can research the destroyer upgrade for the obsidian statue I still can´t transform them into the destroyer.
.The mission of the santron reinforcements don´t start, the cinematic plays and the reinforcements arrive but the mission never appears. If I destroy their camp I can complete the mission though.
.Not a bug but you should consider adding an altar of darkness at the start of this chapter.

I also want to suggest a couple of esthetic changes, they don´t affect gameplay and are just my opinion, so feel free to adding it or not:

. In chapter 6, the santron reinforcements color is brown. It was ok before but now that Rokhan is their "leader" you can change it to Rokhan default color: blue.(He has this color in both the Blizzard campaign and also in yours before Thrall recruits him in Jeopardy for the Horde)
. In chapter 7, at the Kul´Tiras camp, change their hero model from a paladin to the Proudmoore model:

character.gif

Last edited:
Level 31
Hello Turnro. A couple of bugs I found in chapter 6:

.Although now I can research the destroyer upgrade for the obsidian statue I still can´t transform them into the destroyer.
.The mission of the santron reinforcements don´t start, the cinematic plays and the reinforcements arrive but the mission never appears. If I destroy their camp I can complete the mission though.
.Not a bug but you should consider adding an altar of darkness at the start of this chapter.

I also want to suggest a couple of esthetic changes, they don´t affect gameplay and are just my opinion, so feel free to adding it or not:

. In chapter 6, the santron reinforcements color is brown. It was ok before but now that Rokhan is their "leader" you can change it to Rokhan default color: blue.(He has this color in both the Blizzard campaign and also in yours before Thrall recruits him in Jeopardy for the Horde)
. In chapter 7, at the Kul´Tiras camp, change their hero model from a paladin to the Proudmoore model:

character.gif

You're right. I can't believe these bugs slipped me as I was testing Chapter 6 lol

These changes will be implemented within the next week or so.

Level 1
Hello Turnro. Since there is no more optional quests after chapter 6 I suggest you add one in chapter 7. Instead of allow us to train frost wryms from the start, you can add an optional quest where you have to kill a dragon camp near the area and when you do, one of the dreadlords raise them back as frozen wryms and then we are able to train them to wipe out the humans. I hope you find my suggestion useful and keep up with good work.

Level 2
BRING MORE UNDEAD CAMPAIGNS!!! Excellent storyline ,nice touches on the Burning Legion lore and also quite engaging battles. Might I suggest you increase the difficulty of the campaign as it`s really not that challenging and also some terrain improvements are more than welcomed. Overall nicely done and a nice dynamic campaign with some of my favorite characters!

Level 31
Hello Turnro. Since there is no more optional quests after chapter 6 I suggest you add one in chapter 7. Instead of allow us to train frost wryms from the start, you can add an optional quest where you have to kill a dragon camp near the area and when you do, one of the dreadlords raise them back as frozen wryms and then we are able to train them to wipe out the humans. I hope you find my suggestion useful and keep up with good work.

Hi Paletron,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into this when I update the campaign next.

BRING MORE UNDEAD CAMPAIGNS!!! Excellent storyline ,nice touches on the Burning Legion lore and also quite engaging battles. Might I suggest you increase the difficulty of the campaign as it`s really not that challenging and also some terrain improvements are more than welcomed. Overall nicely done and a nice dynamic campaign with some of my favorite characters!

Nice to hear you enjoyed Resurrection of the Scourge, fakeskins :)

I'll definitely add some terrain improvements in the next update. Also, did you play Resurrection of the Scourge on Hard difficulty?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think creating something new with ideas that could've fit in prior projects is better than constantly updating older work. Doing things as you want is better than doing them as others want. If your character is constructively flexible then that would prove democracy in the sense of bringing people's likes together with yours.

