1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project Discussion

Discussion in 'Apocalypse' started by Craka_J, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That seems a little too extreme for this. Would also make escaping hordes of 'monsters' too easy.

~Craka_J

2. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you you could use the portal to teleport hordes of zombies to a different location.

"Pheww... Now they're gone... Omfg another group!!! AAAAAA!!! Damn how long
    does this weapon take to reload!!!?!!!?"
    //Player 1

"Too late sucker :cool:"
    //Player 2

"Omfg... This sux..."
    //Player 1

"HAHA!! N@B! :smile:"
    //Player 7

"NOOBNOBoBnOB!! :xxd:"
    //Player 8

"Lawl! nooby :ugly:!"
    //Player 5

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Keeping You Up To Date

To keep you up to date with what's going on right now, I am currently doing very little for the project internally. This is because my computer privilages were taken away. However, I will make up this loss of progress by recruiting new members, keeping in-touch with the team and fans, and will also try to get some things worked on at the site and forum.

I've assigned Vestras, our new triggerer, to begin working on the wave system. It won't be started off with lots of wave 'levels'. We're just getting started with how it will function. First three waves will be very weak creatures, something enough to keep players busy while still getting familiar with the controls and gameplay. After the third level, things will start getting harder (more monsters per spawning wave, harder monsters, etc.) and will continue to get harder throughout the levels you complete.

Ragingspeedhorn is going to take over with terraining parts of the map since I won't be able to. He'll mainly be filling in big blank spots and polishing already 'completed' areas of the terrain. Will there be screenshots to be available soon? That I cannot promise, since Ragingspeedhorn's progression and speed at working is undefined.

DaFranker is still working on the physics and will begin working with weapons most likely. He won't be working so much on bullet collisions though until the terrain is completed and the pathing is confirmed to be nearly perfect.

HvO-Busterkomo has completed the power-up system and will begin working on the Lighting/Sight Radius system. What is this? Check out the Info page on our website.

PrinceKeldarh said he is going to work on the background story of Apocalypse more and involve other important countries in it, as requested by a few readers and fans. When will the story be publicized? That may actually take a while since there is most likely a lot of spell checking and grammar fixing I will have to do after he has finished. There may be more info he or I'd like to add as well.

Overall, progress is moving pretty well. I expect it to increase, but I won't change its status until I know we've been making great progress according to our members on the job. Stay tuned for more updates and keep checking our forum frequently!

~Craka_J

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yesterday, Vestras had completed the Wave System for Apocalypse. It currently spawns waves of monsters at you constantly, but only one at a time. After a wave is completely wiped-out, then next spawns instantly. This is mainly for testing purposes and will be adjusted later on. The wave system only spawns 'weak' enemies. But as the mod is developed more and there's more gameplay content available in the mod, it'll spawn heavier creatures and more difficult monsters for you to kill.

We plan, in the full release, that after the first three or four waves of monsters, the waves' difficulty will increase more and more as each wave is wiped. The pace of the difficulty will depend on what difficulty the host chooses at the beginning of the match, but normally it will be somewhat slow. But towards the end of the game, it'll pick up pretty fast and your skills will really need to be applied in order to succeed.

~Craka_J

5. Vestras

Vestras

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Since I have first read that at the third level, it should be harder now, I have edited the code a little bit.
    It is now more edit-able, since you said that they should be leaded to some point when quests come, well, here are the code:

Code (vJASS):
    //==================================================================
    // Spawn system by Vestras
    // I tried to make it as balanced as I could,
    // and here are the results.
    // NOTE: I have edited the code a little bit
    // to make it more balanced. - Vestras.
    //
    //
    // Requirements:
    // Not really anyone, just two things: You have to
    // Store every zombie into the variable called
    // "S_I", and change the integer called "sti" from 4 (basic) to 5
    // of course more, if you have added more zombies.
    // Also, ALL monsters that should be spawned needs to have a food
    // requirement, nevermind how big it is. Else it wont work.
    //
    //
    // How this works:
    // minhi is the minimum high in the i random integer.
    // minli is the minimum low in the i random integer.
    // i adds minhi to minli, and times them by 2. After that,
    // it divides the number by 3, which makes it more balanced.
    //
    //
    // How to edit:
    // If you think the system is imbalanced and you want to edit
    // the system, just edit the minhi and minli integers to the
    // desired number. This will also edit the i integer, and by
    // that, also the number of units spawned per spawn region.
    //==================================================================
    function SpawnCond takes nothing returns boolean
        if ( not ( udg_waveint >= 3 ) ) then
        set udg_minhi = ( udg_minhi + 1 )
        set udg_minli = ( udg_minli + 1 )
        call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), ( "Level" + ( " " + I2S(udg_waveint) ) ) ) // Just for testing, just delete or edit if you want to.
        return false
        endif
        set udg_minhi = ( udg_minhi + 3 )
        set udg_minli = ( udg_minli + 3 )
        call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), ( "Level" + ( " " + I2S(udg_waveint) ) ) ) // Just for testing, just delete or edit if you want to.
        return true
        endfunction

function Main_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer sloop = 1
        set udg_stp[1] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn1)
        set udg_stp[2] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn2)
        set udg_stp[3] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn3)
        set udg_stp[4] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn4)
        set udg_stp[5] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn5)
        set udg_stp[6] = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn6)
        set udg_stap = GetRandomLocInRect(gg_rct_MonstersSpawn7AIRSPANWSONLY)
        set udg_S_I[1] = 'n001'
        set udg_S_I[2] = 'n000'
        set udg_S_I[3] = 'n002'
        set udg_S_I[4] = 'u001'
        set udg_minhi = ( udg_minhi + 8 )
        set udg_minli = ( udg_minli + 4 )
        set udg_i = ( udg_minhi + ( udg_minli * ( 2 / 3 ) ) )
        set udg_waveint = ( udg_waveint + 1 )
        loop
            exitwhen sloop > udg_i
            set udg_sti = GetRandomInt(1, 4)
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[1], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = GetLastCreatedUnit()
            call IssuePointOrder(udg_u,"attack",0,0)
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[2], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[3], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[4], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[5], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_S_I[udg_sti], Player(1), udg_stp[6], bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'u001', Player(1), udg_stap, bj_UNIT_FACING )
            set udg_u = null
            set udg_sti = 0
            set sloop = sloop + 1
            call PolledWait(0.20)
        endloop
        call ExecuteFunc("SpawnCond")
        set udg_S_I[1] = 0
        set udg_S_I[2] = 0
        set udg_S_I[3] = 0
        set udg_S_I[4] = 0
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stap)
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[1])
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[2])
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[3])
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[4])
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[5])
        call RemoveLocation(udg_stp[6])
    endfunction

//===========================================================================
    function InitTrig_Spawn takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Spawn = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerRegisterPlayerStateEvent( gg_trg_Spawn, Player(1), PLAYER_STATE_RESOURCE_FOOD_USED, LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, 0.00 )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Spawn, function Main_Actions )
    endfunction

And to you who doesn't know: I'm Vestras.

6. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally think you could balance a teleport gun, but yes it would have to have a long CD or maybe it could only teleport like 2 people before it collapses.

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still though, it sounds like a waste of time. Sorry. A unique idea, but not good for a map like ours.

~Craka_J