• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Real Life [for Morons] 813213

The original Real Life [For Morons], by MoronSonofBoron was and is a great map. Recently however, there have been several cheap rips off of this map circulating resulting from the release of an editable version. I decided to take a version of this and remove all the evidence of weak and insincere mapping, and make this map into the wholesome experience it once was, as well as add a mountain of new content. Including 2 new jobs (secret), 1 new ability, ethnicity, 7+ new unlockable units, cellphones, pagers, and tweaks to pets and some original jobs (like doctor and mafia). I hope this update brings some entertainment! And for goodness sake, stop ruining great maps.
Update as of 3/8/08 by TRabbitt.
ENJOY!

Hints: (don't read on if you don't want any leads on the new content)

You can now become town sheriff- but how? I'd try to get the attention of the local police by clearing up the streets...

Some say that they have found meteorites with contents from another world... maybe alien life? The legend goes that one might propagate an entire army from the contents of some lucky meteorites...

The Orange Kid has invented many things, why, I talked to a bum and he told me of an alley near the museum filled with his inventions. I'd look for them. Theres no guarantee they'll work right away of course...

Just like in real life, if you have a child, that child's ethnicity will be the same as its mothers.

The variety of the body guard market has certainly improved- the price of body guards has gone up too, but I'm sure you'll get more bang for your buck. You just wont have a mob of guards following you everywhere to protect against a mere purse snatcher...
Speaking of violence, they recently invented a new type of rocket propelled grenade which fires a bit faster. It costs 5/3 that of the old though...

Oh, and the doctor profession is becoming more popular with the health care thing you know... I'd recommend that field of work. A doctor can now close off the ICU for some privacy if he chooses. Sometimes more than one doctor in there at a time is inefficient you know. Plus it PISSES ME OFF WHEN FIGHTS START OVER THE DOCTOR JOB. Anyway problem solved.

---[]---
Did I say enjoy? Well enjoy.
-TRabbitt
Contents

Real Life [for Morons] 813213 (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hmm.. I don't like so much name, but I like the map. it is cool work man, toy put alot of effort in map and hard job what I respect !!! [ ] Map scanned of viruses [ ] Map doesnot crash WC3 as far I can see No- Map is yours/seems no...

M

MasterHaosis: Hmm.. I don't like so much name, but I like the map. it is cool work man, toy put alot of effort in map and hard job what I respect !!!

[ ] Map scanned of viruses
[ ] Map doesnot crash WC3 as far I can see
No- Map is yours/seems no edited from other author- but you give fair credit
[APPROVED]

Level 3
great map! love it! always loved this map and now its gotten better thanks TRabbitt.

Rate: 10/10

~Murcky~

Level 1
how do u get into the mafia profession in the game does it have something to do with danny cuz i talked to all of them

Level 2
To get into the mafia, talk to danny. Then go to the park bathroom, i think youll find a broken urinal which might contain some kind of illegal substance... Give it to danny. The mafia is in the Northwest corner of the map.

Level 2
To get into the mafia headquarters... there is another way in besides the front door... try that alley to the right of the main entrance, that'll lead you to the way in. (you have to break down the back entrance)
FROM NOW ON, the best way to figure out how do do ANYTHING is to talk to people. One can find out how to do anything by asking around the city. Every CPU character will give you a hint on how to do something, or a lead on a quest. (But sometimes only if you get them an item)
Oh, and get a candle from the crazy old man in the cave next to the haunted mansion, for when you carry a candle at night, you can see all the ghosts of the city. You can interact with ghosts too. They'll have things to say that no living person could.

Level 1
yo dude i ve done every quest even the boss thing in the mansion I cant get the dam back door open like u said

Level 2
I am big fan for "Real Life",all secrets (jobs,boss,events) I have already break through. I am grateful for you meaningful update to this map,(I have waited so long for someone to continue the work leave by Moron) A few suggestion after playing your update:

1. The quest of Orange Kid's invention is too easy to complete. Also only one player can own the robot which I think is not fair and strange. I suggest a replacement of robot with "a strange machine with military symbol", which need the "Activate item" to drop from New Boss to activate. Event like "March of uncontrol AI toy machine, conspiracy of military research behind", trigger when interact with the strange machine. As compensate for the hardwork, one "AI robot" will be produce from the machine with improved ability, at least combat ability or support ability better than bodyguard. (Main focus is the quest can be redone for many time with a cost of "Boss defeat")

2. Mobile phone price should be lower than TV in reality.

3. For the "strange meteor", one can easily cheat to massive production by put them near bathroom with a safe
distance. So another way to growth is need.

