• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post, I didn't see a Reforged area unless maybe I'm blind. Just wondering, has there been any news of any way to save data in a game to load in another? Perhaps a change to the new world editor.

This used to be possible using host bots, just wondering if they might add some sort of feature to use a data base outside the game or to function with the game. Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just wondering, has there been any news of any way to save data in a game to load in another?
You mean like the game caches used in the campaign? Or maybe like the file I/O of save/load codes used by multiplayer maps?
This used to be possible using host bots
In multiplayer it still is possible using file I/O based save/load systems.
, just wondering if they might add some sort of feature to use a data base outside the game or to function with the game. Thanks.
File I/O save/load systems? Which are already supported...

The code gets saved to the player's computer just like banks in StarCraft II. This can then be loaded using preload exploit and synchronized between clients.

Level 12
You mean like the game caches used in the campaign? Or maybe like the file I/O of save/load codes used by multiplayer maps?
In multiplayer it still is possible using file I/O based save/load systems.

File I/O save/load systems? Which are already supported...

The code gets saved to the player's computer just like banks in StarCraft II. This can then be loaded using preload exploit and synchronized between clients.
Cool, is there somewhere I can read up on how to do this properly? Or does a system already exist? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.