• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod (Latest v2.0)

https://quenching.hiveworkshop.com/

What is Quenching Mod (QM) ?

QM is a versatility mod with lots of gaming functions, it's specially build for warcraft III 1.32 -

Let's cut to the point and have a quick look.

For gamers

- Support Reforged/Classic/RPG/Campaign/Melee/Worldeditor

- Graphic rendering enhancement (reforged only)

- Graphic assets replacement (reforged only)

- Camera/Gamma/Fog adjustment in melee game (reforged and classic)

- Units/Heroes skin change (reforged and limited classic)

- Key binding (reforged and classic)

- Experiment custom campaign (reforged and classic)

- Switchable new UI (reforged and classic)

- Special graphic mode (reforged only)

For developers

- Slope fix to 90 degrees

- Terraining assets and effect

- SD and HD model calculation fix

- custom campaign api (in progress)

How to install

- download QuenchingModCN.exe

- Copy to warcraft III root folder

- Run and choose [Install Mod]

- Wait until its success

- If network error try again after 10 minutes

How to update

- If the client has an update, there will be a hint

- Use [Check update] to get new patch

We will keep updating this tool for any new information
Previews
Contents

Client1.9 Fix 1 (Binary)

QM2.0 (Must make war3 1.33 vanilla first!) (Binary)

QM2.01 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The Quenching mod does a lot of things to improve upon WC3 Reforged and is therefore Approved! (The download contains two files, are they different versions? Perhaps one can be deleted.)
Level 9
Hei guys. As an update for the units models can we get for the alliance the scarlet crusade models? There are models for all the units that the aliance has with the exception of the mortar team...could not fight anything for them :D
View attachment 394177
I know it won't happen anytime soon, but it would be great to add settings for particular players.

Level 35
Except I don't know what to copy to get the Quenching settings that I want (because I don't want to apply all changes)
The settings you can change from the client as before. Right not your problem is to no longer have it offline :)
If that is taken care of and the version appears with the message up to date then you can make you changes in the client then launch game and they should be added (check with world editor)
If you still get offline send me a private message I will tell you the steps I did to make it work

The settings you can change from the client as before. Right not your problem is to no longer have it offline :)
If that is taken care of and the version appears with the message up to date then you can make you changes in the client then launch game and they should be added (check with world editor)
If you still get offline send me a private message I will tell you the steps I did to make it work
Thanks a lot! And I get how it works now. I can choose Manual Setup on Quenching's menu and choose the ZIP file I downloaded from Quenching Download Center.

Last edited:
I think the post-processing in QM is better than the original, but lighting still leaves something to be desired. For example:
1644941296691.png
1644941441984.png

1644941458338.png
Certain angles also expose the weakness of the new lighting on terrain. This affects both original and Quenching terrain. Default lighting doesn't suffer from this problem.
1644941631243.png

Level 4
Having some real trouble here. When I download and put the .exe into my -retail- folder it will constantly say that I am offline, despite being online. I saw that others had a similar problem and fixed it by downloading the full package and putting that in as well, but I still have the same problem. I have tried to uninstall as some have also suggested but it doesn't seem to do anything. In addition, the launch game button doesn't even seem to work. Now I am running this on Parallels on a Mac so am wondering if that might be the issue... can anyone assist?

Having some real trouble here. When I download and put the .exe into my -retail- folder it will constantly say that I am offline, despite being online. I saw that others had a similar problem and fixed it by downloading the full package and putting that in as well, but I still have the same problem. I have tried to uninstall as some have also suggested but it doesn't seem to do anything. In addition, the launch game button doesn't even seem to work. Now I am running this on Parallels on a Mac so am wondering if that might be the issue... can anyone assist?
How to install when Quenching says you're offline:
  • Download the ZIP package for Quenching (the file name should be QMFv1.70.zip or something to that extent)
  • Open Quenching client
  • Click Manual setup
  • Choose the ZIP file you have downloaded
  • Profit

Level 4
Thanks! That did the trick. But now theres a new problem. When I push "launch game" it just quits the launcher and nothing happens. However, when I change around the skins and launch the game through battle.net, the custom skins are applied, so the mod is working to some degree. But when I tried to load a campaign or change the background of the main screen it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks! That did the trick. But now theres a new problem. When I push "launch game" it just quits the launcher and nothing happens. However, when I change around the skins and launch the game through battle.net, the custom skins are applied, so the mod is working to some degree. But when I tried to load a campaign or change the background of the main screen it didn't work. Any ideas?
That's strange. My launch game button and background change button work normally as expected.

