• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick suggestion for Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The summon companion ability on the ranger summons a wolf, so why not make it when the wolf gets re-summoned you re-assign the hotkey(s) it was on/under I know this is possible in GUI, as I've fooled around abit myself.

Also a quick note: on hardcore mode if someone with a quest item dies it should drop in town automatically, right now even if they die, they have to leave the game before it drops

Level 11
i don't follow what you mean with re-summoning?

good call on the 2nd part with the quest items and HC mode

Level 7
Do you know like, control 1, for your hero as in control groups? I know in GUI there are triggers designed to set spawned (or created (or summoned)) units a certain control group (I said hotkey previously, sorry) Anyways in event (wolf becomes set hotkey "x") save x as a variable or something, and re-set it when you summon, or make the summon based off of misha (I think that works). It's so one doesn't have to reset control groups, like for me I set my wolf and myself as 1, hero as 2, and wolf as 3, but I have to reset 1 and 3 everytime I resummon my wolf, whereas I'm 90% sure there IS infact a way (even in gui) to make control groups of units just created (built created or summoned). It's more of a convenience thing, however I'd like to also thank you guys for making it auto-select the trap when you summon it, makes it so much easier to use and such.

Level 11
oh i got ya, different people have different play styles though, forcing the different hotkeys for unit groups may or may not be a good idea.

should do a poll about that before implementing something like that

Level 1
Why not making it a hero? If it was a hero, when we resummon, it would still be the "same" unit, therefore hotkeys should keep working. IMO, it seems to be a simple way to solve the problem.

Level 7
Else just make the player summoning the wolf select both wolf and ranger ? and then you can make the hotkey groups the way you want them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.