• Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.

Quenching Mod (Latest v1.4)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
https://quenching.hiveworkshop.com/

What is Quenching Mod (QM) ?

QM is a versatility mod with lots of gaming functions, it's specially build for warcraft III 1.32 -

Let's cut to the point and have a quick look.

For gamers

- Support Reforged/Classic/RPG/Campaign/Melee/Worldeditor

- Graphic rendering enhancement (reforged only)

- Graphic assets replacement (reforged only)

- Camera/Gamma/Fog adjustment in melee game (reforged and classic)

- Units/Heroes skin change (reforged and limited classic)

- Key binding (reforged and classic)

- Experiment custom campaign (reforged and classic)

- Switchable new UI (reforged and classic)

- Special graphic mode (reforged only)

For developers

- Slope fix to 90 degrees

- Terraining assets and effect

- SD and HD model calculation fix

- custom campaign api (in progress)

How to install

- download QuenchingModCN.exe

- Copy to warcraft III root folder

- Run and choose [Install Mod]

- Wait until its success

- If network error try again after 10 minutes

How to update

- If the client has an update, there will be a hint

- Use [Check update] to get new patch

We will keep updating this tool for any new information
Previews
Contents

v1.4 (Binary)

Level 6
Quenching Mod is the most important advance of WC3 Reforged. Its appearance has saved Warcraft 3, the most classic game in history, to a certain extent.
The supports of HDR and AO in recent patch v1.2 are really impressive and exciting.
Glad to see this great work here! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Level 2
This mod looks really good, I like it, but it downs performances. (That's maybe the reason why blizzard reduced the quality to release reforged)

Level 4
Love this tool. Nice to have more options both for hero and unit skins; i also suggest - if possible - making option for changing skins of particular units rather than changing whole set of units. Also even without using skin changer the tool is useful as an offline launcher since Blizzard blocked possibility to launch game via exe file; same goes for World Editor so it is good idea to add WE launch button.
One last thing, if I'm not asking for to much: version for Linux.

Last edited:

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 8
Love this tool. Nice to have more options both for hero and unit skins; i also suggest - if possible - making option for changing skins of particular units rather than changing whole set of units. Also even without using skin changer the tool is useful as an offline launcher since Blizzard blocked possibility to launch game via exe file; same goes for World Editor so it is good idea to add WE launch button.
One last thing, if I'm not asking for to much: version for Linux.
Unitskin separate require lots of times, it may come after a long time
Adding launch button is cool
I'll figure out linux setup

Level 1
Fist of all,absolutely amazing work on the quenching mod,the graphics enhancements of the terrain are exactly what this game needed(i hve been using the melee mode set and its amazing how it makes the game look)
But i wanted to ask how are you able to apply custom skins on regular melee maps and rest of the game,normally you would have to make a custom map in the world editor with the injected model/skin for it to be applied.
More so i wanted to ask is it planed or even possible for quenching to have functionality for users of the mod,once it is installed,to be able to add other custom models/skins for heroes to the selection by themselves?

there are alot of cool reforged hd models and sd version models on this site,but the logistics of using them is so tedious,having to edit every singel map you want to use them on in the editor.While in quenching its like the ingame skin selector,you pick a skin and its applied everywhere.I think with the ability of useres being able to add additional models and skins to the skin selector list alongside the onese you made available to choose from,would just be amazing and greatly increase the ease of use and modding potential of the game.

Thanks again for your work on this mod,looking forwrad to future updates.

Zorrot

Hosted Project: QM
Level 8
Fist of all,absolutely amazing work on the quenching mod,the graphics enhancements of the terrain are exactly what this game needed(i hve been using the melee mode set and its amazing how it makes the game look)
But i wanted to ask how are you able to apply custom skins on regular melee maps and rest of the game,normally you would have to make a custom map in the world editor with the injected model/skin for it to be applied.
More so i wanted to ask is it planed or even possible for quenching to have functionality for users of the mod,once it is installed,to be able to add other custom models/skins for heroes to the selection by themselves?

there are alot of cool reforged hd models and sd version models on this site,but the logistics of using them is so tedious,having to edit every singel map you want to use them on in the editor.While in quenching its like the ingame skin selector,you pick a skin and its applied everywhere.I think with the ability of useres being able to add additional models and skins to the skin selector list alongside the onese you made available to choose from,would just be amazing and greatly increase the ease of use and modding potential of the game.

Thanks again for your work on this mod,looking forwrad to future updates.
I'm consider about this, but it's cost heavy load of work, thank you.