• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hippogryphs and Archers : Fixed model and skins + alternative skins NE/HE/BE + Unarmored versions

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Greetings, it's my first model so do not hesitate to send me reviews if I did things wrong...
213865-daf18307479ef74d468f3687c5555c9b.png

Anyway, I reworked the Reforged Hippogryph so it's finally... an actual hippogryph! :peasant-cheers-back:

It's mainly the same as the Reforged one, but with noticeable changes :

- New textures, inspired from the WoW Cenarion War Hippogryph, instead of a simple black layer painted over the very first skin of this poor boi (you know, the parrot from Hearthstone xD )
- A less parot-like model with :
- Smaller chest
- Head and neck more forward (With fixed animations for the problems it caused)
- And that true raven-like beak! (because it's not a gryphon!)
- And all of these for the Ridden Hippogryph as well! (it's not my fault if the head armor clips, but at least I completed the collar)
- And both their portraits (It was hard to deal with them as they have not the same "T-pose" :c (I have a dream... that one day we could perfectly merge a model and its portrait))

And here is the mod ! (In the first comment)

You can replace the Reforged Hippogryph with mine as skin for the ENTIRE game!

It's easy to do because I prepared all you need inside the archived folders you can find in comments. The files in the bundle are only for World Editor imports, while this method is for personalization of your own game.

I stored the files like the game does, so they should be applied instantly after being placed in the game folder on the disk like this :

.../Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/_retail_/Units/NightElf/(Ridden)Hippogryph/ [3 files of each unit : .mdx, portrait.mdx and .dds]
If you're still struggling, ask me for the "localfiles" regkey addition, so I'll finaly bother to finish my project, or use Quenching mode (just once).

In short : just extract the .rar in comments and place the folder "Units" inside of the "_retail_" directory of your game.

Update 1 : New texture (model) : the High Elf "Silver Covenant" Hippogryph (HE1)

Update 2 : New model : the Classic-like unarmored Hippogryph (for every models !)
- I also edited a bit the beak and added the emissives textures.

Update 3 : I'm not dumb anymore and everything is now properly imported! ... Also, you won't have to rename imported textures path in WE anymore :D (So do NOT remove "war3mapImported/")

Update 4 : New texture (model) : a new High Elf Hippogryph (HE2) (more like the others High Elves units)
- This Hippogryph is inspired by the Cloudwing Hippogryph which maybe was the inspiration for the Hearthstone Hippogryph, which probably was the inspiration for the very first Hippogryph skin from the Reforged beta that was so... parrot)
- I also edited a bit the High Elves' helmet and shoulders. (not on unarmored for now because it's relou to do xD)

Update 5 : New texture : The Classic Hippogryph (NE2) inspired from the good old Warcraft 3 hippogryph !
- I was working on another NE golden skin and I accidently remade something very close, so I just completely followed this idea! The Archer is inspired from the ancient NE empire or something.
- I also added a silver version of this skin so you can simply put it instead of the first NE1 skin, combinable with Unamored models for the most Classical style!

Update 6 : 2 new models : Blood elves! (Only with golden eyes for now, because that's already too weird)
- The first hippogryph is still very close of the old Reforged beta Hippogryph skin (it actually served me as a base for every skins), (or at least its model from Hearthstone) ; and the second one is a sort of Emerald Hippogryph, but matching with blood elves.
I wanted very different elves, so the BE1 one looks more simple, with colors inspired from Blood knights ; and the BE2 archer is the most "futuristic", like a partial return to the nature despite her still shiny sin'dorei style.
- With that I did a major update to the NE2 skins and also some minor changes to HE1 skin and HE2 golden tint so it's more like the others units in game.

Update 7 : New model : Nightborne Hippogryph!
- This last hippogryph is basically the Forgotten Hippogryph. I wanted to make a Nightborne and discovered this skin from Broken Isles! (I'll try to make the Pauldron magic leaves more translucent... and it could be quite the same idea for HE1 too)
- Reduced sizes of all .dds textures by 50% (because they were so heavy wtf)... I checked in game and in fact the displaying is almost identical, even in high resolution. (Maybe not with Quenching Mod, so maybe I'll add the full sized textures nearby anyway)
- Twiked a bit HE and BE archers and hippogryphs so they have unique helmet, shoulders leaves and collar.

