Reforged Hippogryph - Fixed textures&models (+ Unarmored and High Elf skin)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hi, it's my first model so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right... Anyway, I reworked the Reforged Hippogryph so it's finally... a real hippogryph! :peasant-cheers-back:

It's mainly the same as the Reforged one, but with noticeable changes :

- New skin, inspired from the WoW Cenarion War Hippogryph, instead of a simple black layer over the first skin of this poor boi (you know, the parrot from Hearthstone xD )
- A less parot-like model with :
- Smaller chest
- Head and neck more forward (With fixed animations for the problems it caused)
- And that true raven-like beak! (because it's not a gryphon!)
- And all of these for the Ridden Hippogryph as well! (it's not my fault if the head armor clips, but at least I completed the collar)
- And both their portraits (It was hard to deal with them as they have not the same basic T-pose :c )
(- And I removed LODs btw, I did right?)

I have the folder prepared so it's easy to put all the bundle in the game, but I can't import it like this so I put it in comments.
So below here are all the files at once, stored like in game, so we can directly replace the original models in the entire game.
They should apply instantly after being placed in the game folder on the disk like :
.../Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/_retail_/Units/NightElf/(Ridden)Hippogryph/ [3 files of each unit : .mdx, portrait.mdx and .dds]

In short : just extract the .rar in comments and place the folder "Units" inside of the "_retail_" directory of your game.

Edit :
New texture : the High Elf Ridden Hippogryph!

Edit2 : New model : the Classic-like unarmored Hippogryph!

The inspiration for the Reforged Hippogryph :
Hearthstone Hippogryph (itself probably inspired by the Cloudwing Hippogryph)

VS mine :
TCG Corrupted Hippogryph (shapes)
Thunderhead Hippogryph (color)
Cenarion War Hippogryph (figurine) (armor, color, and cause it's nice)
Silver Covenant Hippogryph (unarmored)
Previews
Contents

High Elf Hippogryph (Texture)

High Elf Hippogryph Emissive (Texture)

High Elf Rider Weapon (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph V2 Emissive (Texture)

High Elf Rider Hair (Texture)

High Elf Rider Main (Texture)

High Elf Rider Main ORM (Texture)

High Elf Rider Pauldron (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph V2 (Model)

Reforged Hippogryph V2 Main (Texture)

Reforged Hippogryph V2 Portrait (Model)

Reforged Ridden Hippogryph V2 (Model)

Reforged Ridden Hipporgryph V2 Portrait (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph V2 (Model)

Unarmored Hippogryph V2 Portrait (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph V2 Portrait (Model)

Unarmored Ridden Hippogryph V2 (Model)

Level 4
Here is the "mod" to substitute the standard Hippogryph :
Just extract the archive you want and put the "Unit" folder into your game file "retail" and it should work (or not but at least it's here c: )
You can also mix the files if you want, like keeping the armor on the Ridden Hippogryph only.

Attachments

• HippogryphV2 (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    6 MB · Views: 7
  • HippogryphV2-Unarmored (_retail_-Units-...).rar
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

AON

AON

Level 2
great work
How import the custom models to 3dmax or convert to fbx?

Level 4
Do a Hippogryph Rider Variant with either a High Elf or Blood Elf Archer.
So I tried to make an Hight Elf version! inspired by the Silver Covenant Hippogryph.

But I still don't know how to share it properly, so I added it with the other files, but maybe I have to create a totally new thread-bundle?

Anyway, feel free to advise me on how I could improve this, it's hard to find the right colors and match them! x)

It only use new textures. I tried to use the already existing High Elf Archer but it causes some issues so I chose the easy way. And that's also perfect because I just already did an un-tattooed and fair-skinned version of the Night Elf Archer for someone else!
And I managed to simply remove the moon by turning it invisible.
I also wanted to turn some crystals purple like the Hippogryph's eyes, but I have to remove the team color on the ORM in addition... Or maybe I should just completely remove the purple? The hair maybe looks weird too...
(yeah I have an eye for detail :ogre_haosis: ) But damn, these files are heavy...

I could do a Blood Elf version but it's really becoming weirder and weirder lore-wise... they're supposed to be Kalimdor beasts... Dragonhawks are nice too... maybe you want an archer on a dragonhawk ? o:

Attachments

• HighElf (Ridden)Hippogryph.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Level 4
Can you make it so you can have both versions? The High Elf and Night one version at the same time?

And yeah...
Will be really handy for my Campaign and thank you...
Uh, what ? I don't get it x)

You can't just create a custom unit with the High Elf textures while using the Night Elf textures on the regular hippogryph ?

Last edited:
Level 4
I upload the unarmored Hippogryph as well!
Without the archer's helmet too... I wonder if I should also remove her cloak; I tried and it looks fine but the classic version had one so I don't touch it. I improved a bit the beak btw.

Also, I keep the models and their portraits separate, which can be quite boring for imports, but it's how the in-game files works so we can easily replace the files (the animations are also not directly compatible)...
But should I manage to include functionnal portrait directly into the models anyway? (Oh okay I just checked... for now the view is... interesting x) )

And indeed, I added it on the first comment as a "mod"; it works the same way, just put it in "retail" folder.

(... yeah, he has a squint, but it's not my fault xD )

Last edited:
Level 4
Wonderful. Gonna make more versions? I have in mind Argent Hippogryph with human crossbowman on his back.
Hum, I'm working on a golden version for the High elf... maybe as a Blood elf but I prefer to stay lore-friendly... and I'm already at the limits x)

I'm also very noob, so an human crossbowman... well btw I'm trying to make an human (footman) rifleman, and it's already tricky to make him hold his weapon properly... but it doesn't looks so bad so I could reuse it with gnoll's crossbow... but definitely not on a hippogryph (maybe a griphon xD )

I also tried to improve a bit the beak and antlers, I'll update the picture.
(care if you downloaded the HE yesterday, I forgot to remove the moon, but now it's fixed ^^)

Oh and I can't promise anything, but I'll try to see if I can make icons.

Last edited:
Level 19
Would be nice if you could use all three, and the more armored one can be a hero unit and could have a air battle for themselves...

Then the un-armored one could be for a basic unit too and such...

And would be nice as well if the High Elf model could be used too...

Can you do both versions?
For the High Elf as well to be un-armored as well and such...

Level 4
Would be nice if you could use all three, and the more armored one can be a hero unit and could have a air battle for themselves...

Then the un-armored one could be for a basic unit too and such...

And would be nice as well if the High Elf model could be used too...

Can you do both versions?
For the High Elf as well to be un-armored as well and such...
It's not currently possible ? So I think I have to reupload the same models with different texture paths... That's heavy but it should be easy.
Sorry I'm not used to imports in the editor, I'll test that. x)