• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quenching Mod (Latest v2.0)

https://quenching.hiveworkshop.com/

What is Quenching Mod (QM) ?

QM is a versatility mod with lots of gaming functions, it's specially build for warcraft III 1.32 -

Let's cut to the point and have a quick look.

For gamers

- Support Reforged/Classic/RPG/Campaign/Melee/Worldeditor

- Graphic rendering enhancement (reforged only)

- Graphic assets replacement (reforged only)

- Camera/Gamma/Fog adjustment in melee game (reforged and classic)

- Units/Heroes skin change (reforged and limited classic)

- Key binding (reforged and classic)

- Experiment custom campaign (reforged and classic)

- Switchable new UI (reforged and classic)

- Special graphic mode (reforged only)

For developers

- Slope fix to 90 degrees

- Terraining assets and effect

- SD and HD model calculation fix

- custom campaign api (in progress)

How to install

- download QuenchingModCN.exe

- Copy to warcraft III root folder

- Run and choose [Install Mod]

- Wait until its success

- If network error try again after 10 minutes

How to update

- If the client has an update, there will be a hint

- Use [Check update] to get new patch

We will keep updating this tool for any new information
Previews
Contents

Client1.9 Fix 1 (Binary)

QM2.0 (Must make war3 1.33 vanilla first!) (Binary)

QM2.01 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The Quenching mod does a lot of things to improve upon WC3 Reforged and is therefore Approved! (The download contains two files, are they different versions? Perhaps one can be deleted.)
Level 2
Ah, ok, so I can't play a custom campaign that I created on the world editor.:(
The big reason why I love this game is mostly the custom campaign.

Last edited:

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
The Quenching mod does a lot of things to improve upon WC3 Reforged and is therefore Approved! (The download contains two files, are they different versions? Perhaps one can be deleted.)

Level 2
OMG this is incredibly awesome! I was so frustrated after finding out that the Reforged version does not have Custom Campaign.
Definitely try this one out for sure, need to finish The Chosen Ones :cry:

Level 2
Thanks, I only have classic.
So I use battle.net, I have the ROC and TFT classics, I have the 1.32.10.7734 (I removed the beta), I save a campaign with the world editor but when I clic on "Load campagn"...
Well, I must buy Reforged...

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks, I only have classic.
So I use battle.net, I have the ROC and TFT classics, I have the 1.32.10.7734 (I removed the beta), I save a campaign with the world editor but when I clic on "Load campagn"...
Well, I must buy Reforged...
If you had legal access to ROC, that same CD-key is, servers permitting, completely usable to grant you 1.32+ access if you just link it to your account.

Not too much reason to give Blizzard more money

Level 2
Well, "load campagn" work fine, but when I click on my campagn after to have lauch the game, some time later I have this "error while processing the request".

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 16
Yes, one is the newest and another one is the safe version, I keep them both in case there is critical issue happened in latest version

Level 2
It is the one that I have "load campagn" work without crash but when I launch my campaign, some time later I have this "error while processing the request".
Maybe something wrong I will desininstall all and reinstall to see.

Level 2
I have reinstaled, it's worst, I can't click on "load campaign" without crash, maybe because I have no graphic card, I only have a A4 4000 APU.:(
On another hand I can play on the game normaly.

Level 28
I have reinstaled, it's worst, I can't click on "load campaign" without crash, maybe because I have no graphic card, I only have a A4 4000 APU.:(
On another hand I can play on the game normaly.
The APU is not recommended for playing Reforged because it might cause several problems with performance (like constant lags).
You'll have to understand the PC requirements for playing Reforged if you don't encounter that issue (see picture below).