Update 8 :
- Added Archer's Emissives (glowing eyes notably) to the riders, so they're all nice... Oh and, as I made 6 Archer skins for my hippogryphs, I think it's time to finally add all their custom models as well xD. (I also changed the green parts of the basic NE archer so it fits more my hippogryphs, Ashenvale...)
- Last Improvements and bug fixings on every models : blood death animations at spawn, textures errors/paths, weird normals on beaks and collars.

Update 9 :
- I remade everything properly with the lastests versions of RMS, so everything should be fixed so far ! (Archer Rider's were bad looking because I had broken the ORM ^^')
- The beak is better as well; I wonder if I should make it a bit more "fantastic" like in WoW and even for other ravens in Reforged... (and duplicate all models once more xD )
- I also added golden versions of the "NE1" Cenarion War Hippogryph and the basic Archer because why not afterall.

Coming :
- Hippogryph icons (I already posted the archers as they were the easiests to do, but there is much more... why did I omit to edit them in the same time of the rest? T_T )
- I want to work on a script to automatize the mod installation... (But will I be killed if I try to import a .bat file on HW ?)

For your culture, here are my main inspirations :

NE1: TCG Corrupted Hippogryph (shapes); Thunderhead Hippogryph (color);
Cenarion War Hippogryph figurine (armor, color, and 'cause it's pretty)
NE2: Well that's basically our old buddy
HE1: Silver Covenant Hippogryph (unarmored)
HE2: Cloudwing Hippogryph
BE1: Hearthstone Hippogryph
BE2: Emerald Hippogryph
NE3: Long-Forgotten Hippogryph (Nightbornes)
Previews
Contents

Archer BE Fel Main Emissive (50%) (Texture)

Archer BE1 Fel Main (50%) (Texture)

Archer BE2 Fel Main (50%) (Texture)

Hippogryph BE Fel Emissive (50%) (Texture)

Hippogryph BE1 Fel (50%) (Texture)

Hippogryph BE2 Fel (50%) (Texture)

Hippogryph NE0 (Icon)

Hippogryph NE1 (Icon)

Hippogryph NE1.2 (Icon)

Hippogryph NE2 (Icon)

Hippogryph NE2.1 (Icon)

Hippogryph HE1 (Icon)

Hippogryph HE2 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider NE1 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider NE1.2 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider NE1.3 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider NE2 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider NE2.1 (Icon)

Hippogryph Rider HE1 (Icon)

Ridden Hippogryph HE2 (Icon)

Archer NE1 (Icon)

Archer NE2 (Icon)

Archer NE3 (Icon)

Archer HE1 (Icon)

Archer HE2 (Icon)

Archer BE1A (Icon)

Archer BE1B (Icon)

Archer BE2A (Icon)

Archer BE2B (Icon)

Archers' fixed ORM ! (50%) (Texture)

Archer NE1.2 Main (50%) (Texture)

Archer NE1.2 Main (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph NE1.2 Main (50%) (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph NE1.2 Main (Texture)

Hippogryph NE1 Main Diffuse NEWNEWFINALNEWEDITION! (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph V0 Main (from beta) (50%) (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph V2 NE2.1 Main (50%) (Texture)

Hippogryph NE1 Emissive (50%) (Texture)

Archer Blood Elf 1 (Model)

Archer Blood Elf 2 (Model)

Archer High Elf 1 (Model)

Archer High Elf 2 (Model)

Archer Night Elf 2 (Model)

Archer Night Elf 3 (Model)

Hippogryph Blood Elf 1 (Model)

Hippogryph Blood Elf 2 (Model)

Hippogryph Night Elf 3 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph Blood Elf 1 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph Blood Elf 2 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 3 (Model)

Unamored Hippogryph Blood Elf 1 (Model)

Unamored Hippogryph Blood Elf 2 (Model)

Unamored Ridden Hippogryph Blood Elf 1 (Model)

Unamored Ridden Hippogryph Blood Elf 2 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph Night Elf 3 (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 3 (Model)

Hippogryph Night Elf 1 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph Night Elf 1 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 1 (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 1 (Model)

Hippogryph Night Elf 2 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph Night Elf 2 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 2 (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph Night Elf 2 (Model)

Hippogryph High Elf 1 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph High Elf 1 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph High Elf 1 (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph High Elf 1 (Model)

Hippogryph High Elf 2 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph High Elf 2 (Model)

Ridden Hippogryph High Elf 2 (Model)

Unamored Ridden Hippogryph High Elf 2 (Model)

Which Hippogryph skin (NE1) is the best ?

