• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rest In Peace, Chris Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Obviously, people do watch it, and they care if somebody dies. Why are you trying to turn a serious post paying respects to somebody who died into a fight?

Level 18
I don't feel shit for this scumbag. He killed his family and then himself.
I feel sorry for the little guy that was killed by his scumbag father.

"WWE wrestler Chris Benoit died by suicide after killing his wife and 7-year-old son in their Fayetteville, Ga., home, sheriff's investigators said.

At a news conference Monday night, the Fayette County Sheriff's Department and District Attorney Scott Ballard ruled the deaths a double homicide and suicide, but released few other details.

The bodies of Benoit, 40; his wife Nancy, 43; and their son Daniel were found Monday afternoon after WWE officials asked them to check on the family, the WWE said on its Web site."

They think he killed his wife saturday his son sunday and then himself monday. What a douche bag.

Steve Irwin didn't kill his family and himself, he was killed by an animal doing his flipping job.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The quote, obviously.

And Whitehorn makes a very valid point to be honest.

Several thousand people die every day. Where are their threads?

Level 2
Whitehorn,this is a bit different. This is a fan thread about a famous guy that died,and fans (among other people) pay they're respect and admire him in some way...
And btw,that thing about other people... that's a good thought but this is a thread about a person who is known across the planet...
I think,he's a scumbag because his child didn't deserve to die by his father's hand...
And please ppl...Don't fight!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 18
This guy doesn't deserve respect!
HE KILLED HIS FAMILY AND THEN HIMSELF!

He killed his 7 YEAR OLD son, waited a day and then killed himself in the fucking weight room. He probably had to rub one out first, and the only things that gives him a chubby is looking at weights.

Hell killing his family probably gave him some wood as well. The sick bastard.

Level 8
If he did that, then he was obviously pretty screwed up. People who are OK don't go kill their families (if that's indeed what he did). I feel sorry for him wither way.

Level 7
It's not actually proven. I HIGHLY doubt that it's true, too. If you see interviews with him he seems like the nicest guy in the world.

Level 24
Ive heard today about Chris on 26 june 2007.
No one could do submission moves like Chris
But the man didnt deserved any respect!who cares about wrestling when his family is killed(not did i knew his family,but their humans too)but hope he found a warm place in hell the sick moron

Level 3
Im with Mecheon, theirs nothing official at the time being. They are still investigating and that statement was just a preliminary statement. I used to watch wrestling a lot, i still do from time to time. Yes i knows its fake but i dont care its entertaining to watch and some of those injuries cant be faked so its not all fake, real accidents do happen. Also if he did kill his family i doubt he just suddenly decided "o hey im bored and wanna get horny, so i think im gonna go kill my family". The most likely reason if he did is exactly what happened to Eddie, he was completely high off some shit and bad things ended up happening. So please save your judgment until you know whats officially said as the truth. Well i've entered my 2 cents.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 18
Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his 7-year-old son in his bed a day later.
Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home, according to sources.
Have you guys been keeping up with the news its fact now, oh wait the coroner hasn't replied to them yet.

Oh and getting high on shit doesn't make you go and kill your family, grow up.

Anyway, he was text messaging his friends right before killing his son. Hell that was a day after strangling his wife.
He killed them no question about it.

How I see it to be honest instead of joking. He and his wife got into an argument, it got heated. He ends up killing her by strangling her. Doesn't know what to do he just killed a human, he just killed his wife. Watches his friends on tv, says goodbye to them through text messages. Goes through with killing his son so he can be with the mom. He then offs himself the next day.

Level 36
That's fucking sick.

I'm believing this is factual information by now, and this guy does not deserve your respect!

Look at this: Was there a thread saying "Rest in peace Seung-Hui Cho who murdered everyone at Virginia Tech"?

Fuck no. You guys hated him.

Is this any different? Cho was really intelligent, and got great marks in school, do you give your respects to him because he's dead?

