Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Quests] - Ideas For Side Quests

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by The_Mirai, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Paliouras

Paliouras

Resources:
    Resources:
    A simple request

Info:
    Hello there!Can you help me?I was robbed by a bandit group from the north.They stole my family's artifact crafted by my ancestors.Can you retrieve it please?I'll see that you are rewarded.
    objective:claim the artifact

After the quest you will go down a hill(it will be built in a hill) and meet a bandit.Then he will explain you that they were formal followers of the light and they wanted to kill the man you helped before was a follower of the dark one and he would take over the nearest village.
    Options:
    1.Kill the man you fought and destroy the artifact.(good)
    2.Remain silent(neutral)
    3.Kill both of them and claim whatever loot you find(evil)

2. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Again with the choice... I guess we should like concentrate more on jjust quests with no choice or anything fancy... but anyways I like this one... of course I would firstly go and check out if those bandits are saying the truth...

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Any idea is good.
    Maybe I don't find quest interesting or make-able but still maybe I can find interesting quest goal and mix it with some another action :)

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was a while since I posted a suggestion here so here you go

We Fight Fire With Water:

Information:
    Something came out in the night and put the farm on fire. Here take these water elementals and bring them to the fires, once they're there they will detonate which will spread water all over the place and putting the fire out.

Goal:
    Use the water elementals to put out the fires.

5. Paliouras

Paliouras

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok no problem

6. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:

Animal Hunter Quests

A. Wolf Meat
    - Wolf Meat has sold a lot these days. I want you to bring me 10 Wolf Meat and i'll reward you.
    Reward: Experience and Gold

B. Mama Bear
    - Yesterday, I went hunting for bears, but I stumbled on the most scariest thing: Mama Bear. I want you to capture her and give it to me.
    Reward: Unlocks Hunter Shop, Experience and Gold

2. Forest Druid

A. Forest Corruption - Act 1
    - The Forest seems to be getting corrupted by dark energy. I feel myself weakening. I want to to investigate whats happening. Collect 3 Corrupted Wood around the forest and bring it back to me.
    Reward: Experience and Gold

B. Forest Corruption - Act 2
    - Now the creatures have been getting slowly corrupted. If nothing is done, this place might be a ghost forest. Now, I want you to kill 10 Corrupted Creatures around the forests and bring me their skin.
    Reward: Corrupted Tree Club (Weapon), Experience and Gold

C. Forest Corruption - Act 3
    - Looks like it showed up. The Dark Matter (monster) has revealed itself. We must destroy it before it fully corrupts the forest. Kill it and bring me the energy from inside it.
    Reward: Dark Blade (Weapon), Experience and Gold

D. Forest Corruption - Act 4
    - Dark Matter has died, but now the Forest Sage has been corrupted. He is one of my kind, but the only corrupted one left. Kill him to restore peace to this forest. It is for the greater good.
    Reward: Unlocks Druid Shop, Sage Staff (Weapon), Experience and Gold

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the hunter quest ideas... actually I was thinking about some preparations for some grand hunt... which would end up with the hunt itself. It goes like this:
    You come to some hunters camp, and you discover that some local duke/royal family member/just some rich guy is going to start a largest hunt in the history of the hunting. The hunt is about to start, but not all is prepared - so you can volunteer to help. Firstly, you have to do some item-collecting quests - go to the local tavern where the rich guy lost his quiver and then fight some drunkard thieves who, as turns out, stole it. Then you have to collect some sticks for arrows. After that you need to train the hunting dogs - actually, you just have to survive some time while they'll be attacking you. You can, actually, just keep runing around if your hp is low - just hold on for minute or two.
    After that, the big hunt begins. You know, all the dogs and hunters with bows just ram into the forest, killing all the animals. After you kill x amount of animals, you awaken ancient spirit of the forest, so you have to kill it. Unfortunately, it still manages to kill the rich hunter guy.
    As a reward you recieve the rich guy's hunting dog as your companion, and you also get some cash and probably some bow or whatever.

8. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's epic idea, something like guilds in The Elder Scrolls (Arena, Dark Brotherhood etc etc).

I need some time to balance items, so far above 200.
    I will post progress when I finish with it and check whole this thread again.

Thanks for support.

9. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You mean Hunter's guild, combining the Jackal's and mine ideas? That would be awesome!

10. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah thats kewl!
    Maybe even make a class that can only be obtained by completing a series of quests,
    like a Hunter class.

11. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Required Level

(Insert hero level amount)

Start Place

(Where and who does it start by)

Finish Place

(Where and who does it finish by)

Quest Description

(When taking the quest)

Required kills

Example: ( 10 Slain Wolf's )

Example: ( 10 Wolf Teeth's )

Example: Help Kobas escape

(Required / Chooseable)

Experience

Gold

Lumber

Any custom thing like bonus ability etc

I would like if you could fill this form in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2011
  12. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool man, but beofre getting to use this form, I guess we coud use some more info about world geography/ unique reward info and some other info like that.

13. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Map is not near finished, so terrain can always be made for the quest. Atm there is info about weapons already

14. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean, some info about descibing some custom reward or whatever.

Could you at least provide some main cities or whatever names and short descriptions of them?

15. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well you know here is nothing done to terrain yet( only starting town ), Kobas just started to work on it... About items: For hard quests better items, for talking just money or an apple etc. It's possible to do a quest-chain( like at main quests ) and after finishing that 3-5 quest following each other you will get a bigger reward.

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    No, I mean, what about unique rewards. You know, some unique name (John's pickaxe of greatefulness, Trophy Shield), and some additional minor stat changes - some extra bonuses. Given for some more or less immportant missions, and quest chains. So what I'd like to know, what stat differences these items should have from common.

17. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I will talk with -Kobas- about it

18. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think any item ideas are accepted too... :) Just give name and stats.. And we will see.

19. frb97

frb97

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Ranked In The Arena ( i am bad at names ^^)
    What about an arena event in the map?
    U can verv urself in too the arena or Bet on a fight. When u bet u can choose how much like to bet like 25/50/100/200. U watch 2 warriors or somthing fight (They may have Crit% , Dodge% abilitys for make not 100% chance to win). If u win, u get the doubbel amout of what u give, but if you verv ur self to the arena (Fight ur self) , u get 100 each fight. And add 50 gold each rank u get. maybe like 1 rank up after 5 battles or less?

Second idee*-

-Slave without love
    You get in to a conversation with a city villager and a Guard.
    The villager Named John Prehvencasen, he tells you about he's brother that got taken by som bandits. the only clue he gives you is that the bandits tok him in to the forrest.
    -This quest is about to find hes brother or father if you want to that has been sold as slave to some orc( the bandits sold him). You find som more clues in the forrest and a old witch women that will tell you where to go in change with a demon tool. She tell you to go to a litle shire nearby where some skulls and pots is. You put the skulls togheter and put som of your blood in the pot. then this demon comes that u agein can do a task 4 to get the tool or challenge him.
    The reward could be a kind of relic and gold +exp

Hope u liked my ideea :grin:

20. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Golden Goblets

Many valuable items have been dissapearing in the town (which you have not made yet) and some one (maybe nightwatch) asks you to find our who the thief is from the (border or low livers place) and you can choose between sharing the loot or tell it to the nightwatchers. ( I prefer quests where you can choose what you do)

Gardener

An alchemist asks you to take care of his garden (which you have not...) while he is visiting (something something). Every survived cabbage or something will give something (like 50 gold) and you have to water them every 10 hours or something not too much ofc. :) ( you can choose between gold or some cool permanent strenght potion maybe)