• the first one (of mines)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • the first new one (should be the cleanest)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • the new new one (just merged the two lol)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • the old one (plz no)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the first old one (wtf ?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the new one inspired from the classic one :D

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Here is the "mod" to substitute the standard Hippogryph:

Just extract the archive you want and put the "Unit" folder into your game file "retail" and it should work... If not, tell me.
But it should always work with Quenching Mod (after its installation, be careful because it resets all content in retail folder).

Use "NE1" for the Cenarion War skin and "NE2.1" for the Classic skin... (So "NE2.1_Unarmored" is certified nostalgia! :D )

The "Mix" ones use the unarmored Hippogryph and the regular armored Ridden Hippogryph (you can do whatever you want with the files)

Soon™ I will try something to make installation easier... (Current update : complete, debugged, but Portraits still not perfects)

But for now I can give you the regkey to Allow Local Files, just click the .reg file and your computer will explode allow modding on Warcraft 3.

Attachments

• HippogryphV2 NE1 (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 68
  • HippogryphV2 NE1_MixUnarmored (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    4 MB · Views: 26
  • HippogryphV2 NE1_Unarmored (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • HippogryphV2 NE2.1 (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
  • HippogryphV2 NE2.1_MixUnarmored (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • HippogryphV2 NE2.1_Unarmored (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 27
  • WC3_AllowLocalFiles.rar
    282 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

AON

AON

Level 2
great work
How import the custom models to 3dmax or convert to fbx?

Do a Hippogryph Rider Variant with either a High Elf or Blood Elf Archer.
So I tried to make an Hight Elf version! inspired by the Silver Covenant Hippogryph.

But I still don't know how to share it properly, so I added it with the other files, but maybe I have to create a totally new thread-bundle?

Anyway, feel free to advise me on how I could improve this, it's hard to find the right colors and match them! x)

It only use new textures. I tried to use the already existing High Elf Archer but it causes some issues so I chose the easy way. And that's also perfect because I just already did an un-tattooed and fair-skinned version of the Night Elf Archer for someone else!
And I managed to simply remove the moon by turning it invisible.
I also wanted to turn some crystals purple like the Hippogryph's eyes, but I have to remove the team color on the ORM in addition... Or maybe I should just completely remove the purple? The hair maybe looks weird too...
(yeah I have an eye for detail :ogre_haosis: ) But damn, these files are heavy...

I could do a Blood Elf version but it's really becoming weirder and weirder lore-wise... they're supposed to be Kalimdor beasts... Dragonhawks are nice too... maybe you want an archer on a dragonhawk ? o:

Last edited:
Level 21
Can you make it so you can have both versions? The High Elf and Night one version at the same time?

And yeah...
Will be really handy for my Campaign and thank you...

Can you make it so you can have both versions? The High Elf and Night one version at the same time?

And yeah...
Will be really handy for my Campaign and thank you...
Uh, what ? I don't get it x)

You can't just create a custom unit with the High Elf textures while using the Night Elf textures on the regular hippogryph ?

Last edited:
I upload the unarmored Hippogryph as well!
Without the archer's helmet too... I wonder if I should also remove her cloak; I tried and it looks fine but the classic version had one so I don't touch it. I improved a bit the beak btw.

Also, I keep the models and their portraits separate, which can be quite boring for imports, but it's how the in-game files works so we can easily replace the files (the animations are also not directly compatible)...
But should I manage to include functionnal portrait directly into the models anyway? (Oh okay I just checked... for now the view is... interesting x) )

And indeed, I added it on the first comment as a "mod"; it works the same way, just put it in "retail" folder.

(... yeah, he has a squint, but it's not my fault xD )

Last edited:
Wonderful. Gonna make more versions? I have in mind Argent Hippogryph with human crossbowman on his back.
Hum, I'm working on a golden version for the High elf... maybe as a Blood elf but I prefer to stay lore-friendly... and I'm already at the limits x)

I'm also very noob, so an human crossbowman... well btw I'm trying to make an human (footman) rifleman, and it's already tricky to make him hold his weapon properly... but it doesn't looks so bad so I could reuse it with gnoll's crossbow... but definitely not on a hippogryph (maybe a griphon xD )

I also tried to improve a bit the beak and antlers, I'll update the picture.
(care if you downloaded the HE yesterday, I forgot to remove the moon, but now it's fixed ^^)

Oh and I can't promise anything, but I'll try to see if I can make icons.

