• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, I have a question. Myself and debode have recently been doing the weaponless models thread, and everything is fine.. it's like a 1 minute process, but for some reason when I do the spellbreaker unit it messes up.

I remove the attached part (either weapon or shield) from the geosets and everything is fine. It works perfectly in Wc3 viewer and Magos model editor.

But in-game it looks like shit. All of the Team colored parts are removed and the weapon is always spinning. The only time it looks normal is during some sort of animation (spell, attack, walk).. but not stand.

Can someone tell me why? If it's something I'm doing wrong I would love to know what I can do about it.

Here is the post in which the file is attached.

Level 4
I opened it up with Magos' and it looked messed up there as well. I started a new one and removed the shield myself, and upon removing the top of the shield's geoset, I broke the animations. I really don't know much about geosets and all that stuff, but if you just scale down the top of the shield's geoset in a model editor, it'll probably be unnoticeable and still work. I'll upload mine in a second.

http://www.box.net/shared/okxfwxnac0

Level 14
really? It looked messed up in Magos'? I could have sworn it was fine.. oh well.

Yeah I figured it was the top part of the shield.

Can you tell me how to do that? (scale down)

And thanks :)

Level 4
Using Magos' editor, save the MDX as an MDL. Then, use Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier to open the MDL. You can individually open each geoset in there and delete parts of the model. I find this is a lot easier to do when removing small parts of models, like weapons. Of course, there is also a scale tool in there (select what you want via left click drag, click scale, right click drag it down to size) which you can use instead of removing a geoset. Those vertices are still drawn, but the performance effect they have is trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.