Both of these people had some kind of talent, both of them went off and killed a bunch of people, and then themselves. One is hailed as a hero, and is lamented about, the other is cursed at and despised by the public.

What the fuck kind of hypocritical bullshit is this?

I'm not asking you people to feel sorry for the Virginia Tech Massacre, but this guy does not deserve your respects anymore than Seung-Hui Cho does.

Level 12
Im completely shocked.
Out of all the WWF guys, Benoit seemed humble, kind, generous and generally overall a 'good guy'.

I remember a while back he quit/retired or something? He wanted to take a break? Never thought it would end like this :-(
A tragedy.

Btw what happened to Eddy, I just heard he was found dead in the morning?
Was it an Overdose?

Level 3
@Fulla, yea he died last year of a sudden overdose in a hotel room after being off drugs for nearly 10 years or something close.

@Sansui, getting high doesnt make you kill your family?? what....are YOU high? it happens all the friggin time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a good friend in prison whos in their for life cause almost 30 years ago he got high on Meth and got in a fight with his gf and ended up accidentally killing her. He didnt just up and decide to kill her, he was high, got in a fight and couldnt properly control himself. I also forgot to mention another possibility: its possibly he was drunk as that happens all the time as well. Possibly BOTH were involved, but after watching Benoit for years and years i dont believe for a second that he just randomly up and decided during an argument with his wife "O hey....ya know what?? i think ima kill this bitch!!" Their had to be something that impaired him to the point of the event or something similar. For his killing himself, if he WAS high or drunk or both during what happened he may have realized what he'd and ended up killing himself cause he couldn't handle what happened. Once again that happens most of the time as well.

@brad, i dont respect him or honor him in any way for what he did. I honor him and respect him for the way he lived. Chris Benoit was a great wrestler, i watched him for many years and few could ever pull off the shit he could. Theirs a saying that i cant quite think of the exact words right now but i believe it says something like: "Honor him for the way he lived and dreamed, not for the way he died." He was a good man and something happened to him along the road, it happens everyday. Also about the Virginia Tech Massacre; i dont hate that kid, i hate what he did. What he did was demented and sick, but i dont hate him. He was a tortured soul, he was mentally f'ed up because of that. I know he was very talented i read up a little on him and he had a lot of potential and talents. But i never hated him, only what he did. Just like what happened with benoit, i dont hate HIM i hate what he did. I honor him for him, not for what he did at his death, so i have no regrets in saying: R.I.P Chris Benoit, you will be missed.

Level 26
No one mentally okay would kill themselves, though I can't say the same with other killings. You can't hate someone once they kill themselves, simply because you would know he's not okay. He deserves pity, no more, no less, for he did not live a full life, or at least whatever life he had, with a healthy mind. He is a killer, but mentally, he is just another victim.

Level 13
Truth be told, I never hated Cho, actually, I kind of sympathized with him.

He was a messed up kid, he had obvious mental problems, most likely due to tramautic events in the past (I never really kept up with it.)

But let's not stray off topic.

I read about how it went down today. But I'm not all that angry at him. The fact he hanged himself shows he had some sort of guilt, he wasn't a complete monster. I mean, due to his popularity, he probably could've gotten off easy. (Hell look at OJ. You think he's innocent?)

But there is not much we can do here. We cannot simply throw his corpse into prison. He has payed the ultimate price, and we just have to deal with that.

Level 18
Umm, you don pity someone who kills themselves. Its pathetic and retarded. You look down on those people. Killing yourself is not only a cowardly act but a selfish one.
I don't know about you, but I would have rather died than be put in prison for life. He would have gotten life for the murders. Maybe not if it was just his wife, but he did his son the next day.
He is a disgusting individual and does not deserve anything except a giant pile of burning shit on his dead body. He shouldn't even be given a tombstone, well unless it was under a giant toilet for everyone to crap on.

