Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

"Project WarSoc"

Discussion in 'Project WarSoc' started by MindWorX, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I haven't taken any college courses in databases, so I am unfamiliar with terminology. But, simply enough, the unit variable gets all of its information from the object editor. At the same time, it reacts with the 3D environment with 'method' type calls in JASS like SetUnitX/Y and SetUnitFlyHeight()

If you'd care to give a simple explanation on the difference between an OOP database and a relational one, I would appreciate it. :)

2. GeEom

GeEom

Resources:
    Resources:
    wc3 dose so much for us

dose anyone else get that the wc3 engines *set flight height* thing is incredibly friendly, in that flying units are actualy given relitive and very smooth Z cordinates: note flight height rise and fall (change is vulgar for a process so wonderfully done for us) as a unit goes over trees etc?

another problem with going around wc3 is skipping features like this

however then we could set flight colision (ever get tired of flight unit clipping?, its like the 2D arangement engines from C&C 1 again)

-sub note- i quote command and conquer alot, forgive me and dont corner me as some addict, its merely that the game has textbook examples of every single stage of development within strategy gaming

---edit

i take it you all dont read this, as no one makes referance
    i must be being too long winded
    i think alot of its quite clever and insightful
    maybe ill write it down somewhere else
    a book on gaming philosophy prehaps
    i could get a job advising ccompanys on how to handle their fanbase
    or i could get a job burning funny objects and small children and getting zillions of webhits, thereby pleasing my advertisers...
    and petrols so much easyer to get a hold of than systematic populus response analysis
    hmmmmmm fire

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  3. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Off topic
    Is there any chance at all that this project or anyone else, will make "Writing to .Xml files" avaible - I meen, is this posible? That could open great opputuneties for WCIII.Rpg :confused:

I guess this is the wrong place to post, but I just saw this project, and supposed that you are the right people to do this!

Thx

4. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    There will be a good, gamecache-like method for saving data eventually. XML is not really a good option because everybody can edit it with ease and it's hard to make an easy-to-use API for Jass. The main config file for RtC is, however, an XML file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.