Level 28
I have the same problem, when I click launch game it quits the mod
This is just a bug that wasn't fixed at the time when this mod was released. Some people have encountered this kind of issue beforehand. Hopefully, the author will update this mod soon so that starting the Quenching Mod no longer causes the game to crash.

Am I allowed to use this in Multiplayer? Liking some of the unit/hero skins
It is possible, but there is a high chance your game will get desynced.

Level 3
Unable to download mod. Have tried to download into root folder and download the package into retail. but everytime I open the mod, all it asks is for a language preference and errors out. Any suggestions? I use Windows 11 if that matters.

Level 2
Can zoom out using this in battle.net games? Yes I can.

I'm able to bind mousewheel through war3preferences.txt when using grid, but Quenching client do not accept mousewheel as bind.

Last edited:
Level 2
What is hero button in bindings do? How can I reset binds?

Can I make fog less foggy?

If I manually set fov to more than 90 will it work?

Shadows looks weird, how to fix?
WC3ScrnShot_031822_093238_001.png

"Lock classic" helped.

Last edited:
Ok i think i am having a problem. II got the launcher working, I clicked on update, told me there was a new update so I click ok to download it. it opens my web browser to download, and it seems the site is down or offline. I cannot get to the site i get an error

"Hmmm… can't reach this page​

tianxiazhengyi.net took too long to respond"

I would like to try this mod but unless someone can help me with this, I won't be able to sadly

Level 1
Hei guys. As an update for the units models can we get for the alliance the scarlet crusade models? There are models for all the units that the aliance has with the exception of the mortar team...could not fight anything for them :D
View attachment 394177
Id love if they added these models. Scarlet has been one of my favorite factions for the longest time and it sucks not being able to have a skin of them outside of custom games. 4 months later and still hoping for it to be added at one point hopefully they take you up on your suggestion. I'd also love if they added a variation of the Ashbringer paladin skin as Alexandros Mograine with the ashbringer.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok i think i am having a problem. II got the launcher working, I clicked on update, told me there was a new update so I click ok to download it. it opens my web browser to download, and it seems the site is down or offline. I cannot get to the site i get an error

I would like to try this mod but unless someone can help me with this, I won't be able to sadly
im having same issue

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Hei Zorrot.
Where can I see the updates for the lastest patch? I get the message when you update the bundle but it's nothing new in the description :(
you may find it at quenching.hiveworkshop.com
My Quenching graphics are downgraded after the 1.7 installation. The Lordaeron trees have some weird textures?
(left & right tree)
View attachment 394271
This is due to the ramp map, you may close advance shader to disable that

If you can't connect with it, use quenching.hiveworkshop.com instead, some region may not easily reach the server
Id love if they added these models. Scarlet has been one of my favorite factions for the longest time and it sucks not being able to have a skin of them outside of custom games. 4 months later and still hoping for it to be added at one point hopefully they take you up on your suggestion. I'd also love if they added a variation of the Ashbringer paladin skin as Alexandros Mograine with the ashbringer.
I'd like to make a custom skin function but seemed not easy.
i can't complete the intalation, close, open and the problem is same, what's the problem?
View attachment 398661
if you find the mod is offline, you may download full package at quenching.hiveworkshop.com and use [manual setup], then choose the zip package
Yes, in mac you can only use parallels. sometimes the launch is not working, you just use battlenet directly, it works too. If you encounter offline, you may just using full package and manual install

Last edited:
Level 11
Before you read my review I want to express my gratitude and great respect for the work done. In Reforged its impossible for people like me to customize this chunk of 25GB piece which doesnt have any files which you can easily replace and have your custom background/UI/etc.

Installation.
You immediately encounter a problem right here (and it will happen again and again due to other problems). File download is built into the program and it takes around 10+ minutes to download and unpackage 13-parts with constant interrupting via "offline" alerts. If there are server issues you dont have to do so, just zip needed files and put it in any popular cloud disk storage and provide the link. If you are restricted from using any popular file hostings (due to country restrictions or whatever) you can ask people here (or in discord or anywhere else) to duplicate files on popular hostings. As far as i know CIS/EU/US users fine with 'Google drive' (Google Disk).

First launch.
Whenever you install any software you dont expect it to change everything right away (and more importantly break the game). After installation everything is turned ON so on the first launch (even if you are lucky for mod not to cause any issues) you will face drastic changes and it will take a lot of time to firgure out what specific option caused it.