Last edited:
Level 21
Would be nice if you could use all three, and the more armored one can be a hero unit and could have a air battle for themselves...

Then the un-armored one could be for a basic unit too and such...

And would be nice as well if the High Elf model could be used too...

Can you do both versions?
For the High Elf as well to be un-armored as well and such...

Would be nice if you could use all three, and the more armored one can be a hero unit and could have a air battle for themselves...

Then the un-armored one could be for a basic unit too and such...

And would be nice as well if the High Elf model could be used too...

Can you do both versions?
For the High Elf as well to be un-armored as well and such...
It's not currently possible ? So I think I have to reupload the same models with different texture paths... That's heavy but it should be easy.
Sorry I'm not used to imports in the editor, I'll test that. x)

So... I should've started importing all these things for a while, but anyway it's coming soon...

It will take a little time as I have like 24 models in total for 6 different sets of skins! x)
I understood it's the way you can use all of them at once, so I did a mdx for each combinaison. With that I also tried little edits but not much for now.

I took too much time trying to merge portraits on the main models... I wrote a python program and I almost managed to success... but it's still a bit stretched so I'll continue that later x)
(It adds to every portrait frames the translations/rotations from the 0th frame (Stand1) so it's better corresponding with the actual portrait "T-pose", but not totally, so I'm also thinking about other methods...)
When it works properly, we'll all have nice portraits :D )
For now there is just one Portrait mdx to replace the game file, and for the other models I just moved the camera more logically.

So let's begin with the new High Elf (Silver Covenant) skin, I hope it looks better (or at least it's more functionnal)
(The pink is for arcane, and precisely, the leaves are like from Crystalsong Forest)

And... another High Elf skin! The colors of this one should be much closer to the good old High Elves. (I bring back the facial tattos because it looks nice, like Alleria)
I reused the very first Reforged Hippogryph skin and desaturated its colors a bit so it looks more like its model from WoW.

As I learned how to edit skins much more efficiently, I also added a new "better" version for the basic Hippogryph, it's much cleaner from close but I'm still not sure about its its overall appearance so I keep both for now. (Before/After)
Edit : I merged the two version in a third texture, cause I like compromises.

Last edited:
Level 2
So I tried to make an Hight Elf version! inspired by the Silver Covenant Hippogryph.

But I still don't know how to share it properly, so I added it with the other files, but maybe I have to create a totally new thread-bundle?

Anyway, feel free to advise me on how I could improve this, it's hard to find the right colors and match them! x)

It only use new textures. I tried to use the already existing High Elf Archer but it causes some issues so I chose the easy way. And that's also perfect because I just already did an un-tattooed and fair-skinned version of the Night Elf Archer for someone else!
And I managed to simply remove the moon by turning it invisible.
I also wanted to turn some crystals purple like the Hippogryph's eyes, but I have to remove the team color on the ORM in addition... Or maybe I should just completely remove the purple? The hair maybe looks weird too...
(yeah I have an eye for detail :ogre_haosis: ) But damn, these files are heavy...

I could do a Blood Elf version but it's really becoming weirder and weirder lore-wise... they're supposed to be Kalimdor beasts... Dragonhawks are nice too... maybe you want an archer on a dragonhawk ? o:
hello sir amazing work can you make a hawksrider for the blood elves hd reforge maybe a dragon hawk rider on land version if its ok <3 amazing works

Attachments

• 174060-swift-purple-hawkstrider.jpg
    174060-swift-purple-hawkstrider.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 22
hello sir amazing work can you make a hawksrider for the blood elves hd reforge maybe a dragon hawk rider on land version if its ok <3 amazing works

Hum yeah that's an Idea, but the Hawk from WoW is pretty ugly :/ (and ridiculous, they basically reused the mechanostrider xD) I saw something like that much nicer in Heroes of the Storm, but it might be much harder to use...

