1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rabbits vs Sheep WsW 0.83b BETA

Submitted by aBys.Baltazhar
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This Map was change from 0.83 to 0.83b due to a critical bug, which caused a fatal error. This bug has been corrected.

Winterspring Wargames is a map for Warcraft3 The Frozen Throne, inspired by the popular Rabbits vs Sheep by Gate[C]aster. The concept is that each player has a hero with unique advantages and skills he can use in this gruesome killing competition. Every time you kill a creep your enemy must face 2 additional creeps. Once one team has 150, 200, 250 or 300 creeps, depending on the Game Duration, on their side of the map the round stops and team with the fewest number of creeps wins the round.

To help your creeps (kobolds or gnolls) live longer, there are several different possibilities in the big red exclamation mark in the center of each playing field; you can pay to summon a Commander that gives your creeps a number advantages, you can upgrade their hit points and damage or your can summon other special creeps with special abilities like more hp, range and heavy damage to make life harder for your opponents. Additionally you can pay to activate a number of special abilities available to both teams. These range from a global stun to all enemy heroes, silence, damage spells and so forth.

Certain heroes also have access to 'Player vs Player spells', or in short 'PVP' spells. These PVP spells are global in range and allow you to harm enemy heroes and combined with the many unique items purchable for your hero, this makes for a game experience like you have never experienced before.

Keywords:
Rabbits vs Sheep, RvS, WsW, Winterspring, Wargames
Contents

Rabbits vs Sheep WsW 0.83b BETA (Map)

Reviews
17:21, 12th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 17:21, 12th Nov 2009
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Do you have permission to upload the map?

3. Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope so - we made it together :p

4. Freeze87

Freeze87

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great map, good map info, good spells, custom icons,good AI, interesting game play 5/5 :thumbs_up: good work!

5. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty nice remade of the well known funmap =D
    im glad this isnt a simple fucked up remade like so many retards did with other famous maps.
    if u have permission for this: 4.5/5
    =3

6. Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Resources:
    Resources:
    We did get permission from GateCaster before making this version - and we coded it from the buttom up ourselves so nothing has been copied.

If you wish you can visit our site and see GateCaster posting on our forums about what he feels about the map we made :)

www.winterspring-wargames.com

7. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is an AMAZING game!

8. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is so fun to play with people! just soooo good map! 5/5

9. Bogdanov89

Bogdanov89

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fun map, but why not also put a crazy option like 900 creeps (3 times more than current 300 limit)?

10. aBys.Baltazhar

aBys.Baltazhar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like that you guys comment even almost 9 years after I uploaded this. Had the staff fix my account so I could log back in, just to say thanks guys!

With the new 1.29 patch I played this map again and easily spotted a few mistakes here and there, as well as some balance issues. Whether or not I can remember how the Wc3 Editor works and if I still have the old files lying around, is not for certain though.

@Bogdanov: The reason there was no crazy option with like 900 creeps was the WC3 engine and a little due to the computers back then. You'll find elsewhere on this website that we looked for low-poly models of the gnolls and kobolds, because the Wc3 engine only support(ed?) X amount of polygons before it starts lagging, no matter how sweet your computer specs are. I don't know if they've fixed that part, but if they have, a 900 version could be doable although I'm not sure if the map will hold that many creeps :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  11. mepeuped

mepeuped

Resources:
    Resources:
    I made a forum account just to ask if there's going to be any fixes for priest of hasinar being able to refresh inventory item and skill cooldowns everytime he swaps between light/dark mode :p . He can perma pvp-ability enemies, spam skeleton summons with necronomicon, perma hex with sheepstick, and easily clear creeps with his nuke.

Game is so nostalgic I had to reinstall wc3 just to play alone in single player against the BOT after 5 yrs

12. congbeo11

congbeo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    i've just played this map with my friend since 3 hours ago. It is sad to find that this map has not been updated since 2009

13. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This game favours leavers too much.
    Once a player leaves the team gets so much xp that they can just spam high level spells to win.

14. aBys.Baltazhar

aBys.Baltazhar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @mepeuped: I.. didn't think of that at all. That is definitely a very good point that has to be fixed :)

@congbeo11: Glad to hear it! The first part at least, I know about the lack of updates.

@Nudl9: Good observation, will have to note that down.

But good news everyone - with Wc3 Reforged coming up, my Wc3 interest has peaked quite a bit. Went through the old archives from 2-3 computers back and I have the 0.84 BETA unlocked, so I can continue this map! Don't expect any deadlines, I haven't touched the Editor in almost 10 years :p