• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for custom skills for a new map. (League of Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
I need custom skills created for each of the heroes listed bellow. (Q W E R).
(Copies of the actual skills that are right now active in the game)

Making a huge project here, plan to make it the second most played custom map after dota.

1. Nami.
    2. Alistar.
    3. Jax.
    4. Diana.
    5. Nocturne.
    6. Irelia.
    7. Ahri.
    8. Yasuo.
    9. Zed.
    10. Riven.
    11. Lee Sin. [v]
    12. Malphite.
    13. Anivia.
    14. Tristana.
    15. Sivir.
    16. Twisted Fate. [v]
    17. Sion.
    18. Blitzcrank.
    19. Xin Zhao.
    20. Wukong.
    21. Warwick.
    22. Vladimir.
    23. Kayle.
    24. Katarina.
    25. Master Yi.
    26. Garen.
    27. Janna.
    28. Evelynn.
    29. Dr. Mundo.
    30. Corki.
    31. Cho Gath.
    32. Akali.
    33. Urgot.
    34. Teemo.
    35. Olaf.
    36. Le Blanc. [V]
    37. Kennen.
    38. Galio.
    39. Fiddlesticks.
    40. Annie.
    41. Amumu.
    42. Rengar.
    43. Morderkaiser.
    44. Shaco.
    45. Corki.
    46. Ryze.
    47. Shen.
    48. Tryndamere.
    49. Pantheon.
    50. Orianna. [v]
[v] = Completed/Semi Completed Skill Set.

I know it is extremely hard but I need all the skills for all these champions. just the skills not the icons.

Thanks in advance and for your precious time.
I will add the name of the people who helped me on the map to thank them.

Things that I have accomplished so far.

Edited and imported some Icons in tga. (for testing purposes)
Made the Loading Screen.
Scripted Hero Choosing stage (like Dota).
Made Minions Spawn and fight at certain place and follow a certain pattern.
imported .mdx models. and their texture blps.
made my first Scoreboard.
Made bottom side of the map for testing.
Made minions give gold on death.
Added custom sounds for the heroes.

A video of some things I ve done

League

Last edited:

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
LordDz

I am trying to find as much help as I can.
I myself try to make some spells on my own but I am not that good at modding.

I realise it is a hard, time consuming task but I also lost 2 weeks already making the map and scripting at the W3 editor.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Would I have to stop world starvation too?

For reals, I can probably help you next year.

Level 25
Put some concept of your map and maybe people would be willing to work on it, but to just make 49 x 5 = 245 spells,
for a person who just registered on the forum is very unlikely as it's very time consuming.

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
It is actualy 49x4 = 196. Spells.

I can share the map with the person who is willing to help.
My dream is to make a perfect copy of League of Legends in a War3 map.
People who share the dream may understand.

I only care about publishing the map some time nothing else.
With help or not I will somehow manage to make it, but help is always welcome. :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Put it to GitHub (import script to map with //! import) so people can easily contribute (and you get version control nevertheless).

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
jondrean I have literally zero idea on how to use Jass. I just edit skills on editor and some triggers here and there :/ but thanks for the post and the interest.

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
LordDz

You are right but I was not thinking about the passives yet (maybe I could be able to make the passives).

Tasyen

More than 100 yes but I have the models only for these champions at the moment :)

The good thing is that all the abilities spotlights are on the official site so they are pretty much explained on how they work !!!
plus some of the spells are pretty easy to be made while some others seem pretty hard for me to make.

Last edited:

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
Athur12A2

Big Projects should be the work of many people working together not just one.

''Two heads are better than one.''

You need to Finish the basic stuff first, before going on with the Heroes.
Stuff you need to do first.
  • Tower targeting System
  • What you do with Int/AGI/STR.
  • Offering getSpellpower() /getAttackpower()/getArmor().... for Scalling.
  • Minions prefer Towers & Minions.
  • Jungle
  • Summoner Spells
  • A Disable System to support this Disable % Reduction
There are allready some League of Legends Spell-Packs around.