... An unicorn should be easier! And it's actually older than these chikens :° (with high elves highborns)
It was on of their emblem, so it would make sens to make unicorn their favorite ground mount, since hawk (dragonhawk) is already their favorite flying mount (and personally, the only ground hawk I can find is this thing xD )

By the way, I finished to update everything I added so far (but the screenshots), the mod in the first comment in particular.
(I have twice these things to add and other ideas again aaaaaah)
Oh and I tried to make a little useless poll but I don't know how to delete it x)

Last edited:
So I finally added Blood elves... yeah, kind of futuristic blood elves riding Hippogryph, because why not (why ? because yes). That's why they have golden eyes... but I'll add a green option too because I've already gone too far anyway... xD

With that I updated NE2 skin, I think I finally found how I wanted it to look like (an highborne) ; and the Classic Hippogryph was too dull (I compared).

I also did some minor
changes to HE1 (skin) and HE2 (golden tint). So the Silver Covenant High Elf doesn't have the exact same skin color as the other HE (which was boring).
And I think this golden tint is better, so I just use the same for my 3 golden models (Maybe I shouldn't ? As I'm doing with the silver tint...)

I can also add a golden version of BE1 if someone needs it.
If someone really wants it I could even make the basic NE archer ride every hippogryph I made so far! x)

I'm busy but I wanted to finally release these two for a while. I still want to add at least one skin, and I'll update the other pictures later because I still have to update everything, but it's more a technical "issue" this time.
... I also completely forgot to add the archers alone, it should be a bit important too xD

Last edited:
how can i change the Eye cooler of the BF archers to green ?
Oh yeah right, I wanted to add that since a good time, but I was making other things in the same time. So earlier I just hurried to finish something and now I finally imported them! (The "Fel" files)

BTW I just lost a good part of my work for the icons buttons, basically all the things related to the simple Archer (If you want an untattooed archer's face skin for another work... deal with the blue skin of NE2).
So it's a good thing I've already finished these icons! The Hippogryph parts are fine, so I'll be able to finish without depressing.
(I was too tired and used the "cutter" tool in Gimp without checking "this layer only", then saved and filled the history before realizing... and that's the only file I've nerver made any backup of... lol)

Last edited:
Level 12
Oh yeah right, I wanted to add that since a good time, but I was making other things in the same time. So earlier I just hurried to finish something and now I finally imported them! (The "Fel" files)

BTW I just lost a good part of my work for the icons buttons, basically all the things related to the simple Archer (If you want an untattooed archer's face skin for another work... deal with the blue skin of NE2).
So it's a good thing I've already finished these icons! The Hippogryph parts are fine, so I'll be able to finish without depressing.
(I was too tired and used the "cutter" tool in Gimp without checking "this layer only", then saved and filled the history before realizing... and that's the only file I've nerver made any backup of... lol)
its cool the models you did for the blood elves can by used a a farstrider ranger unit so its aculy preety usfel for an upgerd for the BE and HE archer unit 👍

Very good. However, this model needs a portrait. The portrait now has a black background in-game.
I'll try to test that. Which model did you test specifically ?

I'm still working on the icons and almost finished some... But my World Editor no longer work since  the update, even after everything I tried to reset the game (including regkeys). I'll try to bring it back on my SSD even if the change was never noticeable, my computer is too weak anyway.

But at least I can still open the main game, and with the Local Files regkey, I can still use my prepared map to test all the files without touching at the World Editor! Oof... :peasant-work-work: (Motivation has not completely faded but I don't think I'll be quick either...)

Edit : I figured out! My WorldEdit opens and freezes, but it's only because of the base map, so when I open the editor from clicking on my own map file, everything works!

Last edited:
Very good. However, this model needs a portrait. The portrait now has a black background in-game.
Oh actually I know, nothing changed. I positionned the cameras so the models looks fine enough, not using any special animation, but I couldn't manage to reuse the background (I think it's possible to tinker the visibility correctly but the animations are incompatible between models and their portraits...). For my mod only I did a portrait file so it looks even more natural on game, and it was already tricky to get just an "okay" result. And mainly, I don't think having again twice the amount of files just to have a colored background on the portrait is a bit too heavy.

(OH BTW now that I can open my editor I can finally notice that the holded Ctrl+Z has been somehow fixed <3 )

Level 2
That's great modeling.
Just to add a little, the background of the portrait appears black in the part where the portrait is visible in the game.
It would be better if the team color was shown on the back of the portrait.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
Yeah I tried but I couldn't figure out how not to mess it up. This unit and portrait are really badly matching, so I only managed to tinker it for having a perfect modding unnoticeable. But else I rather like the portrait included in the model ; it's one less set of files, and it seems more optimized? Like that it's one less file and un-ugly enough. I'll still try again cause I think it's possible to recreate some separated animations withthe proper background and clouds...

