• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod (Latest v2.0)

https://quenching.hiveworkshop.com/

What is Quenching Mod (QM) ?

QM is a versatility mod with lots of gaming functions, it's specially build for warcraft III 1.32 -

Let's cut to the point and have a quick look.

For gamers

- Support Reforged/Classic/RPG/Campaign/Melee/Worldeditor

- Graphic rendering enhancement (reforged only)

- Graphic assets replacement (reforged only)

- Camera/Gamma/Fog adjustment in melee game (reforged and classic)

- Units/Heroes skin change (reforged and limited classic)

- Key binding (reforged and classic)

- Experiment custom campaign (reforged and classic)

- Switchable new UI (reforged and classic)

- Special graphic mode (reforged only)

For developers

- Slope fix to 90 degrees

- Terraining assets and effect

- SD and HD model calculation fix

- custom campaign api (in progress)

How to install

- download QuenchingModCN.exe

- Copy to warcraft III root folder

- Run and choose [Install Mod]

- Wait until its success

- If network error try again after 10 minutes

How to update

- If the client has an update, there will be a hint

- Use [Check update] to get new patch

We will keep updating this tool for any new information
Previews
Contents

Client1.9 Fix 1 (Binary)

QM2.0 (Must make war3 1.33 vanilla first!) (Binary)

QM2.01 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The Quenching mod does a lot of things to improve upon WC3 Reforged and is therefore Approved! (The download contains two files, are they different versions? Perhaps one can be deleted.)
Level 1
I'm not certain if I'm the only one but Quenching Mod starts crashing when the 1.33 patch rolled in, I hope this gets addressed! Looking forward for future updates. Peace.

Level 5
Hello, was very much enjoying this mod. Unfortunately Patch 1.33 seems to have broken it. With the mod enabled, Warcraft 3 just crashes on startup. I did uninstall and reinstall but no luck.
Zorrot is currently trying to solve the problem but it won't be easy. He originally planned to release QM v2.0 in the near future but Patch 1.33 just ruins everything. It is suggested not to use the mod for the time being.

Level 28
I have a little problem, every time i click load campaign, the client closes while loading and does nothing, is there anything i can do?
This is probably due to the fact your game client has just updated to 1.33. You'll have to wait for a long time until the author released a new update for 1.33, but as some people said, 1.33 broke everything that's related to modding.

Level 3
Hello, was very much enjoying this mod. Unfortunately Patch 1.33 seems to have broken it. With the mod enabled, Warcraft 3 just crashes on startup. I did uninstall and reinstall but no luck.
Remove Warcraft III\retail\ui folder then you are good to go. I think the rest of the functionality works unless you want to play some custom campaign.

Level 1
i don't seem to be able to play custom campaigns on the 2.0, am i doing something wrong? because i tried to launch the game from the Quenching interface and also launch the individual maps, regardless of that, this is a great mod, thank you!

Level 1
i don't seem to be able to play custom campaigns on the 2.0, am i doing something wrong? because i tried to launch the game from the Quenching interface and also launch the individual maps, regardless of that, this is a great mod, thank you!
Turns out that this only applies to Legends of Arkain, i can play other campaigns without any problem

Level 2
is happening to someone that when setting luminosity in game middle or high the game seems like this with QMod? I've tried to change all settings in all ways (in W3 and in QM configs) and the only one that makes this dissappear is setting luminosity (in game) in low, but with this in low effects of the mod in this matter seem to be not so perfect as they use to. If someone has the same trouble and have a solution found help me plz :D
1661898241692.png

Level 1
Hi, for two days I have been trying to download the mods but it remains stuck on part 14. A first time it was stuck on part 15 and I closed and launched quenching but now it's on part 14. I have a slow bandwidth 4 mega but I think there is a problem

Attachments

• Desktop 01-09-2022 16-30-18-479.png
    Desktop 01-09-2022 16-30-18-479.png
    407.1 KB · Views: 86
Level 1
Hello everyone,

My question is, where can i find the QM full mod package? All the links from the YT tutorial and Quenching Client help section are dead. The client downloader is busted, always showing "Offline", but it detects that there is a new patch/update.

Please help, this is so frustrating!

I have the full mod package for QM 1.9, have there been any new packages since then?

Thank you

Level 2
I can`t start any map after 1.33 with quenching. Always have this error
==========
Edit: Problem solved with uninstalling updated 1.9 to 2.01 and installing fresh from 2.01 luncher

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_092422_200120_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_092422_200120_000.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 2
Modifying hotkeys does not work whatsoever in version 2.0 of the mod. I cannot modify the 'Grid' layout, nor can I set or change any keys in the 'Custom' section. The grid is blank and you cannot set any hotkeys. With previous versions of the mod, I modified the 'Grid' layout to MSHA>PSDF>QWER from QWER>ASDF>ZXCV as it feels more comfortable to play with. With the hotkey functionality being broken in 2.0, a huge quality of life function that this mod provided is temporarily lost.

Edit: v2.01 does not fix this issue.

quenchingss.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Is Quenching v2.2 playable with Warcraft v1.32.10? Its the only version I have pls guide someone which version of Quenching works best with this?

Level 2
I LOVE THIS MOD!. I have played the whole regular campaign, the quenching campign prologue and all the re-refrged available campaigns with quenching mod active and i love it, looks and feels amazing. I have tinkered with quenching very often to my likings but one thing I can't get rid of is the white fog from the weather effects in some maps...I cant see anything on the edges of my screen and if i zoom out i cant see anything but white smoke screen...The option to turn off fog in mod turns right back on each time i exit the mod and doesn't ever get rid of the in game fog in the maps that have it...Can someone help me with this?

百度网盘 请输入提取码 This is the main site with V2.3, however, I've yet to get it to download for me.

淬火试炼-魔兽争霸3重制版Mod Is the page to take you to the 2.3 patch, but I get a virus warning when I go to download it or even visit the patch page. So I'll wait for someone else to try lol.
The baidu link tells me to download and run a baidu software before I can proceed with the file's download. Yeah, I'm just never gonna do that, thanks 🤣
The last thing I want is more bloatware on my PC.

Level 28
The baidu link tells me to download and run a baidu software before I can proceed with the file's download. Yeah, I'm just never gonna do that, thanks 🤣
The last thing I want is more bloatware on my PC.
Yeah, it's literally difficult to download files from Pan Baidu, as it always prompt you to use their own download manager instead of IDM.
Creating an account is even more difficult because it requires a specific Chinese phone number. There's only one thing to circumvent this problem by using the VPN with US/Canada server (Confirmed).
You can use this trick to download files from Pan Baidu without using their own download manager, but I won't guarantee it works.

Level 1
Dying to try the mod. All installed but cannot log into Battlenet when launching WCIII Reforged via the QMClient but if I run WCIII Reforged straight from battlenet, it runs fine, doesn't ask to log in and straight to game menu.
I just get 'Error: There was an error in handling the request' from Battlenet. Odd

Level 4
Yeah, i think the mod is officially dead, impossible to download for any western people
I just got it working a few days back. You just need to get Quenching 2.0 set up which I think is still available? I had old Quenching 2.0 files in my old PC and just copied the .rar 23 parts and got the 2.3 client. You can update it to 2.3 through the client as long as you got the 2.0 files.

If y'all want the Client I can upload it somewhere. I'm thinking about making a video to explain how I setup Quenching but I've never made a video before and I'm pretty new to this.