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
You need to Finish the basic stuff first, before going on with the Heroes.
Stuff you need to do first.
  • Tower targeting System
  • What you do with Int/AGI/STR.
  • Offering getSpellpower() /getAttackpower()/getArmor().... for Scalling.
  • Minions prefer Towers & Minions.
  • Jungle
  • Summoner Spells
  • A Disable System to support this Disable % Reduction
There are allready some League of Legends Spell-Packs around.

I am uploading a video that I will add on my first post with what I have done till now.

Thanks for the guidelines and I agree.

I posted it to get some spells in the long run not right now, while I work on other aspects of the map.
you got any links? for the spell-packs? (must be same as LoL though).

Level 38
LoL is free to play. LoL already has all this stuff in it. LoL already has to compete with DotA, and you hope for this to become popular in wc3 where it is now directly competing with the original DotA map?

Ignoring the absolutely MONSTEROUS amount of work this would be, I fail to see what you would even gain by doing this. Certainly it will never be as mechanically sound as the real game, will never look as good, and will never be as balanced. Matchmaking will be non-existent so games will be wildly unbalanced even if you managed to find enough players to make a full game (another problem actual LoL doesn't have). It will always be a subpar facsimile made in an ageing engine.

Then I consider that you're not using your own creativity or imagination to come up with new ideas or improve older ideas. Where is the heart and soul of the map? Where is the thing that would draw me to play it when I could just be playing the actual game in < 10 minutes. Why do you even want to make it?

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
LoL is free to play. LoL already has all this stuff in it. LoL already has to compete with DotA, and you hope for this to become popular in wc3 where it is now directly competing with the original DotA map?

Ignoring the absolutely MONSTEROUS amount of work this would be, I fail to see what you would even gain by doing this. Certainly it will never be as mechanically sound as the real game, will never look as good, and will never be as balanced. Matchmaking will be non-existent so games will be wildly unbalanced even if you managed to find enough players to make a full game (another problem actual LoL doesn't have). It will always be a subpar facsimile made in an ageing engine.

Then I consider that you're not using your own creativity or imagination to come up with new ideas or improve older ideas. Where is the heart and soul of the map? Where is the thing that would draw me to play it when I could just be playing the actual game in < 10 minutes. Why do you even want to make it?

Simply put, as a huge fan of league of legends I would love to play it in an aging as you imply engine.
and many people share my opinion.

[Defense of the Legends: Another LoL-mod project and it looks great! • /r/DotA2] I mean why would they make a custom map of League in DOTA ?

Simply put, because they like it.

The map doesnt have to be 100% perfect, every game has imbalances, even Dota had hundreds of versions fixing things throughout the years.

The fact that I am making a custom League of Legends map intrigue me the most and it has nothing to do with the fact of lacking imagination.

I feel full with the custom maps that have already been made.

Anyhow thanks for the reply and for the time you took reading the post.

Level 38
as a huge fan of league of legends I would love to play it in an aging as you imply engine.
Right and my point is that if you could play the real game for free right now, why would you go through the effort of hosing a custom games lobby to play a subpar version of a game that is almost identical but in many ways is mechanically worse? If you like LoL so much go play LoL. It makes sense to me to remake an older game in the engine of newer game, but the reverse is completely illogical to me (doubly so when the 'remade' game is literally the most popularly-played video game worldwide as we speak)

I mean why would they make a custom map of League in DOTA ?
Someone else doing a dumb thing doesn't mean it's a good idea for you to do it. That's made in the DotA2 engine which is literally a decade more advanced than the wc3 engine. You're going to be fighting tooth and nail to get things like creep aggro, minion aggro, and cooldown reduction to work in wc3 for essentially no real benefit.

