1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

redscores Spell Factory Mark 2 REQUEST SPELLS HERE.

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by redscores, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure if redscores would agree with me, but that 2nd spell is amazingly easy to do with 1 or 2 simple triggers, ghost.

~Asomath

2. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i know. i tried once, and it worked. but it didnt randomly fall on the ground however, just on the units.

3. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ok herman, well Asomath is right, thats a work of 10 minutes, your whole request, but I will do it.

Your spellpack is done Ghost765.

Attached to the main post.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  4. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you redscores. +rep and credits of course
    so both spells are not MUI?

5. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I dont do MUI GUI, because it is very shitty, it leaks most time.

To tell you, astronomician teleportation is really close to be MUI, because it takes only 0.01 seconds or less to apply.

6. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm, the mass holy light being MUI i could care less about, but if you could show me how to make the Teleport MUI that would be nice.

7. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Teleport is nearly MUI. There are no waits inside, so it will be very rare that it bugs, a chance of 0.1% i would say.

8. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    excellent. your work is most appreciated redscores. credits of course. rep has already been given i believe

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah, ive got another request :D
    Strength in Numbers
    Passive
    For every 3 friendly units (doesnt matter if they dont have Strength in Numbers as well) around unit A, unit A gains 2% damage increase, and a 2% armor increase.

No special affect needed.

This will be used on nearly all my units in a faction.

10. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You cant armor increase % and your spell is not in GUI good doable, armor in % is impossible, even in JASS.

11. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmm, can you increase it by .1?

12. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, you can do either damage increase or armor increase by any increment

The only problem, is getting the damage and armor of the unit

In this case, you'd need to set-up a unit-type data system, which you'd need to keep a record of each units starting armor and attack damage

Next, you'd need to use a PUI type of system to keep record of each individual units attack and armor as they change throughout the game (this won't be that easy, because there is no simple event for this)

Basically, you'd need to create a whole system to record armor and attack damage for each unit and each unit-type

This can be done, except it will need to be totally customized for each map, rather than having a generic spell

As for the decimal increments, both could be done using a BonusMod type of system, although I haven't quite figured out the conversion math yet, I know it is do-able

All in all, this is do-able, except its kind of like a very small application for an extensively useful system

I could not write up this spell for you, but I could provide code for a number of the systems.(it will all be in vJASS)

EDIT - Only thing you can't do, is have permanent increases in armor or attack damage, you can only have little green numbers that add some value. There has been exceptions for this in terms of attack values, but I personnally do not understand it, and I have a suspicion it uses far more memory than its worth. For armor, you'd need to have research for every single unit-type, which would take a god-awful long time, and a totally new system.

P.S. - That is a hell of a good idea for a spell, why they hell have I never come across it before?!

13. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i know, its kinda be a bonus attack, not permanent. i dont want to complicate things with a huge system, so would it be easier for you guys if you just used increments?
    if so, heres the new data:

For every 3 units around Unit A, Unit A recieves a bonus of .3 damage and .3 armor.

well, the inspiration actually came from warhammer40k's imperial guard (if you know what they are). all they are just a bunch of massed guys standing together shooting. like ALOT of guys. and people usually feel stronger and more confident when theyre usually in a group right?

14. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    The increment is not the problem

The problem is the huge data system you'd need, and all the effort you'd need to track any permanent gains in each the attack and armor categories

Unless you'd decided to simply add the amount based on the number of units nearby, like if theres 1 unit, he gets +1, 2 gets +1.5, 3 gets +3.0, 4 gets +5.0

And repeating in some sort of pattern like that, that could be do-able fairly easily

15. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the bonuses arent permanent. that wouldnt make sense. yah, so for every 3 units, unit A gains +.3 armor/attack

16. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Greetings.

1. Do not double-post in less than 48 hours,
    2. This is not a thread for your arguing, stick to the topic.

I have deleted 37 posts, which reduced page number from 15 to 13.
    ~Thread Cleaned

17. deidara

deidara

Resources:
    Resources:
    HI i need some spells can you amke them?

the spells i need

Spell 1:Berserk Growl

it throws all enemys in the casting units range(range= 400 AOE) away they should be tossed away in the air and then land but it make sno damage..

Spell 4:Lightning strike

add some lightning sfx at the right hand of the caster and then the caster moves fast towards the enemy unit and then bashes the unit away(knocks back range = 500) at the moment the casters attacks the target unit (bashes away create some lightning sfx at the position of the target unit.

Spell 5: Light Speed

create many illusions that vanishes slowly in 0.70 seconds like the caster moves very fast (the caster move every fast around the target unit of spell being used in an AOE of 500) then after 5 seconds the caster appears before the enemy unit and (play castars spell animation) makes damage agi x 8.

can you please make the spells in GUI?..

18. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The second and the third are clearly Naruto Spells, i know them, I dont do naruto spells.

19. deidara

deidara

Resources:
    Resources:
    nope they are not naruto spells.. they are normal spells i need for my map and its not naruto map dont think only because my name is deidara i am a naruto fan.. this acc is old.. so can you please do them?

20. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, I actually saw right know you got neg rep, so I wont do spells for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.