• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PROXY's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
That wolf rider looks brilliant. Really loving the details. Although the rider's proportions are still not quite WC3-like (they're too realistic, basically!), there does seem to be an improvement over many of your older works. As for the wolf itself - I really like that you managed to make him look unique among WC3 wolves despite simply using the in-game Timber Wolf texture. I would only recommend that you add some fluff around his face, like a 'mane', or at least elongate his cheekbones backwards and outwards to make the face more wolf-like. Also, the belt/harness suggestion is fantastic, and could really improve the look of the model if done well. I would recommend going for a thicker harness with a handle or something, because a thin belt might not read well from a Warcraft 3 perspective.

Something like the armour at the front of Thrall's wolf:

e39d3821b4.png

Hugging the wolf's neck, but with a big handle sticking out where the rider can hold his mount. I think that might look good.

And one more thing - I would add a spot of teamcolour either on his shoulderpads or on his helmet, because, again, from an in-game perspective you wouldn't necessarily notice the wolf's bracers or the wolf's seat all that well. This won't necessarily look better aesthetically, but I would recommend checking in-game first and seeing if the TC stands out enough among different players (disregarding the team glow). If it doesn't then it would help bringing it to a place where it's more visible from a bird's eye perspective.

Level 48
Wow. Very impressive. Would like to see the nose ring as a 3D mesh rather than a 2D texture on his face (Blizzard used meshes whenever it introduced pieces like this, even if it's just a 2D alpha'd out plane). It's a great example of what a Warcraft 3-ish Orc Death Knight might look like. I suppose I would envision one wielding a Runed Axe rather than a Runeblade, for lore reasons (Orcs don't seem like the swordwielding type to me), but it's still absolutely fantastic. :)

Level 51
Any progress with the Wolfrider?

What animations did you gave him?

Might make some progress with the wolfrider today.

DK animations will be wow animations remade from scratch :)

Edit:

A little model edit I've started today to get away from some other projects.

taran1.JPG taran2.JPG
Tharan Zhu, the Pandaren leader of the Shado Pan. Going to try myself at some Martial Arts Animating here.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Might make some progress with the wolfrider today.

DK animations will be wow animations remade from scratch :)

Edit:

A little model edit I've started today to get away from some other projects.

View attachment 298608 View attachment 298609
Tharan Zhu, the Pandaren leader of the Shado Pan. Going to try myself at some Martial Arts Animating here.
wait WAHT

Dude. DUDE. Don't edit a post. this is your thread; double-post for heck's sake! Most importantly because Edits don't bring the thread back up for subscribers like me. : P

~~~

SIiiiiiiick. I've got a Pandaren race that's approximately ~13 years away, and I definitely had a "Shado-Pan" planned. (now, I was just gonna use the Beta Pandaren Brewmaster with the giant spear & horned hat, but...). This guy is lookin' swell.

Personally I might be worried at how tall he is, but time will tell.

Also very excited to see some 'martial arts' animations; there are next-to-none of those extant (either in the game or the Hive). Good luck!

Level 51
Thanks guys!

wait WAHT

Dude. DUDE. Don't edit a post. this is your thread; double-post for heck's sake! Most importantly because Edits don't bring the thread back up for subscribers like me. : P
!

Well jeah, I dislike double-posting, but I nearly always take what was in the previous post and move it over to the new post, so it's essentially an edited post, but actually a new one so people get notified. Was to lazy to do that last time though :p My apologies.

highressili.JPG highressili2.JPG

High-Res-Illidan. Currently wrapped to the original illidan texture, but I'm hoping that a texturer (*cough* @~Nightmare *cough*) might come up to texture that little bad boy.

Head is still the standard one (although edited), may or may not redo that.

Level 34
Thanks guys!

Well jeah, I dislike double-posting, but I nearly always take what was in the previous post and move it over to the new post, so it's essentially an edited post, but actually a new one so people get notified. Was to lazy to do that last time though :p My apologies.

View attachment 299844 View attachment 299845

High-Res-Illidan. Currently wrapped to the original illidan texture, but I'm hoping that a texturer (*cough* @~Nightmare *cough*) might come up to texture that little bad boy.

Head is still the standard one (although edited), may or may not redo that.

Why not use Darkholme's superb version?: Illidan.blp (BTW, your model looks totally badass with in-game textures)

Level 51
Why not use Darkholme's superb version?: Illidan.blp (BTW, your model looks totally badass with in-game textures)

I tried but it just does not feel right. But we'll see :)

Eredar Banequeen: Winged Female Eredar WIP. That's it for modelling for the next time. Will switch to moderating and then studying again, might not make much progress in the next months but thought I'd throw it in here anyway.

eredar3.JPG

Last edited:
Level 48
Dig the metallic feathers; would recommend a different texture for the crystal, though. It looks a bit too photo-realistic. Maybe simply tinting it green through geoset animations will be enough; or you could duplicate the geoset, enlarge it and make it additive for a shiny crystal-like effect.
However, I would simply recommend going for the Ancient Ziggurat / Nerubian Ziggurat texture (doodad in TFT). It has a pretty nice, green gem, perfect for blood elves, and I think there might be a TC variant somewhere too, teamcoloured gems are always neat.

All that aside, really happy to see you doing stuff! I recently picked up the ol' toolkit myself, who knows, might even release something eventually. :huh:

Level 51
Dig the metallic feathers; would recommend a different texture for the crystal, though. It looks a bit too photo-realistic. Maybe simply tinting it green through geoset animations will be enough; or you could duplicate the geoset, enlarge it and make it additive for a shiny crystal-like effect.
However, I would simply recommend going for the Ancient Ziggurat / Nerubian Ziggurat texture (doodad in TFT). It has a pretty nice, green gem, perfect for blood elves, and I think there might be a TC variant somewhere too, teamcoloured gems are always neat.

All that aside, really happy to see you doing stuff! I recently picked up the ol' toolkit myself, who knows, might even release something eventually. :huh:

Thank you very much. I tried to stay away from that texture actually, as it is kinda being overused, but oh well. I ended up using it anyway :D

I'd be very excited to see new stuff coming from you! Don't tease and then dissapoint me :p

new1.PNG

Creating a mesh that looks exactly like the concept while trying to use ingame textures is a pain in the ass, I tell you.

Level 51
Damn, suddenly Lor'themar! Awesome head and hair, but that chestpiece looks like it will be hell to wrap... Good luck. :hohum:

I created it piece by piece to allow easier wrapping for the small, separate parts.

Mesh is finished as far as I'm concerned and even the cloak does not look as bad as I thought it would. Although I'm probably going to change it's texture and/or wrap in the future.

This bad boy packs ~3000 faces which you wouldn't expect at first, but was necessary to create the armor and sword as close to the original as possible. I think I succeeded quite well :D

Now onto rigging and animating.

Attachments

• meshfin1.PNG
    meshfin1.PNG
    243.6 KB · Views: 221
  • meshfin2.PNG
    meshfin2.PNG
    246.5 KB · Views: 193
  • meshfin3.PNG
    meshfin3.PNG
    281 KB · Views: 214
Status