Level 1
Well, finished your campaign and to be honest I thought it was great, but there were a few small grammar mistakes. I honestly enjoyed the majority of the game, until the last mission. I think it was a great concept of a tower defence with an army too, but I personally thought it ruined it. Mainly because of the whole blight thing, running back and forward to get those sacrificial skulls, then building your towers and raising an army at the same time was just a little too much to do and felt a little overwhelming. I found myself getting bored halfway through, and as much as I hate cheating, I just sat there and let my dreadlords destroy the rest of the waves while I went afk. I feel bad for doing it but I honestly felt bored in that mission, but on the rest of the campaign, well done! I enjoyed it a lot. :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I found myself getting bored halfway through, and as much as I hate cheating, I just sat there and let my dreadlords destroy the rest of the waves while I went afk. I feel bad for doing it but I honestly felt bored in that mission, but on the rest of the campaign, well done! I enjoyed it a lot. :)

Yep me too. I liked that in most levels I just played with my heroes vs armies :)

Level 31
Well, finished your campaign and to be honest I thought it was great, but there were a few small grammar mistakes.

Hi Valorien,

It's great to know you have enjoyed my campaigns. I'll look into making Sacrificial Skulls easier to get, as I have found it can be annoying for a lot of players.

Also, what were the grammar errors you encountered? Would love to know so I can fix them in an upcoming minor update ;)

Level 31
Hi guys,

Has anyone reached chapter 6? Before the update I remember there was a mission destroy the bridges or so, but the mission never appeared all game long in the update, I finished the chapter with 2 optional missions undiscovered at all! can anyone help with that?

Was this an earlier time you played Resurrection of the Scourge? Or was this when you played the campaign recently?

Either way, I've read your feedback so far and will implement these changes when I update the campaign soon.

Level 16
Was this an earlier time you played Resurrection of the Scourge? Or was this when you played the campaign recently?

Either way, I've read your feedback so far and will implement these changes when I update the campaign soon.

I just downloaded it few days ago (like 3 or so) and I played this chapter and I was hoping for the tauren to come and mission to cut the bridge but both never appeared and I even went to the bridges I thought it might trigger it but I reached the end of the map without a thing happening :/

Level 3
Finally finished. I've never been fan of Dreadlord in wc3, i consider them as most boring hero in game but this was very fun campaign i must say. Most chapters gave me headache, i needed to load many times from saves for each chapter except maybe chapter 1 :grin:.

For me it is.
Balance 5/5 (hard mode)
Gameplay 5/5
Fun 5/5
Story 4/5
Terrain 5/5

When Frozen thrones expansion came out the night elf campaign was so hard, i failed in every chapter, always needed to restart few times, sometimes stuck in a one chapter few days. This was same, i stuck in some chapters so long. Another fine work :thumbs_up:

I found 2 bugs, but nothing serious.

chapter 6. http://i.imgur.com/CQUifuz.jpg
When this quest came out, cutscene happened but it doesnt say you received new quest. After destroying that small camp, quest log stays unknown even though its completed as you see.

chapter 8 http://i.imgur.com/eGOgjDs.jpg
This mob stuck there, i can kill him without getting hit. I think the little barrel is blocking his way. I dont know if its intended or not.

Level 31
Finally finished. I've never been fan of Dreadlord in wc3, i consider them as most boring hero in game but this was very fun campaign i must say. Most chapters gave me headache, i needed to load many times from saves for each chapter except maybe chapter 1 :grin:.

For me it is.
Balance 5/5 (hard mode)
Gameplay 5/5
Fun 5/5
Story 4/5
Terrain 5/5

When Frozen thrones expansion came out the night elf campaign was so hard, i failed in every chapter, always needed to restart few times, sometimes stuck in a one chapter few days. This was same, i stuck in some chapters so long. Another fine work :thumbs_up:

I found 2 bugs, but nothing serious.

chapter 6. http://i.imgur.com/CQUifuz.jpg
When this quest came out, cutscene happened but it doesnt say you received new quest. After destroying that small camp, quest log stays unknown even though its completed as you see.

chapter 8 http://i.imgur.com/eGOgjDs.jpg
This mob stuck there, i can kill him without getting hit. I think the little barrel is blocking his way. I dont know if its intended or not.

