1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Random Wars 5.4b

Submitted by Slimmo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Goal of this map is simple, elimiate your foes and reach 30 kills before anyone else.

The deal is how you make your way to earn your kills.

In this map you will start out as a completly randomly choosen unit, it can be a footman, centaur or even a dragon... anything!

The unit you get will be the only tool you will have to earn kills, so use it well.
If you happen to die dont worry you will only have to wait a short time and then you will respawn as another completly randomly choosen unit so its unlikley you will get the same unit twice.

There will also be others besides you and your opponents that tries to ruin your life by damaging you or taking your kills but there is good thing about them aswell, they drop ITEMS your unit can carry a maximum of 3 items and they will also heal and restore your mana if you kill them.

One last thing to remember before putting your great luck and killing skills at the big test is to pay attention to the Random Events, yes the random events they happen once in awhile and will either make your day a living hell or you will be given an better chance to finish of your enemies.

Read First Comment for more detailed info on some things.

Keywords:
random, wars, units, battle, fighting, fight, creeps, creep
Contents

Random Wars 5.4b (Map)

Reviews
Earth-Fury: This is awesomely fun. and no visible bugs i could see. approved!
  1. linuel

linuel

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is awesome hope you make more maps!

2. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    will you be making custom units for future maps?

3. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you mean custom units with custom models and stuff then i dont know but probably not.

If you just mean a custom unit with existing models then i already have some in the map and will perhaps add more.

4. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    will u add different game modes in ur next version ??

5. suicune

suicune

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its great, I'm hoping for more.. 4/5

Though terrain needs more work and add more doodads..

6. Paladia

Paladia

Resources:
    Resources:
    With a working description, I've now rated the map 4/5. Its fun, an its good that you've added AI support (otherwise the map would have felt quite empty since people unfortunately kept leaving).

7. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx for the comments all! :)

And Paladia, im glad you finaly understand and accepted my description :D

8. Freeze87

Freeze87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice map, i give map 4.5/5 You can make items invulnerable.....Also make that host can chose on start how much kills players need for Victory. :wink:

9. Lopaki

Lopaki

Resources:
    Resources:
    yey you made it 1.24 compatible xD luv you for that xD

10. slake

slake

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice description, youve put efort in the terain and the random events are a good idea but i dont like the fact that the game is not about skill but about pure luck
    example when i played the game for the furst time I was a gnoll and a super big dragon owned me, then I became a dragon and got 15kills and eventually I won because of the great boost
    anyway i dont get what is the purpose of the bastard towers that only make bastard magics
    and could you add a boss event and pls make more skills for the monster(the weak ones specialy because I think that they SHOULD have a chance with elite)
    overall very original 4/5

11. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx for the comments guys, i glad you like it.

As for the poster above me:
    1. This map is ment to be very random and based mainly around luck, but that isnt all its also about using your given unit the right way. Use tactical moves even when you are weak to bring down stronger ones, like lure them into a bunch of neutrals/bastard towers.

2. The purpose of the Bastard Towers are quite clear, they dont hurt you much with its attack and it has low health but it has a huge arsenal of negative spells which makes them a huge pain in the ass. Thats their purpose :p.

3. I have created new abilites so almost every unit got atleast one skill they can use, before that many units didnt have any ability at all so give me a break it isnt easy :p

4. You may know it but the "Elite"-tag on a unit only shows that the unit is somewhat stronger than units on the same level nothing more nothing less :)

12. slake

slake

Resources:
    Resources:
    What ?? Use tactical moves ?? Ok then tell me at least one tactical move pro (oh right there arent any)and you cannot lure because no stupid player will go there and if you go near the tower it starts bufing you and all is lost even if your lvl 10

13. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Suggestion!
    Future versions make a mode where custom units are used instead of the normals ones.

I think if you do the map size will be overkill since the models and crap lol

14. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure there is tactical moves, maybe not for the very weak level 1-3 ones but for some that got like a slowing/stunning/snaring ability use that to kite the higher level unit. Also if you are a weak flyer you can easily avoid strong melee ground units by flying over trees and mountains. Computers are atleast dumb enough to just stand there and take hits if you are a flyer out of range. If you have no chance in dealing with the enemy unit you always try to do as much damage as possible and you can also try to get the neutrals to kill you when you have low health so the enemy dont get score for your death.

15. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have suggested something similar before about custom unit models but as i have said that probably wont be in this map, i will just use the original models.

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds cool. Add screenshots to the description.

Rating based on description is legit because

1. It can be changed and
    2. The description is supposed to tell you about the map. If the description sucks you presume the map to do the same.

In other words Paladia is correct (didn't bother to read page 2).

17. Slimmo

Slimmo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Plz read all comments before posting something like this, i have fixed the description already and Paladia has accepted it. There is nothing more to tell about this map that i didnt already in the description. But yea good point about the sceenshot i will try to remember that.

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think the description is all that great. It can be improved.

19. Spank_my_kodo

Spank_my_kodo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really fun map! But do you mind if add a Change log ?

20. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    sweet, i got murloc constructor and didn't die once, 4/5