1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged code is broken lazy mess. Beware

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Anaxie, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't like any of them. The brightened one makes it look like it's painted while the contrasted option kills lots of colours, shapes and whatnot.

3. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    High Elf emessary appears in both the editor and at the begining of Undead RoC campaign chapter 3.

I noticed two Fel Orc models and one non Fel Orc. At the end of RoC Human Chapter 1 fel orc slave master in Classic was an inconsistency, he's supposed to be green, so I'm actually glad they changed him to green.

4. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    from Warcraft Scourgeposting

[​IMG]

you could justify and rationalize the crystals and the illustrious design, but there's the Draenei and the Aldor insignia; the design is even out of place with the background terrain

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think the designers took way more influence from WoW than from-- the actual thing they were recreating.

I imagine they waltzed into Alternate Draenor and were like "Yup, that's Ogre stuff, make it smaller, grittier, and ship it."

6. Domcho

Domcho

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't started the Rexxar campaign yet, and now I don't think I even want to... I can't believe they are too lazy to make proper Ogre buildings.

7. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually liked him red, it shows that he was one of the big guys in the Blackrock Clan like Jubei'thos

they made lots of other stuff, but none for Ogre huts; their priorities are really off

8. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you have to remember there were no Ogre buildings to begin with; they used Draenei buildings, which is why they are still Draenei buildings now.

On a related note I finally decided to unpack one of my campaign files into the local files for the 1.32 patch and it really opened up just how broken the Custom Campaign module was (the fact is Reforged outright ignores anything you did in it), which is really weird because it wasn't THAT broken during the beta.

9. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's not it; if they can make 435234534254352 models for Paladins and Dreadlords, they should've been able to make these as well

10. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't mind if they just used the normal Ogre huts, the ones that the other Ogres in the village have, just maybe a bit bigger. They aren't that important. I'm simply bothered by the fact that they use Draenei buildings. I mean they look 100% like they were taken straight out of Telaar, and besides the obviouseness of their Draenei looks, they're even named Draenei huts in the editor. It's like the devs saw these buildings and thought, why not use them for something, like shiny Ogre Chieftain. I mean they don't even look like huts 100%, they originally probably had other purposes, farm, lumbermill, shop, their look supports my theory that the Draenei were originally planed to have a playable chapter in TfT Blood Elf Campaign, before Reforged/Redone Campaigns got scrapped. And the devs probably thought, since we have them let's use it for something.
    Well that depends on how you look at it. Yes in Warcraft 3 Classic they had no buildings, they used the gnoll ones. (but still they didn't use the Draenei mushrooms :p) But in Warcraft 2, they had they're own building within the Horde. And if you take WoW into account they had a large empire with massive cities long before the Draenei even came to Draenor.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's not. Retcons, how much can we take anymore. Ogres were always meant to be tribal and savage, not Eredars from outer space or castle building geniuses.
    It's Gul'dan who made the Ogres smarter-civilized by desecrating the high elven runestones.

12. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    You mean other than the fact that Ogres generally DON'T live in their own buildings? The only 'structure' WoW used for them up to WoD was the standard "Ogre Mound" cave/hill and then the rest of it they squatted in everyone else's buildings.

13. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes. Those caves should be the models

14. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Everyone acting like the did this in purpose

Guys they didnt do shit to majority of missions.

You think they even opened this map? Nwahahahhahahaha

To be fair the old dreenei buildsings qete great ogre houses though. Im sure your lizardmen of azorbia would look out of place woth these new buildings @Razorclaw_X

In other more important news.

About the cuatom campaigns.

Thats just terrible news. Maybe its not coming? They couldnt be this goolish surely not to even communicate this years ago.

15. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found this kind of funny. I knew the Campaign progression was saved locally, but not where.

Want Reforged portraits without owning Reforged? : warcraft3

Now rocking a Kel'thuzad Lich portrait on Battle.net because of this (not that it honestly matters, but it beats rocking an Acolyte.)

And just before someone else asks, I haven't successfully ported old Campaign data into the Classic folder.

16. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They fixed Twilight of the Gods (hyjal) tyrande classic missions and succubus.

Im not gonna say Blizzard is watching this thread but..... Theyre probably watching this thread.

Next up does anyone have any similiar experiences to THIS post i havnt played it yet in Reforged
    The FInal TFT Night Elf Mission
    Brothers Stormrage

EDIT:

Archimonde now lvl 10 and has items in Hyjal
    Rage Winterchill Spawns at all predetermined times

HOWEVER anetheron still wont spawn for his Wave 10 which repeats through Wave 9-11 indefinetly at Jainas base only. This was present in 1.32.1.

despite them saying they fixed invisible units in campaign. Base #1 after jainas base is destroyed is still invsible from the screens earlier in this thread.

The Above link from the Brothers Stormrage level. The poster must be a dumbshit Orange attacked with a group and its lich within the first 5 mins of the mission i just checked.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean like their official forums?
    (that stuff is there)

18. Domcho

Domcho

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kam Ghostseer saw my reddit post about Twilight of the Gods and said they'll fix it.

19. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well for whatever reason anetheron still wont spawn on wave 10 at jainas

New power in lordaeron still has intact doodad gates because they redid this map and added many ornate capital city spire doodads Its subtle but you notice it when you look at the right side of map specifically the entrance. And all around the walled city.

Garithos entrance is right at balnazzars demon portal.

Its a classic level they "reforged" and broke like all the levels they reforged with cities in them

Comsidering the AI cannot attack anyone. Its a pretty big blunder

20. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm... u/Kam_Ghostseer also replied to my inconsistencies post in reddit; there's more hope