Thanks for the feedback god1ess :)

I'll be sure to have the two bugs you reported fixed in the next update.

Level 20
Can I request some help? I'm stuck on Chapter 4 - Finding the Scourge. I've found three factions already namely the meat wagons, gargoyles, and the burried crypt fiends or something.

All that's left are the necromancers. But I just can't figure out how to reach them. I think the lever is key here, though I don't know how to get to it.

I would really appreciate some help.

Level 3
Can I request some help? I'm stuck on Chapter 4 - Finding the Scourge. I've found three factions already namely the meat wagons, gargoyles, and the burried crypt fiends or something.

All that's left are the necromancers. But I just can't figure out how to reach them. I think the lever is key here, though I don't know how to get to it.

I would really appreciate some help.

1. Go to this Teleporter http://i.imgur.com/grO85Dk.jpg

2. Use Dalvengyr's "Book of the Dead" spell. http://i.imgur.com/TbqSXWs.jpg
There are "Ranged skeletons" among them. http://i.imgur.com/gzJfBBi.jpg

3. Destroy this lever. http://i.imgur.com/KbcWwzG.jpg

I actually got Necromancers first, once i recruited them, rest of the Quest became pretty easy :grin:.

Last edited:
Level 16
hi turnro

I believe there are quite a few bugs associated with skipping cinematics in the chapter 9: the power of the alliance.

when I first met with Tichondrious and then destroyed the first human base, there was cinimatics that I build a base. I skipped that cinimatics one time and thus I could play, but a little while after that (3 or 4 seconds) the screen faded out and in again as if its the end of the cinimatics.

Furthermore, the time I skipped that same cinimatics, no AI has ever attacked me or came near my camp. it did not even build any units in addition to the starting ones and so I could finish all the camps with my starting army. I am not so sure about this because I quited after I destroyed the paladin's, the archmage's, and a third base, all existing to the right buttom of my camp, this in addition to the bloodmage's in the beginning.

Level 31
hi turnro

I believe there are quite a few bugs associated with skipping cinematics in the chapter 9: the power of the alliance.

when I first met with Tichondrious and then destroyed the first human base, there was cinimatics that I build a base. I skipped that cinimatics one time and thus I could play, but a little while after that (3 or 4 seconds) the screen faded out and in again as if its the end of the cinimatics.

Furthermore, the time I skipped that same cinimatics, no AI has ever attacked me or came near my camp. it did not even build any units in addition to the starting ones and so I could finish all the camps with my starting army. I am not so sure about this because I quited after I destroyed the paladin's, the archmage's, and a third base, all existing to the right buttom of my camp, this in addition to the bloodmage's in the beginning.

Be rest assured that I will fix this bug in the next upcoming update.

Level 16
Finished the campiagn finally,
Poor tichondrous has...

it was quite enjoyable, especially the chapters soon after we got our necromantic power XD

and regarding my previous post, I loaded the game and didnt skip that cinematics and thus I was attacked by the teal player which has Ranger general or something (an archer hero) but I was not attacked by any of the other camps. you probably intended it this way, yes?

Another thing in the same chapter, you MIGHT want to replace the cold arrows of the human ranger hero to frost arrows, as the cold arrows seem to last too short on the hero, for only 1 second, and 6 seconds on normal units, while the frost arrows last for 1.5 seconds on heroes and 5 on the normal units, which seems to me to be fairly more balanced (this is by default melee ability settings)

Level 31
I loaded the game and didnt skip that cinematics and thus I was attacked by the teal player which has Ranger general or something (an archer hero) but I was not attacked by any of the other camps. you probably intended it this way, yes?

Sort of. Not every base attacks you at the start, only the bases with the Ranger and Paladin (though I will still check this to make sure it all works properly).

So what is going to be after this? A naga campaign perhaps, pleeeeease?

You already know what campaign is coming after this ;)

Level 16
Sort of. Not every base attacks you at the start, only the bases with the Ranger and Paladin (though I will still check this to make sure it all works properly).
then I think it is ok because I finish the paladin so early and never gave him a chance to attack so thats why he didnt.

