• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Purchasing Starcraft 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Depends what you mean by "free"

Blizzard offers a free version of Starcraft II, called the "Starter Edition." It allows you to play the first few levels of the Campaign, as well as play Terran in the Multiplayer.

https://us.battle.net/account/sc2/s...51110E315BBB520D153A1198.blade34_02_bnet-mgmt

Otherwise, getting a FULL version of SC2 should be classified as "illegal activities" and as such, is against the rules.

Cheers,
~Asomath

Level 14
Sc2 Starter edition is shit (no offense,but atleast they give it for free for new players),since you only get to play as terran and only 4 maps,and a very short campaign

I recommend you save for full version,or ask your parents for it on a special day (Christmas or something,if asking your parents doesn't count as something kiddy for you,then I suggest playing Sc2 Starter edition instead)

Level 4
Oh, why didn't I thought of that... Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, Starcraft II Full Edition (original) costs 3,000 PHP (minimum) here in my country, so I'd just make a relative of mine in another country to buy it for me in theirs.

P.S. I had already played starter edition's first 5 maps, in all difficulties, and I'm really getting bored that I can't even play skirmish...

Level 14
Oh, why didn't I thought of that... Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, Starcraft II Full Edition (original) costs 3,000 PHP (minimum) here in my country, so I'd just make a relative of mine in another country to buy it for me in theirs.

P.S. I had already played starter edition's first 5 maps, in all difficulties, and I'm really getting bored that I can't even play skirmish...

it's 71 dollars,ask your parents or save up :xxd:

Level 6
Hmm, doesn't Starter Edition allow you to play custom games being a Terran in multiplayer?

Level 6
Really, buy it man. 40 pounds is not a big deal for THIS game.

Personally, I played it on friends' computers against AI or campaign first and was not impressed so much. Then I heard about Starter Edition and decided to give it a try. I played 3 or 4 melee games against real players and - that was it, the next day I bought the digital version. Not only melee maps, there are tonns of great custom maps, my personal favourites are Colonial Line Wars, Squadron TD (though, I admit, I liked Legion TD in WC3 more), Nexus Wars and Raynor's Party.

The only bad thing is that I started missing university classes after buying the game. ^/^

Level 7
I feel bad, I have this game but never play it lol.

I don;t think it's fair for all the people from wealthy western countries to just tell him to go buy it, its just not the same in countries where poverty is a problem.

I'm surprised it's so expensive in the Philippines, usually game companies release their products at a cut price in less wealthy countries, I believe Skyrim went for the equivalent of around 15 pounds in Russia where as in UK it opened at 45 pounds.
I am shocked at blizzard for releasing at such a high price world wide but then thats greed for you.

OrochiKira537, have you tried looking for a pirate copy online, I wouldn't normally advocate it but in your case it seems like your only option.

Level 6
Well, I live in Russia and, trust me, I'm not the richest man in the world - Russians are generally very poor, compared to, say, UK (I think we're pretty similar to Philippines on salaries). 40 pounds (this is what I bought the game for) here is not just colored paper. But I think the game worths it.

Level 25
I've started playing more Warcraft 3 since I bought SC2.

Why?
- No LAN/offline playing of downloaded maps
- Custom games system is a mess; it's the same 10 maps on the top of the list as a year ago, and only a few of them are fun.
- Battle.net 2.0 is a mess. They are finally started to listen to the community and should have about 75% of Battle.net 1.0's features implemented with the next expansion, though.

Level 6
I've started playing more Warcraft 3 since I bought SC2.
- Custom games system is a mess; it's the same 10 maps on the top of the list as a year ago, and only a few of them are fun.

This sounds strange to me. In WC3 95 games out of 100 are DotA, 3 are Legion TD and 2 are Battleships, Battletanks or stuff like that. In SC2 there are really over 30 different games constantly being played.

Level 25
True that 90% of the games in WC3 were DotA, but the nature of that custom games system allowed new maps to be seem by all users, since all hosted maps had equal chance on the games list.

On SC2 it's all but impossible for a new map to reach the top - especially if it needs several players. Sure there are about 10 maps that fill quickly, but there are only those 10 maps that you can expect to fill, ever.

Level 24

I don;t think it's fair for all the people from wealthy western countries to just tell him to go buy it, its just not the same in countries where poverty is a problem.

I'm surprised it's so expensive in the Philippines, usually game companies release their products at a cut price in less wealthy countries, I believe Skyrim went for the equivalent of around 15 pounds in Russia where as in UK it opened at 45 pounds.
I am shocked at blizzard for releasing at such a high price world wide but then thats greed for you.

OrochiKira537, have you tried looking for a pirate copy online, I wouldn't normally advocate it but in your case it seems like your only option.

Because Skyrim was made by a company that still has some decency left ?

Level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.