1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Recap: The Future of Warcraft: Part II

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Yahya

Yahya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh wow you guys got early access to melee and custom games in Reforged?

How was that experience? Tell us all about that.

Are you allowed to?

2. stormy

stormy

Resources:
    Resources:
    > Expect a beta in ear-___.

Is it a typo? What does it mean? Thx.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A year?

Kidding. I think the word was cut. It was possibly supposed to mean early+date.

4. The Stormbringer

The Stormbringer

Resources:
    Resources:
    There should absolutely be 12+ selection of units in Reforged, just only for custom maps. Having it in custom maps will in no way damage the normal melee or tournament brackets, and will instead add loads of options for the mapmaker community.

How would single-player content divide the community...? DLC and new campaigns would be very likely limited to that sort of thing, outside of skins like Jaina on a horse for Multiplayer that they discussed, which is just a cosmetic issue and also doesn't divide the community.

Now, DLC heroes, races, or units I could see as being a problem, but I don't think they'll be doing that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  5. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whaaaats up :D

6. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hey fellow hiver, i'm eager to engage in some on-topic conversation with you

which comes first, tuesday or reforged? all my capital's on latter

7. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    When tuesday comes, the Reforged beta will be up too, but I doubt the actual game will come before tuesday

8. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I think a constant in the map file (from 1 to 48 for example) would benefit a lot of custom games, but without the removal of the pathfinding limit army movement are still glued.

Because of classic, they have to make every single ressources HD and classic if they add some. Also these model/skins ressources have to be available for custom games.

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn you guys. When you revived this thread, I was excited the next batch of anniversary week had come out, and then... :peasant-shocked:

10. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Many custom maps are based on selecting individual groups of 12 units and sending them to the fray as fast as possible with a + click.
    If you can just select all the units and send them all at once it makes those maps way too trivial.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Who said it has to be a general thing? It's supposed to be an option for custom games to use when needed.

12. Innerdesert4346

Innerdesert4346

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everyone who thinks that adding extra content + increasing unit select limit etc. is bad, you're an idiot because as others have said it could be an option for the map(unit select limit) or (extra content) would be added for both reforged and classic and if it isn't would be only cosmetic or just a campaign thing.

13. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And campaign (single-player) too! God I hated that limit in RoC human campaing in mission where you had to blow some ships in Northrend

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Boohoo, changes.

It's not like just about every game updates and changes.

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Selection limit is a tad annoying. I remember loathing it when playing maps like BFME or Azeroth Wars :p. I wish it would go.

16. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did they? Good luck finding official post that explicitly says that.

17. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The only difference is this: