1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rage Stories

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by ggurface, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ggurface

ggurface

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the report buttons do work as you can get banned for real life threats and too much anger.

2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They wouldn't care about someone raging over a game, but if someone is harassing/making real life threats, then that would probably be a problem.

Also reporting someone for that kind of thing is pretty dumb. You can use block communications, it prevents you from being matched up against them in addition to blocking them.

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Even so, how real are real life threats? If someone pays attention how the human brain works, it is clearly momentary anger that cools off in 10 minutes or so. But I agree that's the case where Blizz may take actions probably depending on how harsh an insulting or threatening is.

But im 1000% certain there are some who used the report button over smth like just rage and those are just really dumb. And not like it will do anything cause Blizzard see what it's about.

4. JackRCDF

JackRCDF

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heh, back in SCBW I was playing a dodge game, and was accused of using latency hacks for the entire game by this one dude.

It was all
    Him: bro you hack, hacking sux man
    Me: I don't hack, hackers are lame.
    Him:(after I stay out for ages and ages) BRO STOP HACKING YOU LAME
    etc, until he finally ragequitted.

5. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me and my real.life friend where doing some hardcore 2v2, and where on a winning-streak. At the start of a game my friend had computer-problems and lagged out. We dicided to let me play the game out for both of us. He was zerg, and I random-Toss. Ofc. they thought 2v1 was an easy win, but long story short, I pwned them both alone, and they called me a fucking newb, because they were sure that our tactic was that my friend would leave at game-start. I have no idea how this makes any sense, but they were pretty pissed x) no "gg"

6. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was doing on of my placement matches, and was on a nice 3-win streak using a simple viking rush (Since the bases are blocked by rocks at the start) and finally got put against a rather.... challenging opponent. The whole game I had scouted his base with my orbital, and he had a small army of marines and a few medivacs, something that my 10+ vikings and 3 medivacs full of marines could handle for my rush. I attacked, but got pushed back out by a missle turret and a planetary fortress that was at his expansion. So, I setup a network of radar towers, and find an expansion. I revealed it, and hes got atleast 15 battle cruiseres and variose ground forces. I threw everything at him but couldn't get past him.

The worst part was he made it sound like he had just installed the game too, something that I had been worrying about, since most people would play against AI or something first.

7. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:

How is that a rage-story?

8. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Because it sounded like an easy win that turned into a very, very ugly mess for me

9. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    some kid i killed in phantom did the d'bag thing and said "Your not good noob how about we 1v1?" i accepted, roach rushed than burrowed under his expos and killed most of his base than finished with mutas than i let 1 CC leave and he cried for about 30 minutes about how hes soo good and im so gay because i use zerg units and the only reason I won was because i was random than he reported me for using gay tactics

10. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Something tells me you didn't actually read the OP, or any other post in this thread for that matter...

11. slake

slake

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha good ones :D

12. LevelZeroUbersaw

LevelZeroUbersaw

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This one time I was against a guy who was playing Terran. I can't remember the map, but he loaded his Command Center and settled on one of the islands.

He tried building battlecruisers, but I had him surrounded by then. He started spamming missile turrets then, trying to keep any air out. I teleported over with stalkers and started destroying everything.

He swore at me then left.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  13. slake

slake

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate that tactic, it sucks, I think it's not worth it.

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha for the first time I got actual blablabla insults:

He is 700 wins/loss and still Gold xD This reminds me of being level 25-30 on 250-300-400++ wins in war3 which is as bad as this and all cases they really sucked, so no joke that too many games low league/level is L-o-w. But you have to be careful, they do play, just very weak.

Him: Players like you make terran look bad
    Me: you're so skilled
    Him: you're a noob
    Me: you're bigger
    him: f*** your mom

Then he starts flying buildings over the Lost Temple to prove his retardness.

And guess - I didn't report him. I don't care about shit like that, I've also felt angry over some losses felt like typing to him. In fact I have trashtalked years ago, now I don't do it. Not that I can't say anything, just I don't insult like that.

What Pros do: I take example from them, they don't reply at all like when lalush starts trashtalking. I should't have too.

But in his bla bla he said something that I also got pissed about - TvT has turned into who will mass more sieged tanks around the enemy or the xel naga tower and then you just wait each other do causious attacks and holds and nothing, same boring thing 30 minutes + every game, I also lost like that some games..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010