The map doesnt have to be 100% perfect, every game has imbalances, even Dota had hundreds of versions fixing things throughout the years.
You are correct, everything is imbalanced. However, if you are porting LoL to Wc3 then the source material itself (LoL gameplay and numbers) is inherently imbalanced (evidence: things are still being patched/nerfed/buffed constantly) and then you are adding on your own layer of "I couldn't perfectly recreate this skill in the engine so it's slightly more/less powerful than the way the original ability worked" which makes it further imbalanced. Consider that LoL has a bunch of behind-the-scenes things like 'Frozen heart doesn't slow Yi when he's ulting' that you will have to program in yourself, and if you miss them your balance gets off from the LoL model; because LoL is constantly changing, you will need to catch any and all special cases that may exist in the game. Essentially you will be recreating the work of tens of Riot programmers by hand. And if you get it all 100% perfect? Congratulations you are now exactly as balanced as LoL is until the next patch; there's no better you can do unless you start balancing the game yourself.

The reason I'm talking a lot about balance is that if your map is imbalanced nobody will play it ever if they could play a more-balanced DotA or actual LoL instead. There's literally no reason to.

it has nothing to do with the fact of lacking imagination
I don't mean you're lacking imagination, I mean that your map is ultimately doing 100% things that have been done before. You're not deciding for yourself what the mechanics of your map should be, which heroes should be playable, what the items should be/do, the general scope and scale of skills/abilities in the map, the rules for victory/defeat, etc. You're lifting all of it from what I would call the 'LoL Playbook': whatever they do is what you'll do. The WE exists to foster creativity, and rote copying another current-gen game just makes no sense because it isn't any of that.

Last edited:

Tfz

Tfz

Level 2
Right and my point is that if you could play the real game for free right now, why would you go through the effort of hosing a custom games lobby to play a subpar version of a game that is almost identical but in many ways is mechanically worse? If you like LoL so much go play LoL. It makes sense to me to remake an older game in the engine of newer game, but the reverse is completely illogical to me (doubly so when the 'remade' game is literally the most popularly-played video game worldwide as we speak)

Someone else doing a dumb thing doesn't mean it's a good idea for you to do it. That's made in the DotA2 engine which is literally a decade more advanced than the wc3 engine. You're going to be fighting tooth and nail to get things like creep aggro, minion aggro, and cooldown reduction to work in wc3 for essentially no real benefit.

You are correct, everything is imbalanced. However, if you are porting LoL to Wc3 then the source material itself (LoL gameplay and numbers) is inherently imbalanced (evidence: things are still being patched/nerfed/buffed constantly) and then you are adding on your own layer of "I couldn't perfectly recreate this skill in the engine so it's slightly more/less powerful than the way the original ability worked" which makes it further imbalanced. Consider that LoL has a bunch of behind-the-scenes things like 'Frozen heart doesn't slow Yi when he's ulting' that you will have to program in yourself, and if you miss them your balance gets off from the LoL model; because LoL is constantly changing, you will need to catch any and all special cases that may exist in the game. Essentially you will be recreating the work of tens of Riot programmers by hand. And if you get it all 100% perfect? Congratulations you are now exactly as balanced as LoL is until the next patch; there's no better you can do unless you start balancing the game yourself.

The reason I'm talking a lot about balance is that if your map is imbalanced nobody will play it ever if they could play a more-balanced DotA or actual LoL instead. There's literally no reason to.

I don't mean you're lacking imagination, I mean that your map is ultimately doing 100% things that have been done before. You're not deciding for yourself what the mechanics of your map should be, which heroes should be playable, what the items should be/do, the general scope and scale of skills/abilities in the map, the rules for victory/defeat, etc. You're lifting all of it from what I would call the 'LoL Playbook': whatever they do is what you'll do. The WE exists to foster creativity, and rote copying another current-gen game just makes no sense because it isn't any of that.

I agree with your points, but you do not need always a reason to do something, I just had an idea and want to try it.

It is hard, it is time consuming, it might be imbalanced and might be the work of all rioters done by me or a handful of people, it is by ''playbook'' content, but there's the fun of programming in all these, the thrill of trying to recreate new things on a dying engine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.