• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reputation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Is this like a rule that can be broken or a built in restriction?
Well I don't know what it is supposed to be but whatever it is it's not really working since I gave a whole lot more +rep in a day than just 10 last week.
No you can only give reputation 10 times a day, this isn't affected by how much rep you give at a time.

Level 12
No you can only give reputation 10 times a day, this isn't affected by how much rep you give at a time.
Well that doesn't seem to be true since I gave it more than 10 rep a day. That's what I am saying there seems to be a bug or something.

Try it yourself go to the model section and start giving out rep left and right until your mouse-hand gets sore (they all deserve it anyway). I just gave out rep 13 times for models and 1 more time to you.

Level 24
Sorry if I've missed something rather obvious but I'm guessing it's no coincidence can now only give out 1 rep instead of 2,3 and 4?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
What's the use/logic of giving people 0 rep? I mean it's either - or +. 0 doesn't make sense as that message given in a rep way can just be PMed or written in the visitor box...
We basically never use it nowadays, but it had at least two functions in the past. 1) To prevent people from creating new accounts just to rep boost themselves (you could only give blank rep until you had ten rep points yourself). 2) As warnings, when neg rep was still on the table as penalty for rule violations, because it was quicker than sending out individual PMs, and not as harsh as actual rep deduction.

Level 24
Can I ask why I can't give rep to some posts, while others can? The button 'Give Reputation' only appears for me in the OPs of the resource section.

That would be interesting to know, I have no idea as it has never occurred to me it does seem that it's either locked away by rep or amount of posts, though I have no idea and it could just be some bug.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
That could be the issue, I myself am using Firefox.
PS: Btw, I'm using chrome.
From what I remember, the chief also uses Chrome so it might not be because of that.
Hmm, maybe there is a required amount of reputation points before someone can give rep to certain posts like this comment?
The system allows users to give reputation to the same user again (=/=post; you can't give multiple rep points to the same post) after other (different) users are given rep to.
But deepstrasz said he's having the problem because he's using Firefox.
Yes, Firefox is what I use and it even crashes when I try to load certain pages from site like Blizzard.com. Weird.

Reactions: AGD
Level 24
From what I remember, the chief also uses Chrome so it might not be because of that.

Seems I was wrong.

The system allows users to give reputation to the same user again (=/=post; you can't give multiple rep points to the same post) after other (different) users are given rep to.

Nope you can give rep to the same guy if you want but you have to spread rep to 5 other users first. I'd rather have a 48 hour marker but both works.

Yes, Firefox is what I use and it even crashes when I try to load certain pages from site like Blizzard.com. Weird.

Strange to say the least, I have never had those issues and I've used firefox for what must be a decade at least by now...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Nope you can give rep to the same guy if you want but you have to spread rep to 5 other users first.
It's what I wrote dude o_O
Strange to say the least, I have never had those issues and I've used firefox for what must be a decade at least by now...
Truth be told, I haven't tried reinstalling it yet.
I'd rather have a 48 hour marker but both works.
I'd rather not. I'm moody so, you might just won't get the rep later :p

Level 21
Can I ask why I can't give rep to some posts, while others can? The button 'Give Reputation' only appears for me in the OPs of the resource section.
If you want to give rep to other things that are not resources,click on the little +sign next to the person's other rep balls,underneath their avatars.

Level 24
If you want to give rep to other things that are not resources,click on the little +sign next to the person's other rep balls,underneath their avatars.

Oh that was the issue... should have been able to make that out... :D

Level 7
Could please update the new reputation system? At least the ranks, just to be sure about the amounts.

Level 5
Let's see a random post.
Where is the "Give Reputation" button?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-30-11-59-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-30-11-59-13.png
    626.9 KB · Views: 172
Level 35
Users can't give negative rep points but they can give 0 :D and some people are actually affected by it :D

Hehe, I would find a zero point rep somewhat annoying, but only from an OCD angle. I guess it also allows for some gratitude or comments from those without the ability to give 1 (if those even exists) or those who don't feel that 1 is appropriate, but still want to note a thanks.

Reactions: pyf

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
I didn't know we even had visible negative reputation anymore. For example, I remember @inverted famously had negative reputation but now it just shows he has 0 reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.