1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Real Life

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by thisruoy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sometimes I wonder. Isnt it amazing that there are people all over the world that are living their life through their perspective and not yours. I sometimes wish I was some kind of out-worldly being that could enter their brains and see what they are seeing, think what they are thinking, hear what they are hearing.

I would like to live a different life after I die, no matter how much better or how worse than my current life but to be given the chance to experience something again.

I dreamed that the whole world was created for me, just a game, I am the only player, and everyone else is a smart AI. Now that I think about it, it probably means I'm a huge narcissist. I wish I could know every secret, no matter how unimportant it was to the whole world.

It probably sounds lame and I sound like a douche, but I think a lot of people think about this, even the dumb ones(hence movies/games)

/endrant

2. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand the title. What is real life?

Btw, what if you're the smart AI and I'm the player? :O

3. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What if we are all smart AI, and the player is God playing an advanced version of Spore?

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2431#comic

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not saying it's an impossible theory, or a possible theory, but I wanted to shoot in that it is a theory detrimental to life in general. Why? Because it assumes you are the only one who's real and that everyone else are expendable (to some extent, at least). A theory very similar to the one where everything is a figment of your imagination. How could you care for something that you believe not to be real?

5. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Being omnipotent is a dream pretty commonly shared.

The only question is: what would you do with your omnipotence?

I sometimes like asking people this because the answer can tell quite a lot about any person.

6. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    There was also this weird quantum theory that i did not completly understand... but did it basicaly mean that when you look at something it is there and when you don't it is not there?... but... whatever... something...

I mean that kinda sounds like your thing, although it's really confusing i think i can imagne it a bit. Like in a videogame where things are loaded once you face them... and when you aren't they're just raw data waiting to be sent to you eyes again.

7. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Re-al .. Li-fe?
    What's that? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!
    I consider this thread spam. (I've never heard of this .. Re-al Li-fe before)

8. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Might be pony subculture.

On a serious note, life is amazing, I think we can all agree on that.

9. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I looked it up! Isn't it amazing how these 3 spacial dimensions extend BEYOND your desk, chair and computer? I never knew that could be possible! We should tell somebody! :O

10. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    for the lulz
    You have a chair!? O.O