• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Psixiko TD (Hybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Psixiko TD

Latest News
Thanks to TastyBamboo's advice and tips, I was able to terrain a large part of the map by myself, even though I'm not a terrainer. The first 6 waves are ready to make your life difficult. Currently working on the whole Rok system and terraining the last 2 sections of the map.

Map Information
Map stage: Alpha
Type: Tower Defence
Players: 1-4
Progress: I'm 60-65% done with the terrain. Currently working on the rest of the terrain and the waves.
Waves completed: 9/40
Credits (up to now)

A big "thank you" to everyone listed here. If I use one of your resources in my map and I don't credit you, please send me a PM reminding me to include you.
  • TastyBamboo (Extremely helpful terraining advice, terrained 20% of the map)
  • Ralle (Demolition and Rapid Fire mode ideas. I borrowed them from his TD tutorial :))
  • Happy Cockroach (Rok's model)
  • General Frank (Orb of Lightning model)
  • Tranquil (Great Lightning model)
Features

• 7 unique races:
    1. Human
    2. Orcs
    3. Highborne
    4. Elementals
    5. Demons
    6. Naga
    7. Night Elves
  • 27 regular waves, 9 heroic waves and 4 boss waves (a total of 40). Most creeps have at least one custom ability, making them harder to kill.
  • 3 difficulty levels. Difficulty level defines the number of creeps spawned. (20/30/40)
  • An adjustable anti-steal mechanic. Nobody will be able to hit your creeps unless you allow them to.
  • Unbuildable tiles ensure a fully-working anti-block system.
  • Commands (/tips, /help, /raid, /flare) that guide new players and help those more experienced understand the map's mechanics.
  • 2 sub-modes (more to be added):
    1. Demolition xx: Every xx seconds, a random tower is destroyed. Players with more towers are preferred.
    2. Rapid Fire: No pause between the waves.
Rok

Rok is an ancient(<-- cliché but w/e :p) tempest elemental, and you can use him to your advantage. After wave 10, the Altar of Storms is destroyed, Rok is summoned and each player gets a Storm Initiate. One may sacrifice his/her initiate to kill all creeps on one's side. You get no bounty for creeps, heroes or bosses killed this way. If you invoke Rok in a hero or boss round, heroes lose 50% of their maximum health instead of dying, and bosses lose only 20%.

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Commands
  • /help Displays the list with all available commands (becomes obsolete if you spend the next 2 minutes of your life reading below...)
  • /tips Activates/Deactivates tips. Various tips with various information, including raid tips.
  • /herotips Activates/deactivates tips for your hero.
  • /racetips Activates/deactivates tips for your race's towers and general gameplay.
  • /flare Flares strategic locations where you can build your towers.
  • /allow Brings up a menu where you can allow other players to help you in your area.
  • /disallow Same as above, only that here you disallow players to hit your creeps.
  • /kick Brings up the Kick menu. Red-only command.
  • /intro Plays an introductory cinematic
  • /out Zooms out to 1,000 distance
  • /in Resets the camera

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Level 11
Yeah, I'm afraid you might be right. My free time is so limited that I design the towers/heroes/everything during school hours ^^
Anyway, I'm busy with the Race Contest at the moment and I also want to make a spell and I've got to help in another map's spells, so I guess progress will be really slow for this. But, when I graduate, I'll be able to do whatever the heck I want!! :grin:

Level 4
Eh. More triggered abilities would be nice, but it looks like you put a lot of thought into this, and I encourage you to keep going with it.

Level 11
Bumping.

Major map alterations.

• Reduced the total playable races to 7
  • Added Rok
  • Completely reterrained the map
  • Reduced each race's towers to 6
  • Completely removed heroes and bosses; the map is now pure TD
  • ScreenieZ! :D

Your comments and suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.