You already know what campaign is coming after this ;)

yes, but that was my way to divert you from night elf (not sure if you started yet, so I have chance to succeed), as playing with Naga seem to be so much fun for me. We haven't really got a chance to play them properly in warcraft, you know; most of the chapter are but dry lands that does't really fit the naga at all.

Level 2
Wrong.

Sorry, but my campaigns DO NOT follow from the Warcraft 3 storyline. It is different altogether. I just used several of the same characters.

Even so, Tichondrius WAS NOT actually KILLED by Illidan, infact he went into hiding, the same as Balnazarr, as Fandral Staghelm, a druid. So this could actually work.

Level 31
Even so, Tichondrius WAS NOT actually KILLED by Illidan, infact he went into hiding, the same as Balnazarr, as Fandral Staghelm, a druid. So this could actually work.

Hi Flame in the Dark,

What I meant was that Resurrection of the Scourge follows a different story which continues from an alternative storyline of Warcraft 3. In it, Illidan never faced Tichondrius and thus the two never fought.

The beginning of this alternative story begins with my first campaign, The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, followed by Jeopardy for the Horde. You can find both of these campaigns on Hive.

Level 31
After receiving a HUGE amount of feedback and suggestions, Resurrection of the Scourge has been updated again. Although Version 2.2 was proposed to be the final update for Resurrection of the Scourge for a while, I felt it was necessary to fix the critical issues that existed that I was unaware of before (such as bugs and the difficulty).

I truly thank all those who have given me their opinions in regard to this campaign. With Version 2.3 out, I also feel confident that no further updates will be needed for Resurrection of the Scourge (for the time being, anyway).

I will now share you all my revised plans for my Warcraft 3 Campaign series:

THE ADVENTURES OF ROWAN THE WISE

This campaign is scheduled for an update, mainly to fix voice recording and cinematic issues. This update was scheduled to be done by 28th July, but now has been postponed to 19th August.

MALFURION’S QUEST

The progress in the development of Malfurion's Quest is well underway. However, I now realize it is too early to determine when this campaign will actually be finished. All I can say for now is that the campaign is expected to be finished sometime next year.

In addition, the demo for Malfurion's Quest has been postponed from 28th July to 5th August. I will need this extra time to ensure the demo will be up to scratch.

I will reveal more about Malfurion's Quest once the demo is released.

Level 2
Hi ,
I really love campaigns like this because I dont micro very well , only have to micro heroes fits me best ^^ I have some opinions and a question after finishing the campaign days ago . I will give this 5/5 after 10 days .

A.Opinions :
-I love Dalvengyr most for his ability to imediately call a big army of skeletons , rather than his brothers only with corpses and only 1 skeleton/reanimate which isnt as strong as Dalvengyr's in my view , so I admit I didnt used Varithmathras's and Tichondrius's skills very much . I suggest we put the skill to another hero , like Varithmathras so the skill doesnt vanish when Dalvengyr dies ! I know this may sound epic as the skill only vanishes in the last chapter , but it would be great if I used the skills I got from the book more often to defense , not only the skills from heroes .
-The Orb of Corruption(from vendor-buildings of the Scourge) is already really strong in first place , and now it makes the Dreadlords leech so badly with 45% leech from Varithmathras' aura . Why not replace it with Orb of Darkness ? I think it will fit more for an undead army .
-The Rain of Fire spell of Dalvengyr melts buildings down . I love this spell so much , so I think he is the best hero for me . also Varithmathras doesnt have any mass destructive spell like that , only Call of Waning with AOE (I dont like very much as I think I kill enemies fast enough) . Why dont we replace Soul Burn (which is not very commonly used in my opinion) with something like Rain of Chaos (calls an inferno stone from the sky with no summon and with stun/damage) or Flamestrike ?
-When Dalvengyr dies by the Purrifies of Paladins , why dont we give a short timer for Varithmathras and Tichondrius to fight back (like 3 or 4 minutes) , after the timer is off a Dreadlord will die and then a shorter timer for the other to go . I think this will make the fight less boring . EDIT : my opinion on this is that after 1 Dreadlord dies , the other will use the reanimating spell to resurrect him in next campaign , and after 2 die , we fail the campaign . The cinematic maybe calling the 2 Dreadlord ghosts back but only 1 survive and came back to life (of course not Dalvengyr) , and if the timer to fight isnt off , they only call Dalvengyr back but he doesnt survive .