Oh and OJ was innocent, proven so in court. If Benoit wasn't such a scumbag, he would have faced his fellow man. But he couldn't because he DID kill his family, so he took the cowards way out.

Side note, drugs don't make you go oh im going to kill that person. Sorry, if you kill someone while under the effects of drugs you were capable of it while sober.

Level 26
Umm, you don pity someone who kills themselves. Its pathetic and retarded. You look down on those people. Killing yourself is not only a cowardly act but a selfish one.
I don't know about you, but I would have rather died than be put in prison for life. He would have gotten life for the murders. Maybe not if it was just his wife, but he did his son the next day.
He is a disgusting individual and does not deserve anything except a giant pile of burning shit on his dead body. He shouldn't even be given a tombstone, well unless it was under a giant toilet for everyone to crap on.

Oh and OJ was innocent, proven so in court. If Benoit wasn't such a scumbag, he would have faced his fellow man. But he couldn't because he DID kill his family, so he took the cowards way out.

Side note, drugs don't make you go oh im going to kill that person. Sorry, if you kill someone while under the effects of drugs you were capable of it while sober.
Behold, the Spartan Way of Sympathy. I don't care for mental problems, if they're different, kill em!

Level 3
I dont think i'll post any more opinions, since tinklefairy seems quite intent on beating down anyone who expresses an opinion dissimilar to his own. People like him aren't even worth arguing with.

Level 45
Ahh..so thats what happened? Hmm..but like said.. most murder's don't have to wear black leather clothes, carry a gun, do meth and swear all day to kill someone, hell i could,even sunny or ralle could kill someone if I/they really wanted to, some people forget their limits, like what Chris did and lost a screw (from what iv read here).

From what I'm read some of the most nicest people are the most deadly killers, take that dude that strangled like..what? 11 people? His wife didn't even know about it and thought he was the nicest bloke in the world and he strangled his own neighbor who he said hi to everyday from going back from work just because it was sexy and strangled a whole family(yep, kids) because it turned him on.

Seriously, alot of people do drugs and get high, don't compare a 1 person situation to the WHOLE POPULATION, thats just nuts, thats like saying every person that shoots a gun is shooting someone or their family, thats just stupid.

To sum up the fact, ANYONE is capable of killing someone, hell even a 3year old kid.

Level 7
The difference between this man and thousands of others who die normally is that this guy entertained millions and gave people their money's worth in a wrestling match. He had millions of fans and was one of the greatest technical wrestlers to ever lace wrestling boots.

Level 4
Even the nicest person can turn to the baddest. Human beings.

I actually watched this program some years ago, but then I lost interest.
I used to watch it too until that fag poser rapper dude started "dominating" with moves that look VERY weak

anyway, people say his son was somewhat retarded
Credit: PWTorch.com

A woman tells News 1130 in Vancouver, B.C. that Chris Benoit's son Daniel had a condition called Fragile X syndrome. Wikipedia describes the symptoms:

Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

The woman interviewed for the News 1130 story says her family was in contact with the Benoits, but they didn't want to go public with the disease and chose to keep things low profile. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

This may explain why Daniel was taking growth hormone injections. It also may shed light onto why Chris didn't want someone else raising his son and made the fateful decision to kill him. As irrrational and twisted as it may sound, he may have felt he was saving his son from the double-blow of losing his parents through a murder-suicide and being subject to being raised by people who didn't understand or care for his condition.

Level 24
Suicide is the easy way out. If you're ever suicidal, you realize "Hey, if I kill myself, I don't ever have to deal with this shit again". When I saw this thread I actually thought "The guy that killed his wife and kid?", but I was unaware that he had killed himself.

As far as I see it, leave it alone. If you're insulting/praising him, make sure you know what for, and that other people are insulting/praising him for other reasons. Be able to separate those reasons, don't let such a solemn subject turn into a flamewar. At the very least, his family deserves peace for his apparently out-of-character acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.