1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Statharas, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I do not want to stay in dark ages, I want to stay in ages where gaming was for enjoyment and intrinsic rewards.
    Not for farming virtual items to sell afterwards.

You know, buying loot kind of defeats the purpose of loot existing at all.
    D3 is like a fishing trip to an empty pond where you throw your hook in for a couple of hours only to buy a dead fish off a nearby stand afterwards.
    You get a dead fish, but you didn't go there for that. You went there to FISH and GET a fish as an intrinsic reward.
    But how can you have fun doing that knowing there is no fish to be had ?

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Except you are in a pond with some fish and you catch some fish. The problem is that the fish you catch are not the fish you wanted to catch. So what do you do? You go to a nearby stall buying fish and sell your fish and then go to a stall selling the fish you want and buy those.

I think you do not understand how the auction house works.

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy

Resources:
    Resources:
    diablo iii profits from hackers because of RMAH and hackers profit as well thus Blizzard Entertainment is endorsing crime and should be brought to court

this will only be rectified if the expansion brings back decard cain and scraps the RAMH

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Da heck is RAMH or RMAH?

Didn't buy Diablo III and not buying the expansion =P

They said you didn't need to buy Wings of Liberty to play HotS, does that hold true for this expansion and the vanilla?

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So you are saying a supermarket profits from hackers and should be brought to court? They also accept stolen credit cards (same as stolen accounts) as long as it is not noticeable that they are stolen.

RMAH is not really a problem. Blizzard does not sell anything directly. Also Diablo II also had about 20 more risky third party RMAH which saw millions of dollars of exchange. The RMAH is vital and necessary for the success of Diablo III as it stifles the ability for third parties to profit from it. And when Third parties make RMAH of their own, then hackers are really encouraged. Blizzard even proved this by comparing hacking rates in countries with RMAH and those without, saying that those without had absolutely uncontrollable hacking instances. You see, these third party RMAH serves not only do exactly what the RMAH does in Diablo III, but also comprise people's accounts and encourages the theft of accounts because they keep 100% of the profit without any of the checks Blizzard does for RMAH transactions. Thus if anything Blizzard is discouraging hacking with the RMAH as it is not worth the effort.

Botting on the other hand is a different problem. It is now easier to sell stuff so botting is more profitable. Or you would think that as prices are lower because it is easier.

Not sure, they have not finalized the details. Many of the features seen will actually be back-ported to Diablo III, including item 2.0 and account paragon levels with paragon points. So far the only confirmed expansion features are...
    1. Crusader class
    2. Mystic
    3. Act 5
    4. Level 70 cap
    5. New skills for all classes

I am guessing that it will include some hidden features as well.
    1. Special random dungeons.
    2. New stash pages.
    3. New recipes.

6. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I loved both Diablo 1 and 2. I did not hate Diablo 3, but I didn't like it as much as 1 and 2.
    The actual gameplay was decent. Could use improvement, but decent. Better itemization and drop rates with better design, not just higher drop rates, would have made it great.

The story, however, was my big problem with the game. It seemed really lackluster compared to the previous two games. The villains seemed weak and cartoonish, and Diablo as a franchise has been made by it's villians. It also didn't have a dark enough atmosphere for a diablo game.
    The story made the game much less fun. You had to constantly go through it while farming, and it was VERY intrusive. In Diablo 1, the story was basically optional and was told to you indirectly.
    I'm willing to give Reaper of Souls the benefit of the doubt. I never like to make too many assumptions about things.

7. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    haters gonna hate.

I am really excited about the expansion, oh and I never used the auction house.

8. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The trouble with the AH is that you're competing against the drops of 100 000 (or whatever big number) other players. As there is so much items in circulation, almost anything you will find is not valuable.

Let's say you have to farm 40 hours to get the legendary item you want. You check the AH and see that the item sells for 100 000 gold. You can get that much gold in a single run, it's basically nothing. The item is only valuable if it gets the right affix out of a pool of 20+ affixes and you have to get high random rolls on the stats both on the native stats and the random affix stats. It is safe to say, it won't happen for you. But it has happened to many of the 10+ million D3 players.

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have found a 2-4 billion gold HC ring (or at least it was worth that before expansion announcement)...

I do agree drops are stupid, but in the end it still comes down to the amount of time played. This is just like Diablo II. In Diablo II if you had a single HR drop your entire ladder session (especially Vex, as it was needed in Enigma and most top rune words) you were made as you could kit your character out with pretty top end stuff. This is still the case with Diablo III finding a good rare or legendary item, just there are no such rigged runes anymore.

People with 40 billion likely spent 10 times as long, on average, then someone with only 4 billion. Sure luck dictates that some newbie might find 2 of the best items in existence worth >100 billion within 1 minute of Act 1 Inferno but averages dictate that gold = time.

With proper farming techniques you should easily be able to get >1 million gold an hour. This includes top end gear and maximum paragon levels.

10. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tyrael:Since justice has been met this day, I will now stand as Wisdom!

Itherael: Whoa, whoa, Tyrael, wait a minute - who said you get to be wisdom now? Wisdom my ass! Maybe you should just read some books and... man, I don't know, sit around and think about the bad stuff that your lack of wisdom caused in Act 1 before you declare yourself wisdom incarnate. Maybe that first?

Main reason of the expansion. :grin:

p.s. Auction house goes down on march 2014. FOREVER