• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Removing Extended Ui Help [Patch 1.30.4] (Edit: not possible without having Black Bars, upgrade to 1.31.1 to remove them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello long time lurker hopefully someone can help me with this issue since im losing my mind over this...

I couldn't find a thread about the Issue i am having and have tried many searches and most of the Solutions were for the current Version 1.32+ but since i downgraded to 1.30.4 for some older Custom Campaigns the same Solutions don't appear to work sadly.

i did the Allow Local Files and replacing the UI Tiles UI>Console>(Race)>(race)UITile.05.dds and 06.dds .
That didnt work so i converted DDS to BLP format, now from the screenshot you can see that its just blank green textures.

Is it even Possible to hide those damn unecessary bars on 1.30.4 ?

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Level 28
The unnecessary bars you mentioned here is actually a new feature that was added in 1.29. This thing updates the whole screen so that the game is truly played in Widescreen (16:9) format instead of the older ones (4:3). This was also happened in the main menu itself, where you can see two empty black bars within the main menu.
So far, there is no known way to remove those bars. If you attempt to do that, unprecedented things might occur (such as green textures).
To be clarify, this thread is only tested on Reforged (1.32).

Level 1
Yea i know its apart of the Widescreen update that was added back then.

I might be in the minority here but i prefered it prior to Blizzard fixing it and was using Render Edge to fix it, it just seems poorly made since Blizzard did a better job with the Starcraft UI ...i miss the old Blizzard...

Would be awesome if more of the Custom Campaigns were available for 1.32+ so i wouldn't have to keep messing around with multiple copies but i ain't Complaining :thumbs_up:

Also i really hope once Microsoft acquired Blizzard/Activision that they are willing to fix it or atleast give us more modding support so that the Community can continue, i miss the Days when Games weren't just 100% about Profit, anyways getting Off topic.

Thanks for the Info!

Is it even Possible to hide those damn unecessary bars on 1.30.4 ?
yeah man you can do this, i dont know why your 1.30 install is showing green squares but you can make it go away.

Just get CascView, open the 1.30 install that you have, extract the file war3.mpq/ui/framedef/ui/consoleui.fdf or something like that, whatever it's called, and remove the console 5 and console 6 boxes (the green squares in your image) from the UI elements drawn there. Or if that's too complicated for you, then copy the version of this file from patch 1.27

Then put the modified version into your game with the local files or whatever

NOTE: after you hide them, there will be blackness there, not 3D world view. Like in the video below -- it will not make the black bars go away. To make the black bars go away, you need to use patch 1.31 for the UI natives to be able to change the WORLDFRAME:

Edit 2: So, to make the 3D world be fullscreen like in the video below, you really need to use patch 1.31:

Level 1
No Idea why turned out green maybe i converted the image wrong buut i got used to the extended panels now so its not a big deal and when i switch back to 1.32 again the issue will be resolved.

heard there were some issues with 1.31 so not to inclined to play on that version so i rather skip to 1.32+ and get the ui updates + the fixes. i got 3 backups. 1.27b, 1.30.4 and hopefully not the last update in the coming years... 1.32.10

Thanks for the Guide though i appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.