User interface.
It is impossible to figure things out without additional help. [Description panels look like buttons]. 5/5 things are untranslated and i dont know if it causes some changes or not. Im playing classic graphics and to change things for classic graphics i have to enable "LOCK REFORGED" so options are unlocked and i can turn them off because they affect classic graphics anyway.

Updates.
After update options being reset but its not shown in the client. You have to re-pick every option as it was for you before otherwise it happens as the first launch with everything enabled.

Issues.
["Black screen"], offset cooldowns using different UI [1] [2], [reforged icons randomly appear in classic graphics], [replays not suited for UI] and many other more (due to mod being incompatible with custom maps maybe). I mostly play custom maps (DotA, Survival Chaos, Pudge wars, Warlocks, etc.) and every map being affected a lot like broken spells (appear as crosses or X-marks), broken colors, broken models, no icons and many more things appear broken / look weird. I dont know, maybe this mod is made only for melee/single player/campaign players while im playing mostly custom maps.

Suggestions.
Im personally interested in new HUD (UI) so i talk about it only. There is ["Quenching" UI] which i like most - it has same places for minimap, inventory (which most of the time i click with mouse) and abilities panel. But its became smaller and my eyes struggling to see small objects moving on minimap. Same goes for items in unknown/unfamiliar custom games. Abilities on custom maps are unaligned. Dota for example has a feature to see teammates spells and its cooldows and it look totally offset [1] [2]. Its very simple to fix it right now: made "Quenching" UI normal sized like basic UI (or make 2nd version of it to be normal sized).

Afterword.
Despite every issue im very insterested in the project. I want custom background in menu and new HUD to stay; but I cant keep them because mod has no option to fix weird shadows, too contrasty environment, many spells broken in custom maps and etc.. I hope one day you can fix issues mentioned or make 'vanilla' version for your mod (everything stays the same except things you want to customize) without affecting anything else.

Level 1
My problem was I had the ENTIRE mod folder in the Warcraft root folder. I opened it and put the contents inside and the start up finally worked. If that helps
Could you describe in detail what you did to fix your problem and how you went about downloading custom campaigns? I’m not good with computers but REALLY want to play customs

you may put in warcraft III folder, and ensure its 1.32
Could you describe in detail what you mean? I have the Quenching folder in my Warcraft folder and I have version 1.32 of warcraft

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Thanks for your detailed critique first, I'll explain.
1. Installation
In some regions is difficult to reach the server, so I'll make a reposition to the full version download when you are offline in the next patch.
2. UI
When the mouse is hovering in the red part, there should be a description shown below to tell you what function is it. 5/5 things should be translated in the newest patch. In normal condition, it will detect if you use classic or reforged, if the detect is broken, you make use lock function to ensure it work properly
3. Update
In order to prevent more serious condition, I have to reset when update, it's a hard choice but have to.
4. Issues
Black Screen is fixed, UI offset shouldn't happen (like cooldown), I'll check.
5. you can turn off most of the function, but not the lighting modication, i'll consider make a switch

Level 8
Could you describe in detail what you did to fix your problem and how you went about downloading custom campaigns? I’m not good with computers but REALLY want to play customs

Could you describe in detail what you mean? I have the Quenching folder in my Warcraft folder and I have version 1.32 of warcraft
When you unzip the download, it will be put into a folder with the .exe and the readme. Don't put the whole folder in Warcraft3/retail. Instead, put only the QMClient.exe into the retail folder by itself. It should work in theory by then. It's what worked for me.

Level 3
I have an issue, trees wont show in the classic mode whenever I play after installing the mod. They do show on reforged but not on classic

Level 5
every time i try to change a skin on the quenching launch screen it crashes. it always says i'm offline and when i do change the skins the changes don't apply in game. I tried downloading the full package but the download always crashes right whens its almost fully downloaded.

Level 2
Hey, are those steps with copying QM content to w3's retail dir were made on macOS or inside windows virtual machine?

I did the same thing:
1. Downloaded full QM package
2. Extracted it and copied to Applications/Warcraft III/retail
3. Executed
defaults write "com.blizzard.Warcraft III" "Allow Local Files" -int 1
4. Ran Warcraft III via battle.net app.

And the only change i get so far is this custom logo at the top-right part of the game screen.

I might be missed something. If there are success stories with this way i'd happy to know.

1658904131540.png