• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
come here to give +rep to sonofjay because a good map his created with a epic system xD

Edit~~~
the scope system was great at all...
maybe if i can suggest you sonofjay to make the scope be a just a little more larger than that because i got a little problem when i want to shot the enemies other than that it's great...

Level 19
Just asking:
1. Physics?
2. Did you use the Modern Lighting's and Doodad Pack? A must for this.

Well here comes a volley of suggestions:
Halo Masterchief model SHOULD be replaced. Many/Most people know its from Halo. I dont like how the weapon shop is made. If not replaced, re skinned to look like a new character.

As for the Lab, if you are placing weapons, place more uber weapons. If not, replace those with human bodies. Also, replace the tiles below the light flashing down. If not replacing the tile, you must create some sort of block. Tint it more green or blue green.
The second screenshot of the lab is bad. Narrow and stuff. Block that Raise/Lower cliff with walls.

Some part of the city looks bad. Especially its tiles. Place some floor doodads/tile. Texture of one doodad looks reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly stretched. House terrain looks bland. Add more doodads, say a TV. You should think like an Interior Designer here. Design that house better.

Other than that, you need more systems and explain the storyline a little broader.
Good systems to ad would be: First person cam (this can be easily done by creating a model only showing the hands/body of the unit). Play some Restricted Complex for more ideas.

Add some fog to sizzle it up with some lightings and sky too.

Level 28
Just asking:
1. Physics?
2. Did you use the Modern Lighting's and Doodad Pack? A must for this.

Well here comes a volley of suggestions:
Halo Masterchief model SHOULD be replaced. Many/Most people know its from Halo. I dont like how the weapon shop is made. If not replaced, re skinned to look like a new character.

As for the Lab, if you are placing weapons, place more uber weapons. If not, replace those with human bodies. Also, replace the tiles below the light flashing down. If not replacing the tile, you must create some sort of block. Tint it more green or blue green.
The second screenshot of the lab is bad. Narrow and stuff. Block that Raise/Lower cliff with walls.

Some part of the city looks bad. Especially its tiles. Place some floor doodads/tile. Texture of one doodad looks reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly stretched. House terrain looks bland. Add more doodads, say a TV. You should think like an Interior Designer here. Design that house better.

Other than that, you need more systems and explain the storyline a little broader.
Good systems to ad would be: First person cam (this can be easily done by creating a model only showing the hands/body of the unit). Play some Restricted Complex for more ideas.

Add some fog to sizzle it up with some lightings and sky too.

Thanks for taking a look for it, but most of the images are outdated, but for the ghost model this is what we are working on.

211785-albums5437-picture56928.jpg

And yeah if someone will apply to be my coder, he will apply the already build physic system.

Level 28
WOW DUDE THIS IS ************* AMAZING the terrain gives you that Half life feeling of a post apocalyptic event this is just wow where do you find these models absolutely amazing :D I AM A FAN!!!!!!1111111

I'm glad that you like it, but I need to inform you that almost all of the system are being reworked for better performances that means taking more time to finish.

Level 19
I wanna see Deflection Angles here though.
Well I also think you could add a Fog System, Weapon Switch like in CS or most shooting games. Where you would have a One Handed Weapon, Two Handed, Throwing Weapon and a Melee Weapon.

Also, add a scope system for snipers :p
All you need to do is use images/filters.

Level 5
I wanna see Deflection Angles here though.
Well I also think you could add a Fog System, Weapon Switch like in CS or most shooting games. Where you would have a One Handed Weapon, Two Handed, Throwing Weapon and a Melee Weapon.

Also, add a scope system for snipers :p
All you need to do is use images/filters.

Does Fog system include/imply "flashbang" grenades?
If, not, I guess it could be considered, with certain effects on enemy behaviour.

I believe the Ghost model would be equipped to handle all forms of non-magic combat, if all goes well.

Level 28
By Weapon switch I mean carrying a One Handed, Two Handed, Melee, Throwing Weapon and a Body Armor. You could also input Primary and Secondary Ammo and Healthpacks as items.

Fog System is just fog. Flashbang could use filters.
Also, if you need help, just drop by and tell me.

Sure, you already help me a lot on my other project, so I know you can also help here. :psmile:

Level 28
holy fkin shit yooooooooo these models are perfect and the map work looks awesome dude like the terrain and shit duuude awesome work, are u tryna launch like a beta version? so we can have a little look before its final launch?

awesome dude! keep up with the good work

Sorry to inform you dude but the beta is still far for public and only the testers that I recruited are the one testing all the system, currently I'm reworking all the systems and our latest achievement is the shooting system.

Don't worry I'll keep this thread updated for the latest news about Project Ghost:psmile:

Level 28
NEWS:

Progress will slow down due to this reason:

Me and my friend decided to remake my very old map, we've been discussing this for days now and we agreed that we will remake it from scratch. This project have a development thread here, but its abandoned due to many reasons at that time:

• I have little knowledge of the editor that time.
  • Map got full of bugs and leaks.
  • Due to those reasons we lose motivation on it.

But now that I learned a lot we now decided to take another shot on it.

But don't worry, I still have time for this one, I don't want all my work here to be wasted, the progress will just slow down.

Anyway.

On-Topic:

@Krad

Can you make this clear?

and how the size of the melee weapon affects striking range.

You mean the size of the weapon as a range? hmmm that all come to math :p, but for the damage of melee weapons, I'll based it on heroes str x hero lvl.

Good news:
I'll change my crappy movement and camera system with a new one again, now it will use vjass for a better performance.

Level 6
SHOOTING SYSTEM REVIEW......
Well for me you just add walking animation to the model because its just like flying. Well you can search for some good icons. The w,a,s,d is good but it makes me irratete to press the A more than 5x JUST TO CORRECTLY face the enemy.The bullets is good but its better if it is a real looklike bullets model.Well i can suggest add walk ani to model,make bullet more realistic, just add a little speed on facing an angle or you can just don't (i think its better speed, its upon yours) ALSO ADD COMMANDS LIKE JUMP, CRAWL, ESTIMATE (GIVING THE NUMBER OF PERCENT OF CHANCE TO MAKE BULLET HIT) ALSO GIVE A MESSAGE IN WHAT YOU ARE TARGETING (TARGETING:HEAD/FOOT/CHEST/NONE) like that.

Level 6
Definitely be watching this. Haha, I'd know that UI a mile away. SC2 terran?
EDIT: Wish I could help, but I'm too busy with my own mods. -__- But if you need some extra help, just tell me. (Although I'm not really in to triggers) ^~^

Status
Not open for further replies.