4. For the sheriff job, the item is so powerful and the cast range is so long. I can finish the school flooding source with two cast. I suggest the item to be replaced with summon cop, and the new ability learn to be "fear of enemy" something reduce hostile target armor and damage temporary. (So even when you are robbing the bank or killing cops for the mafia the new ability is still useful and the item can be put away) *it is strange to see your original item for sheriff job can be cast on cops when you rob the bank*

5. A request to make changes to an original unbalance hidden item-"Maid's Alchemy" which can supply $250 money each time you use it (unlimited charge). I guess you know where it is. Replace its ability to be the player wear it will have extra income 1 gold per second or make new quest. New quest trigger when interact with the maid ghost in mansion for several time, which she give the player item "ghost coin". Trigger Boss event "ghost haunt" which the mansion owner(invincible but slow movement) die in the fire will appear every night attacking the player with ghost coin until you defeat his lost soul (Require candle to see) which wandering around the city at night. After the defeat, the ghost coin change to Maid's Alchemy make the wearing player extra income 5 gold per second.

To be honest I am not a map maker, just a player only. But I hope that you can continue to develop this marvellous map to make it be perfect. If you need any new ideas just sent me an email.
Suggestion: Make more events like epidemic outbreak boss event from hospital, all citizen(mafia,cop,player unit) will loss life continuously until the "source" is under control(defeated).

Level 1
Are you gonna work on this map and update it occasionally? :D

Btw, I kinda hate the new models. It's all too big and buffy. I like the model for motorcycle though. That's my only complaint.
Oh and put some new stuff on the quest. It's kinda hard figuring the new stuff without guidance.

Last edited:
Level 1
love this map man prob the best rpg ever i know that there are 2 secret jobs
but i only know sheriff what is the other one. and if anyone knows new features plz tell me i want to know more about this map

Level 2
You get Diamonds from the Skull Collector (level 10) from inside the Haunted Mansion.

Also what version and place is the Orange Kid in? And what happened to him?

Last edited:
Level 2
I am big fan for "Real Life",all secrets (jobs,boss,events) I have already break through. I am grateful for you meaningful update to this map,(I have waited so long for someone to continue the work leave by Moron) A few suggestion after playing your update:

1. The quest of Orange Kid's invention is too easy to complete. Also only one player can own the robot which I think is not fair and strange. I suggest a replacement of robot with "a strange machine with military symbol", which need the "Activate item" to drop from New Boss to activate. Event like "March of uncontrol AI toy machine, conspiracy of military research behind", trigger when interact with the strange machine. As compensate for the hardwork, one "AI robot" will be produce from the machine with improved ability, at least combat ability or support ability better than bodyguard. (Main focus is the quest can be redone for many time with a cost of "Boss defeat")

2. Mobile phone price should be lower than TV in reality.

3. For the "strange meteor", one can easily cheat to massive production by put them near bathroom with a safe
distance. So another way to growth is need.

4. For the sheriff job, the item is so powerful and the cast range is so long. I can finish the school flooding source with two cast. I suggest the item to be replaced with summon cop, and the new ability learn to be "fear of enemy" something reduce hostile target armor and damage temporary. (So even when you are robbing the bank or killing cops for the mafia the new ability is still useful and the item can be put away) *it is strange to see your original item for sheriff job can be cast on cops when you rob the bank*

5. A request to make changes to an original unbalance hidden item-"Maid's Alchemy" which can supply $250 money each time you use it (unlimited charge). I guess you know where it is. Replace its ability to be the player wear it will have extra income 1 gold per second or make new quest. New quest trigger when interact with the maid ghost in mansion for several time, which she give the player item "ghost coin". Trigger Boss event "ghost haunt" which the mansion owner(invincible but slow movement) die in the fire will appear every night attacking the player with ghost coin until you defeat his lost soul (Require candle to see) which wandering around the city at night. After the defeat, the ghost coin change to Maid's Alchemy make the wearing player extra income 5 gold per second.

To be honest I am not a map maker, just a player only. But I hope that you can continue to develop this marvellous map to make it be perfect. If you need any new ideas just sent me an email.
Suggestion: Make more events like epidemic outbreak boss event from hospital, all citizen(mafia,cop,player unit) will loss life continuously until the "source" is under control(defeated).

I agree with you in every aspect. I especially would like to see a quest to get the Robot, possibly, you find the Apple Kid, he asks you for an item in return for the Robot, then you must get a chip, the chip malfunctions and Robots come from every corner of the city and revolt, once you have defeated the Robot you were supposed to control, you must find parts to rebuild which should be scattered all over the city.

I like the idea of an epidemic outbreak, possibly something like the Black Plague.

Level 5
lolz this map is super good
I cant stop playing it, its like absolutely polished but i have a problem with the quests, well there isnt a very big choice for them I dont know how much are they tought
but the secret ones like the mafias quest wel let me say briliant map
5/5 + rep

Level 3
It's inspiring me to make Life of a Peasant maps ! But... It's dead now I think :(. My favorite Life of a Peasant map T _ T !
+Rep
RoaminG

Good Bye... TRabbit xD.

Level 5
This map...
Just like ''A Real Life''!!:ogre_rage:

Edit: Anyone wants to know more about this map, e.g secrets, hints and stuffs can pm me. I'll tell what i know about it.

Last edited:
Adventuring Ranger said:
hmmm i did the Danny boy Thing to join the mafia but.....how do i go IN the mafia base

The mafia base is located in the northwest part of the map. To get in there you need to destroy the wall prop located at the edge somewhere near the small bridge. It's a destructible, so you just have to right-click it. Hope this helps.