B.Questions : My biggest question for this campaign is how does Kil'jaden kill Tichondrius ? Tichondrius proved to be very strong to defeat the infernals and doom guards , then when hes alone with Kil'jaden why doesnt he use his 2 spells which are Sleep and Fire Bolt ? With those 2 spells he could have taken down any enemies that is facing with him alone , just need time for cooldowns . I would prefer Tichondrius be the leader as in my opinion hes very wise in choices (sometimes I didnt even think his choice is good but then it proves me wrong) , even if he had abaddon his brothers , hes still better than Kil'jaden that he never wanted to be the leader , just loyal .

I know 2.3 maybe the last update , just want to let you know my opinions .

Last edited:
Level 31
B.Questions : My biggest question for this campaign is how does Kil'jaden kill Tichondrius ? Tichondrius proved to be very strong to defeat the infernals and doom guards , then when hes alone with Kil'jaden why doesnt he use his 2 spells which are Sleep and Fire Bolt ? With those 2 spells he could have taken down any enemies that is facing with him alone , just need time for cooldowns . I would prefer Tichondrius be the leader as in my opinion hes very wise in choices (sometimes I didnt even think his choice is good but then it proves me wrong) , even if he had abaddon his brothers , hes still better than Kil'jaden that he never wanted to be the leader , just loyal.

Hi Brachyceran,

Thanks for the feedback :) In answer to your question, the fact that Kil'jaeden is more powerful than Tichondrius makes total sense. According to the lore, Sagaras, Kil'jaeden and Archimode were the most powerful in all the Burning Legion.

While in gameplay sense you could take Kil'jaeden out by putting him to sleep or stunning him continuously, the cinematics are only supposed to reflect the story. In both the Warcraft lore and Resurrection of the Scourge, Kil'jaeden is more powerful than Tichondrius.

Level 1
despite my bad english i must post and say that this is the best custom campaigns i have ever played,whole series is such well made...i am having so much fun playing it in hard mode especially chapter 6 and 7...i like how you have 1 dreadlord agi 1 str 1 int so their item build can be independent.i like how you can have such powerful items if you take time and explore map to the fullest 5/5 from me

I have a little question:is it possible to open the door in dalaran mission that require ghost key because i cant seem to find it :)

Level 16
despite my bad english i must post and say that this is the best custom campaigns i have ever played,whole series is such well made...i am having so much fun playing it in hard mode especially chapter 6 and 7...i like how you have 1 dreadlord agi 1 str 1 int so their item build can be independent.i like how you can have such powerful items if you take time and explore map to the fullest 5/5 from me

I have a little question:is it possible to open the door in dalaran mission that require ghost key because i cant seem to find it :)

I found the ghost key from the first time I tried! I was lucky!
I wont give any hint though, I dont like to spoil. I'll that for the Turnro, the campaign author :)

Level 31

Glad you enjoyed Resurrection of the Scourge, Arijevska :)

One little hint in finding the Ghost key is to make sure you take every path when stepping on the levers. One of these paths may help you in finding the Ghost key.

Level 1
No offense but the new the custom icons for the necro abilities aren´t that good. Varimathras´s is quite bad since I can barely appreciate anything because of it´s quality, I think there are a bunch of skeletons raising from some green light. The other 2 are just recolors with just some minor details. I would rather have the others back. I still didn´t the Araj one. Other than keep up with the good work and thanks for implement the changes I suggest.

Edit: And how about a little sneak peek about Malfurion quest? Like one of the heroes we will commanding(apart form furion) or some of the new units?

Last edited: