• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Protoss Dark Templar

Reactions: deepstrasz
Keywords:
protoss dark templar
Contents

Protoss Dark Templar (Model)

Protoss Dark Templar (Model)

Assets
Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) [09-25-07] Model works ingame an is a nice idea.

M

General Frank:

(Approved) [09-25-07]

Model works ingame an is a nice idea.

Level 2
A little briefing:

High Templars were Protoss who sacrificed figthing skills to develop more psionic abilities, while dark Templars were assasins with their own dark arts.

After being vanquished from Aiur, dark templars wandered in search in a way to please thei brethren to return to Aiur. They were called dark templars coz they denied to unite their minds to the Khala, believing they would loose their individuality.

Level 2
amazing. i'll credit you for your model bceause im going to use it in my map.

oh and 1 more thing. i think the animation spell-slam is better to be used as a spell channeling animation.

Level 8
Oh, and the same thing goes for "ReplaceableId 1,", which you used twice. As for the Portrait; you used two exactly the same Materials. The GeoSet does NOT need to use its own Material; namely in your case; the MaterialID 4 is the same as MaterialID 3, therefore your last GeoSet of the Portrait model could simply use MaterialID 3!
That way you'll save space and faster loading time.
Like the animations, though.

Level 6
While most people thought it was wierd that it was called Dark Templar (SC doesnt ring a bell for them, poor creatures ;) ), I came up with the idea to make a short review.

For the use of the Eredar animations, it is grand. The death animation is very good aswell, and the chosen animations are good, though a morph animation wouldnt be out of place here aswell.

As for skin and model, the skin could need improvements, and the head could be shrinken a little since it looks a little too big. Protoss have large heads, but just a minor shrinkening and it would be grand.

Level 5
very nicely done. the body is okay but i love the face. Its the almost a perfect copy of the dark templar's head. make his body smaller though. protoss had small bodies. :p great job

Level 4
is it me or this thing doesnt bring all of the skins?Im got only
Skin 1: Dark.blp
Skin 2: Textures\Blue_Glow2.blp

Skin 5: ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow02.blp
Where do I get the rest?

Level 4
Ghost27 said:
1st. dark templars had scythes, not psi blades (i think)
2nd. why he look more raziel than dark templar to me?

Zeratul has a psi blade check out:

http://www.blizzard.com/broodwar/heroes/zeratul.shtml

Level 1
Noce model. And yes as Ghost27 said, Dark Templars do have scythes... kind of. It's more like they're holding a curved blade upside down (the blade protruding from ones grip oposite of ones thumb as opposed to the traditional way of holding a blade). This guy's weapon is more like a Zealot's blade, and that thing sticking off of the "hilt" or whartever kind of looks like a scope. Also I don't remember Dark Templars having so much headgear. And one final thing, he should be a little leaner, with more exagerated joints in his leg, but that may look strange when compared to other models.

5/5 my friend, it has it's faults, but it's a very good model.

Level 2
The templar don't have scythes! The "scythe" you see in starcraft is just an energy "tail" the flies through the air when they swing... If you watch them while the run/walk you can see the blade moving from his wrist back and forth...

Anyways, good model, I give it 10/10 except the legs are kinda stubby..

Level 2
why is the attack animation so weird? he goes to swing, and half way he stops. Its like hes not even hitting anything. i was going to make his attacks have cleave but that doesn't make sense because it doesn't even look like he is hitting anything, let alone multiple creeps. anyone else have this problem or is it just my computer??

edit: my bad attack looks good.

Last edited:
Level 13
I really like the model, but if I am going to use this in my map (i'll credit you of cource) I need this to have a taget attachment point of ORIGIN (for auras and stuff). If you could add that I would be very grateful. Thanks.