So hi, I'm finally adding some icons hehe, imnotlateyouare-
Well, at least the two first skins. I mirrored some to differenciate them more easily in case everything is used at once in game.
Edit: But... don't expect unarmored icons. :neap:

I still have some question about .bat script on HiveW for the modding, would it be on rules to just put it like nothing in comments ?
In fact when I'll have time I wish to create other little scripts like that for easy little fixing mods like little Quenching mods, but little (or maybe I'll just directly end up working for Quenching mod).

Last edited:
Well, In fact I have a last one that seems ready! (yeah I did not touch that for a long time; since then, I encountered, understood and fixed some weird thing based on Gimp functioning of transparent layers, so at least I improved... And aren't those very tiny glowing eyes beautiful?). So here's HE1 already! BUT I'll have to say I still barely worked on the last 4 ones, and I'm not sure it'll come as soonTM. (it's not that hard, but my life is... or it's my brain but same thing at the end) I also really don't want to see unfinished products around in the wild like when I saw HE1 in Quenching mod. (It's like I have CSW quality standards, but without any of the skills lol)

BTW I'm just a bit sad my Hippogryph is only used on Quel'Thalas maps (so High Elven), which is not the best lore thing but I understand it's the most unique part of it anyway.:peasant-thinking:
Thinking about it, I find it would be interesting to use the original Reforged model for this purpose, which's less a crow, but then makes a perfect sort of Hippogryph subspecie from EK and Northrend (maybe it's still better than robbing gryphons from wildhammers)... But well, I always need to push more people to use my rightfully made Night Elven crow beak ! Or if someone more skilled do better that's also all I dream for. (I saw someone importing one purple from WoW but I don't know if it could be entirely compatible. I'd like to see them all run on the ground as well...)

You know, I liked to make many Hippogryph skins, and as much Archers, that are matching with each other, BUT you can just tinker with the filenames to put a Night Elf on any Hippogryph! Tho to make a race between every one at once you'd have to copypaste the same files again and again or edit .mdl... I can help if you ask, or better use the unmounted beasts xD (sadly I couldn't turn it into a fully "untamed" model, but that's another idea).

Edit : Oh crap, I just noticed I did forgot to import HE2 archer icon!
Also, how could I have my bundle reviewed by staff for "Director's cut"?

Last edited:
Level 3
Well, In fact I have a last one that seems ready! (yeah I did not touch that for a long time; since then, I encountered, understood and fixed some weird thing based on Gimp functioning of transparent layers, so at least I improved... And aren't those very tiny glowing eyes beautiful?). So here's HE1 already! BUT I'll have to say I still barely worked on the last 4 ones, and I'm not sure it'll come as soonTM. (it's not that hard, but my life is... or it's my brain but same thing at the end) I also really don't want to see unfinished products around in the wild like when I saw HE1 in Quenching mod. (It's like I have CSW quality standards, but without any of the skills lol)

BTW I'm just a bit sad my Hippogryph is only used on Quel'Thalas maps (so High Elven), which is not the best lore thing but I understand it's the most unique part of it anyway.:peasant-thinking:
Thinking about it, I find it would be interesting to use the original Reforged model for this purpose, which's less a crow, but then makes a perfect sort of Hippogryph subspecie from EK and Northrend (maybe it's still better than robbing gryphons from wildhammers)... But well, I always need to push more people to use my rightfully made Night Elven crow beak ! Or if someone more skilled do better that's also all I dream for. (I saw someone importing one purple from WoW but I don't know if it could be entirely compatible. I'd like to see them all run on the ground as well...)

You know, I liked to make many Hippogryph skins, and as much Archers, that are matching with each other, BUT you can just tinker with the filenames to put a Night Elf on any Hippogryph! Tho to make a race between every one at once you'd have to copypaste the same files again and again or edit .mdl... I can help if you ask, or better use the unmounted beasts xD (sadly I couldn't turn it into a fully "untamed" model, but that's another idea).

Edit : Oh crap, I just noticed I did forgot to import HE2 archer icon!
Also, how could I have my bundle reviewed by staff for "Director's cut"?
will there be BE icons to make?