Attachments

• WC3 Requirements.jpg
    WC3 Requirements.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 118
Reinstalling this. It's really frustrating compared to the previous versions. Also, even if I installed this "for the first time", I click "Install Mod" and it warns me to delete files (that aren't there yet), so I have to click "Delete Mod" and install it. I finished it once but it ended up breaking a couple of vanilla icons like the Raider and Shaman unit icons. It's really delayed and not always responsive. The UI is still in Chinese, but you are asked to toggle what language you understand at the beginning. Although, even clicking ENG (English), it is still in Chinese. I had to restart it every time. And there's always a chance that multiple instances of the application is launched because I kept clicking it to open. If I don't click it more than once, it won't launch at all, but you can still see it running in the background. It's pretty buggy right now. I hope you guys test this out before uploading the newest version to the public, unless we're actually the testers as well. This honestly needs to be fixed properly, please. I ended reinstalling my game more than FOUR times now because uninstalling the mod doesn't entirely delete all the files it created and downloaded. You need to optimise this, and there are UI bugged like the locked Undead skins. I can still access it, but the preview and name isn't showing, and it's not working; it should absolutely be locked. Also, some reskins like the blonde High Elven Sorceress has a broken portrait, but there must be other units with that same issue as well. And also, the Prologue text in the title of the campaign is still unreadably black. Please revert it back to the original colour. The installation also had a lot of cuts due to "poor connection" even though my connection is fine, and I always want to have a smooth download because I think that choppy download would still break some files. You can just have us download the whole package here instead of your server or something, and the .exe file can just scan for those files in the root folder of the game. Lastly, the mod is always "Offline".

Last edited:
Level 1
hey i would like to report a issue that i found. In the campaigns that i play cairne appears as a black mass. i believe his model has some type of error and the system can read it. In the unquenching mode (normal game) everything appears to be fine.

hey i would like to report a issue that i found. In the campaigns that i play cairne appears as a black mass. i believe his model has some type of error and the system can read it. In the unquenching mode (normal game) everything appears to be fine.
There are some files that will break upon installing this mod. My suggestion is to reinstall it. You need to completely uninstall the mod before reinstalling it. I still have this mod despite a lot of other issues, and reinstalling either the mod or the game entirely would fix this for now.

Level 1
I have a problem. Every time I launch the game from the Quenching Client after loading the mod, the client closes and the game doesn't open. I've tried with several mods, and I'm using the latest patch client. I've also tried version 1.6 and 1.5 previously, both giving the same results.

I'm running Warcraft 3 Classic as I don't have reforged, but the games in the original hard copy disk, of course using the Blizzard client.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleting all the Quenching files and folders before installing it again, nothing proved to work.
Any options to fix this?

Edit: I also have the Blizzard client open when trying to launch the game from the Quenching client.

Level 28
I have a problem. Every time I launch the game from the Quenching Client after loading the mod, the client closes and the game doesn't open. I've tried with several mods, and I'm using the latest patch client. I've also tried version 1.6 and 1.5 previously, both giving the same results.

I'm running Warcraft 3 Classic as I don't have reforged, but the games in the original hard copy disk, of course using the Blizzard client.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleting all the Quenching files and folders before installing it again, nothing proved to work.
Any options to fix this?

Edit: I also have the Blizzard client open when trying to launch the game from the Quenching client.
There appears to be a corrupted files during the installation process. You can use the "Repair" feature from Battle.net to fix this problem.

Level 1
There are some time the UI doesn't load what I chose. For example, I picked Quenching or Blizzard UI, but it goes to the default one regardless. How do I fix that?

Level 3
Is anyone else facing this issue. I edit a Custom campaign and then load it in the Q mod. i launch the game and try to play the campaign but it does not load levels. Not sure why

Level 28
Is anyone else facing this issue. I edit a Custom campaign and then load it in the Q mod. i launch the game and try to play the campaign but it does not load levels. Not sure why
Did you read the following notice below? It is worth mentioning that editing Custom Campaigns will corrupt your game data when you attempt to load using Quenching Mod.
You can't play a custom campaign which is:
1.Open in somewhere else like worldeditor
2.It's protected like the choosen one

