Hi, it's my first model so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right... Anyway, I reworked the Reforged Hippogryph so it's finally... a real hippogryph!
It's mainly the same as the Reforged one, but with noticeable changes :
- New skin, inspired from the WoW Cenarion War Hippogryph, instead of a simple black layer over the first skin of this poor boi (you know, the parrot from Hearthstone xD )
- A less parot-like model with :
- Smaller chest
- Head and neck more forward (With fixed animations for the problems it caused)
- And that true raven-like beak! (because it's not a gryphon!)
- And all of these for the Ridden Hippogryph as well! (it's not my fault if the head armor clips, but at least I completed the collar)
- And both their portraits (It was hard to deal with them as they have not the same basic T-pose :c )
(- And I removed LODs btw, I did right?)
I have the folder prepared so it's easy to put all the bundle in the game, but I can't import it like this so I put it in comments.
So below here are all the files at once, stored like in game, so we can directly replace the original models in the entire game.
They should apply instantly after being placed in the game folder on the disk like :
.../Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/_retail_/Units/NightElf/(Ridden)Hippogryph/ [3 files of each unit : .mdx, portrait.mdx and .dds]
In short : just extract the .rar in comments and place the folder "Units" inside of the "_retail_" directory of your game.
New texture : the High Elf Ridden Hippogryph
New model : the Classic-like unarmored Hippogryph
The inspiration for the Reforged Hippogryph :
(itself probably inspired by the Cloudwing Hippogryph
VS mine :
TCG Corrupted Hippogryph
Cenarion War Hippogryph (figurine)
(armor, color, and cause it's nice)
Silver Covenant Hippogryph (unarmored)