Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Quests] - Ideas For Side Quests

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by The_Mirai, Feb 19, 2011.

1. lateris

lateris

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Hex

Starts at some town, when you talk to a witch doctor(or a witch) who is shopping(or doing something else) there. He gets angry that you disturb him, so he turns you into a chicken/frog/other tiny creature. While in this form you have some simple critter skills which will help you survive(if it's a chicken - sprint, if it's a frog - hop; perhaps the villagers might get hostile towards you as well while you're hexed).

First you have to find a way to revert to your normal form(that could be done either by finding some magic well, or perhaps by sneaking into the witch doctors hut and finding something that will help there, or if you want to make it more humorous then you can revert by finding a girl that will kiss you(like the stories where a man/woman kisses a frog and it turns into a prince/princess :D)).

After you get your true form back, you want to get revenge at the witch doctor(or stop him from hexing other people), so you sneak into his hut while he's sleeping and steal his staff or something. Or another idea for getting revenge at him is to find a mirror, go into his hut and then when he tries to hex you again for intrusion, the mirror reflects the spell back at the witch doctor, turning him into a chicken/frog/etc.

The reward might be his staff, mask, some enchanted armor you can find in some chest in his hut, some strange potion, an item that will allow you to summon the creature you were turned into, new options opening to get quest or talk to critters or something like that.

2. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Idea is brilliant really but project and story in general is way to serious.
    Maybe I can combine it with some kind of dream where you play as tiny creature or something :)
    Idea is good, I will keep it on my mind for sure. :thumbs_up:

3. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe it was said already, i don't know, but i'll try)

Deadly Disease

You start your quest simple - go and kill the animal which attacks the caravans.
    First you need to find it's lair. Ask merchants, look for evidences(detective story a little)
    When you get to its lair, you find that animal dying of a random "some kind of plague". You see that's has no danger from it anymore, so you are trying to escape, but the animal(it'll better be a wolf) bites you, and you get diseased too.
    After it you are hunted by some executors, but one priest finds a way to help you. Don't forget, if you won't do anything, you'll die soon(Some special potions can stop disease for a while, but then it'll continue growing again). You have to go to the sacred well. But on the road to it you find a necromancer who corrupts the well. You're almost killing him, but he manages to finish his job and escapes.
    In this part your disease grows. You are given some special abilities, but you feel approaching death. But you feel something strange. You feel that necromancer, who spread this disease. The priest gives you special sword/staff/bow which's used to kill necromancer. After you find him, you kill him and the disease will be gone.
    The reward - that sword/staff/bow absorbes the necromancer's power and you get very strong item)

That was idea for The Fate of Valorgous(but the quest was about werewolf and a little bit differs from this)
    If you won't use it, i'll use it in my own project))
    (or i'll just create something new in my mind, it's quite simple to me:grin:)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Like Tleno said that you could give an unique item as a reward with different stats. Maybe not stats but value. I think SRPG is meant to be 'free to play' style game. Cause no one does the quest if you have better weapon already and you don´t get anything else from it.

5. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe an incentive to complete a quest would be an unlockable store item or access to a small area with slight benefits? Another idea would be a small side quest completed required to begin or continue a larger side quest.

No ideas here. Just commenting on what might be done.

PS. You should add at least a tiny dialogue to each quest, big or small. A description, IMO, is not enough. It doesn't give it enough...depth or meaning to it. Maybe a three to four liner would suffice?

6. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Indeed it needs dialogs...

7. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can handle quest using abilities, buying units etc...
    I can use dialogs to display quest info accept and reject button etc.
    But I would like to use cinematics only for main quests.

So please if you have any idea, tell me and I will see what can I do about it.
    That's why I created only 4 quests so far, so I can change everything more or less easily.

8. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The Mine (Don't know a better quest title)

In town, a man talks to you, asking you if you would be so kind looking for his workers in his mine, as he didn't get any response in from the in the last week. When you find the miners, they'll tell you that the working-situation is horrible, nothing is safe anymore, and they are getting payed very badly. They started to do a strike against the mine-owner. Now you have to decide:

a) brutally convince the miners to work again (for example striking at them and stuff), which will in the end get you a gold bonus from the mine owner

b) convince the mine owner to make the mine safer and pay the miners more money, which will in the end get you a special item from one of the miners.

I think this might be a neat idea for a quest, as I used this one in one of my maps too. I don't know if you want to make quests multiple choice, but that's up to you :)

9. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Idea from Proxys message

Just got an idea that if -Kobas- could create the mining like if you are in mine or in area that you can mine there is 'ore lumps' in walls and things like that. Every time you "use" one of the lumps or what they are you have chance to get nothing ( small of course ) and then a chance to get ore or other minerals. And then there is a real value 'mining' such you can do with all the jobs like 'alchemy' this real orders how much or you receive and what is the chance to success. Like if you pick miner job the mining real is 20% in start and you have 40% chance to reveive ore from mining and 2 ore per lump. If you do not pick miner job the mining real in start is 5% which gives you 10% chance to receive ore and 1 small ore which are cheaper than normal ore nuggets.

This system would give a chance to improve all the jobs and I prefer systems like it.

Also would be really stupid if it would always be 20%. Of course you will improve the real value by 0.5% or something like it per lump mined. ( If succeed more than without. Also there could be teachers like miners in mines that would teach you better how to mine ( Not forever of course ( maybe add the learning point system that I´ve mentioned before ))

So back to PROXYS message maybe the miners would not give an item to you. They would let you to learn from them like 10% more miner job.

What do you think?

10. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Speaking of my quest idea, the reward item's stats can change depending on your level. Or(i thought about it at first) you can give this quest at the end of the game)

11. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Here's mine:

The Haunted Village
    A village told you: ''Near the temple of light, is located a village that is haunted by evil spirits. Long time ago, in that village, a mage named Deman Birdseye, wanted to learn more magic, to become more powerful. He learned all about magic, and demonology. One day, Deman Birdseye summoned a dark minion to test his skills. But, he didn't knew how to send the dark minion again to world of darkness. The minion cursed him, making him to look like a terribile undead...Deman cursed the other villagers, transforming them into undeads! Now this village is haunted, and can be restored to normal, with the ''Book of Shadows'', that had Deman Birdseye!''

-Find the village and kill Deman Birdseye
    -Take the ''Book of Shadows'' and use it to return the village to normal
    -Return to Quest Giver