I'll consider to make some imporvment in cc

Reinstalling this. It's really frustrating compared to the previous versions. Also, even if I installed this "for the first time", I click "Install Mod" and it warns me to delete files (that aren't there yet), so I have to click "Delete Mod" and install it. I finished it once but it ended up breaking a couple of vanilla icons like the Raider and Shaman unit icons. It's really delayed and not always responsive. The UI is still in Chinese, but you are asked to toggle what language you understand at the beginning. Although, even clicking ENG (English), it is still in Chinese. I had to restart it every time. And there's always a chance that multiple instances of the application is launched because I kept clicking it to open. If I don't click it more than once, it won't launch at all, but you can still see it running in the background. It's pretty buggy right now. I hope you guys test this out before uploading the newest version to the public, unless we're actually the testers as well. This honestly needs to be fixed properly, please. I ended reinstalling my game more than FOUR times now because uninstalling the mod doesn't entirely delete all the files it created and downloaded. You need to optimise this, and there are UI bugged like the locked Undead skins. I can still access it, but the preview and name isn't showing, and it's not working; it should absolutely be locked. Also, some reskins like the blonde High Elven Sorceress has a broken portrait, but there must be other units with that same issue as well. And also, the Prologue text in the title of the campaign is still unreadably black. Please revert it back to the original colour. The installation also had a lot of cuts due to "poor connection" even though my connection is fine, and I always want to have a smooth download because I think that choppy download would still break some files. You can just have us download the whole package here instead of your server or something, and the .exe file can just scan for those files in the root folder of the game. Lastly, the mod is always "Offline".
I'm having similar issues. I've had to reinstall the mod over 10 times and it still won't work. It was working perfectly fine until 1.6, now it doesn't work at all.
It required "uninstalling" and installing, but then it just stops recognising warcraft III. I've installed the 1.5 download, the 1.6 and the 1.61, sometimes together, sometimes one after another and other times as standalone version. They simply don't work anymore, which is forcing me to reinstall the whole game. I'm lucky as I keep all my models in a separate savefile, but other people won't be so lucky.

I'm having similar issues. I've had to reinstall the mod over 10 times and it still won't work. It was working perfectly fine until 1.6, now it doesn't work at all.
It required "uninstalling" and installing, but then it just stops recognising warcraft III. I've installed the 1.5 download, the 1.6 and the 1.61, sometimes together, sometimes one after another and other times as standalone version. They simply don't work anymore, which is forcing me to reinstall the whole game. I'm lucky as I keep all my models in a separate savefile, but other people won't be so lucky.
Worse still, and I'm currently reinstalling this for the Nᵗʰ time, every install breaks something we wouldn't know about until in middle of a game. It's breaking models as the game considers it missing; therefore, when training units in-game they are invisible masses that cannot be selected. And there is this instance where some unit models are changed even if there's no custom skin toggled. This mod should be polished before being released publicly... like Reforged itself.

Last edited:
Level 1
I'm having difficulties installing the mod/running any campaigns. IF I try to install through QuenchingModCN.exe, then the program always says that I'm offline, so I can't download the mod. If I launch the 1.61.exe version, then I'm online and even messages of updates pop-up - but when I try to press install mod through there, the quenching launcher just turns off. If, alternatively, I install manually (download the full package and unzip the retail folder into my main game folder), the mod seems to launch, but then the campaigns don't launch. Tried playing a custom campaign "Garitho's campaign" and it crashes after finishing loading. The game just crashes and I get a weird error message like so:
1639820471884.png

Thing is, I know for a fact that the campaign works, because I tried playing it via my old classic game-files that I still had on my pc, the version is 2.7 or wtv, tho - so some of the maps in this campaign don't load for me, because of it.

Any ideas ?

Level 28
I'm having difficulties installing the mod/running any campaigns. IF I try to install through QuenchingModCN.exe, then the program always says that I'm offline, so I can't download the mod. If I launch the 1.61.exe version, then I'm online and even messages of updates pop-up - but when I try to press install mod through there, the quenching launcher just turns off. If, alternatively, I install manually (download the full package and unzip the retail folder into my main game folder), the mod seems to launch, but then the campaigns don't launch. Tried playing a custom campaign "Garitho's campaign" and it crashes after finishing loading. The game just crashes and I get a weird error message like so:
View attachment 391957

Thing is, I know for a fact that the campaign works, because I tried playing it via my old classic game-files that I still had on my pc, the version is 2.7 or wtv, tho - so some of the maps in this campaign don't load for me, because of it.

Any ideas ?
There are two possible reasons:
1.Your installation (and download) is corrupted. You have to re-download it again and follow the install instructions as detailed on the description.
2.The campaign you are trying on is not suitable for Quenching Mod because it's protected or edited with the World Editor.

Level 2
every time I hit install mod, a pop up saying offline appears. I don't know what is wrong.

I do have an internet connection and when it first launches, it says online. only after hitting install mod does it say offline. I have also downloaded this twice under the assumption the first time went wrong.

the "how to install" does not help.

nvm. found a solution.

downloaded both client and package and placed both in main folder

Last edited:
Level 28
Hei guys. I deleted the old quenching 1.61 and added the new 1.7 but it seams to not work at all anymore. No settings remain and the interface closes often and reset all that I tried to do :(
I have the same problem. :(
Follow this guy's post. Basically, you'll have to download both client and package and place them in "retail" folder.
If there is another problem, then maybe your game file is corrupted.

Level 3
So ive downloaded both Client and package as Dragonnaire suggested. Still says error when i try launch some campaigns. ive made clean installations on both quenching mod and war3. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to make this work?

Level 28
It seems the link from his post no longer work... :(
Still working with IDM. Maybe there is a problem with your download.
Quenching Mod Download 1.jpg
Quenching Mod Download 2.jpg

So ive downloaded both Client and package as Dragonnaire suggested. Still says error when i try launch some campaigns. ive made clean installations on both quenching mod and war3. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to make this work?
If the campaigns are edited using the World Editor or protected, it won't work.

Level 35
Still working with IDM. Maybe there is a problem with your download.

If the campaigns are edited using the World Editor or protected, it won't work.
Hello!
It is working for me now. I downloaded the client 1.7 from the download center together with the .zip that contains all the folders for WC3
For those that still have issues with the new 1.7 version download the client and .zip from the page
1643019130047.png

The .zip contains all the folders that you will extract in the Warcraft III\retail\ and then the mod should work
If yous till have issues use uninstall (this will delete everything) then close and reopen client and follow original steps install mod/check update then make you settings.
You should be good to go. Hope it helps!
WC3ScrnShot_012422_125526_001.png

Last edited:
Level 28
And how can I make them work?
Follow the installation instructions as Fireaxe said. Download both Client and Full, then place all zipped contents in "retail" folder.
If you get error, uninstall the whole package, restart the client, then let it update before making several changes in Quenching Mod.
For the campaigns, just use the Load Campaign feature, provided that your campaign file is in the correct folder.

Level 3
Follow the installation instructions as Fireaxe said. Download both Client and Full, then place all zipped contents in "retail" folder.
If you get error, uninstall the whole package, restart the client, then let it update before making several changes in Quenching Mod.
For the campaigns, just use the Load Campaign feature, provided that your campaign file is in the correct folder.
I have done that what Fireaxe said, thats what i ment with a clean install. If I click on "Load Campaign" it load some files then stops dosnt look like it finish it. If i click "Launch Game" Quenching closes, if I click "Champign Unlock" it closes

I've put the champaign in "Warcraft3 > Battlenet > "some numbers" > Campaings > Reforge

Level 28
I have done that what Fireaxe said, thats what i ment with a clean install. If I click on "Load Campaign" it load some files then stops dosnt look like it finish it. If i click "Launch Game" Quenching closes, if I click "Champign Unlock" it closes

I've put the champaign in "Warcraft3 > Battlenet > "some numbers" > Campaings > Reforge
Which version of Reforged have you tried on? It might be due to the outdated version.
Also, I'm pointing out that as the author suggested, don't try to play the campaigns that are protected (like The Chosen One) or modified with WE.

Level 3
Which version of Reforged have you tried on? It might be due to the outdated version.
Also, I'm pointing out that as the author suggested, don't try to play the campaigns that are protected (like The Chosen One) or modified with WE.
Version 1.32.10. Dunno how else to play them then :(